There Must Be A Mistake Ch. 29

Story Info
Scientist inherits his niece.
33.2k words
4.83
32.4k
21

Part 29 of the 34 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/19/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: All persons in this novel are fictitious. If you are looking for a great deal of explicit sexual activity, this story is not for you. Those scenes that are included will be evocative rather than just for the sake of sex itself. This story is for your reading pleasure. Its length is undetermined at this time, because I do not know where my mind will take me along the way. I hope you will stay with me during this journey until it reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Chapter 29

138. No Room To Run To, No Place To Go

Zoey was running down the hallway towards their suite laughing, with Payne hot, on her heels, throwing hard candy at her. Payne knew it was a mistake, but how could you say no to a 17-year-old girl having a glass of wine, when a child, at least five years younger than she is, was drinking champagne at the next table.

At least she was smart enough to limit Zoey the two glasses during dinner. Otherwise, she would have been crawling on the ceiling, making a bigger fool out of herself than she was already.

The agent at the door said, "Miss Zoey, while you were gone there was a delivery for you. I told him to put it anywhere, because I didn't know where you would want it."

"That's fine Joshua, thank you very much."

He opened the door for her, but there were no lights on. She stumbled into the room looking for a switch.

Joshua put a hand out stopping Payne from going into the room.

"What's up Joshua?"

"I just don't want you to lose your hearing."

Zoey finally found the light switch, and turned on all the lights in the room. A split second later, there was an ear-splitting shriek.

"You can go in now ma'am."

"Mom, Gordon sent me flowers."

"No Zoey, Gordon sent you a flower shop. Look at all those flowers, they are so beautiful."

"I told you he loves me."

"Did you have any doubts about it?"

"I didn't, but I think you and dad did."

"Your father and I knew you two were a match the first day you met. If there was any doubting going on, it was between your ears."

"I never doubted he loved me, I was just afraid that I would be hurt."

"Welcome to the adult world honey. People get hurt every minute of every day."

"We got lucky, because daddy inherited money?"

"Yes we did. You also have to remember, neither of our parents were poor.

My dad is a lawyer, and was doing very well before your dad came into my life.

Your uncle Steve has become a very good and successful lawyer, because of some very hard work on his part.

Your father's father is an engineer. He had his own company before daddy inherited his money.

I told you yesterday your father is the smartest man I have ever known. If you look purely at the genetics, we were destined to be a very smart family. If you apply yourself, you can do anything you want to do."

"Did you talk to Gordon?"

"I talked to him the day we left, but you were always with him. Why do you ask?"

"I got the same lecture from him."

"I love that boy."

"You can't have him, he's mine."

"Just in case you haven't noticed, I've been taken for a long time."

"I thought you might be looking for a boy toy."

"I'd have to go a long way to find him."

"That's true."

"How is your head?"

"My head is fine, I just felt like acting silly."

"I don't know if I should murder you or not. It was a very convincing act."

"What are we doing tomorrow?"

"We are going shopping."

"I can only take one suitcase mom."

"That's the reason we are going shopping. I am buying you the most delicate undergarments and nightwear you have ever seen. They weigh nearly nothing and take up no space in your suitcase. The same will go for your skirts, sundresses, and blouses. The only things that will take up room will be your tennis shoes. Everything else will be flats, or flip-flops. I don't believe you'll need high heels for any occasion, except if you meet the Vulcan high priestess.

"You're getting their mom that was another attempt at a joke."

"Zoie what would you do if I asked you to stay? I just got you back, and now you're leaving for good. It just doesn't seem fair."

"That's why you've been telling me I could change my mind, until they closed the door."

"Yes it was. I know how you feel, because it happened to me. Your father wanted me to go away with him for a year, before we started college. He wanted us to see things we would never be able to see again once life tied us down. He made a marvelous itinerary. It was something a girl could only dream of as part of her life. My mother took it away from me, when she said 'NO.'

Dycke gave me my life back, and my mother said 'NO.' He was crushed. I was told I was going to Duke in no uncertain terms. Our engagement was broken off. Your father was leaving right after my graduation ceremony. It was our fathers who saved the day. They told our mother's Dycke and I were going to get married in August, whether they liked it or not. If they didn't like it, they could spend the summer in Vail Colorado. If they wanted to participate, they had to get their heads out of their asses, and start acting like human beings."

"Now I guess it's my turn. I love the person you've become, and I know Gordon has great deal to do with it. If I didn't have so many commitments here, I would give up my life to go with you, just to see what you grow up to be."

"Did you set up my Skype account mom? I have to talk to Gordon. I can't do this alone. What's the sense of getting married, if I am never going to be with him?"

*****************

Gordon was at home reviving himself after the bouts with Monty and the three agents she handpicked to embarrass him.

Monte started by playing with him.

Gordon stopped in a corner and said, "Listen Tubby, I can out run, and out tumble you for the next hour, and you will never lay a hand on me. Do you want to play with me, or do you want to beat the shit out of me. Which is it? Let's fight, and get this over with"

"Gordon, you are going to hurt him in places you never knew you had."

"Prove it, or retire to your ranch."

A deathly quiet came over the basement. Even the icemaker knew not to make a sound.

"Liz put 30 minutes on the timer. Then, the three of you go upstairs. I don't want you to see this.

"I want them to see this. I don't want them to say a word, especially the words stop, or don't, but I want them to know I didn't quit."

"Have it your way Gordon. Start the timer."

Monty approached him quickly, and just as quickly, Gordon jumped, and hit her with both feet in her upper abdomen, knocking Monte back, and down. Gordon knew better than to follow this advantage up. Monte was neither hurt or winded. She was just surprised by the swiftness of the kick.

She rolled up immediately and smiled at him. "Very cute little turd. I must remember that for the next time."

"You can't jump that high."

"Just keep thinking that way, when my thighs are crushing your neck."

Monty approached him more obliquely this time, tempting him to go to her right, instead of her left. Knowing how he thought he would do the exact opposite. He would try for the short side, and she would trap him as he tried to go by her.

Gordon fainted towards the wide side just as Monty expected him to do. She shifted her weight on her feet and was ready to pounce once he made his next move. His next move was not to the short side, it was directly at her. He jumped on her back, and wrapped his arms around her neck.

Monty recovered instantly. She grabbed his right leg so he couldn't escape. She jumped into the air and fell on him.

"Did you enjoy that little turd?"

"You think you hit me? I'm sorry, but my body is not as big as yours is. You missed by half. Would you like to try it again?"

"As long as I'm holding your leg, I might as well."

As Monty stood up, holding his right leg as a trophy, he moved his left leg around her head. If she tried to slam his body down now, nothing would hit. She couldn't even figure out where his head was, so she decided to work on the right leg. She started at the ankle, and got a pleasing response.

"Shit that hurts. You never taught me that one."

"I haven't finished your training yet."

"You know I will have to get even with you for that."

"You bastard not my ear rings."

"Monty you are running out of time. Either beat the shit out of me or stop playing around."

"I was trying to make you feel good about your effort."

"Fuck my effort, fight so I know what I'm up against."

"Okay, no more Miss nice girl."

Monty applied pressure to two pressure points besides his right knee. Gordon screamed as if he had been hit by an electric shock. His leg went numb, and Monty threw his body to the ground.

Gordon tried to stand on one leg, but the flurry of kicks and punches that came from Monty were too much. He decided that being on the floor was a better bet, and as the feeling in his right leg returned, he was able to defend himself to some degree.

Monty was a machine, and she knew exactly where to aim to draw out the most pain.

Gordon realized as he was taking his punishment that his upper body was not the most important part of his body to take into a fight. He needed his lower body just as much. His right leg was made immobile for 90 seconds, and during that time, he had absorbed so much punishment he was not able to respond offensively any further during the match.

Then he heard church chimes ringing. They had to be the bells from the church of the Immaculate Conception in Denver, where Delicious and Gray were married. They were so loud he turned to listen to them. It was only the timer signaling 30 minutes was up.

It was such a wonderful sound. He curled up on the mat, put his hands under his head, and closed his eyes.

***************

Someone kicked him in the ass.

"Go away. It's my dream, so you can't be here."

"Ladies, He needs something cold and refreshing. Something like headfirst into an ice bath?"

"Let's do it before Monty gets back. She might stop us."

"I knew this was a dream. I was floating on a magic carpet. I was flying away. I could see my home, and the road that went by it. My mom and dad were waving at me from the front portico. I waved back, as I started descending to join them. Waving, smiling, and descending to my parents arms. Suddenly, I was drowning in freezing water. Something was holding me. I couldn't find my arms. Ice, it was more ice than water. I knew that because I could hear it, I just couldn't feel it. I couldn't understand how I found myself under ice. There were no lakes on my mom's property; what the hell was going on?"

"Get him out from under there you idiots, you'll drown him."

"Air, I could breathe, I couldn't see anything, but I could breathe. What the hell was going on? I know what it is, I'm still dreaming."

A small tarp was lifted over my head, and Monty looked at me.

"Are you all right Gordon?"

"What are you doing in my dream?"

She smacked me hard.

"Do you feel pain while you're dreaming?"

"I never have before. I guess I'm awake."

"Where were you when they put you into the ice bath headfirst?"

"I was in Fairbanks looking down at my house."

"No wonder you didn't panic, you weren't here. These three tried to kill you, and you were 3000 miles away. Very ingenious Gordon, that was very ingenious indeed."

"Why would they try to kill me?"

"Liz do you want to answer that question?"

"We let him rest for 30 minutes, as you said. When the time came to wake him up, he wouldn't. We decided this would be a wonderful way to wake him up."

"Did he scare the shit out of you when he didn't struggle?"

"We knew he was still alive, because he had a pulse at his ankle. When that stopped, we were going to pull him out."

"Thank you Liz, I really do want to go out of this world, but I would prefer to do it in the spaceship."

"Who said you are going to live past the next 30 minutes?"

"A man can only wish, can't he?"

"Don't wish Gordon, pray. Start the timer, and I will show pretty boy what happens when he goes up against someone who is as quick as he is."

It wasn't a fair fight. Gordon could barely move, because of the punishment Monty inflicted upon him. Liz was like one of those little lemurs from Madagascar that leap in every direction, and from tree to tree without fear. After 10 minutes of attempting to make a fight out of it, Gordon rethought his options. He would play defense only from this point on, and let her expend all her energy trying to get to him. If an opening occurred, he would take it, but it would have to be a clear opening, with an immediate return to defense.

It took Liz a few minutes to figure out what he was doing, and she set up a brutal attack at his legs.

Gordon countered by moving into the corner of the ring, limiting the areas from which she could come at him. Each time she threw a kick, he knocked it aside with his arms.

As Liz fainted towards his legs, and her kick went towards his head, Gordon used his arms to knock her legs up, and Liz wound up doing a cartwheel.

Liz asked, "How much time left Monty?"

"Two minutes."

"Say good night Gordon, I finished playing."

"I didn't know you were playing, I thought that was the best you had?"

"Say good night Gordon."

"Okay, good night Gordon. Are you happy now?"

"Yes, I am very happy."

Liz took a spot six feet from Gordon, took two quick steps forward, and jumped with her left foot leading towards his center. Gordon's arms pushed it away just prior to it making contact with his chest. What he didn't have an answer for was her right foot making contact with his jaw. He went out like a light.

When he woke up he asked, "Do I still have all my teeth?"

"I'm sorry to say yes you do."

"I saw the foot coming, but I used both arms to push your left foot away. I believe that might have been a mistake."

"How early did you see my foot coming?"

"Your knee started to uncurl."

"If you saw it that early you still had time to defeat it. You could have turned into it, which would've taken all the power out of the kick, or dropped to the floor. A matter of half an inch or so and the blow would not have been as severe. There are always options, even if someone is going to shoot at you, there are always options."

**************************

After his rest period was over, Cathy, one of Jeff's newest graduates was up.

Monty said, "If you make me look bad against her, you may as well die. She will tell Jeff, and the whole compound will hear about it. It will make me a laughingstock. You really don't want to know what will happen to you if that happens do you."

"I'll handle it Monty."

"Cathy, where would you like me to lie down?"

Monty screamed, "Gordon, you will not have legs to climb the stairs."

"Cathy, would you like me on my front or on my back?"

"Cathy, whether he's on his front, or on his back, when the clock starts, for the next 30 minutes, beat the shit out of him."

"Yes Ma'am."

Begin.

Gordon laid down in the center of the ring, with his eyes closed, arms outstretched to his sides, and feet together. Seemingly, he was at peace with the world, and himself.

Cathy approached, cautiously, from behind his head, taking nothing for granted. She watched him closely; he did not open his eyes, he breathed evenly, and he did not move a muscle. From several feet behind him, she leapt into the air, taking aim at his chest, and abdomen.

Gordon felt the movement of the mat, down, and then up, as she lifted herself into the air. He turned swiftly onto his left side. It took him less than half a second for him to do this, and just prior to Cathy touching the mat coming down; he launched himself back, hitting her calves, with his shoulder and back.

The blow knocked her awkwardly to the ground. He rolled on top of her, pulling her left arm behind her back, and up, until she screamed in pain. He put his right arm around her neck, and squeezed gently.

"Submit."

"Yes."

"How are you legs?

"I'm not sure about my left ankle."

"May I take a look at it?"

"Yes, thank you."

"Hey you, unhand that woman, your taken."

"I was just going to check her ankle. She said it hurts."

"Men, they start at the ankle, and you never know how high they will go before they stop. Rest Gordon, I'll take a look at her ankle."

"You're not going to congratulate me for a job well done?"

"I'm supposed to congratulate you for something you're supposed to do?"

"Forget I said anything."

************************

Barbara was last on the list, and after what she saw Gordon do to Cathy, she was determined not to let him fool her into anything. It didn't help her.

Gordon's body had recovered enough from the initial beating by Monty, and the defensive work against Liz, that he was now able to bring his full repertoire online against Barbara. He didn't know how long it would last, but as long as it did, he was going to bring it on.

"Begin."

Gordon tackled her legs and brought her to the mat. He moved away, and did it three more times in a row. Barbara was looking for another tackle, when he hit her in the head with his right foot knocking her to the floor. He also felt a twinge in his right knee. He decided to use the left foot from that point forward.

Barbara hit him with a straight right, which he hadn't expected, but it came with the possibility of it happening again.

Apparently, she saw him wince in pain when he hit her with his right leg. She began focusing her attack on it. He decided two could play that game.

When Barbara attacked his right knee, or leg, he kicked her on the right side of her head using his left leg. When she did it again, and so did he. After a while, she got the message. Apparently, his left leg was hurting her head much more than her left leg was hurting his right knee.

The bout was going his way, at the halfway point, and he began pressing his advantage.

Barbara was totally on the defense, until his right knee buckled, and he backed away.

Monty yelled, "Are you injured?"

"No, it was just a twinge from the first match."

Barbara thought otherwise, and decided to attack that knee with a vengeance.

She kicked at it, tackled it, and punched it surreptitiously, when he was down.

Barbara said, "Your ass is mine."

Gordon didn't respond. He went into defensive mode protecting his right leg. Barbara was nowhere near the competitor Liz was, and couldn't get to that leg at all. He began faking that the knee was buckling trying to draw Barbara in for the kill.

She was getting careless, but he was not moving out of his corner. He needed her to move inside the five-foot mark, and then she would be in for an ice bath.

She came in with another flurry, which he defended with his left hand only, using his right hand to support his right leg. He used his hand to drag his right leg forward to bring it underneath him for balance.

Barbara slapped her sparring gloves together.

"Say good night Gordon."

"I said good night to a better person and fighter tonight. I will never say it to you."

"In that case, I'll say wakee-wakee, when I pour ice and water on your face."

"You can do it whenever it happens."

He knew exactly what she was going to do. She watched him do it to Monty, and Liz do a variation of it to him, while he was trapped in a corner. It was the perfect weapon for this situation.

But as Liz said, "There are always options" and this one had the law of physics on his side. He loved physics, and when Barbara hit the ground, dust would fly six feet high."

Barbara started running at him from nearly 12 feet away. Gordon turned square to her, giving her a larger, more inviting target, as she leapt into the air. He swiveled on his left foot and bent his knees as low to the ground as was possible. He waited for her feet to become even with his body, and sprung up into the air with all the strength in his body.

123456...9