To Freeze Fire Ch. 06

Story Info
Mia discovers The secret Michael has been hiding.
5.2k words
4.75
7.5k
11

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 02/24/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The black truck pulled into the drive thru of a burger stand at the side of the road. They had been on the road for hours, and now, roughly about 8 at night, he had apparently decided that it was time for dinner. Though her stomach growled, and her limbs were even weak from not eating for so long, she had no appetite. So when he inquired what she wanted, she told him she wasn't hungry.

Her belly quickly protested, growling loud enough for him to hear.

'Traitor,' she growled internally back at her stomach. Rolling his eyes, he ordered one deluxe hamburger, a small fry, and a coke. After receiving the goods, he pulled around into the parking lot, and handed her the bag of food and drink. Thinking she must have heard incorrectly, she checked the bag again. There was only enough food here for one person. "Aren't you going to eat something?"

She looked over towards him, finding his arm starched so that his head was cradled in his left hand, his elbow propped up near the window. Keeping his head faced in front of them, he answered quietly, "Not hungry. Go ahead and eat."

Unable to ignore the ach in her stomach any longer, she commenced to be a good little captive, doing as she was told. Throughout the time it took her to eat, he said nothing. In fact, they still sat stationary while long after she had finished eating.

There was another, more odd ache that rose in her chest when she thought that he was just going to give her over to her Father, knowing what fate she would be doomed to, armed or not. Her feelings, as irrational as it was, were hurt. What was even worse, she realized, was the thought of not being able to see him again. Not being able to feel the rush, and even annoying embarrassment she felt around no other.

Her head turned to him, "What are thinking?" No answer. He kept staring out through the front windshield, in a way that reminded her of when she had told him about her past. She scoffed, feeling annoyed to think that she out of them two of them, had crossed the line. "Okay, don't tell me. But since we are so close to my Father, if you don't mind, I would like to stop and get something I could defend myself with."

"You're half human." He stated, seemingly off topic at first. "And as such, you shouldn't have inherited your Father's abilities. But somehow, you did. You ask me for something to defend yourself with, and the sickest part, is the most powerful thing you have on your side, I could never give you."

Her eyebrows came together, "I—I don't understand."

"And that's exactly why you don't stand a chance. There are rules about half breeds Mia, they are normally gotten rid of the moment they are born," his tone sounded on the verge of anger. "When your Father told me he had chosen to keep you around, there was no reason to inform me what you were. Yet he did. You had no idea about being part ice mage until I mentioned it earlier, did you? You probably can't even control it which is the only reasonable explanation as to why you think you would need something to protect yourself with."

If she could turn invisible, she would have chosen to do so now. "The morning after I turned 18 has always haunted me. It's probably the second most vivid memory I have. When I got back into the car to catch my breath after my Father told me about the engagement that evening on my eighteenth birthday, I had stolen his keys. Like a complete idiot, the place I chose to drive to was back home. A guess, a part of me thought he was drunk. That maybe if I went to sleep in my bed, when I woke up, everything would be back to the shitty norm. But then, the following morning, he woke me by hammering on the door with his hands. I knew I couldn't live there anymore. I couldn't marry a stranger. So I packed up, and climbed out onto the roof from my window. When my Father made a grab for me, I place my hands on his, and it was like a current running through me. His hands turned blue, and he released me. Then I fell from the roof.." She tried to keep her voice from trembling, though she couldn't erase the fear she still felt the moment she started to freefall, and thankfully land on a seemingly soft bush that slowed her down. "It was the first time I had ever froze anything. From that day on, I was on the run, not knowing what I was. Or what I did to deserve it."

After a moment, Michael started the car, and they were back on the highway, heading in the direction her old house was in. It was over. Her father would either kill her for running away, or worse, she would live to see the day where she was wed against her will.

They spent all twenty minutes on the road before he turned on a dirt road, leading them somewhat nosily to their destination. Beside him in the passenger's seat, she remained silent, thinking over what he had told her. 'They're not Ice mages,' he had said, 'They're vampires.'

At last, approximately a mile down the dirt road, the car came rolling to a stop in front of a paint chipped building. "What are we doing here?" she asked, breaking the silence, "I thought you were taking me home."

Those beautiful eyes of his remained on the house, his jaw clenched as he spoke the following words In a whisper. "Don't speak until we get inside, and I give you the okay. We may have been followed."

Watching his example, she got out of the car, and approached the house. Before they had reached the door, she spotted something metal that reflected the moonlight in his hand. Once on the porch, she realized it was a key.

The itch to ask if this was where he lived, threatened to come out, but she remembered his warning. That they may have been followed. And if they had...

If she thought the outside of the house looked like it was in bad shape, the inside was by far, worse. There was cracks in the molding along the walls, which had also been tagged by numerous gangs who attempted to claim territory, almost all of the tiles on the floor were cracked, some uprooted completely.

Closing the door behind them, she followed him into what looked like it would be the master bedroom, which only contained an endtable that was missing one leg, propped up against the wall,beneath a small window, and a very soiled carpet she couldn't tell the original color of. She watched somewhat baffled as he began to pull at the carpet, revealing a hidden handle in the floor.

He proceed to pull on the handle, lifting the small door section out and away from the floor, and gestured at her, like he wanted her to go down. She raised a brow, mouthing, "I can't see a thing."

Rolling his eyes, he crawled into the passageway, near silent thuds making his footsteps echo down what appeared to be a staircase. Looking up to her, he gestured at the door he had lifted from the floor, that was pointing up on its hinges, offering her a pale hand. she grabbed it, ignoring the feelings touching him gave her as she, with some diffucultly lifted it over them. As the seam of the door meet the carpet, thelast ray of moonlight, and her vision, was stolen from her. She could feel his fingers tightening on hers, guiding her through the dark as if he had memorized the topography of the walls, and knew exactly where to step.

Being submerged in this darkess only made the thoughts that had been running throughher mind the moment their skin had touched, come alive. All of the things he could do to her in such darkness, heightening the frightening and unforgiveably erotic nature of how he carried himself. Biting her lower lip, she tried to keep her wits about her, her nipples hardening despite the feeble attempt.

Without warning, he came to a stop, almost causing her to trip and fall on him. Ahead of them, she heard something shift, and latched onto his hand tighter when a rush of air hit her face softly. Shortly after this, he moved them forward five more steps, befoe stopping once more.

"Stay here," he whispered, releasing her hand, "I have a couple of oil lamps down here. I'll light them."

Reluctantly, she let go, and bit her lower lip. Sure enough, true to his word, not thirty seconds later, a match was struck, and she turned around to see an oil lamp being rekindled. As he turned up the wick, light flooded the room, and she began to look around.

Just beneath the house, they stood in a medium sized room, with a door at each end. One, where they had come in, and another she had no clue where it lead. This room, completely differed from the condemned living space above. It was approximately 13X16 feet, with light grey walls, a dresser, and a linen covered object she was sure was a queen sized mattress. Even the floors were fairly clean, telling her someone had been here in the last few weeks.

"Do you live here?" she asked coyly, as he took the oilcloth off the mattresses, revealing an obviously worn comforter and pillow.

He raised a brow, and didn't respond. Instead, he pointed to the other door, she had been curious about, "The bathroom is in there. Its best to keep the door closed in the closet space next to it, once I turn the generator on."

She watched with her eyebrows coming together as he proceeded to edge towards the door they had come from, "Why are you telling me this?"

He didn't respond, seeming to conceal all emotion, causing her to guess by her surroundings. There were no weapons, nothing she could defend herself with. At least, not that he was pointing out to her like he said he was going to go. Which opened the possibility of one thing to her. "You're not taking me back to my Father?"

"You asked for something to defend yourself, and this is the best I way I can figure out how to presently. We'll be sleeping here tonight. I have some things I need to figure out before any decisions are made." He said, as if it would answer all of her questions, opening the door he stood by,

"What decisions?" she asked in a small voice, trying to get him to look her in the eye as she moved her head downwards.

Instead of rendering herself successful in the attempt, he kept his gaze deliberately elsewhere as he spoke, "I'll be back soon."

"Wait a second." She growled as he shut the door behind him, leaving her unattended, alone In this room. Her hand reached for the door handle, and tried to turn it.

It didn't budge.

Stuck? She tried again, and then more forcibly tried to turn the handle. "Your locking me in here?!"

"I'm sorry," he whispered, "Where I'm going I can't take you. And I can't risk you leaving, it's too dangerous for both of us. I'll be back soon."

"God damn it Michael," she yelled, "Let me out of here!"

There was no response, but she could hear the echo as his footsteps took him up the passage, and up to the ground level of the house. Confusion of his motives made her tense, and claustrophobia, which had previously never been a problem, set in.

After she was reasonable sure he was gone, she attempted to freeze the handle, but couldn't get the ice to spread past a couple of inches past the handle. The attempt of recreating what her father had done all those years ago was a lame attempt, but she still, for the sake of knowing, she had to try.

She took a seat on his bed, wondering if she would live to survive the next couple of days. She was sure, she would be at her Father's this eve. What Michael was delaying the inevitable for, she wasn't sure. He had nothing to lose by handing her over, and so much to gain.

The thought of them being so close to her home, only made fear sneak into her veins, making her wonder if Michael was going to get her Father. And what was worse, she had no chance of fleeing.

She woke to the sound of footsteps, making her abruptly take in her surroundings. She was in the basement of an Abandoned house, where Michael had left her. Not so far away, she heard at footsteps made their way down the stairway, making her blood boil. She was mad far sooner than she was afraid about what his return could mean. He had been gone long enough for her to cool down, and fall asleep. So much for "being back soon."

The anger she felt began to leave as she stood up, and heard the footsteps on the staircase again, only she could also hear another set, right outside the door. She watched, now fearfully, as the person on the other side turned the handle. Michael had a key, and wouldn't need to turn it to know it was locked. Which meant only one thing as far as she was concerned. The person on the other side of the door, was not Michael.

She made a quick dart to the opposite door, and despite it being dark, she locked the door, feeling safer here by a thread more, than out there. She crawled inside what she knew had to be the tub, laying down so she would possibly be out of view to anyone who came peeping inside.

As a foolish notion, she pulled the curtain around the edge, giving her less of a chance to be discovered. Though something inside her warned that if these people were going as far to track her down in the middle of nowhere, it was reasonable to think they wouldn't overlook checking every part of the house. Including the tub she lay in.

Her whole body tensed as a huge splintering bang, filtered through the room. Instantly, as she tucked herself flatter against the cold enamel surface, wishing she could somehow sink into it fully, disappear. Fear of being caught made her skin chill, face coating her entire body. She bit down to keep her teeth from chattering, trying her best to keep silent as the people who had destroyed the door, were now inside where she had laid asleep before awakening to the noises they made.

"She was here not so long ago," a male voice stated, making her heartbeat race ever faster, "The bed is still warm."

Footsteps just outside of the bathroom drew closer, and closer until she could hear the handle being twisted, and then to her horror pop open. She shut her eyes for a split second. Inwardly she knew it was fear that kept her eyes from closing again, needing to see her impending doom. The outside light from the bedroom cast a shadow of the man now inside the bathroom, on the shower curtain. From it, she could see no visible weapons in his hands, and all she had to do, was reach out, freeze him. He was for her taking. But it was the unknown variable of the other person in the bedroom that kept her from bolting with this plan. The other person could have weapons, or worse...

She began to brace herself, trying to calm her fast beating heart when the curtain was pulled back, she was then staring in to the eyes of stranger. With a thick swallow, she regarded him with a fearful gaze as he reached for her, a smile playing on his lips. "Hello Mia," he said loud enough for the other person in the bedroom to become aware he had found her. "Let's walk out of here together, so no one gets hurt."

Looking over the dark hair and pale complexion of this man, there was no doubt in her mind about what he was. When his hands touched the bottom of her chin, all her suspicions were confirmed. These people were vampires. Creatures that could snap her neck in one touch. Even so, the fact that they thought she would go easy, amused her. Part of her was sure they wouldn't be allowed to harm her, because her Father obviously wanted her home so she could marry.

She wasn't sure what possessed her to do so, but suddenly, she spat in his face, the saliva turning to ice sprinkling cold shards shattering in his face, as she told him wistfully, "You can go to hell. I'm not cattle to be sold off to anyone, and I refuse to be taken as such."

There was a quick rush of air, signaling movement, that being the only warning aside from the cold finger tips at her neck.

The moment he took ahold of her throat, there was a blur, and she was sudden in the air, choking as she lifted by her throat from the tub. She could feel the Ice race down from her arms, collecting in her hands, and without meaning to, she felt the energy slip from her fingertips, and pass onto the creature who held her suspended midair.

There was a loud scream as the vampire yanked his hand back, tossing her out of the bathroom, and into the bedroom. Like a rubber ball, her body bounced once before thudding to the ground where she stayed, the breath knocked from her, her head exploding with pain.

Darkness tugged at the corners of her eyes, and as she lifted her head, she felt the room swirl about her. She turned to face the men who approached her, as the one who once threatened to harm her, shook his hand.

"Little bitch tried to freeze my hand." He cursed, "Zael neglected to tell us she had the Ice Mage ability."

"Most half breeds don't." the other man said softly, "It sounds like an honest lack of knowledge on his part."

She found herself backing against a wall, trying to find something to defend herself with. Finally she came across the oil lamp. If she used that, half her light would be gone, and not to mention the possibility of burning to death held little appeal. But if it was that over going home, she knew what she would chose.

"She's too dangerous conscious." The man who held his frostbitten hand growled, licking his lips, "Perhaps we should weaken her. Besides I haven't fed in a couple of nights, and im starving."

The other shook his head, "Zael was clear. She is not to be harmed in anyway. If we knock her out, we might be able to get away with saying she did that to herself trying to get away."

"Fine," the frostbitten one said, "but I get to knock her out. You hear that, little girl? There's no sense in running anymore. Nothing is going to stop this peace treaty from going through. Least of all some half human brat."

The other gestured his hands towards her, inviting him to approach her, and the frostbitten one, did so. Just as he drew close, the world starting to go black, making her slump to the floor. Fighting to keep consciousness, she saw as someone else, perhaps a third vampire charged his way towards them, from the entrance.

It took her a moment, as knives, and blurs came about, that it was her defender, her captor. Michael suddenly became apparent, and still as one of the two vampires on either side of him, crumbled to ash. Just before the ashes wafted into the air, she caught sight of how Michaels hands rested on his forehead, falling to his hands as they became nothing, and turned towards the other remaining.

Another blur, and Michael was suddenly behind this vampire. The screams of the vampire were short lived as her saviors hand came up, and a crack echoed down the hall as he snapped his neck, flames emerging from his palms, making the same scent of scorched flesh reach her nose, she had first inhaled back in the hotel room, where Michael had saved her from her kidnapper.

Surely thinking her eyes must be playing tricks on her because of her desperate attempts to stay awake, in addition to the concussion she was sure to have suffered, she let a little gasp, when she closed her eyes, opening them to find her laying on Michaels lap on the bed.

Instead of fear, she was staring at him in wonder. Wonder concerning two proximate things, one being why he looked like the monsters he had just saved her from. And two, why he held her like she might break in his hands. Softly, so softly.

One hand reached up, grasping his chin, while taking her thumb, and pulling down his lower lip slightly to get a better view. "Why didn't you tell me you could control fire?"

"You didn't need to know." He said shamefully, like she had just caught him doing the most deceitful thing imaginable. "And if I had been able to control myself, I would have kept it that way. But now, I guess the cats out of the bag."

Minutes passed in which she tried to keep herself awake, filling the time with questions she couldn't fathom actually voicing aloud. "W—what are you?"

"I think you have some idea, or you wouldn't have asked."

"I need to hear you say it." She whispered softly, wincing as he brushed the bump already swelling on the top of her head. "It's more than being a able to control fire You move different than them, quicker. you burned them as they tried to touch you before they could even try to defend themselves. How?"

12