All Comments on 'Three Square Meals Ch. 095'

by Tefler

Sort by:
  • 130 Comments (Page 2)
ChasingtheSkyChasingtheSkyabout 6 years ago
Can't stop reading

Okay. I have never been an avid "battle" reader. Not big on military stories. But the creativity of the author and his wonderful writing has me hooked. Thanks for a great story!

Steve150177Steve150177almost 6 years ago
Rereading it all, Cpts. Camilla & Galon made a huge mistake

If the command structure allows it they should have sent a DD as a dispatch ship to find away to contact High Command. There are too many coincidences (3) and that means the High Command needs to know about it ASAP. They are ---

1] The freighter disguised as a cruiser.

2] The Kintark are moving into Terran Federation space.

3] The commslinks are down or not working.

Sending 1 DD away will weaken the defenses very, very little. DD seem to be slaughtered very fast. One broadside from a heavy cruiser and they are toast.

But, that info is priceless.

Steve150177Steve150177almost 6 years ago
Commodore Maddax is a dead idiot

He made a huge mistake. He failed to see that even with the forces at Port Medea his force would not stand a chance against that many Kintark ships.

. . . He should have sent one ship to warn the ships at Port Medea to flee and turned to run without entering the gravity well at that star. As I have said elsewhere, it seems like it is possible to go straight toward Terra without going to any intervening stars. Doing that does help you to go faster but it also makes your flight path predictable.

. . . In this case he could have diverted well before he reached that system. Maybe the Kintark could catch them, but a stern chase is a long chase. and the Kintark would become scattered. This is a better plan.

. . . This got him killed for nothing. He didn't even eliminate any Kintark ships.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Fuck you high command. Gawddamn politicians. Even when they are dry lifeless husks they will still only think of themselves and their "approval rating". Fuck the "approval rating".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Really?

Hey, first of all this story is FUCKING AMAZING!!!! With tht being said, who in the 4 dimensions would go to give someone half a million credits without having an escort, or a good enough reason for an assailant to back off? You're literally putting yourself in a position to be fucked.

SorchakSorchakabout 5 years ago
Fuck me sideways

with a chainsaw. You don't do anything by half, eh Tefler? It's just one fucking thing after another for John and the girls, and Terra. Well, on to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Re: captains made a mistake

You are correct that sending a fast ship would have smart (though I think the kintark cruisers were waiting for that) but they are captains, not the CO of medeas mobile forces, that was the commodore, he would have had to order it, the captains could have only suggested it to the destroyer or Corvette captain, they aren't in the chain of command and as long as the commodore was alive they wouldn't listen

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Holy Moly!!!

Woo hoo for Faye.

Congrats on the baby making John😍

Very Sexy!!!

Jehanna what were you thinking woman!!!

Admiral Mears is a good egg and Buckingham is a complete ass!!!

Excellent Tef. : ) Dawn

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Kintark problem?

Call 1-800-CALL-JOHN

FVLL3NFVLL3Nabout 4 years ago
Buckingham

Yeah he seems far more demented the second time through. All this over a power grab.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
So realistic

You describe the vanity and stupidity so well it scares me. We all know that this kind of human behavior is real and is often the reason why there are so many things wrong in this world.

NotlokNotlokover 3 years ago

Wow just wow the ending here how did humanity become a major empire with this level of stupidity?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Luckily you made everyone but john Blake an idiot

Or else this story would literally be making fire so he can put it out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Task time discrepancies

"As soon as the two ships docked, Faye's maintenance bots began using grav-clamps to form a chain of cargo pods, and started transferring the massive volume of Trankaran ores from the Invictus across to the Maliri vessel. Faye had predicted that it would take at least a day to complete the transfer, as the cargo bay of the Andresil Enkana was not able to directly connect to the Invictus, as they had with the Trankaran freighter."

This is hilarious to me, because the author has repairs and new weapon development being carried out in mere hours in most cases, which is ridiculous. And I'm not talking about using mental powers to re-shape armor plate. I'm talking about putting together a brand new rifle design from concept to ready to fire in a matter of a few hours, or repairing combat damage to a huge mecha or a gunship or the Invictus itself in a matter of a few hours. And then the author makes cargo transfer *in space* take a full day. Using robots. Oh no, the cargo bays don't match up? Who cares! Open both cargo bay doors to space and float the cargo across in the zero G of space. Mass still takes effort to move in zero G, but much less if you're not fighting a 1G gravity on top of the mass of the cargo. And mis-matched cargo doors is irrelevant to this process.

FVLL3NFVLL3Nover 3 years ago
Anonymous 09/07/20

I don't think he made them idiots. I feel this is very realistic for a guy losing all power and on the verge of infamy. Plus he fears the massive amount of power at John's disposal. Fear of the unknown and the strong are very key components of humanities stupidity

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yup, we've got a mad admiral here... Sure sounds like Buckingham is the "my toy, or smashed wreckage" type. And... if he's tied to the actions against a certain reporter, he may very well have just bought a funeral.

And, while he starting to look like a cancer now, all the factors that made him this way are things that would have originally been positive aspects of his service and loyalty to the Terran Federation. I think he just got used to running everything and forgot that the Federation isn't his personal turf.

I keep being positively surprised by Tefler's ability to create believable human protagonists and antagonists, both defined by the flaws AND the strengths that make them human.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

two fiancés and a girlfriend, I'm curious how John will sell this to the Terrans

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithover 2 years ago

Uh oh, a huge fleet of Kintark ships cruising for Terra, and John way out in Brimorian space... what will happen now? Stay tuned my friends... ;-) TTFN

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent chapter - way to build the suspense! Can't wait to see how the hell you dig your way out of that mess. Thanks for the great read.

laughdruidlaughdruidabout 2 years ago

Really, John is going to find a home planet and all the Matriarchs are going are going to leave their families and raise their children with him.. He is kind of an asshole.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2ualmost 2 years ago

@ LaughDruid. Exactly, the matriarchs are exactly that. Independent rulers in their own right of multiple star systems separated from the other rulers.

Also John and all this guilt trip shit and always asking for permission again and again from the same girl on multiple occasions. At times this series appears to be written by a feminist but then the sex starts up again.

Also giving the Malari marines the out of date rifles from the Invictus. Dana makes 10 or 20 of each rifle itineration so how is that going to equip a marine complement of an armada?

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

First, to Laughing Druid, any of the Matriarchs that CHOOSE to accompany John (to Valaden)can still telecommute, work from there, all on the same team now, and they can visit their home worlds as they need to, letting their appointed Governors to their jobs. And what families are you referring to? The Young Matriarchs Families were largely wiped out, and were very dysfunctional anyway, not much to miss. -- Next: a few Maliri marines with superior weapons (Dana designed) in key / strategic positions could boost / support the over-all company, ... their leadership will decide the best placement and use of those few weapons. ;-) TTFN

JasmijnJasmijnover 1 year ago

Laughing Druid, I think that you’re right. John is an asshole, but for a different reason. He is so busy with making sure that all the women feel happy and loved, he doesn’t take the time to train himself and his Invictus crew and therefore everybody in the system is in constant danger. In this chapter he invested so much time and energy in women who are not that important, he doesn’t even know that Jade became so much stronger. And the worse thing is that in the next chapter he probably feels worried about the girls safety when he drags them into the next fight. So far I understand is only Sakura the one that trains on a regular bases. And the weird thing is that when he is serious it is Alyssa who starts making sexrelated remarks so he gets distracted . It almost feels like Alyssa does that on purpose so she can manage everything, while giving John the feeling that he is in controle.

skippersdadskippersdadover 1 year ago

Fuck the Admiralty and why don't John learn to use his Schields.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

And now Terra's in danger, John is AWOL and Buckingham has lost the plot. Presumably the Kintra have upgraded Shields from the Progenitor?

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2uabout 1 year ago

So.. why doesn’t anyone use hyperwarp weapons? Just get a navigation console and strap it to a mass, power core and hyperwarp generator. Then get that bastardised ‘torpedo’ and launch it at the enemy fleets. Launch a hundred of them at a time. No spare equipment to cobble together? Then use the oldest smallest fucked out ships in service and or civilian warp capable ships, every single one. Then fit them with remote acess to control the primary systems. Then leave them powered down lurking on the edges of a prepared battle field. Have them just listening for a signal from the TFN to power up and then download the navigation instructions and launch/fire them.

Also why aren’t there any power core armed magnetic mines? Want a big boom then nothing in this universe booms bigger than power cores that are breached or overloaded. So either dead short the power core to overload and detonate or have a shaped booster charge on its weakest point and blow that to detonate it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago
Mean As!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

"There's not even a scratch on her!"

ranec1

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith11 months ago

The Kintark are coming! the Kintark are coming! shhh, don't tell anyone, .... take Buckingham out and hang his ass, ... then reuse the rope on Weber, ... Oh, and the Kintark's improved shields are Brimorian, they cut a deal for water worlds, shhh, don't tell anyone, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith10 months ago

***Spoiler Alert*** Oh, and by moving Mogan's fleet to the Brimorian border, Buckingham dooms the fleet with his son in it, .... the Brimorians attack, .... it seems that Morgan's fleet has fairly high ranked traitor that sells them out to the Fish-faces, ... that traitor is, of course, Vincent Buckingham's son, mental problems seem to run in the males of their family, ... shh, don't tell anyone, ... just shoot the traitor, Commander Newmont, on sight, ... ;-) ttfn

Michael56SmithMichael56Smith5 months ago

no surprise, but a BIG battle is definitely brewing, ... the Kintarek are coming and they are not stopping to take any prisoners, .... the T=Fed really needs to get John and the Invictus back ASAP, ... but of course our dramatic author wants to ratchet up the tension for a bit, to see if the good guys (our heroes) can make it back in time, ... this should be really good, ... ;-) ttfn

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTefler@Tefler
Please see my Patreon page for the current progress on Three Square Meals. (I usually announce it here in the comments on the last chapter too!) https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3814558 I've added empire maps, as well as pics of the ships, guns, gear, and girls! *** ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

Runners 
3.99
49
1