Their Forbidden Love Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Before you, I thought life was perfect and then Jonathan hurt me." I looked up at him again. "You, you came to my rescue. You defended me. You showed me how special I am."

He brushed my hair off my shoulder. "It's only because you are special." He lifted my chin a little and kissed me. At that moment I didn't care about the prom as much as I thought. Being with him in that moment made me want to be with him forever. "Come on, let's get your car before your mom gets home." He kissed my forehead and walked me to the passenger side door.

* * * *

I knew by the letter that Jonathan was determined to prove that he messed up, that he really loved me and wanted to start over. At least he was before seeing me at the ice cream shop. I still couldn't believe he just walked right by us. Well, I really couldn't blame him since I was talking to Ethan.

I sighed looking at the single red rose and how he said he wanted to meet me that night to talk. I had no idea as to what I was going to do. I stared at the letter, studying every word and I couldn't help but to want to believe him. Part of me still wanted things to be like before. I wanted to pretend that revenge on Ethan wasn't the only reason we were together. But I couldn't pretend and revenge was his motive. And after all, I had Darrel to think about. I wondered if things would be as complicated if Darrel wasn't in the picture. After leaving Darrel, I felt even more confused. I knew he wanted to be with me, but when he talked about not being able to have a real relationship had me thinking. I couldn't stop the wheels from spinning in my head. I wanted to stop thinking about it. I wanted to stop second guessing everything.

"Oh, Darrel," I breathed, dropping the rose in my lap.

He was perfect in every way. Yes, he was perfect except for one thing. He wasn't really mine to have. He was my teacher and he made it obvious our relationship-whatever we were to call it-had to remain a secret. How was I supposed to deal with that? I picked up the rose and touched the soft petals, rubbing my fingers gently against them.

"What am I going to do?" I whispered, thinking about Darrel.

I looked at my door when it opened. "Carmen you have a visitor." Mom stood in the doorway with a questionable expression on her face.

"A visitor?" Damn, Jonathan. I felt my heart race, still unsure of what to tell him. "Jonathan?"

She shook her head, leaning against the frame of the door. "Um, Mr. Atkins," she said almost questioning if she had the name right.

I sprung to my feet wondering what he was doing here. "Darr..." I closed my eyes hoping she didn't catch my slip up. "Um, Mr. Atkins?" I cleared my throat and looked down at what I was wearing. I had been so focused on Jonathan and his note I hadn't even changed my clothes.

"Atkins? Why does that sound familiar? Wait, isn't that Jonathan's last name?"

I let out a deep sigh once she reminded me that Darrel was Jonathan's brother. "Yeah, Mr. Atkins is Jonathan's older brother," I whispered.

"That must be awkward."

"You have no idea just how awkward," I murmured.

"Yeah. Is everything okay in school?"

I bit my bottom lip and shrugged my shoulders. "As far as I know it is."

"Well, he's out in the living room."

I nodded my head and she left. I could hear them talking as I stood in the open door. "What is he doing here?" I started feeling nervous and could feel my palms start to sweat. I wiped my hands on the back of my skirt and slowly made my way to the living room. I stood there silent when he looked at me and smiled, standing to greet me. I looked between him and my mother with a thick feeling of fear. What is he doing? I wondered, not sure if I should run and apologize.

"Mr. Atkins was just telling me how wonderful you're doing in class, but not before I told him how stupid his brother is. He agreed naturally," she grinned. "You never told me you were top of your class," grinned my mother. I faked a smile because it was news to me. If anything I had the worst grades, but I wasn't going to argue.

"Um, I didn't want to brag." I held my hands behind my back to hide they were shaking.

"Well, I was just telling your mother about the trip to New York next week."

I kept my fake smile as he slowly approached me. "Trip?"

"Yes, you remember the trip for selective students that worked very hard all semester," he said, winking at me.

"Oh, yeah that trip. I almost forgot." What is he doing? I wondered as he talked to my mother, telling her about a bogus trip.

"...and it's just for the weekend so it won't interfere with her other classes," he grinned, showing his big pearly whites. I looked at my mother as she contemplated, tapping her foot as she leaned against the back of the sofa. I held my breath and I think he held his too as she stared at us. He turned to me and smiled. "Your daughter is extremely amazing and she will greatly benefit from this opportunity." The way he looked at me made my heart melt.

"Well..." my mother paused, slowly bringing a smile across her face. "I think going to New York will be good for her."

Oh thank god, I thought, feeling my lungs start to work again.

"That's great. I'll make the arrangements. We'll leave next Friday."

"Should I take her to the airport?"

"No need." He looked at me and then at my mother again. "Well, the flight leaves Friday afternoon."

"So I won't see her until when?" she asked, looking at me, crossing her arms.

"Um, Sunday night. I know it's a little long, but don't worry. She'll be in good hands."

"How many students are going?"

Oh no, I thought, feeling my hands start to tremble.

"Not that many," he answered. "Since I'm Carmen's last class I'll be taking her straight to the airport and we'll meet the other students there."

"Do you really want to go?" asked my mother.

"Of course, Mom," I grinned, still feeling my hands tremble. God, it worked, I thought, still doubting it. But it was no wonder she agreed. If there were any subject she would okay a trip out of state it would be for writing. "Thanks, Mom," I cheered, running to her, wrapping my arms around her when she nodded her head.

"You're welcome, honey. Make sure you stay out of trouble, okay?"

"I promise." I let her go and looked at Darrel. I still didn't know what he had planned, but it had to be something good.

"Oh, look at the time," my mom said, looking at Darrel. "Mr. Atkins would you like to stay for dinner?"

Darrel looked at me then my mother and smiled. "I would love to, but I should get this trip set."

"I'll walk you out," I grinned, trying to keep my smile to a minimum to avoid any suspicion.

"It was a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Lawson," he grinned as we walked to the door. She smiled and went to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I asked while he opened his car door.

He smiled and took my hand in his. "I was thinking about not being able to go to prom together."

"I told you not to worry about the prom."

"I know, but since we can't go to prom together I thought about the next best thing. I know it's not the prom and I know you won't get that time back, but—"

"I don't care about that, Darrel. Are you really taking me to New York?"

"Of course," he grinned. "It will be just you and me all weekend and we'll be able to do whatever we want."

I couldn't believe it. I wanted so much to kiss him, wrap my arms around him.

"I want you to know how serious I am about you." He put his hand on my cheek. "You know that, right?" I smiled and nodded my head before he kissed me. "One day we'll be able to do this without looking behind our backs," he said, looking at the house out the corner of his eye.

"I can't wait," I grinned, putting my thumbs in the opening of his pant pockets. "I don't think I could wait till tomorrow to be with you." I didn't want to wait until New York. I wanted to be with him right there and then. I pressed my body against his, feeling him hard already. "God, Darrel." With the memory of the last time still fresh in my head and the exciting news about our trip, I wanted nothing more than to have him.

"Man, Carmen. You should go back inside before your mom become suspicious." He cupped his large hands around my face, looking down at me. "You make it very hard to resist you." I touched his hand still on my face wanting to feel his lips on mine again.

"I can't believe it, New York," I beamed, full of excitement.

"I'm glad I helped make you happy. I'll see you tomorrow," he whispered, taking my hand in his. He looked over his shoulder and at the house before kissing me briefly. I stepped back and let him get in his car. I went back inside when he left. I looked at my mom while smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm so proud of you, honey," she grinned, hugging me. It almost made me feel bad the entire trip was a lie, but if she was happy that's all that mattered. I wasn't about to ruin that for her. "After dinner we can pack your stuff." She let me go still smiling. "My little writer. You have to let me see your work."

I rubbed the back of my neck, thinking about the scribbled circles and the word outline in my notebook. "Not till I'm finished," I grinned, walking backwards to the hall.

"Okay, okay. I'll call you when dinner's ready."

I went to my room thinking about all the things I wanted to do when we got to New York.

12