Touched Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But I've only just gotten back; what about my duties here?" I protested.

"You've gotten more done in the last four days than you did in the two weeks prior to that," my supervisor pointed out. "And the truth is, I don't anticipate having a lot for you to do for the next several days. The archeology team is set to return next week, and Grant needs help making room for storage. You remember him, don't you? He was the young man you were stuck with in the lift."

"Yes, I remember," I said, biting the inside of my lip.

"Is this a problem? Do you have some physical problem preventing you from completing the task?"

"No, sir. I'm...I'm happy to help."

My initial reluctance was soon replaced by anticipation, and after dropping off the last package I began the long walk to the museum. The closer I got, the quicker my steps until finally I had to restrain myself from running the rest of the way.

Just as the museum came into view, however, I reminded myself to keep things in perspective. I hadn't spoken to him in weeks and never responded to his messages, even though I played them repeatedly just to see his face and hear his low, smooth voice speak my name. Yes, we had a connection, but it was manufactured by unusual circumstances.

This time, I resolved, would be different. I would keep my wits about me, not allow myself to get lost in fantasies shaped by my own abnormal desires. Now more than ever, I needed to exercise discipline and show restraint.

All of it crumbled away like brittle leaves underfoot the moment I saw him.

~*~*~

12