All Comments on 'Think For Yourself'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 207 Comments (Page 2)
xtchrxtchrabout 9 years ago
Very Thoughtful!

Wow, did this story make me think. I don't know about a husband fighting for his wife. If he has to fight to stop her from cheating, he already lost. The wife has to fight for the marriage and not go out with a man hunting for some strange. What she did was wrong on so many levels. What would have happened if the husband didn't set up the night with mom, sister and daughter? We'll never know. Will she be smarter next time? A marriage is a two party agreement. They both have to fight to make the marriage work...but not fight to keep the other from cheating. Thanks.

fifteen16fifteen16about 9 years ago
Just a Story

But it does raise the issue of what is and what is not appropriate in a marriage. In this story we have a mature woman who unless she is dumb or plain stupid is aware of the motive behind the extra attention being paid to her by another. Assuming she is not stupid then she must be aware, had she admitted to hubby that she was aware but was just having a bit of fun with this man and letting him make a fool of himself, all well and good. To defend him and tell her husband he is just being jealous and then agree to meet him without telling her husband means that the marriage is already finished. If any of us feel the need to keep something secret from our other half it's self explanatory, it's wrong. In fact I will be spending a few days in Granada with a married woman, my wife, it's our wedding anniversary

rightbankrightbankabout 9 years ago
another HDK story in which the predator walks away with no consequences

sure, there are the discussions among the family members about "what if".

and the spouse just happens to intervene "just in time".

the whole family rallies around the cheating wife to remind her of how wonderful she has her perfect life with hubby! .

and

without trust,

assurance it won't happen next time a smooth talking man chats her up

or remorse

life goes on as if the naïve wife has learned her life lesson and will never again succumb to temptation

not

the pattern is becoming tiresome

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Not finished

Someone said the predator got away with no punishment but how do we know that? Obviously the husband was willing to at least work on saving the marriage but the means and the results are left to our imagination. Likewise what happened to the bad guy in this story is left to our imagination. Given how the husband went after him I rather doubt that he would just let him get away with what he had done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I've been married for 37 years

And at about our 10 year mark, my wife came to me and said she had a problem. Working as a waitress at a local diner, she had two guys giving her a hard time, telling her about all the things they would do to her and for her. She was absolutely livid and when she told them they had better knock it off or she'd tell her husband, they laughed.

The next day they weren't laughing. I took the day off and sat in her restaurant. She seated the two guys in the booth behind me so I could hear anything they said. Well, she did and then they did. The things they said to her were vile. They would like her separately and together, they wanted her to be the filling of a sandwich. That was the nice things.

I'm 5'11" and 240lbs of logger. And when I slid into the booth next to the biggest mouth, I was raging inside but relatively cool on the outside. My wife smiled, introduced me as her husband and excused herself to return to work. The guy across from me started to slide and get out, but I told him he'd better stick around.

Well, I let them know exactly how it was going to be. They would leave and never talk to my wife again, nor return to the restaurant. If they saw my wife in a store, they were to turn around and go the other way. If she mentioned to me she even saw them looking in her direction, I was going to take it very personally. I explained I neither wanted to see them dead nor did I want to spend the rest of my life in jail.

Then I got up and mentioned it was time for them to leave and when they did, they had better say their last words to my wife. "We're sorry". I'm happy to say they did, nor did they ever come back. My wife was pleased and amply rewarded me after we put the kids to bed that evening!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Now THAT was funny.

I loved the fact that family was so important to all the women, except Becky. They all rode to the rescue of their Daughter, sister and Mother without hesitation. Whether or not she deserved that rescue was harder to tell. And why did Tom get away with no consequences? That was a problem. Perhaps a few more paragraphs about what happened. I really would have liked to hear the conversations between Becky's parents when her Mother told her Father what was happening and what she was going to do about it. Or the sister's and daughters talks with their husbands. Would have been interesting.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 8 years ago
Now see, it's all about timing and perspective...

My wife and I know this woman... Recently, my wife has told me this woman is flirting with me... Now, I don't see it... I'm not saying she's wrong, per se, because I've always been kind of obtuse about women (even my wife) and the woman would have to practically be licking her lips at me or trying to rub up against me (before I met my wife, the ACTUAL way I finally managed to figure out one woman I knew was "flirting" with me) for me TO notice.

But the point being... though I still can't tell, I now look at all of her interactions with me a bit from my wife's perspective. I now ask myself, "is she flirting...?" And I hope I don't give her any indication she can get anywhere.

Granted, I DON'T ask her if she is or tell her not to... because I STILL find it hard to believe that she might be (and don't want to embarrass both of us if she's not or force my wife to kill her if she is)...

Now Becky...? She definitely fumbled the ball on THAT one... ESPECIALLY if she already KNOWS Tom is flirting and likely serious in his intentions.

And working from that same instance of knowing... if she knew BEFORE going on this "date" what Tom's intent was...? She should NEVER have gone on it.

And for me, though she swears she'd have never given Tom what he was after, what she DIDN'T do, is explain WHY, if she knew what the "plan" was, did she GO on this "date"...?

sugnasugnaover 8 years ago
The Score

He told her about the interloper's intentions. She did not respect his opinion. Yet when the interloper called and asked her out on a date, she still didn't believe her husband? She knew that going out to dinner with another man would upset and hurt her husband if he found out, yet she made a date for dinner in a HOTEL restaurant? WTF! Bullshit she wasn't going to cheat! The circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. I wouldn't have gone to all the trouble of setting up the multiple dates, I would have just asked everyone (including his wife) to meet me there for a surprise party for my wife. Once I was there, I would serve her with divorce papers. If anyone in my family took her side, I would thank them for letting me know where they stood and how they felt about me and that while I would remember their betrayal along with my wife's betrayal, at least they were being honest about it. Once you have been married, once you have had a kid and raised the kid to adulthood, what is the point of being married? The only reason to stay married is if it enhances your ability to survive and to thrive. A disrespectful, cheating spouse, that you cannot trust does not help you in any way. In fact they are often bad for your emotional, physical and financial health. If you find yourself in that situation, it is best if you untangle yourself from such a person and build a new life.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
I'm Still Suspicious

“Have you done something that has made him not trust you?" – No, and she doesn’t(?) intend to start now! And just why would a married friend want/need to go out to dinner with a woman without his wife, who is ALSO friendly with the woman?

"There's no reason for him to find out, Becky.” – If it’s all SO innocent, why the secrecy?

“Becky was dressed to the nines and looked beautiful.” – If it’s just a casual dinner between two friends, why is she dressed to the nines?

As someone else said, doesn't she see how Tom's actions SUPPORT her husband's accusations that she's been pooh-poohing?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Closet cuckolds out in force!

Desperate to believe the wife cheated (and thereby fulfill their fantasy), these closet cases invent stuff into the story, and then plug in an emotional outburst (because these cucks can't comprehend the protagonist's intellectual response).

sinstalkersinstalkerabout 8 years ago
Ridiculous...

If he loved her so much and thought the world of her as most author's try to portray in their writing. He would have just nipped it in the bud while on the phone, or had a talk with her once she hung up saying he knew and was on the phone listening told her if she kept up or actually went anywhere alone with Tom he would seek a divorce. Men, hell no one plays games with things that are as important as the author portrays his feelings towards his wife.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 8 years ago
Very nice

A man love his wife and takes steps. Sometimes it's hard to see when you're being hit on by an expert. Not at all hard to see for your partner. You told it beautifully. Thanks.

dissmissdissmissabout 8 years ago
it's a Mars and Venus thing

Men and women have a different view of the world.

She saw no harm in dinner because she doesn't fancy him. She won't see it as cheating because they are in the circle of friends who entertain together etc.

In her view it's innocent, harmless and if he got a little flirty she can control it.

However, if she came across her husband in the same circumstance, she would see things in a very different light.

Venus and Mars ......

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
Re-Reading

Why does it take her family doing EXACTLY what she is doing for her to see that what she is doing is wrong?

And to repeat/follow-up on my earlier comments:

If it's so innocent why is she dressed so hot, and why can't she tell her husband about it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Mars and Venus

Mars and Venus my ass! Anyone with a handful of brain cells knows what's up In situations like this, being a female doesn't mean that you'd be on board for this load of claptrap! If you're doing something with someone else (i.e. breakfast, lunch, dnner, coffe, a snack or a f-ing ice-cream) and you keep it a secret from your spouse, you're dead wrong! If it's in secret and/or something that you couldn't do in the presence of your spouse, you are a cheater or on your way to being one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
" Let's dance, Asshole! "

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Yep, Me Too!

Been there, done that. It all works out in the end, thank gawd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
PEOPLES IT'S ONLY A STORY

Fuck me. Some people really take a story which is on a web site devoted to eroticism to heart? Bet you are horny after reading the stories. Sit down on your ass smoke your camel stroke your snake this is the promise land! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
fiction it is

But so is the wife's claim of love and devotion. She defended lothario when husband warned her. She enjoyed attention. Waited until husband was out of town, got all sexy for dinner at hotel and was enjoying ttention and flattery. She had already betrayed husband's trust. Would not have been long before she spread legs for lover

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

it is a good story, because it shows how a person can be persuaded into something they shouldn't do. It could have just as easily been the husband that fell for the trick. The story in it's telling leaves out a lot of conversation that would have taken place, if they were actually real, but kept it concise. The Mother knew what she raised, and the Daughter knew her mother too. It worked so well, It's hard to believe he came up with this scenario so quickly.

Good job.

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17over 7 years ago
A Good HDK Story

I have just finished reading several great HDK stories. This one isn't great; but it is still a good story, deserving of 4 stars.

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Good

It is a good example of what can really happen. Both spouses need to remain vigilant and protect their marriage

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 tables?

Seemed a little overboard. Wouldn't just the mother or the daughter been enough? I'm not sure I would have been quite so quick to forgive. Personally I think I would have simple put a bug in Tom's wife's ear. Let the wife keep him in line.

Still a good story and as always, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ anon-fiction it is

Has situation exactly correct

NO SPOUSE should ever go to dinner or out on town with any member of opposite sex-excluding family-

√&√

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
she knew...

And went anyway...that says it all

She told lothario husband would be upset if he knew she went to dinner with him. Her acceptance of date declares her disregard for her husband and her marriage. If nothing was going on why would she worry if people got wrong idea when guy picked her up at her house. Wouldn't the same people also get and confirm the wrong idea when she and ''lover'' sat down for intimate dinner

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Becky's future

Becky obviously likes being pursued...states how embarrassing it is for husband to ward off her seducer. The time will come when another admirer will set his sights on her unbeknownst to her husband...lattes will turn in to lunches then dinners while husband is away. In those future times she will be clever enough to meet in nearby town...eventually the current lesson will be long forgotten and she WILL CHEAT

Sorry but she has already defined her character when she stated she thought her husband was intimidating her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
hehh

Harddaysknight is like positive polar of Just Plain Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* because cuck-boy didnt divorce the whore

once a cheat always a cheat .

hope this whore gives cuck-boy aids .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Jeez

C'mon people, this is witty, funny, and sweet. Learn to enjoy life--that's what this story is about.

somewhatniceguysomewhatniceguyover 6 years ago
cheating has already happened

and fucking is only a minor detail; hero is just a victim of habit, having been used to living with the same woman; too late to look for someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

This is a great story. I disagree that she had “already cheated”. After the “intervention” she admitted she was vain and stubborn but believed she could refuse to have sex with her admirer. Who knows whether she would have or not, but the fact is, she didn’t. Thanks to her husband, her protector. I like the thought mentioned in the story that to love a woman so much is a weakness, an Achilles’ heel. I never thought of it that way but it is a profound fact. I’d give this one 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
What's different?

The frequent social events are one thing, and accepting a weak statement such as "it's common sense that we should have dinner at a hotel while our spouses are away" and going to that dinner dressed to the nines is totally another. It might have made more sense if it was a "chance" meeting. Becky even admitted she knew what Tom wanted, but that's entirely different from how she described his attention at the socials. Those logical gaps threw me. I did like the peer pressure from family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
facts

A wife who defends her admirer when husband expresses his displeasure about lothario pursuing her is a wife enjoying if not actively seeking that attention.

To get ''dressed to the nines'' and meet admirer for dinner at out of the way restaurant while husband is out of town, demonstrates wife is at very least thinking about cheating.

She certainly betrayed husband's trust and definitely sided with her admirer.

All is almost well the HDK way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Late Thought

"I knew what he wanted" - She did? Wasn't she saying that Dave was wrong, that Tom was "just being polite?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Duh

The trust is gone, as he is a cheater. Dump the skank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Clever and original

You took a familiar theme and developed an original solution to the problem. I liked it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
drop her

like a bad habit; she accepted she cheated; sex is a full stop at the end of serenading; despite warning she did this; her ego will surface again, and that time she may have even have an argument justifying her transgressions.

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Misogyny is alive and well on this site

First of all this is a great little story. HDK is original and uses humor as a tool as well as any author here. I only wish he was still actively writing with the same frequency as years ago.

To all my anonymous friends, WTF! Either your sense of reality is way out of whack or you merely dream of a reality that never really was.

Relationships have ups and downs in the real world. I can only guess my wife's response if I were so bold as to "tell" her to do anything. She is an independent woman with her own skills and money. She also has integrity that I trust. But occasionally we all have blinders on and I could foresee a situation where some weasel could get behind those defenses. This short story, however implausible, gives the reader a chance to see the possibility of bringing the issue to a successful conclusion before any damage is done. After all, throwing away 30 years of marriage because my wife went to dinner with a jackass and came to the realization before any real damage was done seems stupid, yes I said stupid.

On to the misogyny. All the bravado and burn the bitch mentality after one, in this case, minor lapse in judgement is degrading to women. I thank god my wife hasn't thrown the baby out with the bath water on the many occasions I have exhibited behavior that do not pass the relationship test (no not sexual, but financial... Usually involving buying before gaining consent and mostly involving my other true love motorcycles). If she can get past that, because at the end of the day we have more than enough money, so no real harm is done, isn't it realistic to expect the same in return? People, men and women, are capable of great and wonderful things as well as destructive and terrible things. It is part of the human condition. Women are no more or less virtuous than men and to expect this is well, stupid.

The comments in these sections by anonymous trolls irritate me because the try to censor the creativity of some of the best authors here, and make them conform to some sensibilities that fit a warped world view. Good authors like Richard Gerald, Harddaysknight and Girlinthemoon that write exceedingly well are downgraded in scoring not because of the skill of the tale, but because they do not meet your world view. So we get more and more poor to mediocre BTB stories to pander to this.

I for one would rather have my social conventions challenged and the possibility of alternate endings than the same take no prisoners bullshit every time. After all, that is more a fantasy than the reality these days.

Thanks for reading my rant. Did I say I liked the story? 5+ stars. Thanks HDK!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Problem with stopping a cunt before she can cheat is

Shes still a cheating cunt because you never will know if she would have stopped herself

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Noway

There is no way his wife's sisters and his daughters husband's would allow them to have an evening out with former boyfriends.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story...

...but a very foolish wife. She needs another chance and she needs to get her head out of her ass fast. I like the solution that the author finds and it sounds like a strangely healthy family. And, yes, a wife who is worthy of trust will be allowed by her husband to participate in this little lesson, although I would expect them to be just a block away waiting for a phone call to come join them for dinner.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great story

Just What I expect.from HDK. Life with Just a touch of humor. None better.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Nice to see

It's nice to see a guy that fights for what is his and not simply let bad things happen then start shooting everyone in sight. While i do have fun reading hardcore BTB stories (hey it's just entertainment) the reality of the world is only an idiot wouldn't try to stop something before it happened. Once actually over the cheating line... meh, i'm not unlikely to pitch in the grenade and frag the whole mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I think her spending a month at her moms would be the least punishment she deserves. Me, it would have been separated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I don't understand

If he had not heard or intervened,, what would have happened? Sex? Rape? Sorry folks but she cheated! Trust is now shot to hell and the relationship forever changed, like it or not. The future I see for them is divorce due to the constant strain of her actions and his dormant mistrust. She will ask for the divorce because of the guilt of him never trusting her again. No happily ever after here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Afraid

I am afraid she got off too lightly,how long before she does it again,he should have penalised the arrogant bitch in some way.Incidently I don't think in real life he could have arranged for the three women to have dinner with some one other than their husbands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The wife is nothing but white trash.

Who would want to be friends with garbage people like that?

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
There's nothing wrong with Becky

She just thinks she is in control. Little does she know that there are men that have women like her for lunch. Luckily her husband loves her enough to point out the error of her ways.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Again

Another master of LW stories with a very good story. A wife with too much confidence in her own abilities. Good thing her husband is looking out for her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
There's An Old Saying

That tends to cover "When a man decides to cuckold another man, he had better be prepared to pay the piper." and it goes something like "If you poke a bear with a sharp stick you better have a plan for the claws" or maybe it was "If you yank the tiger's tail you had better be ready to deal with the teeth." Either way Tom was going to have to be dealt with. I'm not too sure he got enough of a hint yet, it seems to me some teeth, hair and eyeballs are in order. Signed: BTW

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Let's leave all the seduction and her husband's warnings aside. A friend's husband invites you out to dinner when your spouses are out of town, you a) Tell them! and b) Don't go a HOTEL restaurant. "dressed to the nines"!

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

Yup, she 'said' she wasn't going to give the asshole what he wanted, but she had to be thinking about it in her mind's eye or she wouldn't have gone.

Good story. I love the way hubby foiled her. Classic.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
You were kind enough to critique one of my recent stories...

...so let me return the favor.

The three "dates" arrange to have the four tables pulled together. Becky says, "Do you really forgive me, Dave?" He says, "Yes, and I'm really going to give you a spanking when we get home." Dave escorts his wife and the other women back into the restaurant where the eight finally share a meal. She is embarrassed, but relieved. Becky says, "I was such a terrible fool!" Each of the dates say, in turn, "No doubt about it.", "You won't get an argument from me.", "Big time." The three women laugh quietly while Becky looks on in embarrassment, but she reluctantly agrees. There is a lot of healing over dinner. Then the dates return the borrowed wives to their husbands while Becky and Dave go home to an uncomfortable, but fruitful conversation. She never gets the spanking she was promised, but at times when she seems a bit too flirtatious at parties, Dave reminds her that he hasn't forgotten.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 4 years agoAuthor

I hate to be dense, but what are you telling me, Just-Words? I am sure there is some sort of message or objective in your critique. Are you telling me my critiques make no sense? My stories make no sense? I stopped too soon? Are you saying you liked the story? Didn't like the story. Are you giving me my own medicine and I am too dense to get it? I'm easily confused and you have me at a loss. Sorry. Maybe you could explain so I could understand?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
HDN:

It's about healing. The wife has her eyes opened, but then what? She needs forgiveness and acceptance from more than just her husband. If the family sits down together with the men who helped pull off the lesson, there is closure. There is acceptance. Instead of just seeing her foolishness, she is pulled through to the other side of healing. It's the ending I was hoping for when I read your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Nice story and well put together. Fun to read. Glad she didn't crash and burn. I was waiting for him to get accidentally locked in the janitor closet or something until it was too late, but I guess that can be another story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Super Good

You did an excellent job with this story! I think things were abundantly clear when the wife saw her mother, sister and daughter out with men who weren't their husbands exactly what her actions amounted to especially after she gave them a piece of her mind. 5 stars plus. CC

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
spank

i would have at least spank her ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Merely upset?

With a wife that thinks dating another man is okay? I call "bullshit". Throw her ass out and divorce her before she hides what she's doing the next time. How could he ever trust her again?

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Come on man

I was hoping to read about a good ass whipping

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Did the Wife Learn a Lesson?

Did the wife learn a lesson? If so which lesson was that exactly?

That a married woman has no business going on dates with a man that's not her husband.

Or perhaps, a woman should seek affirmation from within for validation instead of constantly seeking to affirm her sexually market value from men other than her husband.

Or perhaps learn to better conceal or hide her extra martial liaisons from her husband and family.

If you want to change the terms of your marriage then renegotiate the terms with your marriage partner. Just know, if you want to date and be involved with other people then your marriage partner is entitled to the same and equal deal. If you both can live with those terms then go for it. Just don't be a cake eater and expect to do what ever you want behind your partners back.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
NOPE!

All that effort and work and all you produced was another pathetic RAAC story!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Quirky that

Also very good, another older one I missed. There's definitely a different vibe with this story and that's worth an extra *. Thanks HDK, enjoyed that.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Again

Great story about a less than bright woman. Well played Dave.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I agree with one of the other anons. Only lessen she learned is that she can get away with it. Now with the grandchild keeping hubby home for good she will reconnect with Tom but be more careful.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

She had already betrayed him. Should have had her served divorce papers at restaurant, in front of her family. She doesn’t keep her word to her husband, he doesn’t have to keep it to them.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

This does remain a favorite of mine, mostly because of the way the family comes together to teach the wife a lesson and open her eyes. It's a very loving story about a badly misguided wife.

anythinganalanythinganalalmost 3 years ago

A fun spin on a tired trope.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Every time I read this, I get caught up in it. In the first half I want to see the cowardly little weasel's scull cracked open like an egg. Then the ending makes me smile. It's so much more constructive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nah. Great set up, terrible ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Almost, but you dropped the ball at the goal line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever idea.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

I bitch about a lot of HDKs stories for various reasons but this one line is so well placed that it deserves to be recognized...

"Chasing my wife means you do want trouble, and you've fucking found it. Let's dance, Asshole!"

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still needed a little payback on Tom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As the husband,i would have told the daughter to STFU,and let me make up my mind without any interference. With regards to the other cheating bitches trying to get the wife to stray,a couple of them would have had some timely "accidents." My point being,you fuck with my marriage, and i'm handing out some pain.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

As a counselor, It's true that we generally see worse in others than we see in ourselves for the very same reason. The story was well written and creative ,I find myself wishing there were more story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story....when will wives learn there is no such thing as lunch and/or dinner with any male other than their husbands or a close family member and even for that last one hub has to know BEFORE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Do you think she doesn't realize he is drawn to her like a moth to the flame, Steve?" asked Mrs. Zimmer. "

And yet, she continued to allow the shithead to pursue her even encouraging him at times instead of telling to fuck off. Husband let her off the hook too easily with instant reconciliation that she didn't have to earn. She only feels ashamed because she got caught entertaining another man by her entire family. The wife obviously like to flirt with men other than her husband and enjoys their attention. I'm not convinced the wife learned anything here except to be more discrete next time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Proactive. Strong. 5 stars.

Knoxhard

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

The forgiveness was way too easy as he has no reason to believe in her. Taking her back with no reason to do so makes this seem closer to being a cuck tale to me than a proactive strong man tale.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Not one of his best, whats the chances of a mother, daughter and granddaughter all booking adjacent tables at a restaurant to cheat on their spouse's, sorry nil percent. Just a stupid thought out story.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

A married person should never secretly be out alone with a member of the opposite sex. Never. And if your spouse warns you of a potential problem, take it seriously.

For Helen: he reserved all the tables and set this up to get through to his wife so it was a well thought out story, wouldn't you agree?

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

A chaste and proper lesson on propreity of action.

All explanations have been made by the story characters and none is left to discuss.

A great drama, though a little incongruous.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A typically excellent yarn from HDK but WTF? Is the MC called Dave or Steve? At one point during his conversation with Mrs Zimmer she addresses him by both names in the same paragraph. I know this mistake is commonly made by the less gifted authors that rock up on this site but to encounter it in a HDK work is deeply disappointing. The pity is that in all other respects this is a superb and well written tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I choose to believe the husband, having invested so much effort and money into resolving this issue, would follow through on his mission with requirements that his wife agree to monitoring of her communications and location for the foreseeable future. In addition, individual therapy to address her narcissism and marital therapy to address her obvious disrespect for her husband would be on the agenda. The other ladies present on her night of infidelity would hopefully be supportive of these measures.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars but only if the author puts in a requirement for a post-nupt agreement. If anything even remotely like what happened here, ever happens again - the perp leaves the marriage with just their personal possessions OR they complete the divorce and choose to live together as a common-law couple with no contract or marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"It was me. I was vain, stubborn, and foolish. "

No shit, I think the author should of also included...shallow, arrogant, hypocritical, entitled and narcissistic.

Becky, like all narcissists are ultimately on a collision course with reality—it is only a matter of time before they make impact and self-destruct.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Nice.

There are quite a few stories by this writer

that I don't like.

This isn't one of them.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Steve or Dave? Dave or Steve? When the writer is too lazy to keep tract of names, how is the reader supposed to?

For that reason, I give a 1 because there is no 0 option.

signed Lou, or Ed, or Bill, or whatever...........

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You know I'm normally one for redemption and reconciliation but not in this case. She knew what she was doing was wrong and did it anyway. She knew what he wanted and went anyway. He had told repeatedly about the guy and she brushed him off. Why? Because she wanted it and was only ashamed because she got caught. I say kick that bitch to the curb before she finds another boyfriend!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionabout 1 year ago

I love intervention stories that work. As John 'Hannibal' Smith always said, "you got to love it when a plan comes together".

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Cunt wanted strange dick. Kick her out

DazzyDDazzyD8 months ago

The song should be, Whom do you love?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What, no “dance” with Lover Boy”? Shame, a little of his fat lip would have been entertaining. 5*.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

I miss your delightful stories from yesteryear! I still enjoy your more recent stories but the older ones had a type of humor that I particularly enjoy.

5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Despite what she said that she knew what he was after but wasn't going to do it (sure we've heard that one a million times from wives that are then caught with their lover's cum running down their thighs when they're surprised in the hotel room later that evening), you know that she would have went through with it if none of that scene had been setup and the husband hadn't been aware. Of course if caught or guilt tripped her up later she would say it was just a drunken mistake, it was just sex, it didn't mean anything, the usual garbage.

That being said, we can't live based on what-ifs or we'd never get anywhere. She should be on probation for a good while to rebuild the damaged trust and they should seek counseling so they can understand why she was ignorant/dismissive of her husband's warnings when they both knew what was up and why she felt the need to have dinner when she knew what the guy was after. Otherwise the issue isn't really solved and there's a risk it can happen again.

Anyway, I definitely prefer this kind of outcome over any with cheating where they've fucked other people.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of your best ones. You do have it in you.............

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...