They Walk Among Us Ch. 08

Story Info
Can the young werewolf overcome the odds?
12k words
4.86
29.2k
30

Part 8 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/14/2022
Created 04/12/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

A heart felt thank you to Dawn, Misty and Cathy for your help throughout this story. There was no way to do this story without your guidance and help, and it has been an honor knowing you. Also a great big thank you to Amber and Sarah for the great idea on the battle scene, you two are awesome. Ok get ready people, it gets bumpy from here and please keep your hands and feet inside the car at all times. Enjoy the ride.

*

Bob Holiday sat in a chair across from Neal Hawkins desk. He knew his CO was concerned about loosing even more men, but he also knew they had to get the Intel officer.

"Trying to capture this guy alive is really starting to piss me off Holiday. Do you have any leads on who's helping this -- Martina Duval?" Hawkins asked.

"No, not, yet but I have our guys working around the clock on her. You still haven't said what you want to do about Dawson and Dvorska. It's only a matter of time before one of their kill squads get up there," Bob said.

"I don't really have a choice here. Take two guys from Charlie and report to the flight line, you leave in thirty minutes," Hawkins said and then looked down at the photos of Predjama castle.

**********

Adam assembled the M14 with the starlight scope and slammed the magazine home while Kevin finished getting dressed. When he finished chambering a round, he looked at Kevin.

"So did Kordic tell you where Pete was being held?" Adam asked.

"Not in so many words, he said it was funny because of where we are. Think about it Adam, he's a werewolf and what would be a great spot to hide out in if you were a werewolf?" Kevin replied.

"You've got to be kidding me. All this time he's been..." Adam said with amazement.

"You got it L-tee, right beneath our feet in the caves. He's been using the outside entrance with the wolf head around it as a hideout," Kevin told his astonished teammate.

"Shit, that explains the footprints you found on the way up the cliff the other night," Adam added.

"Yeah, Kordic must have changed after killing Bravo and carried Pete down to the cave," Kevin added.

Just then Kristine walked in with her own 9mm handgun and looked at the two Seals eagerly.

"Are you two ready to go yet?" Kristine asked.

"Yeah, but you're not going. The only thing you're going to do is get in that sedan out there and head for the Seal Compound in Aviano," Adam told her.

"Please Adam, there has to be something I can do to help you get your friend back," she begged.

"Yeah, get the hell out of here, that'll help a lot," Dawson shot back.

"Actually Kristine there is a way you can help. Go get the Lycanthrope Medallion and give it to me," Kevin said.

"The what?" she asked.

"The amulet downstairs, it's really called the Lycanthrope Medallion. It's been passed down for generations in my family and when it's worn next to the skin, it will strengthen all my senses and abilities. I might just have a chance against him," Kevin said.

"You mean all this time you knew what it was and you didn't tell us," Kristine said sternly.

"Come on Kristine, what did you want me to say? By the way Adam, this is a werewolf medallion and we use it to get stronger so we can kill humans. Yeah Kristine, that would have went over well," he said with a little laugh.

"Fine, I'll go get it smartass," she said and then walked out of the room.

"By the way Adam, that M14 wouldn't do any good on Kordic after he changes, except to piss him off," Kevin said.

"Probably, but if we go down unarmed he'll realize that I know he's a werewolf, We could loose the edge we need. We have to keep him off balance for you to have a chance to kill him," Adam told him.

"You have a point. Are you ready to go L-tee?" Kevin said as he grabbed the discarded MP5.

"Let's head down and get your medallion, then we can," Adam said as he turned to leave the room.

When the two of them made it to the lower study, they found Kristine heading out with the ancient relic. After handing it to Kevin, she looked at the man who just hours ago, had given her the strongest orgasms she ever experienced.

"Please be careful Adam, I don't want..." Kristine said as she started to tear up.

"Hey, who was it that said no strings," Adam reminded her.

Kristine grabbed him tightly and buried her face in his powerful chest.

"Um -- you two need a moment, or a maybe a room?" Kevin asked.

Kristine began to whimper softly as the thought of him being ripped to pieces flashed through her mind.

"Hey Kristine, don't worry, I'll bring him back. You have my word as a Seal that I will," Kevin told her as he tried to calm her down.

She released him and looked at Kevin with wet eyes. "You better Kevin or your great, great grandfather Baldomr will be pissed," she said.

"Come on Kristine, get off the ghost stories," Adam said as he walked to the front door.

"Not to take her side Adam, but thirty minutes ago you didn't believe in werewolves either," Kevin said with a laugh.

**********

Bob Holiday and the rest of Alpha fire team stowed their gear and chambered rounds in their respective weapons. He surveyed the area for signs of any danger and looked at his team.

"Carl, take point, Doc you're on the rear guard, V-man, take the left," he told them quietly.

The team didn't have to acknowledge him as they all turned and got into position. The six Navy Seals headed off into the night on their way to Predjama castle. There was no way any of them were going to loose any more teammates in this shit hole.

**********

Adam and Kevin peered down the long dark corridor. It was an eerie sight.

"You got anything Dvorska," Adam asked.

"Just a faint hint Boss, I could get more if I changed," Kevin said as he shined the flashlight against the walls.

"That wouldn't be a good idea, stick with the game plan. Now lead on my little werewolf friend," Adam replied quietly.

The two Navy Seals descended deeper into the dark cave as they raised their weapons to a firing position. About a hundred yards ahead of them they came to a split in the cave and Adam shined his light down each tunnel.

"Which way is it, Kev?" Adam asked.

"It's this way Boss, I can smell some blood down there," he replied.

"Makes it pretty easy with that nose of yours," Adam told him.

"That, and the fact that a power line is running along the wall going that way," Kevin said as he shined his light down.

"That helps too," Adam said, feeling a little stupid.

They continued down the tunnel for another hundred yards until they noticed that some light was coming from ahead of them. Adam raised his starlight scope up to his eye and peered through it.

"You got anything L-tee," Kevin said.

"No, it looks like maybe a room of some sort, but that's all I can see. Are you sure Kordic is going to be there? For all we know he's up at the castle with Kristine, if she hasn't left yet," Adam asked.

"He's up ahead of us, and he's somewhere close. That room is probably where he's keeping Pete," Kevin replied.

The two Seals walked slowly and carefully towards the room. If Adam had a shot before Kordic changed he was going to take it and hopefully end this quickly. As they entered the room they found Pete. He was unconscious and tied to a chair. Adam could make out two cables taped to his chest.

'That explains the power surges in the castle, electric torture,' Adam thought to himself.

Kevin scanned the room also and found that the oddly shaped room with its rough walls had another opening at the back. It turned quickly to the right and probably led to the other entrance in the castle, or somewhere else farther to the surface.

"Kevin, get Pete and let's get the fuck out of here," Adam whispered.

"I wish I could Boss, but look under his chair," Kevin replied.

Adam looked and saw that some sort of explosive device was placed on the bottom of Pete's chair. Adam wasn't expecting this sudden twist and considered his options quickly, as he was running out of time to escape without a fight.

"See what you can do about disarming it, we need to get out of here -- soon," Adam said.

Kevin Dvorska took a few steps towards Peter Newman, and then he knew this was all just a setup.

"That would not be my first choice of action Mr. Dvorska," Viljem Kordic said as he emerged from the other entrance.

Adam quickly swung his weapon towards the threat and was prepared to fire, when he noticed the push button dead man trigger in his hand.

"That would not be a wise choice either Mr. Dawson. Given the size of this room, it is very unlikely you would survive. I am quite disappointed in you Kevin. I was really hoping that we could settle this as gentlemen, so to speak," Kordic said.

"Sorry to let you down dick head, he wouldn't let me go alone," Kevin told him as he moved back away from Pete.

"I don't think you tried hard enough, it seems you hold little value on his life. Tell me, did you at least get that lovely specimen of a woman to leave?" Kordic asked.

"Yes, she's gone, and no matter what happens to us you'll never get your hands on her," Kevin said with a hint of anger.

"Pity, I was so looking forward to meeting her. Now Mr. Dawson, if you would be so kind as to throw your weapon over here, I think we can get started, you too Kevin," Kordic said with a smile.

"You're pretty well mannered for a sick fucking monster," Adam said as he tossed the M14 over.

"I think monster is such a vulgar term for people like us. Don't you agree Kevin?" he said.

"Usually yes, but I can make an exception in your case Kordic," Kevin replied as he joined his MP5 with Dawson's weapon.

"I'll make you a deal Kordic. Let Mr. Dawson take Pete out and I'll stay and take his place. They have nothing to do with this," Kevin said.

"I gave you that chance already. It would appear that you are not as capable as I had hoped for. So no, their deaths will be on your hands Kevin, at least for a short while longer," he told him.

"Mr. Dawson, has Kevin ever told you what he is," Kordic asked as he put the dead man switch down on the ground.

"Yeah, he's a United States Navy Seal," Adam said.

"No Mr. Dawson that's his job. He's actually..." Kordic said but was cut off by Kevin.

"Kordic don't, it's me you want not them," he said quickly.

"My dear Kevin, manners are everything. It is very rude to interrupt your elders when they are speaking," Viljem said.

"Don't do it, please," Kevin said pleadingly.

"Kevin, werewolves do not beg. It's so beneath us," he replied.

"What?" Adam asked.

"Werewolves Mr. Dawson, that's what Kevin and I are. A very rare breed of humans that are above you," Kordic replied.

"Damn Kordic, I was wrong when I said you were a monster. You're actually insane, like off the crazy chart insane," Adam replied with a laugh.

"As much as I would love to have a philosophical discussion with you Mr. Dawson, I have waited long enough for my revenge. Goodbye Mr. Dvorska, please give my regards to your parents," Kordic told him.

Suddenly Viljem Kordic changed into a very large black beast that stared angrily at Adam Dawson. What he didn't expect was for him to move over to Kevin and look back at him.

"Wow that was -- just -- fucking -- amazing! Really, you should team up with the Circus with that trick, bravo," Adam exclaimed as he began to clap.

"Hey Kev, is this the part where I'm supposed to be frozen with fear, and trembling for my life," Adam asked.

"Um -- I guess, but I wouldn't start yet, maybe there's more," Kevin said.

The large black werewolf roared loudly and drool dropped from his large mouth.

"See, I told you there was more L-tee," Kevin said with a smile.

The now confused Viljem Kordic stared at the two men who were laughing at him. He didn't know why Adam Dawson wasn't running for the tunnel in utter fear.

"Sorry to bust your bubble there buddy, Kev let me in on your secret," he said.

"I must say Mr. Kordic; I am quite disappointed in your appearance. I was hoping for so much more. Yes, quite disappointed indeed," Adam said in a mocking voice.

Suddenly Kevin changed and now a large brown werewolf stared down the evil monster.

"I tell you what Kordic; I got five bucks on my point man here. I just wish Pete was awake to see this. Oh by the way, when Kevin rips your fucking throat out, I'm gonna collect the bounty on your balls. I would say if you don't mind, but you'll be history anyway -- so who really cares," Adam told him.

Kordic's anger grew inside him as the pathetic human laughed at him. With a powerful lunge that surprised even Adam, he leapt towards him with lightning speed. Kevin was closer so he had the advantage and slammed his body into the attacking werewolf.

Kordic was slammed against the wall and Adam could hear the air rush out of the bruised werewolf. Seeing his chance, Adam ran over to where the M14 was lying on the ground. Kevin moved over where he was between Kordic and Dawson and waited for the next attack.

"Looks like my bet's going to pay out Kordic, Kevin's pretty fast too. Must be all that Seal training he got. What do you think?" Adam asked mockingly.

Kordic growled in disapproval and shook violently as his anger grew inside him.

"Oh poor guy, you're all upset. How about a nice dog bone, or maybe a game of fetch?" he said.

Kordic once again launched his massive body at him but Kevin blocked him in mid-flight. As the two wolves clawed and nipped at each other, Adam raised the M14 and looked for a clear shot but Kevin was in the way. Suddenly Kevin howled in pain as Kordic finally got his teeth into Kevin's shoulder.

Seeing an opportunity, Kordic jammed his claws into Kevin's side and threw him across the room. When he hit the wall, Kevin let out a low moan of pain. Adam knew he had to act quickly and fired a three round burst into Kordic's muscular chest. Kordic growled at the Seal, and even though it hurt, he was unaffected in his ability to fight.

Kevin knew his teammate was in a bad position so he got up and lunged at Kordic. Kevin was too slow as the wolf quickly turned and hit him with a powerful slash of his razor sharp claw. Kevin couldn't help it, as he slammed against the other wall of the cave and slumped to the ground.

Kordic now turned his anger on the lone Navy Seal, Adam Dawson. He lunged at him with a fury for disrespecting his true self. As he crashed into Dawson, he lost the grip on his M14 and landed hard against the rocky cave floor.

Viljem Kordic had one large paw on the Seals chest, making it hard for Adam to catch his breath. Kevin saw that he was about to go in for the kill, and even with his broken ribs, he was able to let out a growl at Kordic.

He ignored the pathetic young werewolf and was about to rip Adam Dawson's throat out, when he heard the load roar from the other end of the room. Kordic quickly turned and saw a massive black werewolf standing just off to the side of the room's entrance.

Kordic was confused at the sudden appearance of the new werewolf, but he knew he had to deal with the new threat first before killing the two seals. He quickly moved to the center of the room and roared loudly at the other wolf. To his credit, he just stared back with piercing eyes.

**********

Fire team Alpha gathered outside the entrance of Predjama castle. When Bob Holiday checked the door, he found it was unlocked. He nodded at his team and then quickly entered the foyer, sweeping left and right for any threats. As the team followed him, they broke up into groups and separated. Everyone reported clear except for Carl and Doc who had entered the lower study.

"Down on the ground -- now!" Carl screamed at the woman who was looking on in amazement at the two darkly clothed men.

Bob Holiday rushed in and stared at the frightened woman, as he pointed his MP5 directly at her head.

"Name -- now!" he said in a rough voice.

"Kristine, Kristine Duka, I'm the curator. Trust me I'm on your side," she said in a trembling voice.

"Where are they Lady?" Bob asked.

"They went into the cave outside. That's where he has your friend Pete. They went to rescue him."

"Who has Pete?" Carl asked her as he lowered his M14 so it was pointed at her chest.

"Viljem Kordic. Please, you must believe me. You have to get down there now and help them," she pleaded with them.

"Johnson, Barber, secure her and watch the front for any visitors. If anyone one else shows up, take them out," he told the two Seals from Charlie.

"Where's this cave?" Bob asked as he stared down the sights of his weapon.

"Out the door, about seventy five yards to the left, hurry," Kristine said with a cracked voice.

"Carl, find it. Everyone else on me," Holiday told his team as they exited the castle.

**********

Kevin looked over at the other werewolf and thought about how he was going to be able to fight off two of them in the condition he was in. He silently said his apologies to his ancestors for being so weak, and hoped that at least his father would understand what happened.

Kordic lunged at the intruder with all his might as the larger black werewolf did the same. When Kordic opened his powerful jaws and prepared to sink his teeth into the wolf's flesh he was suddenly surrounded in a black mist. Being momentarily confused, he passed through the mist and slammed head first into the cave wall.

Kevin looked on in bewilderment as the black mist hovered in the center of the room. Suddenly a face began to emerge from the darkness, a face that he had seen countless times in the mirror.

Baldomr Purgstall looked down at his great, great grandson and smiled. It was neither a smile of hello or joy; it was the smile of admiration, a smile that a parent would give a child after completing high school or even college.

"What in the..." Adam Dawson mumbled as he stared at the face in the mist.

Kordic shook his head, trying to get his vision clear again. When he turned to attack the other wolf, he saw that the mist had dissipated and he was once again alone with Dvorska and his teammates. He could feel the blood slowly soaking his fur from the gash on his head but he was determined to carry on and kill the two Seals, along with their friend.

As Kordic passed Kevin he looked at the injured wolf and instantly head butted him in his broken ribs. Kevin howled in pain and weakly swung a claw at him, it landed harmlessly against his shoulder.

He turned to look at Dawson who was trying to move away from the entrance. Suddenly a light brown werewolf appeared from the now vacant tunnel entrance. This smaller one seemed feistier as it clawed the cave floor. When it roared at him, Kordic knew he had a fight on his hands with this one.

Just before he went after the new threat, he felt three bullets pierce the side of his body. Once again he growled at the displeasure. The brown werewolf took a step forward and showed its large teeth to Kordic. This time Viljem Kordic took a different approach and charged full speed at the small brown werewolf.

Strangely enough, it stood its ground and waited for the attack. The last few feet, Kordic opened his powerful arms and grabbed the brown wolf, but he was surprised once again as he tried to grab onto the mist that took its place. He slammed into the wall hard and felt his shoulder crack under the immense force.

Kevin looked on as the battle ensued, and Kordic was once again injured by his own actions. As the brown mist danced around, another face emerged to gaze lovingly at him.

'Grandma Marta,' he thought to himself.

The face then turned to look at Adam Dawson, who was leaning up against the cave wall. Adam could only stare in disbelief as she nodded, and then vanished into the brown mist.

Viljem Kordic slowly walked out of the entrance with a noticeable limp and tried to focus on Adam Dawson, but blood had now run down one of his eyes. As he moved towards him, he saw Kevin gingerly get up and face him. He was in no shape to take him on, so Kordic ignored him. He could stand there and watch, as his friend was torn to pieces.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers