All Comments on 'The Woodworker's Wife'

by Andyhm

Sort by:
  • 303 Comments (Page 2)
SexobjectSexobjectover 8 years ago
Wonderful.

I love reading erotic stories but I found myself skipping the sex to find out if the bastard Marcus would have her. I'm so glad he failed. l only wish Dave had punched him and I was beginning to hope he would lose his temper with his wife too. So nice to have a happy ending, just really lovely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I agree with Pappy...

A good, honest wife, would have shared the texts. Just as the husband should have. Open honesty trumps vile temptation.

That sounds stupid, so ignore this. I did like the story, and your writing style rox...

enjayemenjayemover 8 years ago
Great Tale

But maybe just a little long and drawn out. I found myself flicking through text to find the next plot point. Good story 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Delightful

The story has managed to capture the complications of a relationship very well. The way Dave reacted to situation was very sought after. He managed to keep his cool and support his wife even after knowing what Marcus was after until she herself saw his intentions. Zoey was just susceptible as it is in human nature to seek for your or your work's approval from someone outside your circle of confidante. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
4

It blows me away that people should have to watch their so called soul mate so they won't betray them.

Or at least that people think its a valid mistake track.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusover 8 years ago

I think this was too drawn out and I also can't see how someone could be so easily persuaded from their so called soulmate.

BobecheBobecheover 8 years ago
Great Story

I thought this was a great story from start to end and no I did not think it was too long. She was a bit naive, for the likes of Marcus, and thought she had everything under control until...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I can't help but wonder

Let's say he succeeded in seducing her, but he didn't catch on. However, Paul knew. Would he want Paul to tell him or leave him in ignorance to live out his life with a faithless wife who could never ever be completely his anymore.

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 8 years ago
Am I the only one...

Who would have told Linda to go fuck herself and let my wife know exactly what the fucker was up to?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOMEN ARE WHORES AT HEART AND THEY'RE STUPID, IF YOU KNOW JUST WHERE TO BLOW SMOKE UP THEIR ASS.

I've fucked so many of those dumb cunts and they NEVER blame themselves for being the self-centered sneaky fucks they are, who want their security cock while they secretly suck and get fucked by another one. I've provided that service for years, though I never stalked one of them. I have the skill and was many times tempted to but I refuse to be the instigator. I only fucked the ones who came after me. (beautiful and sexy, of course...) Most only fucked me a dozen or so times to get it out of their system before deciding that, no matter how much they enjoyed it, what they were doing was too dangerous because, sooner or later, something would tip off their husbands to what they were doing.

The dumb bitch in this story had been solidly warned by the woman Atty. and her husband, who she loves, respects, knows is far from stupid and still insistently made excuses for the arrogant cocksucker so she could keep flitting next to the open flame. Not to mention the outright lies she told him... like just painting his face. (which he could have hauled her ass straight to her studio and pointed out the wet paint at his crotch.... or just used his thumb to smear it and leave it for her to find so she'd know that he KNEW she'd lied.) .... Sure took him long enough to grow the balls to lay down the law.... which is what he should have done by walking out and quietly but FIRMLY talking to Markus at his car...

"Listen, you arrogant mother fucker. I don't give two fucks who your family is or how much money you have. You don't intimidate me in the least and don't think I don't know what you're up to with Zoe. I happen to know all about you and Linda. I know about the other women and the one that's getting a divorce because of you, too. I'll just say this once, so you'd better listen and pay close fucking attention. If you EVER lay a hand on Zoe, I'll do whatever I'm forced to do about it between her and me. She's my wife, the mother of our daughter and I love her more than you love breathing. I'd never do anything physical to her but you can bet your sneaking, arrogant ass that I, that's me, will be directly responsible for the worst thing you can possibly imagine happening to you. ... Now... just like I don't know when what you're planning will happen... if your stupid and it does... neither will you... but you can count on it happening.. and you won't like it. So keep that in mind. Do what you think is wisest, asshole... but remember.... you've been told the price you'll pay if you fuck with me and mine. You can leave now." Then I'd turn and leave him standing there.

Still... it was a very good story. I'm glad the good guy got out of it without getting his heart ripped out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I honestly could not fathom the husband in this story. He absolutely knows what is going on, and as often as he brings up the subject it took him forever to put finally put his foot down.

csltcsltover 8 years ago
Interesting

5 stars

Opinions vary, comments mixed, yet ratings for this and All of Andyhm's stories are at least 4.6.

Kudos!

Richie4110Richie4110over 8 years ago
Another thriller!

Perfect handling of a difficult dynamic. Great characters ( including the villain) and a wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best I've read

This is the best piece on this website. People can tend to forget the human side of things sometimes. The idea of the affair was turning me on but by the end I was happy she didn't do it. Just shows how well you wrote it.

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Holy Gods

I fretted. I got nervous. I could hardly read the next page. Finally went to the end and read it. Went back to read the middle. Still got nervous. Fretted. Would have to stop and look away. This is some great writing. This is as taut a plot as I have read. Very accomplished writing. Loved that it showed how love can be shown in so many ways. Loved that it showed that even the most moral and responsible of people can be tricked into behaving against all they know and stand for. Characters are so well developed and everything that happens is consistent with who they are. A great happy ending that makes sense. Greatness is here in this writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Linda is full of bullshit

Oh come on, he 'seduced' her? Fuck that noise. She cheated because she wanted to cheat. No one cheats because someone tricks them. Paul deserved to know what his wife had done. She had robbed him of his free will, of the choice whether to stay or divorce. That's disgusting and abominable. 1 star for that alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for a great sotry and your effort

eat shit annony you fucking retard

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
re: anonymous-5 for a great sorty.......(story?)

Bonnie, if you're going to make nasty remarks about anonymous, you don't need to hide behind anonymous. We all know it's you. Only an idiot like you would make a comment like that on every loving wives story. Tells us volumes about your mentality. Get help soon. You need it.

green117green117over 8 years ago
On second read

or perhaps skim...

and going through the comments (why oh why do I torment myself)

I'd say that a sequel would be a very good thing.

I think your theme is love, in a gentle and creative way.

Leaving the female protagonist as only a reactive figure weakens the message.

Green-something

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 8 years ago
I enjoyed parts of the story, but found myself skimming quite a bit

I'm not sure why a husband would need to go to such lengths to prevent a forewarned wife from cheating; is it even worth the effort if necessary?

NiceSmileNiceSmileover 8 years ago
Thank You

I could not put thi iPad down; I could not eat till I read every page. Nicely done.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 8 years ago
One of the half-dozen best on the site.

This story was great in every way that matters. The characters are gripping; the plot is logical and believable; the pace and the rising tension are superbly done; the detail sufficient but not overwhelming; and I'm left thinking that this couple really will live out the happy ending they made for themselves. I would ask for more like this, but like Dave's and Zoe's creations, I think it's one of a kind. Bravo, and thank you.

faithful101faithful101over 8 years ago

Excellent story! Thank you for writing it. It was unrelievedly intense, and I could not lay it down. Please keep writing your wonderful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Whow!

What a pageturner - great story, great characters (though the wife appeared a bit too drawn back in her emotional responses at times), great suspense -- very interesting read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

So husband warned her.

Her friends told her .

And she began having marriage issues.

And still she carried on?

No wife would be that stupid I would hope, well, unless she wanted to cheat.

Excellent writing, loved this story.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 8 years ago
WHAT THE HELL WAS SO HARD ABOUT GETTING ZOE TO SMARTEN UP??

Why didn't he have Linda take Zoe aside and fill her in on what the predatory bastard had done to her and show her how he was doing exactly the same thing to her.... just like Dave was trying to warn her he was. Linda wouldn't let her friend be another victim but even if she refused, Dave could have told her that she had a choice... she could tell Zoe or he'd go tell her husband the whole story of her fucking the sonofabitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Well deserved

One: Dave should have confronted Zoe with his findings in that folder about her odd acceptances and texts. And warn her that he will be behind her tracks forever, so not get him for granted. Bet all for all now.

Two: Marcus deserved Dave's boot shoved deep up his arse as a farewell.

Three: next time she WILL be seduced. And Dave will keep being the nice gentleman and let her follow her feeble judgement until it is too late; or the beggining of the end.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 8 years ago
Wow

Wow. I kept thinking about this story all day- couldn't get it out of my head. The slow inevitable seduction was inspiring. I must admit that the eroticism of a loving life being slowly seduced is my favorite story line, and I was expecting a different conclusion- how amazing to have everyone say "watch out for this guy", and then have her fall? But she didn't. It didn't fulfill my prurient interest, but like a great meal it took me to the edge and left me a bit short. Masterful writing, one of the best I've ever read on this theme.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very Engaging

I love the comments that read like they're giving advice to Zoe or Dave. It just shows how well you sucked us in to your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
excellent story

Excellent story so many stories have the wife giving in. Its a breath of fresh air to have one that was close but no cigar. You kept me on the edge right up to the last text. For those who think she was a dimwit. From personal experience her caving is not far from Truth. It's amazing what a woman would do with a man that has the right look and means who knows how to push her buttons. Especially women who are vulnerable and all women get vulnerable at some point in their life. Specifically around pre and menopausal times or a few months after giving birth.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 8 years ago
I appreciated your story

The only thing I didn't like was that Dave didn't confront Zoe about the kiss. Dave may have not wanted Zoe to know he was checking her communication with Marcus but Dave may have been able to find a way.

Great story, though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very intense story but

Linda should have confessed.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 8 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is the second time I've read this story in the last year and congratulate you on a very romantic tale with great tension and a very nice ending. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyed it a lot

My only regret was that the husband didn't knock the slimy bastard on his ass. BK

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
I think.

A solid right hook was in order. The nasty cunt.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 7 years ago
I know it is just a story but I was afraid she would remain blind.

I would have been really unhappy. I do think that there should be physical activities to curb this bastard from this nasty habit of seduction or at least make him think twice. Thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
:)

This is my favorite of yours by far. No cuckhold, though I want hime to give his wife a lesson. :)

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 7 years ago
Agree with BEGREETORUN

Marcus deserves to be gelded before the wreckage resulting from his behavior become more widespread; he is at least a sociopath or worse. Even as his seduction of Zoe failed, he intends to use her painting of him as a device to enable further conquests. Would love read about his downfall; his disappointment doesn't go far enough. He needs suffer pain as well as a severe loss of confidence in his attraction to and ability to satisfy women.

crazycujocrazycujoover 7 years ago
A villain of epic proportions.....

You have created a villain to equal Nageren's in his "The unfair exchange". Both of them need a revenge story about truly awful characters. Many thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yah, the real good people win!

So happy with this story! Love the fact the people you developed for us to care about came out on top and have started a "Happily ever after". Could be that I am jaded but I so love Zoe & Dave & Siobhan and Love that they have a world of possibilities.

Pappy7Pappy7over 7 years ago
Second read for me

and I still really like the story. I don't like the fact that poor Dave had to fight all of the other characters in the story to keep his wife from fucking her client. I understand that the position she was in was past intimate, painting someone's dick is pretty personal and if he looked that good and was that arrogant she probably really was on the edge all the time. And that being the case, she should have realized just how precarious her position was with regards to her marriage. As I have stated before, for some reason our spouses and what they expect, no demand, from us as regards to our behavior away from them has taken a back seat to our own ideas of what is right or not. It does seem to me that if her husband and child had really been in the fore front of her mind set then she could have resisted all of the flattery, read it as bullshit, that was coming off of Marcus. I have never met a woman who didn't have a built in bullshit detector when it came to her pussy. However, most of them that I have known also have an on/off switch on that detector as well. So if it ain't working, it's cause she turned it off. As for Dave taking Marcus out of circulation so he won't sin again, that's not his job. From the looks of things poor Dave has all he can do the keep his wife's panties on her at all times. Besides, anything permanent would land him in jail and his wife will be counting ceiling tiles in Marcus' bedroom before Dave gets to the penitentiary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Were he less talented

The bad guy would be screwing his wife. Lucky guy

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
On ReThink

What exactly would have happened if he didn't have his 'magic sculptures'? His wife would have fucked that guy.

So what is a man who does not have magic sculptures do? Why would his wife listen to a sculpture, but not her husband?

This...is a serious issue with the wife.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Protagonist

I had over a page of comments, but it all boils down to a flaw in most of Andyhm's LW protags: A refusal to confront their wives with their lies! He knew about Wednesday, and not just from checking the painting, but by Marcus's comments on Friday about "feeling a draft" last time.

It would mean admitting to snooping, but seeing the message about kissing at the session before the one that he caught her about to kiss Marcus.

He should have admitted to checking with Linda and finding out that Marcus WASN'T leaving town!

He also should have insisted that Linda tell Zoe. For that matter, what woman confides an affair to the husband of her best friend, who might be sympathetic towards her husband, rather than the best friend that she knows is the target of the sleaze?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Better then your other stories

Andy - in your story of Trials of Love you had the Peter forgive Kayla for her affair with obscure excuses - this story at least has the husband catching on to the sexual predator and stopping his wife from making a big mistake. In Trials of Love you had the wife committing an affair (yes mutual oral sex) but who would believe that two people would spend the night together 69"ing and not fucking?

This story is believable to some degree so keep this story line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Silly women

Just how much does a persons spouse have to be the true "Dumb Broad" before they realize they are married to one.

That's the trouble with these kinds of stories the woman has to be dumber than a rock .

rmeyerhormeyerhoover 7 years ago
Woodworker

This is the second time for this story in the last 18 months. Were you the original author? If so, why a second time? Even though I had read it, it is still an interesting story. Enjoyed it again.

AndyhmAndyhmover 7 years agoAuthor
@rmeyerho

Not sure what you are asking. Yes I'm the author, this is the original post, it has not been resubmitted

Andyhm

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
No Need To Add Anything Else!

Everyone has pretty well said what I was thinking. Except you have really portrayed Women to be clueless! If they can't keep their cunt in their pants without hubby being right beside them at all times then sayonara honey!

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7about 7 years ago
Wow, fantastic story

Wow, amazing story. Five out of five.

So well written. Smart. Realistic. Well thought out. I was really worried they weren't going to make it.

My favourite stories are when wives fallen into trouble realistically rather than just be cold-hearted betrayers.

This is the first of your stories I have read and I look forward to reading all the others.

Thanks for posting.

Steve

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 7 years ago
Second time through

Still a brilliant tale. Five stars. Still a favorite and love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
great, a 5, but the wife is a little unbelievable

Great story. I have gone back and reread it several times over the last month. However, I think you overdid how naive the wife is. It is not believable that she still thought her husband was wrong about him after all the texts, the kiss, the touchy feely stuff, the repeated putdowns of her husband, the restaurant attempted setup (which even she saw for what it was) all on top of being warned about his previous successes. Why did she not go talk to their friend about what she said he had done instead of dismissing it as not true? And in the restaurant setup, she started to go sit with him. A wife in tune with her husband at all, with all that had happened and all their discussions and his threat to leave if their was any funny business, would have either waited to see what her husband thought or better yet said she would rather sit with her husband. And her reply to the jerk when he asked in a text if she would have left wit him, "I would have had no choice," amazed me. She saw the setup, knew what he was doing, and acted like that was nothing, but it bothered her husband so she would have humored him because she loved him. What? Regardless of whether she believed he was after her, that was flagrant and she should have been the first one out the door. She said it was stupid of him to try that setup and no one could blame her husband for his reaction, but was going to go sit with him (!) and in their texts did not in any way tell him that it was inappropriate or tell him not to do something like that again. She put him in his place on other occasions, why not that one? A little too naive and dumb for someone so obviously in love with her husband. She also should have shut him down when he kept putting her husband down. Lots of people have close relationships, sexual even, while still not allowing snarky comments about their spouse. Her love was a little spotty there. Sorry this is so long, I got on a roll.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Again, great, but...

I do not see why the husband did not try to get her to talk to their friend about what she had said, or tell her about the proof that the jerk was lying about having to travel soon, or tell her what he overheard at the restaurant. That makes him a little unbelievable at times, also.

DoctimeDoctimealmost 7 years ago

A brilliant tale, not of a marriage but of a skilled con man. Both as a writer and an author you know how easily it could have gone the other way.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
Exquisite!

The predator was evil incarnate, the naive wife was succumbing to his crafty manipulations, yet our hero manages to pull off the save! Just in time, the mask came off of the smiling predator so Zoe could glimpse his true character.

You kept the tension going quite nicely, allowing Dave to discover enough information to thwart Marcus's plans without revealing his sources to Zoe. Dave couldn't simply lay down the law, that never would have worked. In the end, it had to be her decision: her loving family or an uncertain future without them.

Looking forward to reading more of your work here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

no revenge.

cap5356cap5356almost 7 years ago
great story

very well written story. love how it showed how someone can easily change their mind on things without knowing that they are. it was a very hard road for him to keep her in line but glad that he was finally able to show her the true colors of the other guy.

hillcountrycowboyhillcountrycowboyalmost 7 years ago
The story has flaws

The husband has flaws. The wife has flaws. The arrogant asshole has giant asshole flaws. Real life has flaws.

Here's the bottom line for me though - I was on pins and needles, so tense I could barely breathe as I read desperately to reach the end. 'Nuff said.

The story has made me reexamine my relationship with my wife, and find myself lacking. Thank you.

Hillcountrycowboy

checkaho013checkaho013almost 7 years ago
Misguided Loyalty

I can't understand Dave's fidelity to his promise to Linda, after she delivered Zoe to the wolf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
To Anonymous of 07/04/17

Oh there was revenge. The perfect revenge.

Marcus had failure shoved in his face.

To a man such as him, used to succeding, failure is the one thing he will be unable to bear. Oh he will go on being an arsehole but, now, there will always be the knowledge gnawing away at the back of his mind that he could fail again...

Great story, fully deserving the 5*s I awarded it.

Paul Felly

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great story, one small issue with husband

Thanks for writing, this is another great story. My only small issue with the story, very small, is that Dave wasn't really putting everything above his wife, in order to save her. I'm talking about Linda, and the promise he made her. He should have told her when he first talked to her, and later, that either Linda confessed to his Wife or he would tell her. His marriage was at risk, why wouldn't he risk it all to save it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Goodhearted

But ditzy and easy sluts. This is a married woman ignoring the obvious to let her self continue to be pursued.

Why in a supposedly happy and contented marriage

things would go along that path for a long period of time when it was pointed out?

He was a skilled seducer , was she retarded?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
4 stars

Story is definitely well written and crafted but it bothered me that there were times when it seemed that it was time for David to push back at Zoe's insistence that Marcus was just a nice guy. The last time she said that, he should have replied that "he is not a nice guy" but was only looking to get in her pants. Linda wasn't the only source for his concern but Geraldine had also warned him. He also seemed a bit remiss in not calling her out on all the lying and half truths and misdirection she had been giving him. Lying directly but mostly by omission. For instance, not telling him that Marcus had actually showed up on the Wednesday when the session had been cancelled. That he had only been there only a half hour and that she had only worked on his head in the painting when he knew she had been working on his torso.

But what bothers me the most is that Linda had only talked to David to relate the story of her and Marcus. She should have talked to both David and Zoe letting them know what Marcus was like and what he was up to and how Marcus had blackmailed her into giving him the information on how to contact Zoe. David should have insisted on that conversation, and at one point in the story he said that he would have to have Linda talk to Zoe, but he never followed through on that idea. Of course, if that conversation had actually happened, the story would have been much shorter assuming Zoe had taken what Linda told her to heart.

Of course the question remains, despite Zoe's assertion in her last text message to Marcus that she only ever considered him a friend, was that really true or just wishful thinking on her part to make herself feel better. Parts of the story imply that she was being drawn in by Marcus's manipulations and would have sooner or later succumbed. And what's with the desire for a baby at the end?

TatankaBillTatankaBillalmost 7 years ago
Great read!

I love happy endings. I've read many of the comments and I agree that the characters made mistakes, but that's what makes for a good story, isn't it? Real life does indeed work this way. Your villain Marcus is almost too villainous...but not quite. What I held against him was the absurdity that any person has the ability to so successfully seduce any woman he wants. I also have a higher opinion of women than to think most women wouldn't have this prick's number right out of the gate. But of course his seduction has to be nearly successful to maintain the sexual tension of the story, and Zoe's thinking has to be clouded enough to come close to succumbing. You've written this thing beautifully. I was on pins and needles waiting for Zoe to sabotage her marriage, and wondering how Dave would go about trying to save it. Now I have to read all the rest of your stories! Thank you so much for this one!

snathsnathalmost 7 years ago

Great stories pull the readers to the vote panel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So Tense

. . . I stayed angry with the seducer, angry at Zoe, angry with Dave. Everyone was having such good manners over the top of something so disgustingly ugly. Uggh. Well done.

1WiseSage1WiseSageover 6 years ago
Top Notch!!

You have perfectly captured women's psyche! And ironically how they all love to disparage men as only being able to think with their dicks.

Yet women are persistently, consistently and inevitably blinded by the "bad boy"; choosing to whole-heartedly believe, trust and worship the lying predator-seducer in complete deference against spouses, loved ones, family, friends and associates. Dedicated, committed, ready, willing, able and panting to spread their slut-driven legs and have the bad boy ravage their whore cunts, mouths and asses with his diseased cock. And to hell with their spouses, babies, children, family and their own dignity and self-worth!

Keep up the good work...

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Absolutely perfect

I loved every page of it. Great character development. Loved it especially as an artist, you really captured the life and temperament of the profession.

I now have a larger task in front of me.....reading the rest of your stories.

smmhomesmmhomeover 6 years ago
This fine writer could use a better plot

I love the writing. I like the characters. The author’s a good storyteller. I just think the underlying plot is severely flawed.

This tale leaves me wondering, … what’s the point of a story that explores 'relationship drama' surrounding such a weak relationship? If the relationship were strong, … then why the unrealistic drama? I just don’t get it.

Based upon typical TV plots, the masses seem to eat up “drama, for drama’s sake.” Thus, I’m not surprised that this story is popular. I would argue, however, that given a better, more realistic plot, this author’s talent could really create something special.

Argument for a “weak” relationship:

The essence of the argument can be summed by the fact that the protagonist is not sure with pre-warning that he could stop his wife from being seduced by another man. The story closes with, “I had a chance to thwart him as best I could. I wasn't at all sure I'd succeed.”

Is this a world where it’s just assumed that if somebody hot enough comes along, we’d all simply forget our spouse, our child, our family, our commitments, our principles… and be unfaithful? We’re all that shallow or is this a particularly weak marriage? Or a particularly susceptible wife?

Further, we're supposed to accept that he wouldn't tell her, his wife, about how this man seduced another woman (Linda)? He'd allow this grave threat to his marriage persist... when he could've talked to his wife & explained? He'd put his commitment to protect another marriage over protecting his own? Why not just get Linda to talk to your wife directly? Oops, that simple solution would've ruined all of the unrealistic drama.

smmhomesmmhomeover 6 years ago
Why not just get Linda to talk to your wife directly?

Have the woman that warned you about the "expert seducer"... warn your wife.

Oops, that simple solution would've ruined all of the drama.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
great story 5*

should any husband have to run interference like that?

zoe was too stupid, is that really how arty farty people can so easily be seduced?

did he not have a nice peice of 3"x 2" he could show marcus?

ManoBlueManoBlueover 6 years ago
Stupid

The Husband let his Naive wife off the hook

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@smmhome

I really liked the way you put things. I've read some others of your reviews and I find myself nodding as I read them. I find most of loving wives tales weak on that point. The relationships seem to be weak enough that an expert seducer can shake them to the core. The wives are too naive, too trusting when it comes to the seducer, but they distrut their husband's warnings not taking them seriously.

The wife was left off the hook too easily. She was not just a victim, she was part of the seduction with her bad choices.

A talented wirter with some really weak points in the storyline.

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
Why, knowing the playbook the Arrogant twit was using

did the woodworker not become proactive? He learned about the kiss and did nothing. He knew about the text messages but didn't use the information in them. He knew the accusations of jealousy but didn't turn it to his advantage.

It's time someone took the initiative. His doting uncle needs to receive a packet of photos. The wives going through divorce actions should band together and get satisfaction.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Poor Paul. Not a friend in the world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Zoe was a disrespectful idiot.

If you respect your spouse, you let them say "no, absolutely not" from time to time.

There was no indication her husband was overbearing and controlling. And yet, the one time he did say "no" she went behind his back, essentially telling him his concern was meaningless.

Who cares if she didn't actually fuck another man --- yet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
nothing owed

Linda admits identifying Zoe to Marcus, knowing the probable successful seduction would follow to save her own marriage..The woodworker owes that aider and abetter nothing.

Linda's actions allow Dave to protect his marriage at expense of Linda's

Most likely Paul already knows as seducing wives with no regard to affect on marriage is Marcus' pathology. Marcus needs husband to know seduction is taking place and husband cannot stop him.

Dave is fool to save Linda's marriage at expense of his own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Observations.

An intense and well written story with a well developed plot.

What's with women! tickle their vanity and they become brain dead. Zoe is not unintelligent but inspite of Dave's clear and repeated warnings, she continues to fall under Marcus's spell. She has already started her affair with Marcus, all that remains is for him to take her to bed. She's omitting the truth, here and there, and is in constant communication with him. It takes Dave's ultimatum to finally wake her and then too, after hearing what Marcus has to say to Dave,"You stupid little man" etc., she ushers him into her studio instead of kicking him out! It needs Dave's little manipulation to open her eyes. Still, *****'s.

Theakston58Theakston58over 6 years ago
I don’t know...

...if Dave is a better or worse man than me. After reading about the kiss, I would have simply taken a knife and slashed the canvas. Then Zoe would have been forced to pick him or me. Your idea, however, made for a much better story. Easily 5 stars!

Theakston

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 6 years ago
Intense, tense story

I’ve experienced it: the guy comes across as so sincere and sweet.

While my hackles are at 12 o’clock

OPrimeOPrimealmost 6 years ago
Unbelievable

All these stories where the women are naive dumb asses.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

It was a great story, but a crisis so easily averted:

"Zoe, Marcus is full of shit... He's just trying to fuck you. Isn't that right... Linda?"

"It's true, Zoe. I overheard Marcus saying he had you targeted for his next seduction. He said you two were so much in love it made him sick and he couldn't wait to destroy your marriage."

"Thanks guys... I'll tell him to go fuck himself!" Zoe snarled, stomping out of the room.

"Cheers, Linda."

"No problem! Thanks for not saying anything to Paul."

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago

Man...that one had me on the edge of my seat. A real nail biter. Will she or won't she? What is she saying to her Husband and what is she saying to the would be Lothario when her Husband isn't around. God this woman was dense, but at least she had her priorities straight, mostly.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Great long story

I really enjoy long stories that make it worthwhile to read. This one kept me wondering right to the end. Why couldn't Zoe see Marcus for what he really was? Dave had no problem seeing him clearly. He should have carved him up a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Paul nees to know

Linda is a stupid whore and so is any married woman that let's Marcus fuck their slimy cunts.

Zoe was also a goddamned stupid cheating cunt that was only stopped by her husband.

Great writing about pathetic people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
liked it but

I want to start this by saying that I enjoyed the story and I am happy that I read it. It is well-written and the characters are likable, but as I read it, I was struck by what I call Soap Opera Lament. If I was in the room while my wife watched her soap operas, it was always plain that they would have no plot if the characters talked to each other, and I am afraid that this story has the same problem. Why wouldn't Dave tell Zoe that Marcus's trip was BS? Why wouldn't Dave tell Zoe that he knew that because of which part of the painting had wet paint, he knew that Marcus had posed nude when Zoe claimed that she had only painted the face? Why not confront Zoe about the caresses he witnessed? Zoe is portrayed as sufficiently self-aware that she should have realized what Marcus was trying to do, just by analyzing her own actions. I can see that Dave would not want to bring up the emails, but Zoe was certainly aware and should have been able to see the intent after having it brought to her attention. I have trouble believing that an attractive woman is totally clueless when a man pursues her.

Enough. I liked the story, although not as much as others by the same author.

notme

notmenopenotme@mail.com

shangoshangoover 5 years ago
Dave was prepared to risk his marriage

To cover someone else's screw-up? He was dumber than his wife! His wife could at least say she was seduced!

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

4* not due to the writing but due to the story not providing ANY justice. Marcus once again gets off Scott free and his co-conspirator Sylvia too. Marcus may have lost Zoe but his loss when unscathed. Marcus needs to meet many swings of a cricket bat.

Also where was their good friend the Solicitor who knew of Marcus's methods and goals? Why didn't the Solicitor have a woman to woman with Zoe? This was a story miss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Awesome Job

Very well written. Just goes to show how love can be blinded by predators seeking out an easy score and not worry about the aftermath.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Again

This is my favorite Andyhm story. A long, but always interesting story. Still amazed at Zoe's blindness to Marcus's intentions. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Love to be fought over

This is a great story and for me highlights three things women love.

Firstly no matter how much it hurts their men women just live to be fought over.

Women play ignorant but they no when a man is interested in them.

Its always the husbands, partners fault when shit happens.

Emotional cheating is just as bad as physical cheating.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
The blinders

Were on in this one. Excellent tale. Women seem to be attracted to seducers and the person with the true love gets left in ruin. Been there, done that. Glad this one worked out. 5 keep writing.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 5 years ago
Great story, but .....

Marcus got away Scot free. He needed a good ass kicking for his open attempt to bed Zoe. Something needed to happen to him to keep the asshole from doing the same thing to another woman. And he had the "sexy" portrait to help him. Maybe a little acid wash on his prescious red Porche. Dave deserved to extract some retribution for the grief Marcus put him through. (I know, I know, It's just a story.). Easy to get caught up in it though. Great writing. You are VERY talented. Thanks for sharing what's in your very fertile brain. Easy 5. 😊😊😊😊😊

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 5 years ago
Emotional story

All good artists, and I include writers in this broad statement, want to wring some emotion out of their readers/viewers/listeners, and this one certainly does. I think the best word, used by one of the commentators here, is fretful. I felt the same way all the way through this one.

I've known girls like Zoe who, when thinking about or working on their art, hardly noticed what is going on in the world until something smacked them in the face. And then they usually treated that more as an unpleasant disruption of their art time rather than anything of real consequence. In a way the ones I've known who are like that are almost challenged enough to need a carer. So being hit on by a master seducer is almost a case of bullying the disabled. Sure, they should be adult enough to recognise the real world is not a happy bunny place for most of the time, but some just don't have the tools to handle it. I think it's could be a form of autism.

But, I always wonder why it is up to men to have to fight for the wife's chastity. I mean, we do (apart from those who enjoy watching them give it away - who I just cannot get my head around, even in a story; why would anyone need that much humiliation?), and men sometimes manage, sometimes dont, sometimes know but can't prevent it, and sometimes don't know a thing about it. But why do we have to? Why is it not the woman who has to fight for her own chastity? Is there a different scale of values between the male and female mind? I'm not discussing men cheating around, because this is LW and that would be moot.

Every story in this category is a roiling furnace of emotion, and I think that's why so many keep coming back to read more. But that's the question most of these stories face: why couldn't you take care of yourself?

I wonder if things would be different if marriage lines included the words "if you cheat, you're guilty and the marriage ends immediately and automatically as if it had never happened" whether women would fight a little harder to look after their own virtue.

I guess the question I'm asking is one which you consider a different aspect of in your admittedly fine stories; when did it become our job to protect our wives against themselves? Are we simply carers for the mentally, socially or sexually disabled? Is that what we have to be?

Because I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I signed up for when I said "I do".

Hell, who would?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
poor

paul

MormonJackMormonJackabout 5 years ago
I love how this got me emotionally involved.

Sad that so many feel like Marcus should have been punished. Doesn't always happen in life. Instead, the story captured my emotions: what would I do in that situation? Yeah... loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Interfere

A couple of good kicks in the balls would have gone a long way toward settling Marcus down. Cannot imagine a loving wife being swayed by such an obvious prick. The wife was either blind, deaf or stupid. Probably all three.

StormKing33StormKing33almost 5 years ago
5* Superior Story

And that folks is how it done: Plot, grammar, spelling, flow, punctuation. Marcus still needs a kick to the balls though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sorry

But a husband (or wife for that matter) should never have to the art the seduction of the spouse. If it is necessary then the spouse being seduced does not live and respect the other or their family and a divorce is the only logical conclusion. There will always be the thought in the back of the mind that "I stopped this one, but what about the next time or the time that I know nothing about?"

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 5 years ago
Wow. You are a great writer.

I found you through Laptopwriter, and I've 5-starred you twice in two days.

You are able to transmit emotion big-time in your writing, which makes for edge of the seat reading.

Even when I have disagreed with where you were headed, I've enjoyed the ride because of the great writing.

I'd put you in the top 5 of the LW writers despite the fact that you don't visit very often.

I will have to slowly make my way through your stuff, although I am not a fan of the numerous chapters.

Keep up the great work, and visit LW more often, please.

Hooked

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAndyhm@Andyhm
Jan 2023 I’m afraid that for the foreseeable future I’ve had to put hold any work on current and future stories on this site. There is so much going on in my life currently that I’m unable to justify the time I spend writing short stories. Hopefully this will be a temporary h...