Time for Truth Ch. 05

Story Info
Marisol comes of age.
8.8k words
4.83
16.2k
14

Part 5 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Welcome back,

In this chapter, Mari turns eighteen. Everyone comes home for her party. Phillip talks with his dad and makes a discovery.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

"Happy Birthday, Mari," greeted Marisol when she rose the next morning. Because it was her birthday, she had a day off from her duties. Momma made her favorite breakfast, pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. Poppa was up, dressed in his uniform looking as handsome as ever. Marisol didn't feel any different, She often thought when she became if age she'd know, be different somehow.

"Thank you, Momma, Poppa," she whispered. The twins came down and hugged their big sister. Kayla and Jaden, her mom's little brother and sister, were with them and they greeted her enthusiastically. Mari looked around and noticed that Rosita was missing.

"Oh, she's just getting dressed. Give her a few minutes," Momma said. But secretly Jules was a bit worried about her. Lately, Rosita had become even more withdrawn. The closer it came the time for Marisol to go to school. The more she seemed to withdraw.

"I'll get her Momma. They still have school today." she reminded them

Marisol went to Rosita's door and knocked. Rosita didn't answer. She tested the knob and the door was locked. She knocked again, more forcibly. "Go away." She heard a muffled cry. Concerned, Marisol knocked once more.

"Rosita, open up." She pleaded.

No answer still. Julianne joined her and both women called for the young girl to let them in. Soon Rosita opened the door. She had been crying, and Jules was instantly concerned.

"It's nothing, Momma. Marisol will leave in two months and she will forget me. She's an adult now, and she doesn't need me around anymore." Rosita wept silently.

Marisol hugged her sister. "Rosita, you are my sister. I will always need you. We will be together no matter how old I get. I am going to school, but I will come home for visits and you can come to Louisiana too. Grandma and Grandpa Love it when you visit, remember." Mari reminded her.

Rosita smiled. She knew Marisol believed what she was saying and she hoped it was true. But she knew she'd meet new people, more interesting people. She might not want to come home as much. Benny didn't and he promised not to forget her too. He did. Last night, he barely spoke with her before running off with his friends. She also knew that she was not the favorite daughter, Marisol was. Oh her parents loved her. They loved all of them, but Mari was special. She was the oldest, the first daughter. Rosita was not jealous of her sister, in fact, knowing how she sacrificed her self years ago to protect them made her love her even more. She just worried. Sometimes, Marisol had nightmares, and she would help her. Now that she was eighteen, she wouldn't need her anymore. That hurt and she hated thinking such dismal thoughts. She had no doubt that her sister loved her; she just dreaded the thought of being forgotten.

"Feel better now?" Marisol asked. Rosita nodded. She didn't want her sister to feel bad, so she kept her true thoughts and feelings buried. Soon the three women joined BJ and the others for breakfast. BJ smiled as they entered. His mate, his life, Julianne was radiant. She always made him grin like a silly fool. Then he noticed Marisol, his oldest child. She was amazing and now she was an adult. Finally he noticed Rosita. She smiled, but he saw a hint of sadness in her eyes. His smile faltered, but he recovered and greeted all three ladies with a tight embrace. "Hey beautiful," he said to his mate. "Happy birthday sweetness," he greeted Marisol. "Hey sunshine," he said to Rosita, bring a slightly upward turn of her lips. "Hey Daddy" she whispered and returned his hug. BJ looked deep in Rosita's eyes. Something was wrong. He knew his kids. She was hiding something, and he suspected that he knew what it was.

He was always connected to his three oldest children. He was one of the first officers to find them when their mother was murdered and recognize them as wolves. They bonded instantly and he became their father. It was that bond that helped him understand what each child needed as they grew. Marisol was the oldest and she bore some deep wounds from witnessing the death of her mother. She protected the younger two, but that didn't mean that they didn't suffer. Rosita was the second oldest, and she always appeared to be happy.

He would spend time with each child and he knew her. She was afraid and trying to hide it. He knew she held a deep hurt and he needed to reassure her that she was loved and had no need to fear anything.

Looking at the clock on the wall, he knew he had to report to his precinct. "Man another long day. Ladies, I'm out. Rosa, will you walk your old man to the car?"

"Yes Papa," she replied.

He walked out with his daughter and spoke to her. "Rosita, I know something is bothering you. I think I know what it is. Love, look at me. You are my daughter, my little girl. You have a piece of my heart that no one can ever take away. Your mother and I are here for you. We love you so much, my little Rose. Remember that." He hugged her close. "I know it's your sister's birthday, but we will spend tomorrow together alright. I'd love to go fishing at the lake, and I need someone to bait the hooks." He teased. Then he laughed because the look of disgust on his daughter's face was priceless. He kissed her temple, and showered her with love. Rosita felt her father's warmth surround her and she was secure in the moment. She hugged BJ back and he had one more request. "Be a good girl today and help Momma. Keep an eye out for your big sister and remember, you have nothing to fear."

"I love you, Papa." She whispered.

"Love you too, sweetness," he replied before climbing into his car and driving off. Babe, Rosa needs you. I know it's Mari's day, but do something special with her. BJ sent to his mate.

I will. Now you be safe. Love you. Julianne replied.

BJ climbed into his car and headed to work. Julianne worked from her home office. She checked for messages and decided that she'd get Rosita to help her get things ready for the party. They'd shop, and she'd buy her something special. Although it was Marisol's birthday, she was determined that Rosita never felt inferior.

Heaven and Neveah wanted to go to Kyra's. Kayla and Jayden wanted to go as well. Marisol knowing her sister needed time with their mom volunteered to take the younger ones, besides she needed to talk with Aunt Kyra again. Her meeting with Zeke confused her. Maybe her aunt could help her reactions make sense.

*****

Knox and Zeke got up early. They were here with the Gaines Alphas, but they still filled in with Beta duties as well. Knox watched his friend. "You're too quiet. What's going on man? It's her, Marisol, isn't it?"

Zeke knew Knox. He was a good friend, but he was a player. He might not understand. So he dismissed his behavior. "Nothing man, I've just decided to act like a grown up. It's about time you acted grown up as well," he added jokingly.

Knox didn't buy it. There was something about this girl. For the past couple of years, Zeke was obsessed with her. He was so obsessed that the Alphas called him on it. Now all of sudden they allowed him come to her compound. Knox had an idea of what was happening, but he wanted to test his theory. Marisol was eighteen today, he'd give her a birthday kiss. If his suspicions were correct, his best friend would try to kick his ass. He prayed he was wrong.

Zeke went about his duties. As he worked, he saw the object of his desire walking with four little ones. Normally, she had class today but because it was her birthday, she had a free day from school. He couldn't stop the smile that spread across his face as she walked. Soon it vanished as a young male approached her. She smiled at the other males and then hugged him. Zeke didn't like this. She was his mate, and no other man had the right to touch her. He was about to confront them when Knox stopped him. "She's your mate, isn't she?" he asked.

Zeke didn't answer. He didn't have to. Knox suspected this all along. He was hurt that his friend didn't trust him. He spoke, "You don't have to answer. I've know since the last time she visited Wildwood. That's why I got you to go out." He exhaled. " I was hoping to get your mind off of her. But she's yours." Knox smiled. The he frowned, "What is the problem, She doesn't want you. Did she reject you?" he asked.

Looking forlorn and sad, Zeke answered, "She doesn't know. She has not recognized me yet. She has no idea that I am her mate. The Alphas asked me to wait four years, but the other day they relented and said I could approach her. The thing is she isn't ready for a mate. Shes still young, just eighteen. She can finally explore and learn about her likes and dislikes." Zeke exhaled.

"This is my punishment for being so indiscriminate with women. I find my mate and I have to wait until she recognizes me. I have to watch her date other males, explore her sexuality, and I can't say a damned thing. If I force the issue, I could hurt her. I'd die before I hurt her."

Knox nodded, "It won't be long. Marisol is very smart and she isn't silly like most young girls. She will recognize you before long. She might know you already. I saw her watching you earlier.

Zeke smiled. "She was watching me, When?" He asked.

Knox laughed, "What are we thirteen? At breakfast, she was serving, but her eyes stayed on you. Man, she feels something. Trust me."

Zeke smiled. "I hope you're right. In two months, she's coming to Louisiana. I can't wait to spend time with her." Knox watched his friend, He hadn't met his mate yet, but if meeting your mate made you as happy as Zeke was, then he was excited to find her.

"Man, she is beautiful and sweet. How a horndog like you got such a great mate is beyond me." He joked. Zeke looked pensive, and Knox laughed. "Man, I'm kidding. I'm happy for you. If you need anything, I'm there, OK."

Before Zeke could reply, Blaine joined them and they started their work. Neither one said anymore about the lovely Marisol.

*****

Phillip woke up in his parents' home. He knew he'd disappointed them gravely. Neither parent spoke. He had breakfast with the pack and decided he'd help his dad with his duties. Leo watched his youngest son. He was hurt that he'd caused the pack such embarrassment with his behavior, but he understood. He was with the Alpha son and Alpha nephew. He had to feel intimidated in some way. Leo had only reached the level of theta within the pack. He tried for beta, but failed. His wife said she loved him no matter what, but he knew what it felt like to want more. He learned that in California, Phillip had been assigned Theta duties. He left here a junior beta and lost his rank because of foolishness.

He needed to talk to his boy. Leo finished his theta duties early and told his team he had something personal to deal with. The men understood. He left early, taking Phillip with him. Phillip was silent. He dreaded this moment. Talking with Alpha Javon was bad, but the sheer look of disappointment on his father's face was almost too much for the young wolf to handle.

"I failed you, son." Leo began. "I always demanded more from you. When you and Benny became friends, I wanted more. I wanted you to be elevated. I pushed, and you excelled. When Benny chose that school, I knew you didn't really want to go. You applied because your friends did. You wanted to help him learn the truth. I should have spoken up, but I didn't. My silence put you in harm's way, and I failed you"

"Dad, no you didn't!" Phillip interjected. "I did this. I went there and got distracted. The guys tried to keep me in line, but I wanted to fit in with..." he stopped and looked away embarrassed.

How do you tell your father that you are a fake? The one man that was always proud of you. He cheered for you. He was the one that gave his everything so you could have shot a different life. It wasn't just his dad. His entire family sacrificed for him to go to LA. Yes, the alpha gave permission, but his parent and his older brothers and sisters worked and saved for him to go to college. When he was growing up, his whole family made sure he could do everything the alpha kids could. There was nothing his friends did that he didn't join in.

When Benny told them he planned to go to UCLA. Phillip was unsure. But Kevin told him they had to stick with their friend. Besides, Ares was going. They were trying to convince Vince to go also. Vince barely graduated and knew college wasn't for him.

So not wanting to be left out, Philip applied and got accepted into UCLA. He had the grades, passed the test, and could do the work. However, he had to find his niche. Ares was alpha son, Benny was part vampire, Kevin was super smart, and he had nothing. He was good looking. Girls liked him. So even before leaving Texas, he accumulated girlfriends. He never mistreated a woman, but he refused to be in any type of committed relationship. His friends often joked that he'd meet his mate and she'd be just as wild as he was.

"Dad, I owe you an apology. I messed up. It was me that brought shame on our family. However, Alpha Michael and Alpha Javon are giving me a chance to fix it. I will make you proud. But Dad, I may never elevate above Theta. We are thetas and there is no shame in that. The only reason I was made Junior Beta was because of my friendship with Benny and Ares.

I am proud of who I am. And I will serve in my station as generations before me have. You have no reason to ever blame yourself for my selfish actions. I love you Dad. I will make you proud and I will regain your trust." Phillip hugged his father. Leo embraced his son as he received a new revelation. He was leaving. His son would go back to California and become a member of the Thane Pack. Leo felt this deep within. He would talk to his mate and prepare her. They would miss him, but no matter where he went, he was theirs. They were always proud of him.

"Look at you sounding all grown up. I guess my little cub is a man now." Leo whispered. Phillip laughed, "Dad, I'll always be your cub. No matter how old I get." Phillip laughed, then he remembered the party. He gasped. "Man, I've got to get Marisol and Desha presents. Hey, Dad, can we go to the city? It won't take long."

"Of course." He answered. The two went to the city to buy the most perfect gifts for both young women.

*****

At Thane, Clarence had requested permission to leave the compound. Michael granted it. It was not unusual for Clarence to take a few days off. However, Michael sensed that something was different.

Not wanting to question his best friend, Michael offered his support. Clarence assured him that he was fine. He just needed some time alone.

"Is this about Nina? She has returned home, Clarence. She forgave us. You have no reason to feel..." Michael stopped. Something in his friends eyes told him that Clarence was dealing with some personal demons.

"I should have gone with her. I gave Benson my word to protect his family, but he died and she was to blame. I knew deep down something wasn't right, but I let them leave anyway. I should have gone after her and the kids sooner. What they went through was my fault, Michael. I knew better. I failed as a beta and I failed Benson as a friend. I need time. How can she forgive so easily; how can she just let go? If I had spoken up sooner, maybe Isaac could have been stopped. I knew he was..." Clarence was frustrated and he took a deep breath.

"I didn't think it would escalate so far." He exhaled and shook his head to clear his thoughts. "You didn't know how I felt; no one did. For years I knew this was somehow my fault. She survived, and now she has mated to another. I like Thaddeus. He is a good man, honorable. But I failed her. I know she'll never come back here. I can accept that, but I need something. I just need to be alone." He walked out of Michael's office. Michael once again felt the weight of his bad decision overcome him.

Love, what's wrong? Brandy asked, as a feeling of melancholy flowed through the mate bond.

Clarence is taking a few days off. That's all. There is nothing to worry about. How are you and the baby? Still resting? he asked.

We are fine. Michael Junior is active, as usual. We will see you at dinner, OK. she sent and then closed the bond, but not before sending Michael a big mental hug, which he promptly returned.

Michael continued working in his office. Soon dinnertime arrived and he rushed to the dining hall to check on his mate. He smiled as he enetered. She was there surrounded rounded by pack members. They were making sure she was OK. Caressing her belly, and commenting on how strong the pup was. No one notice the Alpha as he entered quietly, smiling. As soon as he sat, Jebediah joined him, as did a few more male pack members. How you holding up, Pops?" One member joked.

"I'm good." Michael answered, truly amazed at the transformation of his pack since Nina returned. In the past, they acknowledged him, but none other than Clarence was personable. Now, they were treating him like one of the guys. They spoke freely aoruond him. The pack always loved Brandy, but now he felt included too.

"When will Clarence be back?" Jebediah asked. The others faced Michael and he explained that it was a weekend break.

"Until he gets back then, we're hanging out." Ward Daniels, Jebediah's oldest son, offered. Ward was a strong pack Theta. He ascended to the post shortly after mating over three decades earlier. Michael thanked him and the group of males chatted. Soon, his stomach growled and he declared it was time to eat. He quickly moved over to the women, "Ladies, good afternoon." He greeted jovially. They smiled, and he could see they were actually happy to see him.

"Alpha Michael, how are you?" Hannah asked. She had gained a new respect for her Alpha after the meeting and reuniting with her daughter. He was always so serious, so unapproachable, but she now knew he was only that way to keep from being hurt. With a brother like Isaac, that was understandable. She no longer held any animosity towards the young Alpha, and she made sure to tell him. Brandy hugged her and thanked her for freeing him. He blamed himself, and hated himself for hurting her. Michael Thane was a good man and a good Alpha. He'd be a great father.

"Hannah, Miriam, ladies, if you don't mind, I'd like time with my mate." He added. They laughed and Brandy joined her mate. Brandy hugged him and chuckled. He was so much more relaxed now. Soon everyone ate, and Michael ordered Brandy home to rest. She feigned anger, but she loved the way he took care of her.

Clarence had been gone for a few hours. At first he went to the cabin that the pacj members often used for camping excursions, or just when one needed time alone. He came here often, but this time he was restless. He had no intention of staying here. By morning, he planned to be at Jael. He needed a ride to the airport. He didn't want to use a pack car because his Alpha would not approve of what he planned. He had no intention of alerting him. He had one destination in mind. He was going to Arizona. He knew Nina said, not too, but he needed answers. Someone had to take ownership for what is pack members suffered. He knew for certain that Benny and Ares would confront Jael at some point and it was not safe. He would go before them and learn the truth. When they returned he could tell them what the needed to know.

Clarence had arrived at the cabin earlier. But now it was time to go. Locking up, he walked down the mountain side to the main road. Someone would drive by, and he'd catch a ride to town, then from there he would get to the airport and fly to Arizona. The Jael Alpha could pretend he had no blame in this, but Clarence would learn the truth and the bastards that hurt Nina so long ago would be punished.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers