Time for Truth Ch. 14

Story Info
A new mating occurs; The members of Thane go home.
10.3k words
4.8
15.9k
12

Part 14 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers

Welcome,

Amari and Vince mate. Marisol goes to school. Hannah, Miriam, and Jebediah go home. Oh, the vampire council calls again.

I would like to thank Felicia for taking time to edit this chapter for me. You are simple amazing. Thank you for helping bring my vision to life. Overstar, thank you as well. I could not have asked for two better people to assist me in this feat.

All characters in this story are above the age of consent.

Happy reading. IR2R

*****

Clarence awoke wearing a grin with his mate curled up tightly on his chest. She was the love of his life, his Aria. They had returned a few days ago and his mate welcomed him back excitedly. This morning she was going out with the other females. Her mother insisted that she get out of the apartment.

Marisol was moving to Louisiana to attend school soon and the pack wanted to make sure that she had everything that she would need. Her mate Zeke had offered to accompany them, but Javon stopped him and said he was needed at the compound. Javon had also called a meeting with all the young males explaining that he had some things he needed to discuss with them.

Blaine made sure all of the appropriately aged males were in attendance, even his son who had all sorts of reasons why Saphirra needed him with her. However, Nickie had assured her brother that his mate would be safe with them. She loved her new sister and would make sure she was taken care of while her brother was off taking care of his responsibilities to the pack.

As the women shopped Elise remained uncharacteristically silent. So many of their young had recently found their mates, which was a wonderful thing, but it also meant that there would be a great many changes coming in the near future. Her daughter was leaving for California soon and she suspected that Marisol would continue to reside in Louisiana even after she'd finished with school. BJ and Jules were with Geraldo, and although they were established pack members, the needs of their children could cause them to leave. She was worried. She didn't want to let them go.

Just then she hear Saphirra laugh and Elise smiled. It was not all bad. She suspected that the Loess Pack would also pick up some strong new members despite losing some that were very dear to all of them. She needed to stop worrying and perhaps talk with Javon; he always had a handle on any given situation.

"Elise, something is bothering you. Are you being threatened?" Nickie Ivanov, her vampire friend asked.

Elise laughed, "Girl, not everything is about threats. I'm just a Mom who doesn't want to let her little ones fly the coop so to speak. You'll see what I mean in a few years when Jonathan starts wanting his freedom," she warned with a warm smile.

Nickie frowned; she understood already. The council had requested an audience with her and Gernick a few days ago in order to discuss Jonathan's future. They had discussed sending Jonathan to the Dracount Academy in Russia and at first, she'd flat out refused, but Gernick had not. When Nickie blinked and looked away Elise knew instantly that she was masking something that was troubling her.

"Nicolette, talk to me. Tell me what's going on," Elise demanded.

Nickie looked shocked. Just this morning, she'd had the same conversation with Nina. She'd told her some tale, but she knew that Nina didn't believe her for one second. Nickie let out a resigned sigh and shook her head. "It's nothing, just vampire business," she said trying to sound dismissive but failing miserably.

Elise did not like this one little bit. . So many changes had occurred; she did not know how much more she could take, but she held her thoughts. Something was going on with the vampires and she needed to tell Javon. However, for now she'd let it drop. Amie and Jasmine were looking at jewelry and Ava was with them. Ava was Garrick and Shari's daughter and she was as beautiful as her mom was, but had inherited her father's dark coloring. As the oldest girl, she watched out for the younger ones. Nickie looked over at them and smiled, but Elise still felt strange. She just didn't like this.

They had just handled the situation at Jael and now their vampire family was in trouble. No, she did not like this one bit. Unfortunately, as wolves, there was really nothing that they could do, but she wanted Nickie to know if she needed them, they were there for her.

Nickie smiled and sent her a mental hug, which allowed Elise to relax a little, and she smiled at her friend in return. It was a special moment between the two of them. Normally, Nickie only communicated with her best friend and sister mentally. For her to comfort Elise like this, well it was an honor and indicative of just how far they had all come.


*****

Jonathan and Theo sat together at the meeting that Javon had called for the young males. Javon was explaining that Geraldo was sending some of his members to Loess for training, and he expected everyone that was here to help them acclimate. He also told them that several Betas, Thetas, and Omegas would be going to Cortez. The Mexican pack was sending in help, as was Thane.

Theo and Jonathan were excited to meet new wolves. They missed Javier and really hoped he'd come back soon. A short while later Blaine dismissed the boys and the younger wolves quickly left the room that the meeting had been held in anxious to get outside to stretch their legs and play a little. As usual, playtime amongst the wolves got rough and some of the wolves were more vicious towards Jonathan than usual. He actually got into a fight, which Theo and the other guys broke up when Jonathan yelled out. "You don't have to hate me anymore; I'm leaving soon."

Theo and the others froze and Jonathan cried as he explained to them that his parents had talked and his father was sending him to a school in Russia: a school for Vampires.

Theo remained completely still as Jonathan told them what was going on but finally he couldn't hold it in anymore and blurted out, "But you're more than just a vampire, you're a wolf too!" Jonathan nodded in agreement but then explained rather forlornly that he would have to hide his wolf. He could not reveal what he was because that would endanger everyone. If he was sent to Dracount, then he would have to pretend to be a full vampire. At this news the entire group gasped collectively in shock and horror, and soon the ones that had fought with him were not only apologizing they explaining that while they were jealous of his and Theo's friendship none of them wanted him to leave.

Theo was breathing very deeply and trying his best to remain calm. He was not going to cry. He was male after all. If Uncle Gernick was sending Jonathan away, then he had to have a good reason and he resolved to speak with him that night when he came to get Jonathan.

"Jonathan, are you going to forget me when they teach you how to be a vampire?" Theo asked.

Jonathan sighed, "I hope not. You're my best friend."

Suddenly both boys stopped moving and Theo stared out across the vast plains. Jonathan Ivanov had been a part of his life since he was a babe. They had a brother bond and nothing could break it. He knew if his parents wanted to send him away, they had to have a good reason. And as much as it hurt, he'd have to watch his friend go.

By day's end, the two best friends had decided that no matter what they were brothers and nothing was going to change that. Jonathan sat beside his blood brother with his thoughts in turmoil. He didn't want to leave Theo. They were always together, and he didn't understand why his Dad wanted to send him away in order to learn to be a vampire. After all, Krill grew up with wolves and he was still a vampire. It just didn't make any sense to him, and he was a little surprised that Theo wasn't questioning his father's decision. Then again, that was the fundamental difference between the two of them; Theo trusted implicitly while he was always questioning things. Most of the time Javier was around to help settle their differences, but this time he was with his family. They could pop in, but maybe, just maybe Dad had a point. Where the Wolves ran in packs, the Vampires had covens and these were two very different things. A pack was a family group held together by a genuine love for each other, while a coven was mostly there for protection and nothing more.

When the females returned no one was surprised to see the two young men rushing towards their mothers. Jonathan and Theo hugged their Moms and immediately offered to carry their things up to the house for them. Nickie looked at her son for a moment and could instantly tell that he was masking, which almost instantly had her wondering if he knew. Looking into her eyes he gave her a small smile and then sent, Momma, I love you. I really missed you today.

"Jon Jon, can you help me carry my bags?" Amie asked. She adored her big brother and his friend. She especially loved visiting the compound and spending time with Jasmine. Often Ava would join them but the two younger girls just loved being in each other's presence.

Jonathan looked at his little sister and smiled. "Theo and I have got this. Mom can we vanish and take this home? We won't be long?" he assured her. "Ava, we can take your bags too." Jonathan offered.

His dark-haired cousin smiled, and handed over her bags. Both boys looked back at their Moms. Nina and Nickie laughed. Theo looked at his Mom, batted his eyes, begging for her to say yes. Both women agreed and said, "Go ahead." Seconds later, all of females' purchases and the two boys were gone.

Elsie stood silently watching the interaction of their pack members, as Javon moved to her silently. Pulling her back against him, he asked,Love, what's wrong?

Something is going on with the vampires. Javon, I am worried. Elise sent.

Sending her a large flow of love, Javon whispered, We stand with them. They are family and no matter what family sticks together.

Elsie closed her eyes, and absorbed strength from her mate. She prayed that Javon was right. If the vampires needed them, they would be ready to defend them. All of a sudden, Elise was covered in love. Her mate, her children, and her friends showered her with their adoration. She faced Nicolette once more and smiled. They had faced many foes and came out victorious. They would face whatever else came along just as well. The Ivanovs were family, and no one messed with family.

*****

The men met up with their women as soon as they arrived back and were immediately weighed down with packages to carry inside. Saphirra, Nickie, and Celia loaded Benny and Blaine down. Blaine grumbled good-naturedly and wondered if they had any money left after this little shopping trip. Celia laughed and sent her mate a mental hug. Nickie asked Saphirra for help as soon as they made it back home and both girls ran off, leaving Blaine, Celia, and Benny alone.

Blaine quickly pulled his mate into his embrace kissing her soundly as the two pups looked on and laughed while making faces at their parents open display of affection. Benny decided that perhaps their parents could use a bit of privacy and took his younger siblings out for a while since Saphirra was still with Nickie and he would have to wait for time alone with her.

Meanwhile, Ares was with Zoe as she was packing for her return trip to Thane. Hannah, Jebediah, and Miriam were returning home as well. They had extended their stay while the pack helped Geraldo with his quest. Ares would be traveling back too, but not for a few more days. Because of the changes in pack dynamics, and BJ and Julianne temporarily moving to be with Geraldo, Ares wanted to stay a bit longer and support his father in transitioning the wolves that would be arriving from Cortez. He knew he had ti return to California for school and he would in another week, along with Benny, However, right now, he was needed at home.

. "Why are you packing so soon? Are you ready to leave me already?" Ares asked his mate. Zoe looked at him and smiled but it was a sad smile. They had been here for over a week and made love many times, however, he never said anything about marking her or claiming her. She needed to feel like she was his, like she really belonged to him and she couldn't until she was wearing his mark. A small part of her feared that maybe she was not his mate; maybe there was another female. At first, she was jealous of Iyoka, but Iyoka had gone back with Geraldo and Amari was head over heels in love with Vince.

"It's time to go home. Besides, you and your family have a lot to deal with and..." her voice suddenly trailed off when she realized that Ares' wolf was growling. Sensing something was upsetting her Ares pulled her close to him. "Zoe, baby, talk to me. Tell me what's wrong?" he pleaded, but she looked away. She felt horribly selfish. Here he was dealing with serious changes in his family and instead of being strong for him she was acting like a whiny bitch.

Zoe sighed while Ares waited patiently for her to talk to him. It was obvious he wasn't going to let go of her until she told him what it was that had her upset so she took a deep breath and hoped she was doing the right thing."I've been here a week and you haven't marked me Ares. You said that we're mates. I feel in my heart that you're it for me. You even introduced me to your family as your mate. Meanwhile, your sister and Clarence have known each other for a lot less time than we have, yet they have joined already. Do you really want me Ares?" She asked looking directly into his eyes and hoping to find her answer there.

Ares' whole face lit up as he smiled. "Of course I do, you silly girl. I want to complete our mating so badly that holding back has been practically killing me. I just didn't want to rush you. I want to be in a position to care for you and our children, and I'm not there yet. I am so jealous of Aria and Clarence right now, because he can support my sister. He's established within his pack. If we mate right now, we'd have to live with your parents and I won't do that to us or to them. I'll be finished with school in a few years. I plan to speed up the process by taking extra courses so I can finish early. Then I can find work so I can support us. Once I can stand on my own two feet as a man we will mate. I will not fail you Zoe and believe me I do love you. I love you too much to place you in a position for ridicule," he said with a sigh as he lowered his head.

"Ares, I can support us. We can get a small apartment or take one of the small houses at the compound. I'm sure Alpha Michael and Madam Alpha Brandy won't mind. You don't have to do it all on your own," Zoe insisted but Ares frowned. He'd watched his father take care of them and his pack his whole life. He was raised an Alpha's son and that meant that it was his responsibility to support his mate and their children. He really needed Zoe to understand why he felt so strongly about waiting.

Zoe saw his jaw set and the look of frustration on his face. She'd never seen him upset before, and now it seemed as if she had somehow made her mate angry. "Ares, I don't mean to upset you. It's just that I've waited for decades to find my mate and now that I've found you, I want to join with you. I want to belong to you. I understand your need to lead, and I respect it. However, you have to understand how I feel too."

Ares sighed and shook his head. "I am an Alpha son, Zoe. There is no halfway mark for me. It's only right or wrong. Clarence is a Beta, a high Beta; he is established in his pack. I will one day be established somewhere too, but right now I have nowhere for us to settle. When we mate, we may have to go and start our own pack. I feel... I can't explain it, but Aria is now a member of Thane. A pack cannot have two Alphas, so I know when I mate I may have to leave Loess. I cannot join Thane. I have to be able to protect you and any children we have. Right now, I am not ready. Please, give me time," he pleaded.

Zoe was stunned. She never dreamed of not being part of a major pack, but if what Ares felt was right, they'd have to separate and start a pack of their own. While this thought frightened her, some she took a deep breath and tried to give him a reassuring smile. "You are my other half. I will follow you wherever you go," she said firmly.

Ares was overwhelmed with gratitude and had to hold her then. How could he not? This beautiful woman accepted him and was willing to be with him regardless of where they ended up.

*****

Amari had moved into Vince's apartment with him. This was her first official night staying there and she was nervous. They had not had made love yet and had agreed to wait until they mated to be together for the first time. Amari admired Vince for being so patient, but his quiet stoic attitude was also a huge turn-on for the little red head. She'd shopped with the other females today but the whole time she'd been gone all she could think about was Vince. The thought of the two of them moving in together and being together all the time had her very excited. The waiting had been very difficult, but she knew in the end that it would be well worth it.

The two of them often ran in wolf form and when they shifted back, she would admire her mate's compact body and the way that it rippled with restrained power. She would constantly have to fight her arousal around him just to keep herself in check.

Vince, if he noticed, never teased her or led her on. He was usually so calm, that she sometimes wondered if he was actually attracted to her at all. When she'd returned from her shopping trip he'd carried her packages home for her, and he'd dutifully placed each bag where she'd instructed him to. She had moved what little she had into his bedroom closet earlier that day but she'd noted that he seemed a bit nervous afterward, which was uncharacteristic for him.

Maybe having her move in was not such a great idea Vince thought to himself. There was no way he would be able to control himself with her so close to him all the time. She was his woman and not claiming her was already a challenge for him. He'd go insane with her scent surrounding him all the time and yet being unable to touch her and have her the way he wanted and needed to. Meanwhile, Amari was chattering happily about the shopping trip that afternoon while Vince was trying to think of anything that would help keep his arousal at bay, but it was a useless exercise. At one point while putting one of the little knick knacks she'd purchased on a side table she'd bent over giving him a perfect view of her luscious behind and he lost the battle he'd been having with himself and let out a low growl.

Vince battled his wolf for control but his human half was barely able to hold on as her scent enveloped him. He had to have her; there was no point in lying to himself or offering up platitudes. By this time tomorrow, Amari Jael would be Amari Loess, the mate of Vince.

"Amari," he whispered and she turned around and smiled at him.

Standing before him Amari teased, "Do you want me Vince?" His low growl was all the response she needed and she slowly removed her top never once taking her eyes off his face as she performed her task. When she saw his nostrils flare and his eyes darken as she revealed her body to him a thrill shot right through her body and settled in between her thighs.

Amari stood up quickly as her wolf sensed her mate's reaction and her body became even more enflamed. She was no longer able to keep her wants under control, so she stopped talking and stalked closer to her mate.

As always Vince tried to be the voice of reason by summoning up the last shreds of restraint he possessed and trying to talk her down. "Baby, I think we better take a few minutes and try and cool down," he suggested. "Otherwise, things might go further than you're really ready for them too."

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,297 Followers