There Must Be a Mistake Ch. 04

Story Info
A Scientist inherits his neice.
21.9k words
4.8
75.3k
72

Part 4 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/19/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: All persons used in this novel are fictitious. Although the areas used in this novel are real, the streets, buildings, roadways, recreational areas, and other points of interest used to make this interesting reading for you, are neither at the exact heights, or in the location described. If you are looking for a great deal of explicit sexual activity, this is not the story for you. As I have it notated now, those scenes will be evocative rather than aggressive. They also will be a few and far between. This is going to be a "SHORT STORY, for your reading pleasure," with no more than "FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS." With the exclusion of certain scenes, this story could easily have a fit into the category of "NON-EROTIC" as easily as it will fit into a Novel or Novella. Again, please remember, 'THIS IS A NOVEL.'

Chapter Four

10. PARTY TIME

I opened the front door and pulled at Rosalynn in. "Thank God you're early. She's locked herself in her room; and won't talk to me. I can hear her crying, but I don't know why. Help her, please."

Rosalynn shook her head at me. "MEN, you are all idiots."

She walked upstairs and knocked softly on Delicious' door. "Delicious its Roz honey let me in please."

Seconds later the door opened, Delicious peered out to make sure Roz was alone. She let her in, and locked the door behind her.

"My goodness you look awful."

"Thanks Roz, I needed that right now."

"Would you rather I lie to you and tell you that you look beautiful?"

"No, I guess not."

"What is going on?"

"I have no idea what to do tonight. I don't know what to wear. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to act. I don't know anything. I am not prepared for this, and I am scared to death."

Roz laughed as Delicious cried.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"Do you think you are the first girl to go through this? Every teenage girl goes through a first date. This cannot even be considered a date. You are not leaving your home; you have friends around you, what can possibly happen?"

"What do I wear? What if he comes in the suit and I am jeans and a T-shirt?"

"The girl is never ready on time. She is always a few minutes late. The reason is they never know what the boy is wearing. On your bed you have an assortment of clothes: a summer dress, dress slacks and a dressy blouse, and jeans and a sporty shirt. Your hair is done. Your makeup is on. How long would it take you to get dressed?"

"It's good to know that women cheat like my Uncle Even."

"It's not cheating, it's being smart. If you leave your room messy, you can't bring him up here, can you?"

"Oh, I see, you're killing two birds with one stone. You get dressed properly, and prevent sex at the same time. That is very cute Rosalynn, very cute indeed."

"A girl friend of mine told me that one, while I was teaching. I thought it was cute also."

"Will you help me pick out some clothes please?"

"Are you sure you don't want Rod to do it?"

"I think Rod picking out my clothes for tonight would be the only grounds for my uncle to fire him."

"I wish I had a picture of you in that thing they called a miniskirt."

"If you don't tell the men, I'll tell you a secret."

"This ought to be very interesting, go ahead."

"My mom made that skirt so short she had to sew in a pair of black bikini panties to cover me."

"How could you walk around like that?"

"My mother gave me the confidence to do it, and I did. No boy dare came in me, because of my attitude. If I could walk around in public like that without fear, they knew to stay away."

"I guess knocking the coach on his ass didn't hurt your reputation either?"

"No it didn't. The coach was an idiot. He thought I was going to come for his body, like one of his football players. I took a five-step running start, jumped and scissor locked his head between my thighs. He was so surprised he went over like a ton of bricks. I sat on his face for a couple of seconds and asked him if I was going to get a B."

"So what was your problem again?"

"Dammit, you tricked me. I hate it when that happens. Thank you very much Roz, you still have to help me pick out clothes."

Five minutes later Roz went downstairs and told me that the emergency situation had been rectified and Delicious was fine.

*********

The buzzer at the front gate announced our special guest's arrival. I allowed him in through the gates, and Roz watched as he got out of his car. As soon as she got a good look at what he was wearing she disappeared up the stairs.

I opened the front door and welcomed Duncan to my home. I introduced him to Rod, but not the children who were tearing apart family room. I told him Delicious would be down in a moment. I offered him a drink and he asked for Coke.

Roz joined us a moment later, and after she was introduced Delicious walked slowly down the stairs and into the kitchen to join us. She walked over to me and grabbed onto my arm.

"You remember my niece Delicious don't you Duncan?"

"A blind man would remember her sir."

Delicious was embarrassed and blushed scarlet red.

She replied, "Thank you Duncan that was very kind of you. You are quite handsome yourself."

"Thank you Miss Delicious, would you like to go for walk outside, or sit in the living room and talk."

"I think I'd like to go for a walk, if that's okay with you Uncle Even?"

"Certainly, you kids go have fun."

As they closed the door, and walked down the steps I looked at Rosalynn and asked, "What did you do to my niece?"

"All I did was talk to her, distract her from her fears for a few moments as you told me her mother used to do, and then I asked her, 'What was your problem again?"

I laughed. "Rosalynn you are terrible. You have a mind like a steel trap, but just like me you've tricked her."

"It's funny, but she said the same thing."

"Great minds think alike."

********

"Duncan let me get this off my shoulders before we start talking. My father was an abusive parent. If it were not from my mothers' interference and protection, I would have been raped and abused from the time I was 12 or 13. I was raised to be a bitch, so much so that no boy at school would dare come near me for fear of what would happen to him. This is my first attempt to be nice with a boy. You saw the way I handled myself when my uncle tried to set this up. Please don't take offense if I jump at something you say or the way you say it."

"I didn't tell your uncle this, but we have something in common. You lost your family nearly 9 weeks ago. I lost my family, because of a drunk driver, nearly 7 months ago....

They walked around the property for nearly 2 hours and I was getting ready to go out and search for them when I spotted them walking back.

Rosalynn whispered in my ear, "If you check the back of her dress, I will shove a broom stick up your ass."

"I would never do that Rosalynn. I have more faith in her than that. I'm going to check her knees." (I should have ducked faster.)

Duncan walked in the door first, holding it open for Delicious.

Delicious said, "I hope you weren't worried about us. We were behind the Hot Springs talking, and lost track of time."

I said, "No, I'm glad you two had a chance to talk. Would you like something to drink and a piece of cake?"

Duncan said, "No Even, I have to leave now. I have a long-haul trip starting tomorrow morning, and I have to get some rest. It was nice meeting you all, especially you Miss Delicious."

He took her in his arms and smothered her with a passionate kiss, which took my breath away. I wasn't sure if I was ready to kill him, her, or myself for putting them together.

When they were finished, he said, "Good night baby."

Looking at Delicious face she seemed breathless. Finally, she touched his arm and said, "Night."

Once he was out the door she cheerfully said, "I think I'll have some cake now."

The three of us looked at her as if she was a two-headed monster.

Rosalynn ran after her and grabbed her by the neck. "Talk, right now Missy. What happened out there?"

"Nothing much, but he's a really nice guy. He's very intelligent, loves cars, and trucks. He has been screwing around since he's 15. He's very experienced, and a great kisser."

Rosalynn got right in her face and asked, "How far did you let him get on the first date?"

"Roz, as far as I'm concerned he hit a home run."

"Thank God she's on the pill."

"What are you talking about Roz?"

"You said he hit a home run. That means you had sex."

"We did not have sex. Uncle Even I didn't go down on him, so you can stop looking at me that way. All we did was talk. We planned the kiss to drive you bug-eyed. He does not want me to have sex until a lot later in life. He said I have a lot of other things to do in life that are more important to learn than that."

I said, "I like that boy, I like that boy a lot. When are you seeing him again?"

"I'm not seeing him again. He likes me too much, and the temptations would be too great for us. He told me to continue with my studies and in four or five years if I am still single and he is still single, then maybe we can get together."

"I like that boy; the more you talk to me about him the more I like him."

"A word of warning Uncle Even; if you do that to me again I will castrate you with Rod watching, and then I'll really hurt you."

Rod asked, "Can I borrow your balls when she is done with them?"

I said, "What good would they be to you? All four of them would be useless."

He replied, "Yes, but just think of the game of pocket pool I could play with four of them."

Roz was behind him, and Rod should have known better; and ducked sooner.

11. OFF TO AUSTIN

"Uncle Even, as we pass through Denver we have to stop and do some shopping."

"Why, what do you need?"

"I just looked at the computer. The average temperature for the next month in Austin is going to be 98 degrees. I need some bikinis."

"You will wear bikinis over my dead body."

"I can arrange that if you want."

"Are you starting with me already Delicious?"

"I didn't realize I had stopped Uncle Even."

"You can buy your swimsuits in Idaho Springs."

"They never have my size. I will either have to buy something that is too small for me, and I will stick out everywhere, or too big for me and it will fall off me. Which would you prefer Even?"

"I would prefer having your head on a pike. It would cause me fewer problems."

"Uncle Even when did I become a problem? Was it before I solved your Freolyte problem? Was it before I became your super-efficient secretary, or was it before I made your life fun?"

"Delicious if you read the Constitution of the United States it says you are entitled to 'Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness.' Nowhere in the Constitution does it say life has to be fun."

"Are you going to be moping all day today?"

"I mope every time I have to leave my home."

"Okay, I'm sorry, I will tough it out by myself. I will drive down to Austin and go through the testing alone; afraid, and alone. I know I can do it. I'm sure I can do it. I have my own checkbook, thanks to you, and I will be just fine. You can stay home behind your barbed wire, and concrete posts, while the world passes you by. I will be back in one month if they let me. I will go pack my car now."

"When did you become Jewish?"

"I didn't realize I had."

"That was the best Jewish guilt speech I've ever heard. Rosalynn uses those on Rod every now and again when he leaves her alone too long with the children. They are very effective."

"Uncle Even if you want to stay here it is fine with me. I have to break out of my shell somehow, and sometime. It may as well be now."

"I will be ready to go in an hour."

"Why, what will take you so long?"

"I have to shovel the bullshit out of the laboratory."

"That will be $10 in the pretzel jar please."

"You cheated."

"I learned from the very best cheater, Uncle Even."

"It doesn't matter. You will never get your two weeks' salary back from inside the pretzel jar, or the $100 bill from underneath it."

"I will hate you forever for doing that to me. However, I don't embarrass myself or you with my language when we are out in public anymore."

"I guess you can say the lesson was painful in your pocketbook, but it worked?"

"Yes uncle it definitely worked. Are you ready to leave now?"

"I've been ready to leave for an hour and a half. I've been waiting for you."

"Why didn't you say something?"

"When did you finish packing your last item?"

"Don't you start with me Even; I will make this next 1000 miles hell on you."

"In that case, thank goodness it is only 998 miles."

"I still have to buy bikinis."

"I'm sure they sell them in Austin."

"You are not going to make it 998 miles with that kind of attitude."

"The first 250 miles we will do Applied Astrophysics. The second 250 miles we will discuss String Theory. The third we will work on the Helmholtz Equation. In between each segment we will stop to eat, rest, and poop."

Delicious looked at me with her mouth open.

"You mean you're finally going to let me get into the hard stuff?"

"The hard stuff; this stuff is all basic science; where have you been?"

I picked up two suitcases feeling her eyes burning into the back of my neck. As I cleared the front door, I started running for my car.

"You cock sucking son of a bitch. I'm going to shove your prick down your throat and pull it of your ass."

I yelled, "That will be $30 into the pretzel jar please."

She went into the house, returned with the pretzel jar, and threw it at me. It hit my leg, and I yelled in pain.

She laughed. "It was worth every penny of the $30."

I picked up the jar and walked towards her. "A good spanking will be worth it also."

Delicious' eyes open wide, and she took a few steps backwards. "You wouldn't dare. I'm 17 years old. 17-year-olds don't get spanked."

I smiled evilly at her. "There is always a first time." She ran into the house screaming.

I yelled up towards her room, "You won't do that again will you?"

"I promise not to do that again Uncle Even, as long as you don't spank me."

"Get down here now, I have to set the alarms, because we are leaving now."

It was very funny watching her leave the house. She walked down the stairs never exposing her backside to me. She kept it along the wall as she shimmied past the front door, and ran for the car making sure I was not running after her.

I set the passive and the active aural alarms. I called the police and verified that the alarm was active with them, and locked the front door. As we drove through both gates I deactivated their mechanisms so they would not work until I put in the appropriate codes, and we were off on her 1000-mile trip to Austin Texas.

Motor mouth started. "Did you remember to bring the map printouts?"

"Yes I did Delicious."

"Did you change the oil in the engine?"

"Why would I change the oil, when the car has 400 miles on it?"

"Oh, that's right. Did you fill it with gas?"

"No, not yet, I will do that before we get onto the toll road. What is the number of the toll road Delicious?"

"We get on E 470S for 27.5 miles Even."

"Why do I need maps to get to Austin when I have you in the car, and a GPS system?"

"Because mom always used paper maps to get from the east side of town to the west side of town?"

"Was your father always in the car when she did that?"

"Uncle Even, you are so smart. She was playing as dumb as she was making me play. It aggravated Julius no end that she had to look at a map to get him to a ballgame or someplace else he had to be. She used to tell him to drive there, and she would find her way home. He would be livid by the time she got him to where he was supposed to be. It would take us an hour to get him there, and 10 minutes to get home."

I laughed hard. "That is why I loved your mother. She was evil to the core if she didn't like you, but if she loved you, she would give you the shirt off her back."

"Uncle Even it would leave her only in her bra!"

"Niece Delicious, that assumes she was wearing a bra."

"PERVERT!"

"In the 1970s and 1980s, women used to burn their bras. How do you know your mother was not one of those people who continued that tradition? When I met you, there was no bra in evidence."

"You know I had a reason for not wearing a bra."

"Were you wearing panties?"

"Yes, God damn you Even, you tricked me again. I was going to keep that secret until the day I died. Well, I told Rosalynn that mom sewed panties into that miniskirt because she made it so short everything showed."

"Young woman, for that piece of information, I am not going to charge you $10 for the cookie jar. I am going to post it on YouTube and hoped that Rod sees it. He will hold it over your head for your lifetime."

"Go ahead Uncle Even, I will tell him you are lying. Then he will have a choice of believing you or me. He will be in a quandary forever. He will ask you what color they were; and you will not know. Not even Rosalynn knows the color of the panties, so she will not be able to tell you one way or the other. You will all be guessing."

"Can we use logic here for one moment please?"

"Go ahead; I can't wait to hear some of your scientific mumbo-jumbo."

"Using the scientific method, it is easy to deduce the following: You were wearing a black mesh see-through midriff blouse. A black thing we will call a mini miniskirt, Black Thigh-high stockings, with holes in them, Black tennis socks, and what used to be white sneakers. Taking all these things together, any idiot would know that your panties were sewn into your mini miniskirt to protect your privates, and that they were black. How did I do Niece Delicious?"

I didn't have to take my eyes off the road to know that on this test I scored 100%. The temperature in the car rose 20 degrees and there was not a sound coming from the other front seat. We were five miles from Denver when I pulled into a service station to fill up the tank. She ran out of the car and into the store, and I did not follow her. I did my thing with high-test gasoline, and pulled the car in front of the store. She came out with two bags of goodies and put them in the back seat.

She came to my side of the car, and said, "I am driving."

I replied, "It is okay with me as long as you don't want to learn anything for the first 250 miles. You are so angry; I wouldn't trust you on a tricycle."

"God dammit, when are you going to give me a break Even?"

"That will cost you $10, and I was about to give you an introductory level course in Applied Astrophysics. At MIT that course would cost you $5000. If that's not a break, I don't know what one is. Now are you getting into the car, acting like an adult, and going to Austin with me, or are we going back home so you can act like a child?"

"Can I ask you a question before I make that decision?"

"This is your life we are talking about Delicious. You have to decide what is best for you."

"Do you think I'm ready for this Uncle Even?"

"Delicious in all my years I have never met anyone as smart as you, and I know a lot of brilliant people. The problem is what happened to you between ages 12 through 16. Your body grew. Your mother protected you from evil, and tutored you because she knew inside was a brilliant young woman. In school you had to act like a dummy, and be defiant. Then you lost the person that held you together, and wound up with me instead. I am doing the best that I can, but I am not a very good replacement for Divine. She was the glue that kept the two parts of you working as one. I believe you are ready for this challenge. I believe in my heart that you are going to blow these people's minds apart. They are going to have to set new scales because of you. I may not be in the room with you, but I will be so close I can be with you in seconds. They will not take you away from me. I promise you this on my life. I have friends all around this country that can bring this government to its knees if they try to keep you away from me. All I have to do is make one phone call. She can shut down the entire government with the stroke of a computer key."