Todd & Marty's New Beginning Ch. 05

Story Info
Tina comes to Todd's rescue and posts his bail.
6.8k words
3.86
8.9k
1

Part 5 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/29/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's Note: This is the love story of Marty and Todd starting from the very beginning when they first met in college. It also includes several other characters as well as their storylines. This story will be submitted in several parts and is based off the hit soap One Life to Live, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all the parts of this story will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot. First and foremost, this story is a romance/drama, not a sex story. This story also deals with the topic of nonconsensual sex, so if you are bothered by that please do not read any further.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own ABC's One Life to Live or the characters and I will NOT be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

Please do not forget to vote!

*~*

Marty had been leaning back against the pillows when there was a knock at the door and a voice announced Vicki's presence. "Yes, come in!" Marty called out as a visit from Vicki was always welcome. She truly liked Megan's family.

Vicki came into the room, giving Marty a gentle smile. "Hello, dear," she said, taking Marty's hand in hers. "I just want you to know I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry about what happened the other night. Kevin and Megan have been so worried about you."

"If there's anything I can do... anything at all, you just say the word. I care so much about you, Marty, and if nothing else, I'd like to be here, just so you have a friend you can talk to, someone you can trust," Vicki said kindly.

"But before I say anything else... there is something you need to know...."

"Todd Manning, one of the men who raped you, is my younger brother," Vicki stated.

"Thank you Vicki," Marty said. "You've all been so kind ... Megan, Kevin and you."

"I will keep that in mind," Marty spoke when Vicki said she could talk to her at any time. Yet when Vicki mentioned that Todd was her brother, Marty's eyes went wide with surprise.

"Yeah, I was shocked and surprised, too. I just found out. Todd doesn't even know yet," Vicki explained. "He was given up for adoption when he was just a baby. My father was ... not a very good man, and his mother Irene only wanted to protect him. But with the recent reading of my father's will, we need to tell Todd that he's set to inherit a great deal of my father's fortune."

"Marty, I don't know Todd well at all. I only know him through Kevin and Megan... and he did come over one night to have dinner at my house. Come to think of it, you were there that night, too," said Vicki. "I'm going to the jail soon to see Todd... but only because I believe there is good in everyone. I know Todd hurt you, and he should have to pay for his crime.... but despite all that, he's still my brother. If there is any good in him at all, I want to be a sister to him."

Marty sighed deeply. "I understand," she told Vicki. "He needs help and if you can be there for him in any way I think you should. I just don't know what to think about him. He told me he's in love with me and acted that way because he was on drugs... and it's all just so complicated now that I'm pregnant, too."

"There is mental illness in our family, that's what worries me," Vicki admitted. She then nodded when Marty spoke of her pregnancy.

"Yes, Megan told me you are expecting. That means I am going to be the little one's aunt," Vicki stated as she took Marty's hand into hers. "I'd like you to consider coming to live with me, Marty. I can help you with the baby. It would be wonderful having a new baby in the house again. It's been so very long since Jessi was a baby. And Jessi would love having you, too. You know how she adores you."

"If Todd's hooked on drugs, he definitely needs help. I will go to him, see what I can do. I'm so sorry that things are so complicated now... but I have a feeling that everything will eventually get better," said Vicki.

Marty smiled when she heard Vicki's comforting words. "Thank you, Vicki, I'd like that. I could use all the help I can get and I'd love spending time with Jessi, too," she said.

"Please do what you can for him. I hope once he knows he has family that cares, he'll change."

"That's what I'm really worried about. We don't really know what sort of family he was adopted into.... maybe he's never had anyone who truly cared," Vicki replied. "But what about you, Marty? I know he hurt you the night of the Spring Fling, but obviously, you knew him before that considering you are three months along with his child. You probably know him better than anyone. Do you think he can change?"

"He wouldn't let me get to know him; he could be pretty cruel sometimes. I tried to help him to study for the Calculus test. We just had this strong attraction, but when I saw how cruel he really was I ended it and he didn't like that so much...not at all."

Vicki listened as Marty spoke of her complicated relationship with Todd. "Did he hurt you... physically... before the night of the rape? Do you think he's violent?" Vicki asked. "I'm just worried about the future, Marty... if he gets out, he's probably going to want to see his child. And the baby is completely innocent. Todd's going to inherit millions. 37 million to be exact. If there's any chance he could hurt this baby, we need to be prepared."

"No, not physically...he was just rude and mean once he got what he wanted. No regard for my feelings. He only got violent after I ended things. But even after I did end it, I tried to help him study for the calc test, then he failed and blamed me. I don't know what to do I just want to protect this baby."

"So do I, sweetheart," Vicki said as she held Marty's hand and gave it a tender squeeze. "I will help you protect the baby... just as soon as you're ready... you can move in. And when that baby gets here, he or she is going to be so spoiled. Tina might not like you coming to live with us... but it's my house... and she doesn't have a say, not really."

"Now, honey, I need to go. I am going to visit Todd. As soon as you're better, come over and we can make arrangements for you moving in," said Vicki as she bent to kiss Marty's cheek. "Everything is going to be okay, dear. I promise." After giving Marty a quick hug, Vicki left.

Marty felt reassured by Vicki's promise and laid her head down and soon fell asleep. She was totally exhausted and sleep was sounding so good to her right now.

Marty was slept soundly and for the first time since the rape she felt like maybe it would be alright. Things would get better; they had to get better.

*~*

"Surely you don't want to commit suicide, Todd. I know life seems pretty bleak right now... but it can get better," Rebecca spoke to him.

"No, not for me. I fucked my life up... BAD," he spoke as he faltered on the words. "And my dad, he always said he wished I had never been born. I should have died at birth."

"What about your mom, Todd? Didn't she love you?"

"I though she did... but I was wrong. She left me when I was only eight. After she was gone, there was no one to stop the beating.... then.... things just got worse," Todd said, staring at the wall. "My dad started doing other things."

"What sort of other things?" asked Rebecca.

"I don't want to talk about it," he said with a heavy sigh. "Can someone get me some paper? I want to write a letter to Marty."

"A suicide note?" Rebecca questioned worriedly.

"No one would miss me, if I was gone... I'd be doing the whole world a favor."

Rebecca was worried beyond words at Todd's depressed state. "I should get your psychiatrist," she said, starting to get up.

"No, don't leave me. I am having flashbacks," he said, grasping her arm so she wouldn't leave. "I hurt Marty. I raped her."

"Todd, let me go!" Rebecca insisted. In fear, she started screaming for the guard.

Todd let Rebecca go, his eyes flashing with pain. He felt like a monster. No woman in this world would ever want him to touch them again, he was sure of it.

What was there left to live for? Marty was having his baby, but she would never forgive him. He was the monster his father had always accused him of being. He didn't even deserve to draw another breath.

"Todd, I am going to get Ray," Rebecca promised when the guard let her out of Todd's cell.

"Don't tell Ray what we talked about," Todd pleaded as she started walking away.

*~*

Todd was totally freaking out. The walls seemed to be closing in on him in the cell. His attorney and his psychiatrist were no where in sight and Rebecca had left him alone with his flashbacks. He suddenly saw someone standing in the cell beside him.

"Marty, is that you?" Todd asked in shock.

Todd started beating on the bars, begging the guard to let him out. The woman in his cell was Marty and her clothes were torn, her face streaked with tears. "You hurt me, Todd... you raped me," she said. Todd didn't realize that he was having flashbacks of the night of the spring Fling.

The guard had to come in and give Todd a sedative. Finally Todd slept, this time with no nightmares or flashbacks to haunt him. When he woke hours later, he sat up quickly, feeling as though the drugs had finally completely worn out of his system. For the first time in days, he was hungry.

"Hey, what's a guy gotta do to get a little food in here?!" Todd called out to the guard.

After a tray of food was brought to Todd, he began eating like a starving man. He devoured every bite and then started demanding to see either his attorney or his shrink.

*~*

Vicki drove over to the Llanview jail. She went in and asked for a pass to see Todd Manning. "Lady, you don't want to see that guy. He's a rapist," said the guard.

"He may be a rapist, but he's also my brother," Vicki said.

Vicki was taken to Todd's cell. "You're not my lawyer... or my shrink... what do you want?" he asked her ungraciously.

"Ohhh your Kevin Buchanan's mommy. I recognize you. Did he tell you all about how I tied Marty Saybrooke to his bed and raped her?" Todd asked rudely.

"How dare you speak to me like that, Todd!" Vicki exclaimed. "I'm here because I might actually give a damn about you!"

"You give a damn about ME?! You don't even really know me!" Todd growled.

"I'm your sister!" Vicki said quickly.

"Lady, you're wrong," Todd said with a sarcastic chuckle. "I don't have any siblings."

"Todd, didn't anyone ever tell you that you were adopted?"

"Adopted... no. What in the world are you talking about?" Todd demanded, looking more annoyed than anything as he spoke to Vicki.

"Your biological mother, Irene Manning gave up at birth to your adopted parents, Peter and Barbara Manning. Todd, you're actually my younger brother. I didn't believe it at first either. But my sister Tina collected all the evidence," explained Vicki. "You're my brother. Victor Lord was your father."

"You're crazy... I'm not adopted."

"Todd, I can prove everything I am telling you. Tina hired a private investigator. We have your birth records, your adoption certificate. You're a Lord."

As she spoke, Todd started to hope maybe Vicki was right. He had always hated Peter Manning, and he really did hope that man was not his biological father. "So when do I met my dear old dad?" Todd asked, speaking of Victor.

"I'm sorry, Todd. He died. You won't be meeting him," Vicki said.

"Ohhh.... well, why are you telling me all this? After what I did to Marty, I thought you would hate me," spoke Todd.

"Because you and I have a biological tie... and I hope there is some good in you, underneath whatever it is that made you snap the night of the Spring Fling. I care about you... and I care about Marty," spoke Vicki. "I've asked her to live with me, and she's accepted."

"Isn't that just cozy? My big sister taking care of my......" Todd's words trailed off, cause he didn't know what to call Marty. She wasn't exactly his girlfriend, but she was carrying his child. Finally, he finished. "....victim," he spoke, for lack of a better word. "Did she tell you she's going to have my kid?"

"Yes, she did, Todd, and for that baby's sake, you really need to get your act together," Vicki insisted.

"What makes you think you can and will get better?" Todd asked.

"Because Marty told me you're in love with her...."

"That's between me and Marty," Todd said, feeling totally exposed now that this woman claiming to be his sister knew his most intimate emotions when it came to Marty. Todd WAS in love; he admitted that fact to himself now, but he wasn't ready to deal with it all yet. He had no clue what do with it... now that he allowed himself to feel it.

"I grew up believing I was nothing but a monster.... and when I got here to college, I started doing drugs.... to escape the pain of my life," Todd told Vicki. "No more drugs for me now though... I'm seeing everything with a clear head. And I don't like what I see."

"I'm sure you don't, Todd... but you still have a long life to live..... and you could change... you could get better. For Marty and your child."

"Marty hates me after what I did. I can't really blame her..." Todd spoke. "To tell you the truth, before you got here, I was thinking suicide had to be better than this jail cell. I hate it here... I want to die."

"Todd, listen to me. You DO have a future," Vicki said as she looked at him through the bars. "Marty's having your baby. Do you want to see your child someday."

"Sure, I do... but he'll probably hate me too," answered Todd.

"It's the fact that you hate yourself that's the problem, Todd. I must be going now. Just listen to your attorney and do the right thing," said Vicki. "I'll be back."

"Next time can you bring some real food?" Todd asked her. "They've been serving me bread and water in here... and I want a Big Mac."

As she left, Vicki wasn't sure if her talk with Todd was a success or not, but she was certain of one thing. Todd Manning wasn't exactly the "Monster" he kept claiming to be.

*~*

The next day came, and Todd wasn't feeling well. He had a gruesome headache. He was served a cold and tasteless breakfast, and then his psychiatrist Ray came in to ask him a lot of questions.

"So, Todd, what makes you think you are a monster?" Ray said, watching as Todd played with his so-called food.

"My dad.... Peter Manning. That was his pet-name for me. I was his little monster," Todd said sarcastically. "Everything that went wrong, it was always my fault. He would beat me a lot. Sometimes he would hit my mom.... but then she left. I was only eight."

"How did you feel when your mother left?"

"I don't have feelings..." Todd said uncooperatively.

"Okay, let's try this question then. Why did you rape Marty Saybrooke?"

Todd stared at Ray, a look of sheer anger coming to his face. He barely breathed as he imagined his fist making contact with his shrink's face.

*~*

Marty had slept through the night and was up early waiting for Dr. Wolek as she was so ready to check out of the hospital. She could not wait to get a hot shower and clean clothes. As soon as she got home, she planned to call Vicki to make the arrangements to move in.

Knowing Marty would get out of the hospital today, Megan arrived to pick her up. "You're looking so much better," Megan said as she kissed her friend's cheek. "Mom, told me the news. You're going to be just like part of the family."

Marty smiled at her friend. "I'm so glad you're okay with that. I actually really like your mom. She's always been so nice and I could always use the help."

Larry came in, carrying Marty's discharge papers. He smiled at both Marty and Megan. "Just sign on the dotted line," he said. Marty smiled and signed on the dotted line.

Larry smiled at Marty, giving her a hug goodbye. "Take care, Marty," he said before leaving the room.

A nurse pushed Marty in a wheelchair out to Megan's car. As they drove back to their place, Megan spoke to Marty. "My mom thinks a lot of you, Marty. She's very excited about you coming to live at Llanfair with her and the rest of the family. It's a really big place, so you'll get your own room, of course. Right now, my mom lives there, my step-dad, Tina, her sister, her sister's husband Cord Roberts, along with my sister Jessi and my two cousins, Sarah and C.J.," explained Megan. "Everyone is really nice... except for Aunt Tina... Sometimes she can be a real... you-know-what. You might just want to avoid her. I think my mom only puts up with her since she's her sister." Megan laughed softly, rolling her eyes when she though of her aunt Tina who always seemed to be on a perpetual rag.

"Yeah, your mom kindda warned me about her," Marty said.

"I'll be sure to avoid Tina," she said with a small laugh.

"It'll be great though to be around a family that is so secure. I don't have any of my own unless of course you count Kiki," she said, shaking her head.

*~*

After his fiasco visit with his psychiatrist, Todd's attorney came to see him next. "I heard you want to change your plea to guilty," said Nora.

"I do. Memories came back to me from the night of the Spring Fling. Powell Lord III, Zach Rosen, and I did rape Marty Saybrooke," Todd spoke.

"If that's true, I can't be your attorney anymore," Nora said coldly. "You told me you were an innocent man."

Todd laughed loudly. "I don't have an innocent bone in my body. I raped Marty Saybrooke. I tied her to the bed. And I'm a monster."

Todd was flabbergasted when his attorney dropped his case, calling him all sorts of disgusting names. She left angrily, and Todd stood there, not knowing what he should do. He needed money to hire another lawyer and right now his father wasn't in the mood to put forth another dime to help Todd.

"I gotta get out of this place," Todd said to himself as he paced back and forth in the tiny cell. He felt like the walls were closing in on him, squeezing the very breath out of him.

When Ray came to see him, Todd informed him that his attorney had quit. "I need a new lawyer..... and fast...." Todd spoke. "I want out of this place."

"The court will appoint an attorney to take your case. I will see to it immediately," promised Ray. "But Todd, you aren't getting out of here... not for a LONG while. Rape is a very serious offense... and your bail has been set at a quarter of a million dollars."

"Holy Fuck!" Todd exclaimed. He would never raise that kind of money. NEVER. It looked as though he was S.O.L.

*~*

When they got back to the Saybrooke mansion, Megan began helping Marty pack up a few of her things. She walked over to Marty's piano, picking up the framed photograph of Marty with her parents, David and Samantha Saybrooke. She placed the photo in a box, along with a few of Marty's other special mementos.

"Marty, uhhh... I have to tell you, I'd love to stay here at your house and take care of things for you here... but I met this guy... and well, I haven't told anyone yet, but I am moving in with him," said Megan as she smiled when she thought of her new boyfriend.

"His name is Jake, and he's SOOO wonderful. He makes me incredibly happy... and when he asked me to move in with him, I just couldn't refuse," Megan explained. "I know your parents left you this house and everything in it... but with your Aunt Kiki in Ireland and you going to live with my mom, have you ever thought about selling the place?"

"I know Aunt Kiki has been sending you a sizable allowance and my mom will help you out all she can, but with the baby on the way, maybe you will need the extra money," suggested Megan.

Since Marty had grown up in this home, Megan realized it might be hard for Marty to part with the place as well as all the possessions which had once belonged to her parents. "We could put your piano and anything else special in storage, until you are able to get your own place someday..." Megan said. "Someday you'll have the house you've always dreamed of."

12