Trading in Strange Places Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cheri whispered, "Don't take it so hard, guys, You'll make a lot of money, have skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer, and all the fresh pussy you need!" She put special emphasis on the word need.

Ellen made things worse by saying, "Cheri and Louise are going to stay over and participate in the staff discussion on Tuesday."

Damn women. Keeping my voice steady, I said, "Maybe Steve has a long running poker game in Dallas that Ross and I could join, since we aren't needed here."

The three women looked at each with sinister grins and Louise answered with more of that drawl, "Oh, I don't know about that. I understand male equipment can get damaged even at the poker table."

A long silence. Only capitulation was possible.

I responded, "Ok, we are all in. But there is one special request. Josh Reynolds has already become indispensable to our work. I would like to appoint him Chief Technology Officer of the new venture, based here when he isn't needed elsewhere. He and Catherine-Marie have a new slant on security, Ross, that he wants to take back to New York in the next week or two. That goes ditto for you, Steve, if you would like."

That was a big curveball that got Ross right between the eyes. He ducked his head for another bite of breakfast, trying to come up with a response. His brightest young helper stolen right out from under?

"Lucas, you drive a hard bargain. I insist on thirty percent time for six months. He is in the middle of a massive upgrade in our shop. If it was anyone but you, and anything other than this joint effort, my answer would be not only no, but hell no!"

Josh wandered up at that moment. "Did I hear my name?"

Ellen and the others stood to hug him. "Josh, they are fighting over your brains, but we are going to fight over your body!"

He was pink and sputtering. Ross said with a dark look, "Did you know about this?"

"Not much sir, and nothing about this attack of the babes!"

He was sat down between Cheri and Ellen. "Boss, the work C-M and I have done on security is a breakthrough. It may even be worth money."

Steve punched his friend, "That's what you get, Ross, for sending your best helper to this talent factory Lucas is running."

The rest of the weekend was a blur. With three determined women in charge, and more behind them, the reality of the joint venture stared me in the face. No doubt about it, this was going to happen. Ellen had a perpetual smile on her face, and a quick pinch for me whenever she felt like it.

Saturday morning at breakfast, Claire brought two new faces to introduce.

"Lucas and Ellen, I'd like you to meet Jan and Ellie. They are at the college when they aren't skiing. They discovered that the Le Bontemps kitchen staff get automatic season passes, and were after me instantly to sign them up. And they have friends willing to help as well."

I stood up to shake hands but was almost flattened by the hugs and kisses. "Oh, Mr. Lucas, Claire says you are the best boss and the greatest lover on the planet. We are so happy to be here!"

Ellen poked me hard. "Behave."

We sat back down to our meals as they returned to the kitchen. "Claire is fantastic. Now I get my workers back from this madhouse."

"This madhouse," I said, "just grossed a hundred thousand for ten days. Claire tells me we could fill the place every night going forward if we wanted, but she couldn't lay that on the WIL women."

She kissed me on the lips, "Yes, greatest lover. Do you remember sitting in the sun on Mely's back deck with her and C-M, deciding to trade a diner in Nampa for a B&B in ski town? That was a hell of a good idea. They told me all about it."

The next kiss was better than the last. Guests were looking over and smiling. "You know what else is floating around, Lucas? Aimee and Robert are really happy with us. C-M thinks her family can help them get Green Cards. But they need a restaurant so more people than just guests can come for meals. There is enough room on this lot for a completely modern restaurant, and we can buy the one next door for parking. Lyn is jumping up and down about another commission!"

I tickled her, "This is just idle speculation? Only random thoughts? When did you think you might speak to me about it?"

She jumped up. "Come on, we are going to find Claire and Lyn and have a talk. The skiing is gone anyway until the next storm."

Yes, indeed. The self-organizing brain trust was taking over. An hour later, it was warm enough to sit in the sun on Mely's restored back deck, scene of earlier confabs, and have round two of planning for fine food. I made a point of applying kisses and hands to all three women, turning them pink. "Lucas, what has got into you?"

"I've just signed over my future to the women in my life and am happy go lucky!"

That got me retribution. "If it was warmer, we would sit on you like we do in the summer. You are still in harness, and have much work. Help us with this restaurant idea."

I smiled, "Preposterous idea. Do you know the first year failure rate of new restaurants? It will suck up all the WIL profits and then some."

I replaced the frown with a smile. "Does Lyn have sketches yet?"

It was obvious they already had the project under control and needed only enthusiasm from me. Which I supplied to as much of three athletic bodies as I could reach. In minutes, I was on the cold deck, flattened by all of them. "You are no help at all. Say something intelligent."

"I love you."

*****

Author's Note: It's summer vacation time, and even writers need a break. Lucas and his amazing women will be back in the fall!