Thoroughly Loving Nina Ch. 07

Story Info
Vic is nominated to impregnate a childless wife.
6.2k words
4.63
38.5k
8

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 10/06/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

THE STORY SO FAR: Twice divorced, unemployed computer technician Victor Haig is searching for a real soul mate when he rescues Nina Raymond from two louts who either mistook her for a hooker or an easy opportunity. The previous night Nina was thrown out of home by her mentally unbalanced and recently widowed father. Nina (20) admits to 37-year old Vic she’s sexually inexperienced. He learns the young woman has been abused sexually by the few men in her life including her father. They leave town, taking to the road in Nina’s SUV with no destination in mind. They work on a dude guest ranch and a year later help the proprietor rebuild his computer and video business. After three months they head east into real cattle land and look for a run-down ranch to buy to build it up. Nina reveals she’s the daughter of an heiress and inherited her mother’s wealth. Although pleased she is wealthy Vic decides it’s best they don’t overspend as he wishes to pay his way to end up being in 50-50 partnership with Nina. They purchase a run-down privately owned ranch of 63,800 acres and their adventures continue while waiting to ‘hand-over’ day of the property.


* * *


Vic and Vic Nina turned into the Levett’s horse ranch in the new pick-up. Vic preferred it over the SUV and Nina didn’t mind – a vehicle being a vehicle to her although she seemed to prefer the intimacy of the pick-up despite its aggressive-looking exterior.

Vic’s preference wasn’t based on the look of the vehicle, its V8 power for pulling a load or its versatility. No, it gave him the feeling of being a rancher although he knew he wasn’t one – not yet. He accepted he had some ways to go for that hat to fit, so to speak.

Nina had stopped saying, “You look so happy driving this vehicle” but he guessed she still thought it as whenever they started off in it he’d be aware of her looking at him, smiling softly. God she was a great kid, he thought; fancy liking him.

He had this thinking time because Nina was dozing. Why she was tired was anyone’s guess – his guess was mental fatigue: thinking about the wedding and life ever-after. Oh, and shopping. He found shopping a bore rather than fatiguing. Well my girl, once out on the ranch you’ll have to toughen up or hide indoors.

Vic was glad they would be spending the weekend with the Levett's as he wanted to build a trusting relationship with Shaun and to have Shaun to supervise all building at the ranch which Nina was insisted be called Haig Ranch. That was fine with him because when they walked on to the property as new owners she would be Mrs Haig the 3rd, although he’d be stupid to mention that tag; she and everyone else would regard her as Mrs Haig the lst – and fair enough.

Checking around, Vic had found Shaun had an excellent reputation and he’d called on Shaun on a job when spotting Shaun’s building sign at the entrance to the property. Shaun showed him around and was all energy and information and related well with everyone including the owners making an inspection. The Twill’s took a keen interest in Vic as he was a newcomer to the district.

“I’ve heard your wife is young and very beautiful.”

“She is both of those things but we don’t marry till another three weeks, ma’am.”

“Oh please – Trinity.”

“And I’m Alan.”

“Everyone knows you as Vic,” she said.

“Everyone, Trinity?”

“Well, the ladies I take coffee or lunch with in town,” Trinity said. “You are rather striking and are seen walking around town a great deal – staying at the hotel I believe. But there is talk about you – appreciative talk I might add – because you are a rare man.”

“Rare man ma’am, I mean Trinity?”

“You accompany your partner when she shops for lingerie.”

“Doesn’t every man do that?” Vic asked but his straight face was too obvious and everyone within earshot burst into laughter.

Chatting away with Alan Twill over coffee reminded Vic he lacked depth of knowledge about cattle ranching and if the truth be known what he knew about horses wouldn’t fill much beyond the first page of a notebook.

“Rearing young cattle for on-sale like the rest of us?”

“Yes, that rather appealed to me?”

Alan looked at Vic and laughed, not sure if Vic understood. “You don’t have much choice – we have great land for growing bone here but the beef is put on elsewhere. You were aware of that, where you?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Is that a yes or a no?” Alan asked closely.

Shaun intervened. “Vic grew up on small farms, one place almost a ranch according to what Kate told me. He’s just spent a year working for Joe Black.”

Alan became really interested. “Not…”

“One and the same – his ranch is over by the coast for the easy life.”

Alan spun back to Vic. “You know he’s the greatest guy to have ridden on this land around here in modern times?”

“I do now; Kate filled us in. But the truth is he never mentioned being a rodeo hero – in fact he never mentioned rodeo.”

“Good God, has he gone mental?”

“Ease back, Alan,” Trinity said, the fifty-something wearing a light grin on her leathery face. “That will be Hannah riding him short rein.”

“I’ll be damned,” Alan said, scratching his head under the brim of his black Stetson. “That guy’s a legend around here to folks like us – unfortunately now a forgotten legend.”

Trinity walked with Vic to his vehicle. “Look, please arrange for me to meet your partner. Everyone is talking about you two, fact and fiction. First Mr Brody lets it known you people were attempting to buy the Hunger’s place for a distressed price but having no money and then his daughter Leigh absolutely refutes that saying you’ve signed up, the money is there and you’re planning to spend big money on development. Then the story comes out that your partner is an heiress and you two will marry when her divorce comes through. All this could harm reputations so I need to sort it out.

“Those luncheons in town appear very influential.”

“You know about our luncheons?”

“Heard about them and have seen women on the sidewalk after attending them. I figured not all the talk would be about the weather, children and latest dress designs.”

“I’m going to like you Vic, I can see that. You’re a man who actually has something between his ears. I’m president of the Ladies Town Club which holds those gatherings you are alluding to. Although I’m only fifty-six I’m considered the matriarch by the younger women because I went to university and headed the school here before Alan arrived on my doorstep and wouldn’t leave until I accepted his proposal. He stayed three nights before I caved in, losing my puritan reputation in the process. I’ll have great pleasure inducting your partner into the club.”

“Her name is Nina.”

“I know that Vic; I’ll call her that after I’ve been introduced to her.”

They shook hands and Vic was stepping into the cab when she called softly, “Oh Vic?”

“Yes Trinity.”

“Be very careful. There’s a rumor about you and a certain real estate lady.”

Vic’s mouth dropped, not that mattered as he had no reply to that comment.

He looked up to give little more than a weak grin – hopefully with an innocent edge – to Trinity but she was already walking away. He sat in the cab of the vehicle, mopping his forehead. Finally he smiled – he was safe providing they were never caught actually going at it and he was save from Nina’s wrath because she suspected. That could change if she caught them at it. Best that Nina kept away from that stupid women’s club.

* * *

Nina had awoken from her nap beside Vic when he shook her, having great confidence in his driving, and as they arrived was delighted to see Kate and Shaun on the porch waiting for them. Of course, they would have spotted the dust plume of the incoming vehicle.

She jumped out and the two women rushed each other, the two men grinning.

Shaun circled the vehicle and gave his opinion: “Nice wheels, makes you look like a rancher.”

“Which I’m not.”

“Give it time. Outward appearances fool most people,” Shaun said, digging in under the tray cover to pull out a grip. “You guys travel light.”

Vic sighed: “Nina’s stuff is all on the other side.”

Shaun looked at the uncovered bags and packs. “We’ll be all night carrying this lot in. I think we should just toss a match on to it and go onto the porch for a beer.”

“Leave it,” Kate said brushing Shaun aside. “I shall attend to my guest’s necessities. She won’t have brought a single thing she didn’t require.”

“A toothbrush, hairbrush, lipstick and a couple of pairs of knickers are all that’s required for a few night’s stay,” Vic alleged, earning two pink tongues poked in his directions from Kate and Nina plus a violent thrust of fingers airwards from Kate.

“Er, beer on the back porch I reckon Vic. We are edging into deep shit being here.”

Ninety minutes later came the call from upstairs: “Shaun, are you two washed up?”

“Come on,” Shaun said, kicking aside beer bottles as he stood up. “That’s Kate fully revved up which is something not to be ignored.”

With washed hands and faces, clothes unchanged but hair done, the two men waited for twenty minutes before two visions floated down the stairs.

Shawn looked beyond Nina to the lady in a satin dress, her scruffy fair hair all clean and tidy, piled on top of her head with sexy little bits dangling over her temples.

“God Kate,” he choked.

“Down boy, Kate giggled, “Please be seated; Nina tells me she has an announcement to make and I think I can guess.”

Nina nodded to Vic. He went to the refrigerated box plugged into the tray of the pick-up and returned with two bottles of champagne.

When they had clinked glasses Nina said Kate had offered their front room for the wedding.

“Guys, may we take up that offer and be married here the last Friday of next month.”

“Yes,” Kate screamed and Shaun beamed.

“Good one guys,” he said, emptying his glass.

“Sip it – you sip champagne,” Kate said crossly.

“Just because someone’s dolled you up and modified your wedding dress it doesn’t mean you have to take on airs and graces.”

“Oh darling, sorry. Fill your glass up and SIP.”

They chatted excitedly and Kate told their guests they could invite as many people as they liked, not that they knew many.

Nina thanked Kate and then said, “I appointed someone to give me away this morning, I called Joe Black and he said it would be an honor.”

Kate looked at her and said, “Oh Christ.”

“What’s wrong, what have I done wrong – you know who Joe Black is?”

“A legend!” Kate yelled.

“Yes, well you can’t help being what you are,” Nina said defensively.

“The wedding will have to be switched to the Dome,” Kate said. “Most of the county will want to attend.”

“No!” Kate said firmly. “I accepted your beautiful invitation to be married in your front room Kate, and that’s what I want. Please don’t make me cry.”

“Oh baby, I wouldn’t do that,” Kate said, going around the table to comfort her. “You’ll have the little quiet wedding here, but that’s all I can promise as the town will want to see the bride that triggered Joe Black’s homecoming. We’ll go to town for the wedding breakfast. Please excuse me.”

Kate returned smiling triumphantly. “It’s all resolved. The Ladies Town Club will arrange the wedding breakfast to be preceded by the Parade – like all towns, our town loves a parade.

“But I was told Joe Black doesn’t come from here,” Nina said.

“Phooey, a minor detail,” Kate said dismissively. “He worked on the Hunger Ranch when he won his first national title. Everyone knows that.”

“But I was told recently he’s a forgotten legend,” Vic added.

“Legends are never forgotten,” Kate said, eyeing him coldly.

Nina asked what was the Ladies Town Club.

Vic jumped in. “You won’t be interested.”

“She will be extremely interested,” Kate snapped. “You mean men are all the same. I’m just off the phone talking to Trinity Twill who…”

“Who’s Trinity Twill?” Nina asked.

“You won’t want to know,” Vic said in a touch of desperation.

“Shut up Vic, you don’t know her.”

Shaun said yes he did, he met her the other day.

Kate asked “Where?” in a very disbelieving voice.

“At the Twill’s new ranch house. They were on an inspection and Vic called in for…um…”

“To take a look at the project,” Vic said smoothly.

“Why would you be interested in a new ranch house?” Nina asked.

“I wasn’t,” Vic protested. “A beer – I saw the builder’s sign; it was hot so I called in to have a beer with Shaun.”

“But Shaun doesn’t allow alcohol to be consumed onsite during working hours.”

“Coffee,” Shaun said.

“Yes, coffee,” Vic said with relief. “This seems like an interrogation. Call Trinity and asked her to confirm that I had coffee with her and Alan.”

“Alan – you know her husband?” Kate asked, looking puzzled.

“Yes, but I only had just met them after seeing Shaun’s sign and turning in to say hello. You want us guys to be friendly, don’t you?”

“Hell yes,” Kate sighed. “I really don’t know why you guys are making such a big deal about having coffee.”

Shaun and Vic looked at each other half-bewildered and sighed.

“You asked me who Trinity is Nina,” said Kate, picking up the conversation thread. “She came into the area to take charge of the school in town and Alan wooed her. They now live on Skyline Ranch which he inherited from his father which is twenty miles north-east of your ranch. We younger women dubbed her the matriarch because she’s a little bossy and seems to know everyone and everything. She heads our club that most ranch wives belong to give them a focal point when they visit the town. I have particular affinity for her because although she’s old enough to be my mother she’s the only woman in these parts who comes close to out-riding me.”

“She must be quite a lady?”

“She is Nina and it was she who more than twenty years ago nominated Joe Black to be honored in the County Hall of Fame, not that there was any resistance to Joe achieving such status as she’d just won his second national title.”

“I’d like to meet her.”

“Will tomorrow do? I’ve invited Trinity and Alan for lunch.”

At that disclosure, through Vic’s mind ran the image of a hangman carrying a rope with Vic’s name on it.


Just after 11:00 next morning Vic went to the bedroom window and looked out. He’d heard bottles clinking and saw a man with a limp walk away the half dozen or so bottles and dump them in a barrel.

“It’s my father, cleaning up after you two men,” Kate said, entering the room. “God, my head.”

Vic turned around to see his hostess, most of her hair still piled on her head but wearing only panties.

He dived both hands over his genitals but too late.

“Ah, built like a pony I see?”

“Horse?”

“No pony,” she giggled.

Nina stirred. “Good gracious Vic, why are you exposing yourself to our hostess? Put on your pants – Kate you jump in here with me. Vic, we will soon meet Kate’s father. She thinks he could be persuaded to be ranch boss for us until our wheels are well-oiled.”

“But I’m ranch boss?”

“Nominally, yes. But you have gaps.”

“That’s not all he has,” Kate said, sending them both into giggles.

Vic turned his back to dress. “Why would he want to work for u?”

“Because he has a soft heart and is a sucker for a pretty face. Most of the women around here look like me – average or less.”

“I think you are pretty good for a skinny woman – last night you looked great.”

“Oh thank you Vic. Kate may I have a piece of him?”

“We’ll see, in fact that’s something I want to talk to you about. But first Vic you be on your best behavior with Mr Clayton and don’t pretend to know what you don’t know.”

“For goodness sake don’t call him Mr Clayton,” Kate urged. “Start off with Ryan and switch to Gabby once you feel he’s taken a liking to you, though don’t expect him to rush into that with you Vic; you take some getting to know. Perhaps if you show him what you’ve got he’ll have greater respect for you.”

“Kate!”

“What Nina?”

“Oh nothing except you talk like a man at times.”

“Oh sorry, mummy. I’ll roll over and you may smack my butt.”

“I think you best go Vic,” Nina giggled. “Kate is breaking loose; she’s turning into a lesbian.”

“Yikes!” yelled Kate, jumping out of bed. “I’m out of here.”

Nina suggested Vic go down and meet Kate’s father. “I want to talk to Kate alone.”

“About babies?”

“What babies?”

“Leave it Vic. If you see her send her back in here.”

Kate was coming from her bedroom buttoning up her shirt.

“Hi Mr Pony,” she giggled.

Vic reddened which intensified her giggle. “Where’s Shaun?”

“I sent him out two hours ago to do my essential chores. When I’m nice to him he’ll do anything for me. Despite my awful head I was very nice when waking him.”

“I bet. Nina wants to chat.”

“What about?”

“Wouldn’t have a clue. See you later.”


The weathered-face man looked at Vic closely. “You Vic?”

“Yes Mr…I mean Ryan.”

“She told you not to call me Gabby?”

“Actually she told me not to call you Mr Clayton if I valued my balls.”

She said that?"

“Not the bit about my nuts.”

“But you thought that was in her mind?”

“She’d a spunky woman, Ryan. I did think that was in her mind but probably out of respect for her father she shut her mouth.”

The man laughed and held out his hand. “An accurate assessment. Call me Gabby and yes, I’ll come and work for you. Kate said your woman is a good looker with great tits.”

“What, she didn’t mention the legs?”

Gabby laughed and asked when it would be suitable for him to start and invited Vic to walk to him to check on a couple of horses in the corral with leg wounds.

“We take over at the end of next month. You can start on handover day.”

“Why not before?”

“It’s not our ranch.”

Gabby said that didn’t matter. The Hungers hadn’t been farming it for eighteen months. He’d look around and start on repairing fencing.

“But you’ll be out there all alone?”

“Son, why do you think I want to work on that ranch? It’s a paddock compared with the real ranches of bygone days but these days it’s the biggest ranch within fifteen miles of town. I’ll have my cell phone – the boy Hunger installed the beacon thing or whatever they called it to put the ranch on the network linking town.”

“But won’t the Hungers throw you off the property; they want no-one there.

“Nah, I’ll call Leigh and get her mom to call on the Hungers. She went to school with them and I used to have my time with Jane, like once a week. Adultery it was called then and perhaps still is. If you ever meet Leigh’s father you’ll know why.”

“You mean Leigh Masters, the real estate agent?”

“The company’s appraiser actually. Yes, Leigh thinks of me as a kindly godfather. She knew what was happening and came to the conclusion when her mom came away from me she was happy.”

“This is an odd thing to be telling me.”

“There’s a rumor that you’re doing the same thing with Leigh, my boy. I bet that sort of takes your breath away, me knowing that?”

“Oh hell.”

“Take my advice, Vic. Keep on the dangerous path but don’t get caught. Even your woman will tolerate it providing there’s no evidence as everyone knows how unreliable rumors are.”

“Thanks for that, Gabby. Resuming where we were, what about terms of employment?”

“Don’t need any except you take out accident insurance on me. I’ll work for all found – that is food and accommodation – as your consultant, but I want to work to keep in trim and feel the good earth through my boots, if you know what I mean. I come and go as I please unless I have appointments with you. If I get peacefully drunk you accept it and if I have a woman in my room who’s not my wife you keep your mouth shut like a good boy, otherwise Kate or her mother will have my balls out and mounted on the door, nails driven through them.”

“Jesus.”

“Well, almost as bad as that.”

12