The Wrath of the Daemon Ch. 03

Story Info
...one man loses, so that everyone else can win.
10.3k words
4.66
29k
37

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/26/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aka_Mike
aka_Mike
500 Followers

Author's Note: If you are a brand new reader to this series, or are just curious as to the reading order into this series, check out "...Of the End of D" in the Non-Erotic section of the website. The down and dirty list of the reading order can be found in my biography section.

There is a lot of shifts in points of views in this story, that is going to get a little confusing for some people. I tried to avoid going back to this style of storytelling, however because there are so many things going on it was the only way to explore them all. The points of view are the present time, this one is exposed in the beginning parts of the story and is probably the one that will cause the most confusion. The rest of the points of view are shifted by character, however they are all of past events.

Hope you all enjoyed this series, until next time: keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down.

Much Love,

aka_Mike

...

The amount of violence was unbelievable; the speed in which it took place was beyond belief itself. Elvis looked about the room in which he found himself in, trying against all reason to defend any of the events that had taken place over the last few weeks. He was standing before a large panel of individuals with important titles, some were Chiefs, others Deputy Chiefs, and a few others were Secretaries. Yet each of those men and women held the rest of his life in their fat, sweaty palms. Not for the first time did he wonder just how long it had been since any of them had tasted the adrenaline of field work, or if they even had served in that capacity.

Still, he had to listen to them, they were authority figures in the rapidly disappearing world of intelligence.

"Agent Presley," one of the men began, a Chief of sorts, his tone of voice spoke of a man that was used to authority. His arrogance bothered Elvis almost immediately. "We are only interested in the facts of the events that transpired during the investigation into the criminal activities with the organization you were tasked out to investigate. I am sure that I don't need to remind you that you are under obligation to answer all our questions truthfully. While you are not under oath, your position as a Federal Agent prevents you from using the 5th Amendment to avoid answering them. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir."

"While this is not in any way a criminal investigation, you are entitled to have counsel if you so wish. Do you want to hold proceedings until you can secure counsel, Agent Presley?"

"No, sir. We can proceed."

"Very good, Agent Presley. To the best of your knowledge, can you please tell us the events that led to what is being hailed as the worst wave of violence in the past 50 years?"

"Has Special Agent Carter's report been reviewed by the members of this panel?" Elvis already knew the answer, they would not have called him in if they had not.

"We have reviewed the case files submitted," the Chief replied, "we have additional questions on what was submitted."

"Perhaps the person to ask would be the author of said report," Elvis replied, "I cannot speak on Agent Carter's behalf."

"Agent Presley," the Chief continued, exasperated. "This panel is well aware of both your insubordination with authority figures, and with your open defiance with protocol. Here is some free advise for you, son: do not push your luck."

"While my personality flaws are, as you said, well documented, my answers are geared toward the purpose of this panel. It is clear that this fine group has been assembled to assign blame for the mishandling of the case by the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Their embarrassment, I am sure, is extensive considering how their lead investigators not only unjustly but illegally apprehended an American citizen. Not to mention the embarrassment at having their patchwork investigation be exposed by what most attorneys would consider a green horn.

"On top of that, I am sure that the exposure of several links to the aforementioned criminal organizations did not sit well with certain individuals. In other words, sir, I don't think I can heed your advise without properly consulting an attorney of my own." There were a few snickers within the other panel members at that last comment.

"Agent Presley," another voice began, this one belonged to a well-dressed Secretary, "that is precisely why we have convened here, today. Your investigation exposed a lot of embarrassing skeletons within closets in many Federal Agencies, not just with the FBI. This, however, is not a witch hunt looking to assign blame to anyone. We are trying to find out, from the mind of someone with the expertise that you have, and the familiarity of the case that can further shed light into this situation."

"Gentlemen," Elvis continued, "I am afraid that there is very little more than I can shed light into that Agent Carter has not already done so in his report. However, if you would be more specific as to what additional information you require from me, I would be more than happy to assist."

"Start from when you discovered that Agent Carter had leaked the identity of the two women that began this entire affair," the Secretary replied.

"As you said, sir," Elvis replied, "Agent Carter decided to look into previously submitted reports by another agent that had served as a partner during the initial phase of the investigation..."

...

The flight was not long, the pilots got him to the vicinity of the house in less than 30 minutes, yet the gravity of the situation made him feel as if time was crawling. During that time, Elvis coordinated as much of the ground forces as he could from a mental picture. He imagined where they would be staging, where any potential threats would be coming from, and how to evacuate the two women in the fastest and safest way possible. He struggled with himself about contacting D, the news alone would certainly make him behave recklessly. But if he had to admit it to himself, the main reason why he was struggling with it was because he felt that it would betray his closest friend. In a way, D behaving recklessly would allow the investigation into him to be closed, but it would also put him in terrible danger.

As he walked to the door, his thoughts were filled with that struggle. There was another reason for his hesitation, one that he feared far more than his other reasons. What if D did not act recklessly? What if he had indeed lost what little he had left that made him human? Elvis knew that once that happened with D, he would only be a few steps behind. Not for the first time did Elvis think back about that conversation he had with his doctor about D, how they each challenge each other to reach new heights, but at the same time how they can bring each other down.

"Can I help you?" The soft and gentle voice broke his daydream, it took him far longer than he dared to admit to realize he had been holding his hand ready to knock on the door but had not done so.

"I'm sorry," Elvis replied, he quickly moved his had to produce his badge before another voice interrupted him.

"You're Elvis," Rebecca said as she moved Martha out of the way, "D has told me a lot about you."

"I'm sure not all of it good," Elvis continued, "I am afraid that we don't have much time for proper introductions, ladies. We need to get you out of here as soon as you can pack some stuff up to bring with you. I would suggest at least three days' worth of stuff."

"Already done," Rebecca said, "ever since we spoke with Edith we knew something like this might happen. Is he alright?"

"He is fine," Elvis looked at the woman, he could see that inner strength that had carried her through service with the Daemon of Fallujah, even just serving beside him is not a guarantee of safety. But this woman served under him, was with him through some of the most dangerous missions of his career, and yet she stands firm in her convictions. Elvis realized how much she must mean to D at that precise moment; she was evidence that he could make it through. "However," he continued, "you may not be. We have to get you out of here, quickly."

"Lead the way, Elvis," Rebecca answered, pulling both a small child and a bag with her. Martha did the same, "I take it that D has no idea that you're here?"

"Not a clue," he replied.

"Why not?" Martha asked, she too survived her encounter with D, even growing to love him as much as this other woman. Together, they bore his children as a couple and out of that same love that D felt for them he had decided to keep them out of his life. Elvis understood the feeling; people like he and D were poison for those around them. The more they loved, the quicker the poison would consume their loved ones. It would take a special type of woman to survive that experience, and while Martha on her own merit was a strong and gorgeous woman, she did not have that thing Rebecca did. She did not understand the Daemon.

"Because if he did," Rebecca replied before Elvis could, "he would have been the one here picking us up. Which means that things are about to get really bloody. Does someone know about us?"

"I don't know," Elvis replied, "someone released your names in open radio waves. I have reasons to believe that someone could have heard those names and could potentially sell that information to an interested party."

"What kind of moron would do such a thing?" Rebecca helped load Martha and the children into the chopper as she continued her conversation with Elvis. She saw the many similarities with D, that was the main reason why she was so at ease speaking with this man. D had spoken volumes about him, in those terrible nights when the nightmares were at their worst, D would often call out for him. She never imagined that she would come across such a man as D in her life, but here was a second man that was equally fragmented and void of joy. Here was a man just as dangerous.

"Someone that greatly underestimated the Daemon," Elvis replied as he helped Rebecca climb aboard the chopper. "Let's hope I am wrong about this one, do you have a way to contact him?"

"Yes," Rebecca replied, "as soon as we are airborne I will send out a message for him so he knows we are safe, and so he knows who helped us out."

"He'll know," Elvis replied as he closed the door to the chopper and saw it start to lift. The pressure from the rotors was a welcomed experience, he had spent many days beneath similar winds throughout his career. He could now begin his meticulous planning without fear of harming the women, they would reach out to D and comfort him.

"We got incoming," the voice on the radio shook him awake once more, "three Victors, five pax each. Assault rifles, heavy plates. Pros for sure."

"Maintain position," Elvis replied, "engage only if engaged. Let them come as close to the house as they dare, maybe they did not see the chopper take off."

"Roger," the man on the other side of the speaker replied, "standing by. ROEs remain as briefed. ETA, 10 minutes."

...

"Did the men under your command follow those Rules of Engagement, Agent Presley?" The Chief that had previously spoken to him asked. "The report does outline a number of casualties on that day."

"As the vehicles pulled into the house, sir," Elvis began, "my men mobilized into a pincer maneuver in order to lock our targets in place. Our plan was to exhibit a show of force to hopefully have them surrender without bloodshed."

"It didn't go as planned, did it Agent Presley?" The venom spewed out from the Chief's mouth as he spoke, Elvis knew that he had wounded his ego with their previous conversation, however he was not prepared for the depth that cut had delivered.

"For a second it did," Elvis replied, "the vehicle had stopped and the men quickly took breaching procedures. They broke into the building itself with timed precision and expertise, they were prior military as well. Even as far as I would guess, probably have served in our beloved Special Operation groups. The way they moved about the building was proof enough of that, but when we descended upon them, their common sense and training kicked in."

"You recognized any of the men?" The Secretary interjected.

"No, sir," Elvis replied, this man knew how to ask questions, "their faces were covered up but like I said, their movements gave up enough of their identity that they knew they would be held for a time or two behind bars. In the blink of an eye, the place went from a quiet suburban neighborhood to the site of the birth of World War 3. It could not be avoided."

"Can you tell us about the previous case you had been working prior to this assignment, Agent Presley?" Damn, Elvis thought to himself, this Secretary is good.

"I was placed in an undercover operation designed to identify, infiltrate, and apprehend a mole within the Agency, sir. This mole had been responsible for countless deaths, extortions, tortures, and for the embezzlement of untold amounts of money. This mole had used her experience and charm to reach out to various Federal Agencies and other government entities to gather information and personnel hoping to make a quick buck." Elvis looked around the room, everyone had collectively held their breath. "After more than a year, I was able to bring in the mole to justice, and through interrogation we were able to find a large amount of connections that lead to D."

"Why do you think that was for, Agent Presley?" Again, the Secretary knew what exact words to use in order to extract the necessary information. Elvis was becoming more impressed.

"D's Family was positioned in a very unique way among the vast criminal empire that they belong to, sir. While most criminal groups carve out a territory that they fiercely defend against all other invaders," Elvis said, "D's Family created a niche for themselves. They held together a steady peace with the other Families by serving as middlemen for any disagreements. Also, by maintaining neutrality during conflicts they provided counsel, training, and more importantly an open network where opposing families could conduct business without need to meet face to face. This meant that D's Family held connections with just about every Family and Cartel."

"It doesn't explain why he would be such a high value asset to a mole of the magnitude that you are describing, Agent Presley." The Chief added, Elvis could still feel the contempt that this man held for him, part of him whished that he would simply stop addressing him and allow the more experienced Secretary to speak.

"When I saw every Family and Cartel," Elvis replied, "I don't just mean in the region. I mean in the world. This is the other reason why its always been so difficult to prosecute any member of D's Family, and why the FBI was drooling when they thought they finally had captured such a high profile target. That's why the mole had been targeting D, and she thought that the best way to get to him would be through me."

"How did you manage to make such a connection, Agent Presley? Why was it not in your reports?" Another great question from the Secretary.

"I did not make the connection until I had taken this assignment, sir." Elvis looked around the room once again, everyone was at the edge of their seat waiting for him to continue his story, "it would be until I ran a background check on an individual within D's organization that I made that connection."

"Who is this individual, Agent Presley?"

...

"You have got to be shitting me!!" Francisco screamed. I knew that his reaction would be explosive; its not every day that you learn that your brother's death was caused by his own wife. "Even coming from you, D, I don't believe it."

"Are you sure about all this, brother?" Cesar looked at me, trying to comfort Francisco while trying to get clarifications from me.

"The P.I was able to finish connecting some dots for me, but I had my suspicions for a while. When I first met her in that laundromat, there was something about the way the men there were engaging her, as if they knew something about her that none of us did. When she came into the house, I had already had the investigator pull as much information about her as possible. She has a sister, did you know that Francisco?"

"Yes," he replied, "but she is dead from what I remember her saying."

"She is actually a former CIA Agent," I continued, "she was just recently taken down by Elvis. That's how he made his own connection, something he indirectly confirmed to me when we had our chat in the gardens. Her sister had put Anais in a position where she would try to infiltrate the Family in order to use our influence to further her own goals. Anais would make the introductions and they would be in business, however they did not count on Angel being honorable in his own way. Whatever happened that led to their falling out caused Anais to take further steps, she had learned about the whole blackmail scheme that the Acosta were trying to pull on us, so she used part of that for her new plan.

"Instead of making a connection with Angel, she would simply look to replace him with someone that could be manipulated. That's where my dear cousin came into the picture. But like I said, his own greed caused her to make for a harder play: reach out to me. For this part, her sister would have to use her connections in order to bring me back, for that she used Elvis. I am sure that he is not at all too happy about that, but again the two sisters miscalculated our Family. Anais could not refuse the invitation into the house, but she would need someone to do the act for her if it ever came to needing to take me out. Which would leave, you again as the only person to take the mantle of Head of the Family, brother.

"Again, they would use the original blackmailing scheme to control you, but they again miscalculated. Their man disappeared, and while I am sure that Elvis may have had something to do with that, I am not entirely too sure as of now. However, Anais learned from her previous mistakes, and if she could not succeed in seducing me, then she would have to move on to more violent means of removal. Do you remember that day you interrupted her, Francisco?"

"I knew she was trying something with you, but she kept denying it by saying how Edith was her sister and she would never do something like that to her..."

"So who was the one that pulled the trigger?" Cesar asked.

"In order for her to feel safe with her plan, she needed a fallback plan, someone that she could control but that held some amount of power of his own," I continued, "she had reached out to Casper long before we brought him in. I figured that with him seeing our operations, he would back out of her plan but her hold over him is impressive. It was he that pulled the trigger that night."

"So we destroy that little gang of his," Francisco said, he needed someplace to divert his anger. "Then we deal with the whore."

"No," I replied, "there is a reason why I had him come into our business matters. They can be of use to us, but not with Casper as their leader. No, we needed someone else to take his stead, and where I initially thought about his younger brother to replace him, there was something that you shared with me about a particular individual that had recently joined their organization. Once we have dealt with Casper, he will have our support. But we don't deal with any of them just yet. There is still some end game there that I am not seeing, I want everything to be exposed out in the open at once, make her watch as her world crumbles around her. Her little plans failing one after the other. Only then will we strike.

"Whatever the endgame is, though, it is happening soon. I sent out CeCe to where our dear cousin has been confined to, between her and Jessica they should be able to protect him should that be one of their intended targets. It is there that the young man will be made the offer to take up after Casper, his brother will certainly understand that because of Casper's betrayal he could not be trusted. He alone will decide his own fate, if he joins us and serves honorably he will go far. If he opposes us in any way, then he will be dealt with immediately."

aka_Mike
aka_Mike
500 Followers