Too Good To Be True? Ch. 02

Story Info
The truth behind Dante's plan and disappearance.
4.9k words
4.45
19.7k
20

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 06/26/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
miss_kris
miss_kris
31 Followers

Dante sat outside at his favorite café, sipping an espresso and checking email on his phone. He had a little time to kill and decided to take a break between business meetings. It was going to be a long and busy day for him. His father had been handing off more and more of the day-to-day business responsibilities to him lately. Not that he minded. Dante knew he was being groomed to take over the leadership soon. He needed something to keep him busy, he enjoyed the work and had a knack for it.

Dante was the definition of tall, dark and handsome and the three-piece suit he was wearing only aided in drawing the eye of every woman around him. He had caught each of the women in the café staring at him at one point or the other, some more than once. All except one, that was.

Kris sat at the outdoor café, oblivious to everything that was going on around her. She didn't even notice the waitress standing in front of her until the girl spoke.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?"

"Can I get you anything else, miss?"

"No thank you. Just the check please."

Kris was nervously sifting through the papers in front of her, moving between her bag, open laptop and various folders she had spread out on the table. Her graduate school interview was in 1-hour. She was making sure she had everything and was as prepared as possible. Her portfolio and website were queued up on her laptop, she ran through both again and they seemed to be working fine. She had put together professional looking folders with CDs of her work, her CV, statement of intent, and other application requirements. She had enough for the admissions counselor, Dean, and department chair with a few extras just in case. Kris was nothing if not thorough, organized and detail oriented, sometimes to a fault.

She double and triple checked everything and started to mentally prepare herself for the interview; thinking about questions that may be asked of her, reviewing her job and project history and making notes to herself. She had to be perfect. She just had to get accepted to the school. The program was one of the best in the country. She needed a change, needed a challenge and this was just what she was looking for.

Kris looked down at herself one last time, hoping she had made the right choice with her outfit. She was wearing a knee-length, gray pinstripe, pencil skirt, a white button-down blouse with short puffy sleeves and black peep-toe heels. She had on her black, square rimmed glasses which she only wore for reading and computer work. Her hair was down and she had blown it straight that morning. She looked smart, confident and professional; she just needed to calm her nerves.

Dante noticed the woman when he first sat down at the café and didn't give her much thought. But when he realized she was the only woman who had not been stealing glances at him, he began to watch her more intently. The more he observed, the more he noticed how attractive she really was. Her body had curves but they suited her. I do like a woman with something to hold onto, more than skin and bones, he thought to himself and smiled. She had long legs peeking out from her skirt, tan skin and long thick brown hair. Though she was sitting down, he could tell she was probably fairly tall for a woman and wore high heels. Being as big as he was, a petite woman just wouldn't feel right in his arms.

She was dressed for business, but Dante couldn't help but think her outfit was sexy. He watched her, trying to guess what had her so distracted. She had everything spread out in front of her, but appeared very organized and focused. Preparing for a presentation perhaps? The more he watched her, the more drawn to her he became; something beyond mere curiosity that he couldn't explain. She looked up and he got a good look at her face. She was stunning. Big hazel eyes that could not be hidden from his enhanced vision, even from behind her glasses, had him mesmerized. He caught himself staring; not that he had to worry about her noticing. Finally, Dante decided he had enough of being the silent observer; he was not exactly the passive type. He would go and talk to this strange woman.

Kris looked at her watch, I need to leave now if I'm going to catch the bus and get back to campus in time for my interview. She threw some money down on the table and hurriedly put her things back in her bag. Just as she was grabbing the last of her things she saw the bus coming down the street. Damn, I can't miss this bus! She started to run, and not so quickly or gracefully in her heels.

Dante was standing up out of his chair when he realized she was getting ready to leave. He started to move towards her when she looked down the street and began to run. Dante stepped in front of her, trying to stop the frantic women. She ran straight into him and nearly fell over. She somehow caught herself and without even looking at him turned and continued to run towards the bus stop.

"I'm sorry," Kris yelled and waved to the man, or brick wall, she just bumped into without turning around.

Dante was so dazed he couldn't move. Before he could even react, he saw her get on the bus and disappear. He did somehow manage to notice the bus was heading to the university.

When she bumped into him, touched him, it felt like an electric jolt went through his body. His wolf was instantly awake and now hovering just below the surface. The wolf was restless, growling and pacing. You must go after her. You must go get our mate.

--------------------

Kris leaned back in her seat on the plane to relax. The trip had been short but successful; her interview had gone exceptionally well, she was able to get a feel for the school and the city and fell in love with both, and she looked at some apartment complexes near the university. She'd be home in 4 hours and couldn't wait to get a shower and jump into her comfy bed.

Now would come the hard part, waiting. Kris would have to wait months to hear whether she was accepted into the program on not. And patience was a virtue she hadn't quite mastered. What will I do if this doesn't work out for me? she thought. No, I can't think about it. I have to stay positive and deal with it when and if I have to. Kris closed her eyes and tried to sleep.

--------------------

Dante was still trying to grapple with what had just happened. Could I really just have found my mate? I've waited so long I pretty much gave up on finding her. But my wolf seems so sure, and I was so drawn to her. But she smelled human. Dante shook his head to bring himself out of his daze and reality hit him. She is gone, how will I find her. He growled and started to panic. Then he noticed something under the chair she had been sitting in. He bent down and picked up a folder. As he opened it up, he smiled to himself. He would have no trouble tracking her down now.

--------------------

Dante was pacing back and forth in his father's office. He had explained his plan and was waiting for his permission as Alpha and his approval as his father to move forward. Gianni sat on the couch, thinking about what his son had just told him. His eldest son had found his mate, a human, and wanted to temporarily leave the pack to find her and gain her trust and love before claiming her. Something that would take time since she would not have the Were instinct that came with finding one's mate.

"Are you sure?" Gianni asked.

"My wolf has not settled since that day at the café," Dante sighed.

"We have contacts at the university. I can make sure she gets accepted and you can have her in a year when she moves here."

"I cannot wait that long. You know what it is like to feel the pull of your mate. And I have no guarantees that she will even come here if she gets into the school."

"Apparently she lives near our cousin's pack in New York," Dante's brother, Marco chimed in. "Maybe you could talk to him about having a member of his pack do a little reconnaissance on her before you go up there blindly and make a fool of yourself?"

"I WILL NOT allow some random male to follow around MY mate with me 1,000 miles away." Dante bit out angrily.

"Calm down Dante. Marco has a point," their father stated calmly. "Present the idea to our cousin but suggest a female for the job. That will give you time to learn more about her and settle some matters here before you leave. And if you do go up there, you will stay with his pack."

"When I go father, not if." He may have to wait a little but at least he had approval to leave. And with the help of his cousin, his job of wining over his mate might be a little easier.

--------------------

Kris was reviewing her brochure design one last time before sending the draft to her client. The client had been very demanding and somewhat difficult to work with. Kris's patience and attention to detail were the reasons why she had been assigned to them in the first place. After many grueling meetings and conversations over the phone and email, Kris was confident that she was giving them the design that they wanted. Just as she hit the send button, her boss walked up to her desk.

"Hey Frank, what can I do for you?"

"I had a couple things... first off, how is the winery brochure coming?"

"I just sent the latest draft to the client. I'm feeling good about this one, I did everything I could to meet their needs, wants and demands. I'm hoping we only get minor tweaks and changes back from them. If not, I'm kinda running out of ideas," she shrugged.

"I'm sure you did your best. Thanks again for agreeing to take this one. We all owe you big time."

"Don't worry, I'll be sure to remind everyone of that when I need a favor." They both laughed. "So what else did you have for me?"

"Well, as you know we have a new marketing specialist that started this week. She's already jumped in with both feet and has a lot of great ideas. Her name is Janelle and she wants to meet with the designers that have worked on the accounts she will be taking over. She's going to be working with a lot of the wineries."

"That's great, I'd love to meet her. I'm heading to lunch in about an hour. Maybe she could join me and then visit the archives to see some of the work I've produced?"

"Fantastic idea. She's meeting with Dan now but should be done soon. I'll send her over when she is. Thanks, Kris."

"No problem, Frank."

Janelle showed up to Kris's office right on time. She was a thin, attractive woman only slightly shorter than Kris. She had short blonde hair, blue eyes and carried herself with confidence. Kris guessed they were around the same age, maybe late 20s. Janelle gave a warm and friendly smile as she introduced herself and they shook hands. Kris was planning on taking Janelle to a diner she frequented just a few blocks from the firm. She grabbed her bag and the two women headed out the door.

Kris found Janelle very easy to talk to and liked her immediately. Over lunch they talked about clients and past work, but they also lightly discussed life outside of the office. Both women felt it important to get to know their colleagues to build stronger work relationships. As they were browsing through the archives, Janelle seemed impressed with Kris's work. And Kris thought Janelle was very thorough in the questions she was asking. As they were heading back to their desks, Janelle turned to Kris.

"Thanks for lunch and filling me in on everything. I'm really looking forward to working together," Janelle stated.

"Me too. I think you're going to be a welcomed change around here."

"Thanks. By any chance would you be interested in grabbing lunch later in the week? Frank speaks very highly of you and you seem like someone who would be up on office politics. I could use someone to give me the 'lay of the land' so to speak."

Kris chuckled, "I'd be happy too. Everyone here is laid back but I'm sure I could come up with a few pointer."

"Great, I'd really appreciate it. I'll catch up with you later on a day and time."

"Sounds good, enjoy the rest of your first week." Kris turned to walk towards her desk. Janelle was really nice. I bet she'd be fun to hang out with. I'll see how lunch goes and then maybe invite her for a night out for drinks with the girls. Kris smiled at the possibility of befriending her new colleague. She didn't have many friends and someone to talk to at the office would be really nice. At the very least, Janelle seemed like she would be great to work with and a tremendous help in dealing with clients.

--------------------

Dante was driving home from the office after a long day when his phone rang. He looked at the caller id before answering.

"It's about time," Dante said harshly.

"Well, nice to be talking with you too, cousin." Anton laughed.

"Sorry, Anton. I'm just getting restless. I'm not accustom to idly waiting."

"Then it's a good thing I have some positive news for you."

"Thank God."

"There was an opening at your mate's firm and I happened to have a member of my pack that was qualified for the job and interested. She has been hired and made contact with your mate. The two women actually genuinely like each other and have been socializing. My pack member's name is Janelle and you should have an email waiting for you from her with more information on what she has learned about your mate. She is not thrilled to be 'spying' for you as the women seem to be becoming friends, but she will not disobey a command from her alpha."

"Thank you, Anton. I do feel a little guilty about having to proceed the way I am, but I do not see any other way. I can not leave right now but I will have this woman."

"I understand. A few members of my pack have claimed human mates. It can be challenging. Still having problems in the pack?"

"Yes, there is a small group that is causing a fraction in the pack. Their 'leader' is calling into question my father's ability to be Alpha and subtly undermining his authority. My father really needs my brother and I to stay close and stand by him now to build confidence within the pack. We fear there may be a challenge soon."

"I'm sorry you are having such trouble but the De Luca family has lead your pack for hundreds of years and that will not be changing anytime soon."

"I appreciate the vote of confidence, Anton. I will be sure to keep you posted on the situation. And hopefully I will be coming up for a visit very soon."

"I hope so too. Hang in there, Dante. The pull of a mate on your wolf is strong but take some peace in knowing you will have her."

"Thanks again, Anton. I'll talk to you soon."

"Give your father and brother my best. Goodnight."

When Dante arrived home he immediately went to his office to check his email. Sure enough there was an email in his inbox from Janelle, just as Anton said. He opened it anxious to see what information she had for him. As he read through he started to smile. From the limited details Janelle could provide so far, Dante could feel his woman would be perfect for him in every way. She was not overly outspoken but when she had an opinion, she made it known. She was very smart, education, ambitious and a born leader. Everything a future Alpha would need at his side.

But as he came to the end of the email, his face dropped. He read some disturbing news that had taken him by surprise. Stupid human rituals! How am I going to deal with this? I need put a stop to this now. He quickly hammered out an email reply to Janelle before picking up the phone again.

"Miss me already, cousin?"

"Sorry to bother you, Anton. I just read the email and there is an unexpected... complication."

"What's the problem, Dante?"

"It seems that my mate has decided to set up a profile on an online dating site."

Anton could not help but burst out laughing.

Dante growled deeply, "If you're done?"

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself. So what are you going to do?"

"I was hoping you could help with that. I'd like Janelle to try and discourage her from pursuing this. And if that doesn't work, make sure that any men she might decide to meet don't get very far. If you know what I mean?"

"I hope you mean sending them a warning and not ripping their heads off for touching what is yours?"

"I would prefer the latter but I know you wouldn't agree to it," Dante said through gritted teeth. Just thinking of another man touching his mate drove him mad and had his wolf chomping at the bit.

Anton laughed again, "Don't worry, Dante. Your mate will be safe under my watch."

"I'm trusting you to handle this for the next few weeks until I can come up there to claim what is mine."

"Settle down, killer. Just relax everything will be taken care of."

Dante thanked his cousin again before hanging up the phone. He decided to take a shower since sleep would not be coming anytime soon. I need to be with her soon or I will lose my mind. He stripped out of his clothes and headed to the bathroom. As he stepped under the water his mind wandered back to the day he had first laid eyes on his mate. Before they had even touched her he knew there was something special about her. He thought about her figure and appearance, one glance at her eyes and he was attracted to her immediately. He started to get hard just thinking about the delicious curves that hid behind her clothes and everything he intended to do to her body.

--------------------

"Ok, so give me the scoop on this new guy you're seeing?" Janelle asked eagerly as they waited for their food to arrive.

"His name is Dante. He's 32 and works for his family. Don't have much detail on that yet. We've been talking for a few weeks but had our first date the other night. He was the perfect gentleman. I had a great time and there was a lot of chemistry." Kris blushed. "He seems very nice and genuine but I can't exactly trust first impressions given my recent dating history."

"Don't be hard on yourself. Those other guys were obviously completely unworthy to continue to be in your presence." Janelle smirked and Kris just smiled and shook her head. "But get to the good stuff, what does this guy look like?"

"Actually he's completely gorgeous; olive skin, deep brown eyes, black hair and a short beard. He's totally ripped with muscle and really tall. Like I was in 4-inch heels and still had to look up at him."

"Sounds delectable. Did you kiss him?"

Kris blushed again. "Yes, he gave me a soft kiss at the end of the night and asked me out again. It was very sweet."

"So when are you seeing him again?" Janelle asked eagerly.

"We still need to figure that out. I really want to see him again but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much about this one."

"I have a good feeling about him. Just keep an open mind."

"I will."

That night Dante called Kris to set up their next date. They made plans to meet for dinner and a movie the following week. Next week couldn't come fast enough for either of them.

--------------------

Dante had just received a text message from Kris with her address and confirming their dinner plans for the night. Their second date had gone better than the first. She looked amazing and it took all his strength not to rip her dress off of her and take her on the hood of her car in the parking lot that night. In fact, if she hadn't stopped him he was sure he would have. Tonight they were going to spend a quiet night in at her place. Not too quiet once I get her in the bedroom, Dante smiled to himself. If things continued to progress as they had been he was sure he could reveal his secret to her soon and finally bring her home.

Dante looked at his watch, he had plenty of time to kill before he would see Kris and decided to go for a run. He headed out the back door of his cousin's estate and stripped out of his clothes. He hadn't shifted in a while and his wolf needed to be let loose. As soon as he shifted his wolf howled and ran straight for the woods.

miss_kris
miss_kris
31 Followers
12