To Become a Hunter Ch. 01

Story Info
Warrn's tale begins.
3.8k words
4.44
5.9k
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/14/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Warrn Whit moved through the trees in a crouch, trying his best not to be noticed while still moving with some speed. The speed that he was moving with made the care of each footfall more important. Warrn looked up to the sky through the canopy and saw the purples and indigos that told of the coming night. Soon a horn would echo through the woods, the sign the the last trial Warrn could participate in was over. All he had to do was reach the gathering place that was set up south of Oakrin to pass. If he did he would become a member of the Gray Cloaks, the elite guard of Harn.

This was the third, and final, time that Warrn was taking the trials. Every young man or woman could take the trials after their third birthday. Those that passed became a part of the Gray Cloaks. Those that failed had another attempt the next year. They could attempt this until their nineteenth birthday, and could choose when to take the trails, but could only take them once a year. Warrn had reached his eighteenth birthday two months earlier and that meant that this trial was the last that he could take. If he failed here he would have to find something else to do with his life. He looked up at the sky again, reaching up to brush a lock of brown hair out of his eyes as he leaped over a fallen log.

The landing on the other side was a little more noise than he wanted, but he couldn't waste any more time. He had been turned around and had realized it with enough time to get back going in the right direction. The trial was failed through two means. The first was not making it to the gathering point before the horn sounded. The second, and less likely to happen was getting called out by one of the adjudicators watching for them in the woods. That was how he had failed the first trial. It had all been Tabi's fault.

Tabitha Glen had grown up with Warrn. The two were always together whenever they could take the chance. At three months older than Warrn, Tabi had taken the trials first. She had passed without a problem, and had quickly made a name for herself amongst the younger members of the Gray Cloaks. Still she took the time to help Warrn train when she could. The problem had been that she was assigned to be an adjudicator for Warrn's first trail. Instead of doing what she should have done she thought it would be funny to play a trick on Warrn. She knew all about his habits while in the woods and used that to find him and disqualify him from the trials that first year. Afterward she had been sorry, and Warrn really couldn't blame her for what she had done.

The second year was about the same as this one. He had gotten all turned around during the trial and by the time he figured out what had happened he had heard the horn sounding. The failure that year had hit him harder than the failure the previous one. He had slunk off into the woods and found a place to wallow in his agony. An hour later Tabi found him and brought him back to the city. She had promised to help him work on his wood lore so that the same thing wouldn't happen again. Tabi had helped him train whenever she had a chance, and Warrn had learned a better way of getting his bearings when in the woods. He couldn't fail her this year. He had to pass.

He didn't think he was that far from the gathering spot. He picked up the pace, not worrying as much about where his feet were coming down as he made his way toward his goal. He leapt another fallen log, and felt something catch his left foot. His body pitched forward and the ground came rushing up to meet him. Warrn slammed into the ground face first, a burst of white filling his vision as the rest of his body crashed into the forest floor. He rolled over and groaned in pain. A couple blinks of the eyes and he realized that everything had gone black. He reached up with both hands and felt a little ooze at the tips of his fingers. Still that didn't explain why he couldn't see anything. He blinked his eyes again and again but nothing changed.

Then he realized that he still had to move. He rolled back over and started crawling on his hands and knees through the forest. As he moved forward he realized that his vision was slowly coming back, but everything was a blur. Still he had to make it to the gathering point. He had to pass the trials. A pain shot through his left hand as he set his weight fully on a sharp edge of a rock, he felt the rock slip into his hand and then pull out as he kept moving forward. It felt weird but something else drew his attention. He thought he heard someone snicker, then the sound of a twig snapping. He jerked his head up, and instantly felt horrible.

"Is there somebody there?" Warrn blinked his eyes, trying to relieve the pain, he felt something dripping from his nose and could only hope that it was snot. "I need help."

The only response he got was more snickering and then the sound of somebody walking away. He saw what he thought was someone moving away from him through the trees, but couldn't be sure. His head felt weird. He was having problems focusing. What was he doing out here anyway? He closed his left eye as some fluid started to run between the corner and the bridge of his nose. He reached up and rubbed at it and his hand came away feeling even more sticky than it had before. Why was he on his knees? He tried to stand and crumbled back to the ground, shooting his right hand down to slow his fall. A pain shot up his arm as it didn't seem to slow him at all. He went to try and crawl again, but his right arm screamed out in pain as he put weight on it and he collapsed to the ground with a scream. The sound of the horn echoing through the trees didn't even register with him.

______________________________

Tabitha Glen stood waiting in the gathering ground when the horn sounded. She reached up and pulled back the hood of the Gray Cloak, the item that gave the group their name, exposing her shoulder length auburn hair. Her blue eyes scanned the group that had passed and frowned when she realized that Warrn wasn't a part of it. She had been sure that Warrn would do so. She walked over to one of the barrels that marked the gathering place and had to leap up, due to her 5'5 stature, to sit on the top. She let the cloak fall away from her shoulder, exposing the gray sleeveless shirt she was wearing underneath it. She sighed as she began to wait for Warrn to show up. Hopefully he wouldn't hide like he did last year.

"No sign of Warrn?" The voice caused Tabi to turn around and look at the Captain of her squad. Patrice Kilbray stood a little over 6' and was constantly wearing clothing that showed off the natural curves of her grapefruit sized breasts and curvacious bottom. Even with the curves her body was made up of lithe muscles, worked to ensure sped in action. Tabi was faster, but her body wasn't as developed. Her breasts were the size of apples, but Tabi only cared if Warrn noticed them anyway. It was fine for Patrice to flaunt her body. Tabi would always be better at stealth and blending in than the beauty that was in charge of the squad.

"I guess he didn't pass again." Tabi looked down toward the ground. She didn't realize how depressed she actually was about it until that moment.

"Shame." Patrice responded as she set her hand on Tabi's right shoulder. "We could have really used his bow and trapping skills."

"I guess it was just not meant to be." Tabi turned back to look out into the woods. Some of the first failures were beginning to make their way out of the forest. Most of them were sixteen and this test was their first. Still Tabi could see the distress that came with not passing. She had never felt that feeling personally. Instead she had passed her first trial and had quickly shown off her skills in the following months. Now she was considered one of the best Gray Cloaks in Oakrin. Something that had drawn attention from men that she only wanted from Warrn. Now that Warrn had failed it would only get worse as other Gray Cloaks attempted to win her heart. Her heart already belonged to Warrn though, no matter if he was a Gray Cloak, or as it turned out to be was not. "He will be heartbroken though."

"Craid will be happy." Patrice gave a small smile that showed she sympathized with Tabi. "He has always said that Warrn wasn't Gray Cloak material. Now he will return his focus to the fact that a Gray Cloak should only be with another Gray Cloak."

"Craid Mareth is an ass." Tabi scowled as she noticed him walking out of the woods. "He believes what he is going to believe."

"I know you have feelings for Warrn. He might have a point though." Patrice turned and looked at Craid. "He looks a little more smug than usual."

Tabi turned and looked at Craid for the first time since he walked out of the treeline. He did have a smug grin on his face, something that was usual to see on the twenty year old. It had a lot to do with the muscles that seemed layer on his body, and the seemingly chiseled face. To most of the other younger Gray Cloaks Craid was the finest looking man. To Tabi his attitude was too large for her to ignore. He smiled as he walked up to Tabi and leaned forward. "I see that the pathetic waste of time didn't pass." He leaned back to gauge Tabi's reaction and then turned to look at Patrice. "You look as fine as always Captain."

"Don't try to flatter me." Patrice shook her head. She jerked her thumb over her left shoulder, her right hand gripping Tabi's shoulder a little tighter. "Go report." Craid smiled and blew Tabi a kiss as he spun around Patrice. He smacked the Captain's ass as he did and started whistling as he moved deeper into the gathering ground. "I have a bad idea about this."

"So do I." Tabi turned and looked at the few remaining failures as they came out of the trees. "I think I am going to go looking for Warrn." Tabi pitched forward and dropped to her feet. She made her way forward before realizing that Patrice was following her. "You should stay here Captain. You have other duties to perform that I do not."

"Wait here then." Patrice turned and looked back into the gathering spot. Her bluish green eyes centering on a tall lithe looking man that was talking to some of the other Gray Cloaks. "Darin! Can I have a moment of your time!" Darin Dunliegh turned and looked over at Patrice and nodded. He said his goodbyes to the others and then made his way toward Tabi and Patrice as a quick trot. The 6'6 blond hair man was the only male member of Patrice's squad. He considered the three women in his squad as his sisters, and would do mostly anything for them.

"How can I help you Captain?" Darin smiled as he pulled up to a stop. He nodded to Tabi. Of all the members of the squad she felt the safest with Darin. This was due in large part to how he had protected her from a drunken Craid six months earlier. That and he treated here as a younger sister. "Are you alright Tabi?"

"Warrn didn't come back." Tabi looked down at the ground, a panic started to fill her chest. He had promised that he would get to the gathering grounds as quickly as possible even if he didn't pass. Then when Craid had come back all happy that Warrn had failed her fears had started to increase.

"Speak no more little sister." Darin pulled Tabi into a hug. "I'll help you find him." He looked over at Patrice and mouthed the word "Craid." Patrice nodded. "Ill take care of her. We'll find Warrn and bring him back."

"Don't stay out there too long." Patrice turned and started to make her way back toward the gathering grounds. The ceremony honoring the newest members of the Gray Cloaks would start soon and Tabi was right. As a Captain Patrice could not afford to miss the ceremony. If she did she would be punished.

Darin let Tabi go and they moved off into the woods at a quick pace. Since they didn't have to worry about stealth, they didn't have to worry about making noise. The sounds of twigs snapping and rocks rolling across the forest floor met their ears as they moved through the trees. Tabi in the lead trying to look around for any sign of her friend. She felt the despair that somewhere in the back of her mind something was wrong with Warrn. She couldn't tell what it was, but she knew that she needed to find him. A tear formed as she ran, her heart and chest tight at the thought that she might lose him. She slid to a stop as the sound of someone groaning came from the right. She held up her hand and Darin came to a stop next to her. "Did you hear that?"

"Sounded like it came from over there." Darin turned and moved off quickly through the trees. He paused as Tabi started to move and then spun around and pulled her into a hug again. "Tabi. Before I let you go you need to breath."

"What's wrong?"

"I'm going to let you know that it is Warrn. He is alright, but we need to get him back to Oakrin as quickly as possible." Tabi looked up at Darin in horror as he said this. He pulled her tighter into his body and lifted her as he spun back around. He slowly spun her around, making sure to keep a hold of both shoulders. Even with the warning Tabi wasn't ready for the sight that came to her eyes.

Warrn lay on the ground, his body a wreck. His face was covered in blood, still pumping from a wound over his left eye starting above his eyebrow. That wasn't the only wound that was evident from a first look. His right arm was bent at a weird angle, obviously broken. The last evident wound was somewhere on his left hand, which was as red as his face. He whimpered as he opened his eyes and looked around, his blue eyes starring off into the distance, looking out of focus. Tabi moved forward and knelt next to him. "It is going to be okay." She laid her hand on his shoulder, tears pouring down her cheeks as Darin ran back to the gathering grounds for help.

______________________________

Warrn lay on the ground in pain when he heard the sound of footsteps approaching. He opened his eyes in an attempt to look around but everything was still a blur. His head was screaming in pain as he tried to focus on the form of something moving toward him. A moment later he thought he heard a deep voice, but everything sounded garbled to his ears. He lay on his back, pain radiating up his right arm, still not really understanding what was happening. He felt a soft touch on his shoulder, a voice calling out to him from what must have been miles away. He rolled toward the presence, closed his eyes again and let sleep take him.

______________________________

Patrice looked down at Warrn with a look of pain on her face. She had never seen anything like this from the trials, and was sure that Craid had something to do with it. She couldn't accuse him of actually doing anything without proof, but the fact that Warrn was so hurt only added to her hatred for the man. "How is he?" She looked over at the medic who had tended to Warrn when he returned.

"I set his arm and stitched up the wounds in his hand and on his face." The medic turned to look at Warrn. "He has a concussion. He will need to be monitored for the next couple days until he starts to go back to the way he was. I doubt he will remember anything from just before the incident or after until his head starts to mend."

"How is Tabi doing?" Darin asked as he walked into the room and looked down at Warrn.

"You shouldn't have left her with him alone." Patrice shot a irritated glance at Darin.

"It was either leave her or have her come back to get help."

"I understand that." Patrice sat down in the chair next to Warrn's bed. "I sent her home. She needs to sleep."

"I don't known if she will be able to." Darin frowned and reached up to rub at the short blond hair one the top of his head.

"If there is any time that Craid will try to take advantage of her it will be now." Patrice sighed. "Can you stand guard outside of her door?"

Darin didn't answer, he just nodded and then turned and left the room. Patrice turned her attention back to Warrn and reached out and ran her left hand through his hair. "You poor boy. You shouldn't have so much trouble in your life." Patrice turned to the medic and smiled. "You can go about your business. I will call for you if anything changes."

The medic turned and looked back at Patrice and smiled as she brought a cup of greenish liquid over and set it on the table next to Warrn. "If he starts to feel pain again have him drink this. Call me if he wakes up."

"Of course." Patrice waited for the medic to leave and then walked over to the door. She made sure it was shut before walking back toward Warrn. Her arms reached down to cross over her chest as she grabbed the bottom hem of her shirt. A quick tug and the shirt was off and on the floor. She moved to Warrn's side and placed her hand on his. "You remind me so much of your brother. I miss him so much." Patrice leaned over and gave Warrn a kiss. The contact caused him to stir a little, but he didn't open his eyes and he didn't seem to know what was happening. Her hand slid down his chest, feeling the muscles underneath his shirt as she moved her hand down to his groin.

Her hands wrapped around his cock, massaging it to life as she looked back over her shoulder toward the door. She knew in the back of her mind that she shouldn't do this. Warrn just reminded her so much of Elrin, his older brother by eight years. Elrin had disappeared two years earlier while patrolling the area around the border with the Duchy of Orne. The only sign of his squad was the dead body of Patridge Dunnal. Patrice hadn't taken a real lover since then. Sure she had had some flings but nobody really flipped her switches since Elrin. Now for some reason she couldn't help but feel attracted to Warrn. She smiled as she felt his cock start to stir in her hand. Hopefully Warrn would be able to give her the release that she truly needed.

Patrice's smile grew even larger, along with Warrn's member. Soon it was a long turgid 7 inches, and Patrice felt a shudder run through her body at the thought of it entering her. She stood and shucked off her pants, reveling a crop of strawberry blond hair over her soaking lips. She leaned over Warrn and carefully moved his pants so that his cock sprang out into the open. She looked back to the door one last time before she threw her leg over the bed that Warrn was laying on and impaled herself on him. A gasp broke free from her mouth as she sunk until he was seated all the way to the hilt. A pleasure she hadn't felt in so long washed over her as she felt herself let go.

A wave of pleasure shook her along with the orgasm that she hadn't been ready for. She looked around the room as her body filled with ecstasy. She started to move again, slowly at first, looking down at the sleeping face of her friend's love. She leaned down and kissed his forehead, grabbing his left hand and bringing to her breast in the process. The rough ridges of the stitches that had closed the inch and a half gash in his palm played over her nipples, making her shudder again. Her sped picked up with her pleasure, her pussy dripping now as she came again and again. Sweat started to bead on her forehead as she rubbed Warrn's hand over her breasts, first the right then the left and then back to the right.

Patrice heard a knock come from the door and her eyes widened, but she was already far to gone. She threw her head back as another orgasm overtook her, this time Warrn joining her. She felt his seed as it shot out ropes into her. Her orgasm caused her to shake as she gripped Warrn's hand tightly to her. She reached up with her left hand and bit down on the knuckle of her first finger. Still her squeal of pleasure escaped her lips as she continued to shake over Warrn's body. Finally it passed, still Warrn was stiff inside of her and Patrice leaned forward to lay overtop, keeping his cock solidly inside of her. She reached down and grabbed a blanket from the floor and pulled it over her and Warrn. "Sorry Tabi. I just couldn't help it." Patrice frowned as her lips caressed Warrn's. He was her's. It didn't matter if he remembered.