Travis's Tale Ch. 05

Story Info
Travis and Alex have a big decision to make.
31.7k words
4.67
15.1k
20
3

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 10/13/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You look awfully nervous there Pete, are you sure about this?" I asked as I could see the perspiration forming on his forehead.

"I've had people shoot at me and gotten in the middle of more than a few domestic incidents, but I don't think I've ever been as nervous as I am right now." He answered, pulling out a handkerchief and wiping his forehead.

"It's not that bad Pete, I'm sure everything's going to go well." I offered, trying to calm some of his nervousness.

"I know you're right Travis, but this is just something so new to me. I only hope I don't screw it up." He answered with a nervous laugh.

We were standing here in the courthouse, Pete and Ellen were going to be married in a few short minutes. The judge and the court clerk were taking care of last-minute paperwork and before much longer he and his future wife would be standing in front of the judge, reciting their wedding vows. The women were all gathered around Ellen, I was wondering if she might be expressing the same nervous concerns that Pete was although I didn't think either of them was likely to chicken out. I was going to be standing for my friend Pete and Lizzie would do the same for Ellen. Courtney and Alex were here to watch and Courtney would be taking care of our daughter Alexandra. It was only going to be a small informal wedding, both Pete and Ellen had been able to control the exuberance of the others at least for the time. They had agreed to a larger, more formal wedding several months in the future but for right now a simple civil ceremony was all either one of them wanted.

The judge finished his work and called everyone together, Pete and I walked over in front of his desk as did Ellen and Lizzie. We were each wearing a suit and the women were all wearing summery blouses and skirts. As I said, it wasn't an overly formal ceremony and I didn't expect it would take very long. I was right, the judge offered a few words of advice before going through the formalities of asking each of them to commit to the other before he pronounced them man and wife. Once done with that we all had to sign some papers and then the women all rushed at Ellen and I gave Pete a firm handshake, offering him my wishes for a long and happy life with his new wife.

"You look like you're just about ready to pop Ellen." Alex commented as we were gathered around offering congratulations.

"Today I'm officially 2 days past my due date." Ellen responded, smiling at the expression on Alex's face.

"Nothing like waiting to the last minute, how are you feeling?" Alex queried her.

"Other than feeling like a whale with this huge belly, I really don't feel all that bad." Ellen answered, she didn't seem to be overly concerned that she could potentially go into labor at any moment.

"Courtney and I have talked quite a bit recently, I think I'm as ready as I'm going to get. Of course, Pete was as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I can't belch or fart without him ready to rush me to the emergency room."

"I'm sure he'll be fine, he's probably seen this with other women more than once. It's just going to be a little different when it's his own wife, not some stranger." Alex suggested.

"I'm not worried at all, I just want this thing over with..." Ellen added, chuckling more openly now.

*****

Once the short ceremony was over, we all got into cars and headed back to the ranch. We were going to have a little get together there, nothing fancy, just a chance to hang out and relax. Pete and Ellen had decided to postpone their honeymoon for one obvious reason. They had decided they would wait until their formal wedding ceremony and then go on a more extended trip but for right now coming to our place to hang out for a few hours seemed a reasonable option. When we got to the ranch there was a catering truck parked in the drive, right beside JoAnn's pickup. She hadn't been invited to the wedding since it was only a small group of close friends but I had asked her to meet the caterer at the house while we were gone, I don't think Ellen or Pete would object to her coming to the party. As we entered the house, we could smell the odor of food, it wasn't going to be a fancy meal but I had asked for shrimp and ribs and various other summertime delicacies. As I came into the house I could see 2 young women wearing the same dress with a catering company's logo on the left breast. Each was Mexican and appeared to be in her mid-20s. They continued with their tasks in the kitchen as the rest of us came in and sat for a few minutes before we would go out to the pool area. I took a minute to thank JoAnn for coming over and assisting the caterers, I knew she was still hurting due to the separation from her husband. I didn't think I could fix that, but for the time we all had done what we could to offer our sympathy and try to take her mind off of things.

"How did the ceremony go?" She asked me as I went over to speak with her.

"Nothing to it. It was quick and easy and except for a lot of nervousness from both Pete and Ellen, everything went off without a hitch."

"I don't see what they had to be nervous about, I think they already got the honeymoon out of the way first." She giggled as she looked at Ellen's belly, Ellen was holding each of her hands under her stomach as though supporting it. She didn't seem to be uncomfortable at least not that I could see, but knowing how Courtney had felt the last few weeks of her own pregnancy I could completely understand.

"Okay everybody, let's go outside and find a seat." Alex had taken charge, she was getting pretty good at this.

We all stood and filed out the door, JoAnn and the caterers had already set things up so there were plenty of chairs available along with an extra table and the umbrella. Everyone found seats and sat, it didn't take long before the 2 caterers came out asking about drinks and at the same time setting trays of finger food onto each of the tables. We had given up drinking liquor in deference to Ellen's pregnancy, although I don't think she would've been tempted if anyone had decided to have anything stronger than soda. No one did even though liquor was available in the house if someone had wanted it. JoAnn had helped the caterers for several minutes but left them to their own devices, they seemed to be perfectly capable of doing the job they had been hired to do. We also had one newcomer, Liz had started seeing one of Pete's officers from the police department, a young man named Kevin. They had been out a few times and Liz had told me he was fun to be with but wasn't sure the relationship would last.

"He's nice enough and I like him, but I get the feeling he's just looking for a good time for right now. I guess I shouldn't complain, I am too but one of these days I need to find someone I can settle down with. You know, like you and Cort or Pete and Ellen." Liz seemed a bit sad with the last sentence, but then brightened again not wanting to burden anyone else with an issue she would have to sort out on her own. I was more than happy to lend an ear and I'm sure she could've spoken to any of the other women but for right now she decided to make up her own mind. She was a smart woman and I had no doubt she would figure it out.

"Can I talk to you about something Travis?" Pete asked, indicating he'd like to speak more privately without others hearing for the time being at least.

"Sure Pete, what is it?" I answered.

We walked away from the group for a few minutes and I had to wonder what was on his mind.

"I've decided to take a position with the Attorney General's office. It took a lot of thought, but after we sorted out that group of wackos they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. It's going to mean we will have to move to Austin, I know Ellen has mixed feelings about it too. By the way, I really need to thank you again for that list of names you gave me."

"I'm sure we are all going to miss you, especially the girls. It does sound like a good opportunity for you though, I'm sure you've given it a lot of thought." I replied.

"Yes, we discussed it quite a bit and although the decision was a tough one, like I said, I think I'm going to accept the position. Ellen will be able to get a job there without too much trouble so that's not going to be an issue."

"Have you told any of the others yet?" I asked.

"We were planning to do that this afternoon, not that it's really that big of a secret. What I really wanted to talk to you about is something a little different. Once I get settled into the job I've given some thought to running for the legislature. I know I never would've thought about that a couple of years ago but right now I think I have a lot to offer the people of Texas. I was hoping you might be willing to support me if I decide to go through with this."

"You can count on me for anything Pete, you know that. Just let me know what I can do, I can give you an endorsement and I can donate to your campaign if you want me to do that too." Pete and I had been friends since the 4th grade and I knew he was a man of character and integrity. He would make a good addition to the state legislature should he decide to do so and I wouldn't have a bit of trouble supporting him just as I had told him.

"Thanks Travis, that means a lot. I'm still not sure about the elected part but it's good to know I can count on you if I do make that decision."

We had been sitting around and making small talk for about an hour before the caterers decided it was time to serve the main food. Everyone took seats as the girls brought out platters of ribs and shrimp, corn on the cob and mountains of baked goods. The talking ceased and eating began. After everyone had eaten their fill, the women cleared the tables and started cleaning up as we again got back to Small talk and general socializing. Everyone was congratulating Pete on his new job, Ellen had spread the word as we were eating and as Pete had said, it wasn't a secret but they hadn't said anything to anyone before today either. Neither of them said anything about the possibility of running for elected office so I decided to keep that information to myself.

After eating all that food I felt the need to stand and move around. I think the rest of us had that same thought right about the same time since most of the guests were now standing and socializing rather than sitting back in the chairs under the umbrella. It was a hot day but there was a slight breeze blowing which made being here poolside halfway comfortable. It was a nice day with good friends and everyone was enjoying the afternoon. I was standing and talking to Pete, asking him if he was still as nervous as he had been before the ceremony.

"That was kind of foolish, wasn't it?" He laughed.

"I don't know, it's a big step. I know when I did it I had a few moments of wondering why but in the end it all worked out. Courtney and I can't be happier and even though we really didn't need a ring and the ceremony, I think it has helped us to officially commit ourselves to the other."

"Yeah, I think it's going to make things a little bit better. Not that they haven't been great, but I got the feeling in the back of my mind that Ellen really wanted the ring. I think her parents wanted it for her too, although neither of them said anything to me directly." He confessed to me.

"Been there! Courtney's parents weren't the happiest when they found out she was pregnant and we weren't planning to get married. They've gotten a little friendlier since the wedding but still not what I would think of as ultra-social." I made my own confession.

"Cannonball!"

It was Ellen's voice, I had last heard her yelling that phrase several months earlier when we were out here skinny-dipping in the pool and she had jumped in with that same cry. At that time she was only 7 months pregnant but Pete still had a hard time accepting that she had done it. This time, I saw his face go white as he whirled to see what she was doing. What she was doing was laughing hysterically as she saw the shocked look on his face.

"Gotcha!" She laughed, holding her belly as she did so.

"I can't believe you would even think about that." Was all that Pete could say.

"How long have you known me and you still don't understand my sense of humor?" She said, trying to hold back more laughs as I could see a tear running out of the corner of her eye.

"What am I going to do with you?" He said, starting to loosen up a little bit.

"How about you come into the pool with me?" Ellen suggested, starting to unbutton her blouse.

"Ellen!" Pete was stunned, so stunned he couldn't move but his words had no effect on her as she had removed her blouse and was shimmying out of the skirt she had been wearing. She stood there looking at him wearing only some massive maternity undergarments, the same type I had seen Courtney where months earlier. Without waiting for him to respond, she soon had stripped naked and was walking toward the pool.

"Don't you dare think of jumping in!" Pete had found his voice.

"No dear, I'm going to walk in. Now, why don't you get out of your clothes to join me here in the water!" Ellen said to Pete as she continued walking toward the steps and then down into the water.

Pete was standing there stunned, the rest of us were looking at him to see if he was going to do as she had asked.

"Anybody else coming in?" Ellen said from the water, it was just above her belly with her now enlarged breasts almost floating atop it. It didn't surprise me, Alex was the first to follow and soon she too was naked although she jumped into the water instead of wading in as Ellen had. It didn't take long before Lizzie followed their lead and soon there were 3 naked women in the water while Pete was still trying to decide what he was going to do.

"Here Travis, hold your daughter." Courtney said to me as she placed Alexandra into my arms. I shouldn't have been surprised, as soon as I was holding the little girl Courtney was stripping off her own clothing, soon she too was naked and had joined the others in the pool. Pete was looking at me as though he wanted me to make the decision for him. That was something that I wouldn't do, it was going to have to be his own choice. I think his Deputy Kevin was having the same issues although he didn't seem to have any problems looking at the naked women who were floating around in the pool. Pete had seen all the women naked in the past, he had been here a few times although most times they were merely topless rather than totally nude. He had never joined them, not even taking off his shirt. I was surprised when he started unbuttoning his shirt now, I wondered how far he would strip down but then again, if he took off something he'd likely have to take off everything if he intended to join the women in the water.

Pete was down to his boxers, I could see they were silk with little hearts on them. I was going to say something but then I remembered today was his wedding day and he probably had planned for Ellen to be the only one to see them later this evening. Still, I filed the info away in the back of my mind just because. He had stripped down to his boxers rather quickly but seemed to be having a bit of hesitation when the time came to remove them. I could remember the first time I was in this position with all the women waiting for me to remove my own underwear and I could completely understand his hesitance. He took a deep breath and pulled down, releasing his pecker from the confines of his boxers and quickly dove into the water. I don't know if he thought the water would provide much cover, but he certainly wasn't ready to stand there and allow everyone to see him on display. As Pete had been stripping down I noticed his Deputy Kevin was doing the same, he was a bit nervous about removing his clothing in front of the others but soon he too was naked and joining the rest of them in the water.

"I'll hold her if you want to join the others Travis." JoAnn offered as I had been sitting there casually playing with my daughter. I hadn't even thought about her but she was still dressed as she had been since we arrived.

"Thanks Jo, but I think I'll sit this one out for a little while at least. You can join them if you want, you know it's been a long time since I saw you wearing anything except your bikini bottoms." I chuckled, it was true I normally saw her wearing a lot less than she was today. She smiled at the words, she knew exactly what I was referring to.

"I think I just might. If you're sure you don't want me to hold her for a while I think I am going to get some time in the water." She answered as she started unbuttoning her own blouse. It didn't take her nearly as long as it did Kevin and Pete to completely disrobe, her clothes were on the chair next to me and she was in the water about a minute later. I was just sitting there contemplating life, tickling my daughter and drinking a can of Coke when I saw 2 more naked forms run across the concrete and jump into the pool. It surprised me but then I realized it was the catering girls. They didn't seem to have any issues with being naked in front of the rest of us, they were splashing and swimming around in the pool as though this was a normal part of their daily activity. I hadn't given a lot of thought while they were clothed, but each of them was very attractive during the brief flash I had of them as they ran toward the water. I knew I would get a better look when they got out, they couldn't stay in there forever.

*****

Everyone stayed in the pool for about an hour before deciding it was time to get out. It was late evening although the sun was still another 2 hours before setting. I had thought of stripping down and taking Alexandra into the shallow end but just decided to sit back and watch. I didn't see any signs of overt sexual activity, just a lot of people having a good time although everyone was naked as they enjoyed themselves. I did notice, however, that Kevin seemed to be devoting more of his time to the 2 Mexican caterers than he was to Lizzie. Lizzie noticed but didn't say anything, I think she was having more doubts about seeing him much longer. I was sorry about that, she was a beautiful woman and fun to be with and I thought she deserved something better than that. Still, it wasn't my responsibility to manage her social life and I had no doubt that one day she would find what she was looking for. As people started getting out slowly, I had the opportunity to check everyone as they emerged. I had seen all of the women but for the catering girls and as I had suspected, each was very attractive as she got out. Neither seemed particularly embarrassed to be naked, they stood around talking to several of the others without dressing. Soon they had to leave, I guess they needed to get the truck back to the shop and finish up their job. It looked obvious that Kevin was sad to see them go but I suspect this would not be the last time he saw one or both of them again. I looked at Lizzie as she was watching the 3 of them say goodbye, I could see the sadness on her face and then she looked in my direction and we shared a brief moment of empathy. I made a note that I would spend extra time with her shortly, I thought she would need a little cheering up. Pete and Ellen each got out and dressed, they were heading back to Pete's place where they expected to stay until it would be time for Ellen to make a visit to the hospital. Everyone wished them well, hoping that Ellen's labor went quickly and smoothly and expecting to hear every last detail. Soon all had departed but for Courtney and Alex, Liz and JoAnn. It was getting later and I offered an invitation to JoAnn to spend the night. She didn't object, gladly accepting and knowing she was in the company of good friends who cared deeply for her.

123456...9