The Zone Ch. 01

Story Info
Love in a post-apocalyptic world.
1.2k words
3.62
15.7k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One: The Ministress of Protection

The Ministress was seated at her desk at the top of a small dais and did not look up when they entered. The first thing that Cayla noticed were the woman's exceptionally long, smooth legs which were bare from ankle to mid-thigh before they disappeared beneath her short, snug pale blue dress. Cayla turned her head, trying not to appear too inquisitive, and looked furtively around the office while she waited.

It was not an overly large office, considering the woman's position, but it did command a breathtaking view of the valley through the western wall. Paned floor to ceiling in immaculately clean glass, the curve of the western wall accounted for a full eighth of the circumference of the Tower. The sparkling white light of a mid afternoon summer sky illuminated the room and gave it's crisp white walls and baby blue carpet a clean, sterile appearance.

The only furnishings in the room were the dais, which was only three meters across at its widest, the desk at which the Ministress sat, and the enormous LCD display which spanned half of the south wall behind Cayla. The Ministress's desk was shaped like a white teardrop that curved around the woman's body and attached itself to the seat behind her in a single piece. The seat itself had a thick cushion, but no armrests. The display was off at the moment, presenting only a dull black screen dimly reflecting the light from the windows. The Ministress, it appeared, was not fond of the wilderness screensavers which were so popular among her contemporaries. Or plants. Or furniture.

The Ministress's attention seemed to be wholly absorbed in the contents of a document that was being displayed on her notebook computer, also pristinely white, and the only object occupying the surface of the desk. From her position at the foot of the dais, Cayla was not able to see what was being displayed, but it seemed to be making the Ministress very slightly annoyed.

Having nowhere else to look, Cayla began to examine the Ministress herself. She was quite beautiful, of course, but in a controlled, stately fashion. Her medium length golden-brown hair was tied back in a tight bun, and her pale face was unostentatiously highlighted in only the lightest touches of makeup. She appeared to be about thirty-five, though it was hard for Cayla to judge ages at eighteen because everyone between thirty and sixty looked to be about the same age. Although the woman was sitting, she looked to be about six feet tall and was in excellent shape, long and lean, like a cheetah or a greyhound. When Cayla looked up from the Ministress's long, toned legs, where her eyes had inevitably gravitated, she was somewhat embarrassed to discover that the woman was looking directly at her. Her pale blue eyes had the cold, crystalline character of stars.

The Ministress turned to the others, smiling, her perfectly white teeth ruler straight.

"Welcome, Ms. Gently," she said, addressing Cayla's mother. "I hope you didn't have any difficulty finding my office."

"No, Ministress. Ms. Lancrey took the liberty of escorting us," her mother replied.

"Yes, I can see that," she said, giving Ms. Lancrey a meaningful look. "To what do I owe this special, personal visit?" she asked.

"I trust you received my request," Cayla's mother said, her tone becoming a trifle stiff. "I sent it a few days ago and I wanted to be certain that it wasn't neglected."

"Yes, of course," the Ministress replied cooly. "I was just about to reply when my assistant informed me of your arrival. These things sometimes take time. They have to go through the right channels and receive the necessary approvals."

"I thought that with my position," Cayla's mother said, stressing the word as if it held great significance, "I might receive a priority assessment. I admit that my request is a little unusual, however, so I thought I'd better come down in person to ensure that my appeal had been made perfectly clear."

"Quite. I notified the Senior Analyst of Reproductive Affairs immediately upon receiving your request, but I'm afraid she's only just gotten back to me now. I meant to contact you about the proceedings but I must have forgotten. An oversight, for sure. You have my apologies."

Ms. Gently did not appear mollified by the Ministress's explanation but passed over it in silence. "What has the Senior Analyst decided?" she asked when the Ministress was not forthcoming with her information.

"She's given you permission, but there's a waver that you'll have to sign. She doesn't want any liability, since it's unorthodox. The legal department has just sent it to my inbox, if you'd care to read it."

Cayla's mother nodded and approached the desk. The Ministress turned the notebook so that she could read it and then turned to face Cayla.

"Do you understand what's about to happen?" she asked, leaning forward, resting her elbows on her knees and smiling good-naturedly at Cayla.

"Yes, ma'am. The procedure has been explained to me. And we learn about it at school."

The Ministress nodded approvingly. "Are you ready?"

Cayla's mother glared at the Ministress but resumed her reading without raising any objections to the question.

"I think so," Cayla said, "I mean, yes, I'm sure that I am." The Ministress had no idea just how unbelievably ready she really was. Though to be honest, Cayla's own feelings on the subject were mixed, a heady mingling of dread and anticipation.

"Good. What about you, Alana? Any feelings?" she turned to Ms. Lancrey, who had so far remained silent.

"It's standard procedure, Ministress. Aside from the girl's age. I don't foresee any problems. I've added two women to the detail, just to be on the safe side. She'll be the safest woman ever to enter the Zone."

"Good. Then that's good enough for me. Let me know when you're ready to insert and I'll see the girl off myself."

"That's hardly necessary," Cayla's mother protested, not being allowed to see the girl off herself and apparently peeved that the Ministress would interfere so pointedly by attending instead.

"It's the least I can do for such an esteemed young lady," she said, smiling almost convincingly at Cayla. "As it happens I have the day off and I'd be happy to drop by and offer my support."

Cayla's mother turned the notebook around to face the Ministress. "I've completed the forms," she said cooly. "If you would be kind enough to authorize them with your signature."

"Of course," she said, twisting in her seat so that her legs parted and Cayla was given a tantalizing glimpse of her panties. She signed the screen with her fingertip and turned back to the party.

"Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend to. Ms. Gently, we'll meet again on Wednesday at the Summit. Hopefully by then, your little girl will be a real woman." The Ministress turned and smiled at her, giving her a conspiratorial wink. "Take good care of our little kitten, Alana. It wouldn't do to lose the Head of Personal Affair's daughter in the Zone, now would it?"

Ms. Lancrey bowed stiffly. "She's in good hands, ma'am."

The Ministress nodded and Cayla, her mother, and Chief Sargess Lancrey left the office.

To be continued....