Touched by Moonlight Ch. 04

Story Info
Luciano finds out what Katrina has been hiding.
8k words
4.79
9.7k
21

Part 4 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/07/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers

"It is who I am.
It is who I will always be."
~ Katrina

*****

Luciano's body broke into awareness. His body jerked forward, gasping for breath. He groaned as a splitting headache assaulted him. For a moment he didn't know where he was. There was a strange ache in his body, the sudden feeling of satisfaction and equal parts nausea. Sunlight blinded him momentarily running his fingers through his hair as he forced himself to recall what happened. It all came rushing back to him, his eyes blazed silver and his vision cleared.

'Katrina!'

'What the—' Luciano looked around bewildered at the destruction. His gaze landed on the shreds of black lace lingering throughout his rooms and swallowed. The memories of the night before bombarded him. Every sound, every sensation, pierced his memories as he sat frozen in awe. He'd never experienced anything quite like last night. No female had ever gotten under his skin this way.

He recalled hitting that hard edge, Cumming so hard his vision swarmed with black spots, dimly hearing her roar into his kiss and for a moment something shifted inside him. Then, darkness, the rug taken from under him... Had he passed out? Something was definitely wrong. There's no way he could have just blacked out and fallen to a death sleep because he'd cum too hard. Given, he had cum harder than he ever had. His body tingled at the memory, his mouth water at the thought.

'What happened?' Luciano cleared his throat, his head throbbing painfully. He pulled himself off the bed, grimacing as he heard the bed frame collapse in on itself once he was off it. 'What the fuck happened here? Where's Katrina?' Luciano pulled out whatever clothes didn't look half destroyed and dressed quickly.

He was out of his rooms, down the stairs, and into the main hall in a heartbeat. Noting the servants cleaning up avoiding his gaze reminded him of where he was and why. He cursed, he was late for the claiming. 'Fuck.' He was out the patio doors before he finished the thought, his body exploding and rearranging miles down the gardens as he moved. His brother would have his ass for being late.

'Where is she?'

He looked around as he passed several others who were on their way to the coliseum. He stumbled as a familiar essence wrapped around him and he felt his body materialize against his will. 'Well, Fuck.'

***

Raven leaned back against his chair, his finger tapping his chin gently, his eyes narrowed as Luciano materialized before him his body tense and coiled tight. "I hate when you do that, brother." Luciano seethed. He glared at his older brother, who sat back innocently as if he hadn't just used great deal of energy in materializing him halfway across the estate. "I couldn't afford your tardiness at this event. You know, as well as I do. Our presence is imminent in these affairs."

"I was on my way." Luciano growled, brushing off his suit. His eyes were moved through the crowd, seeking her. From the corner of his eyes Raven watched his younger brother. He kept the perfectly calculated expression of boredom on his face but beneath the surface he was on guard for the scene his brother would no doubt make. Raven would be here to support him come what may. Luciano looked wildly out of sorts, something had set his brother on edge before his arrival. If his tardiness was any indication-

"Have you seen the Morvant family?"

"I'm sure they'll turn up sooner or later. It's about to begin. You've missed the entire preliminary." Raven's tone left no room for argument. When he used his Elder 'tone,' Luciano straightened and conceded, his body dropping down to the seat beside his brother.

The Coliseum was an elliptical amphitheater, hidden in the maze gardens of the council's estate, shielded from foreign eyes by some of the most powerful vampire power known to their kind. Ironically enough, it was an exact replica to the one built in Rome. Vampires sure liked to stick to tradition. It was built of concrete and stone, stood high, the large flat center served as their stage. Roughly ten thousand spectators could fit but it was probably only filled by hundreds today. Some of the worlds more elite vampire families were asked to attend. Their entire vampire society witnessed the claiming of the Maidens. It'd been a tradition from the beginning of time, the highest honor to be invited.

Several rows below them were tents for the families of the Maidens that would be claimed, they would appear as the females names were called.

Luciano leaned back as the seats around them filled, unused to sitting so close to the event. He wasn't too interested in these things, Raven usually respected that. More often than not families would sit together as a show of power and unity, but as of late they were mixed and all eager for it to start. After all, there wouldn't be another one for another hundred or so years, they had to enjoy this one while it happened. Even so, he could barely recall much from the last one he'd come to. He recalled Katrina had forced him to sneak out while they raided the pantry for food. The memory brought a smile to his face, and his body buzzed. The image of her naked and withering beneath him forever engraved into his mind, caused him to let out a shaky breath.

It wasn't long before the rows around them were filled. He recognized Thayne and Zane sitting on the row below them. Elvira must be sitting somewhere with her mother. Kynox and his cousin Draven tumbled into the rows behind them. Luciano tapped his fingers uncomfortably, something in his gut simmering in awareness. Many of the families were still filtering in so he didn't let it concern him. He opened his palm as he materialized his phone into it. He shot Katrina a quick text.

An unfamiliar energy filled the stadium. Everyone in attendance sat forward, the electrifying energy growing with each passing second. From the center of the stadium, a mist spiraled outwards until it hit the stadium wall and rebounded upon itself. Immediately a rift between dimensions exploded, the backlash of power rocking them.

This part was always interesting. Nobody knew what lay beyond the rippling portal, no vampires went in and no Maiden ever came back. The spacial rift grew to epic proportions, growing several feet before it stabilized and turned a strange hue of blue.

The six current council members stood facing the portal, their stance tense in apprehension. All in attendance edged on their seats as they watched three white hooded figures appear.

"It has begun." Raven whispered. Something about his brothers words made Luciano narrow his gaze in suspicion.

"Welcome! It's been a long time, Matrone." Milton Coh spoke, his voice carrying through the entire Coliseum. The hooded figures stood before the portal, as if shielding it from their gaze, impossible to miss really. The female in the center stepped forward, pushing her hood back and giving the council a formal bow in respect. The female's odd white hair was startling, even more so were the signs of aging around her brown eyes. Most vampire females rarely aged, it was strange seeing it on such an unfamiliar face. He wondered who she used to be and what life she had left behind. The two women behind her followed her example, bowing deeply to the council. Their expressions were empty, almost robotic.

"It has been much too long, Council. Once again, that time comes upon us and we are happy to be here. Do you have our candidates prepared?" The woman's voice was calming but emotionally detached. Something about it rubbed Luciano the wrong way. He checked his phone, disappointed.

"They are ready for your inspection, Matrone." General Kendrick, of the current council spoke, giving the Matrone, a bow of respect. The Matrone's strange white hair glowed as she nodded in understand. "Then we will begin." The council vanished and reappeared in their sectioned tent.

**

The Matrone stepped forward, drawing a breath before addressing their whole race. Her brown eyes took in the countless faces she didn't recognize and those she did.

"For centuries, you have built an empire of power and strength.

And for centuries we have built you vessels of power.

You prepare for the future and we, we prepare for your wars!

If a time shall ever come, it is our duty to bear you young, worthy of your race.

If the time shall ever come, we shall heal your masses and tame your chaos.

We are charged with caring for the strongest of your class,

Who lead and protect you.

It is our sworn duty to serve our race.

We will call the names brought forth for candidacy for this Centennials Maiden Claiming. And they will prove themselves to you.

Shall they be worthy of this honor.

Shall they be worthy of this great cause.

This is your tribute to our cause, to your race."

The Matrone's voice boomed. The echo of her voice rocked the audience. The cohesive roar from the audience was deafening. 'She really knew how to rile up a crowd.' Luciano clapped along with his brother. He grew restless listening to them drone on with this charade. He let out a sigh, brushing back his hair impatiently.

"Mildred Cloud." And so it began. With each name called, the female materialized in the center of the stadium. Her white hooded form stood facing the Maidens before the portal. The family called materialized into a sectioned tent. Hushed whispers passed thorough the stadium. Luciano wasn't too sure he'd ever met the Cloud daughter. She was sort of a recluse, not many knew her. 'Guess this explains why.'

"Rial Vormento." The Matrone closed her eyes as the second candidate appeared before her. She let out a sigh and called forth the third name.

"Hazel Riveria." The clapping rose, almost as if rehearsed. People's voices moved back and forth, deliberating on the revealed Maidens, most were surprised as they all usually were. The Riveria family took their spot in the designated tent, and watched their daughter stand proudly below. Luciano's gazed moved over her family's tight expressions.

"Melindra Valen." More buzzing. The Valen family had lost their youngest son to battle decades ago, a heavy blow to lose a daughter as well.

"Balia Doch´e."

"Tonia Arkena." A wind blew by as the sixth candidate appeared, standing beside the others. They stood still and tense. There was a roar from the crowd with each appearance.

"Wilona Wilkiouske." Luciano stiffened. His gaze moving rapidly to Zane, who sat tense and surprised. Zane stared down at his cousin, her small frame was draped under the white robe. His eyes bore into her back, a small gasp filling his senses. Zane's mind reached out to his mother and sister as an ache bloomed in his chest. His eyes widened as he sat forward, his attention on the entirety of the ritual. "Did you know?" Luciano heard Thayne asking Zane, only to receive a negative shake from him.

"Siria Clouthan." Luciano let out a sigh in recognition. So far, he'd been lover to at least three of the Maidens they'd mentioned. Go figure.

"Katrina Morvant." Luciano froze. Positive he must have heard wrong. His breath lodged at the base of his throat as the white robed figure materialize on the line. 'No..' His eyes widened. A fire spread through his entire body. Rage. Disbelief. Horror. 'Not her.'

He looked around wildly, finding the empty tent of the family, watched as her parents appeared, followed by her brothers and the earth shift beneath Luciano's feet. His body trembled as the roar of the crowd lowered, a strange humming crossed the crowd. Of course, they were all shocked, the Morvant family had never, in eons, sired a Maiden, not until—

Luciano stood, his body lunging forward. Hearing only the sound of his own pounding heartbeat who refused to allow this charade. "Annabelle Mariña." Luciano snapped out of it as the final name was called and Raven grabbed his forearm dragging him down to his seat.

Luciano was numb. His eyes glued on the familiar shape. Pain bloomed in his chest. "I don't— I don't understand." Luciano's fist tightned on his lap.

****

The Matrone gazed down at the females before her. Many of their faces drawn in horror or resignation. She felt a small twinge of sympathy but mostly she was just eager to get it over with. Taking a deep breath and the Matrone faced the crowd once more. Her eyes moving over the families, who stood in their respective sections.

"See these faces.

Forevermore they give themselves to you.

The outmost honor given to their

families as they transition into the ranks before them.

See these faces.

And rest assured that their loyalty lies with you.

Rejoice. For another one hundred years has come and gone and once more we are blessed by the treasures you give us.

By far the largest tribute we've had in a very long time.

We thank you.

See their faces and witness their claiming."

One by one, each female pushed back her hood. Katrina reached up with trembling hands and let her hood drop, her hands fisted at her sides. Her gaze on the swirling portal dividing dimensions and its powerful energy calling out to her. It was quiet disorienting. Focusing her attention back to the present, her gaze lifted towards the Matrone, who'd called their names.

Katrina had spent most of the night in self-enforced forced numbness until it was time to see her family. After a tearful goodbye, she'd waited patiently in her room, until the Matrone called her forth. Still unsettled by the force of which the Matrone had brought them.

"Face your family and we shall begin." In unison they moved as Katrina found the gazes of her family. She fought against the onslaught of emotion. Hers, her fellow Maidens and the entire race that bombarded them with emotions. She trembled. Katrina wanted to step forward, to wake up from this nightmare but instead stood still. Frozen to the ground, unable to move her gaze away from her father, her mother, her brothers...

She heard the hitch of gasps and someone's cries. Her memory flashed, the vision of the destruction she caused, of Luciano's lifeless weight above her. The memories tormented her. 'This is the only way.'

"You will repeat your oath."

Katrina grimaced at the cold tone and tightened her fist. Waited for the silence to grow and suddenly the words where in her mind. As if she'd known them all along. The ten of them spoke in eerie unison.

"We look forward, never backwards.

We represent the future.

We bring peace and serenity.

Never violence.

We seek knowledge and truth.

We bring justice.

We live to serve the race, no matter the cost.

We are honored.

We are never to use our full powers in the presence of those who are not sisters.

We will never take a mate,

unless the dire need for strength and youth arises

We belong to the race.

We belong to Esui."

Katrina gasped as the air left her lungs in a rush, a warm tingling spread through her body and the erratic energy inside her shift in reaction. 'No.' Katrina grimaced, willing her body to hold back. She would contain it. 'Never again.' She would never harm anyone like that again.

Luciano watched as if in a daze. His body scorched by emotions he could not describe. She stood there, facing her family. From this position he only saw her profile. That face. Every time he looked at her, he saw her panting, sweaty, smiling, angry and flushed. The wide array of expression he knew so well invaded his thoughts. He didn't know what to make of this.

"I never knew." He whispered to himself. Their oath made his blood boil. She'd hidden this from him. She lied. Kept him in the dark and even till the last moments had use every weapon against him to distract him, going so low as to fuck him. 'She lied!' The vampire inside him raged. His head throbbed. His chest ached as he heaved for breath. Raven's warm hand patted his back soothingly. Luciano looked up at his older brother, a knowing look in his gaze. He trembled. "You knew." Raven's somber expression told him all he needed to know. Luciano felt his world crumbling around him. The people he treasured most had hidden something so monumental, betrayed him!

His mind flashed, thinking of the destruction in the room last night. He'd passed out. 'Had that been her. Had Katrina's Maiden power attacked him?...Was that same power what had driven him to act so irrationally and out of character?'

Immediately he dismissed the idea. Luciano knew his attraction to her was true. Nothing could influence his lust to the point of madness without his notice. The more he thought of it, her cold attitude last night seemed less odd, the words she'd said to him dawned on him. 'I'd like to just be alone.' She'd been pushing him away, avoiding him because she knew this was coming but how.. why? She was the youngest one down there at least by 100 years, it made no sense at her age. 'This is wrong.' Luciano's eyes narrowed at her tight expression, her trembling fists and the shake of her voice. He saw the pain in her eyes, the same pain she'd been trying to hide from him for months. He'd just been too oblivious and self centered to push her on it. He hadn't wanted to deal with her drama...'You arrogant-' the memory of her voice as it accused him had his body shaking. There had to be something he could do.

Raven gripped his arm tight enough for his vampire to feel threatened. His brother must have sensed his impending train of thought. "You cannot stall this Luciano. You must not interfere."

"This is wrong—"

"There is nothing you can do Luciano. The choice has been made." Raven's tone dropped, the stealth in his voice made Luciano growl in anger. His body vibrated. His eyes glued to the woman he thought he'd know most of his life.

'Katrina... What have you done...'

*

The Matrone smiled as their oaths solidified and Esui reacted behind her in response. Esui's pulsing energy bathed her in warmth, his power moving outwards reaching for the Maiden's about to be claimed. The Matrone lowered her eyes.

"We witness your oath." The two maidens behind the Matrone spoke in unison and the suspense built amongst the crowd. The ten candidates turned to watch as the two Maidens stepped to the sides of the portal, the light blue rippling tear in their dimension and the eerie fog came from it. The Matrone stepped forward, her arms extending outwards, her eyes closed and a dark dome formed around the huge Coliseum shutting out the sunlight. Murmurs ran through the crowd, this specific part unfamiliar, questions arose through out.

"You've spent your life hiding what you were born to be, spent a lifetime restraining what was inside you.. No more! You will prove your worth to our race and prove that your blood is worthy! We will witness the claiming of your mark and shall bestow your chosen name. Only once witnessed, you shall pass through the veil."

The Matrone stepped forward, her gaze meeting each of their individual eyes. She smiled, her perfectly straight teeth sparkled in the dark. "The last one to stand on this side of the veil will have received the highest honor to their families. And only that family will receive compensation." The council members knew the change would create havoc amongst their people. The ten females standing before her stiffened, the Matrone only smiled through the boisterous reaction of their people.

Raven stiffened slightly, his eyes moving to Katrina's form, her body was rigid and coiled tight. He let out a sigh. He knew at this moment her mind must be racing. Show her strength but commit a final submission, something she didn't know how to do and now this was thrown into the mix. He closed his eyes sensing Luciano tense beside him.

"What is this?" Luciano's stark outrage seemed to be a common feeling amongst the crowd. A silence fell over the Coliseum as they watched the tension fill the women below. The Maiden candidates looked around each other in shock, Katrina's eyes were trained on the Matrone, her wide smile suspicious. She swallowed hard, feeling a calming sensation enter her as the fog surrounded them.

SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers