True Love Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

Manda told him she was sorry for not discussing beforehand about what she'd offered. "I couldn't," she said. "I didn't know myself, it came at the spur of the moment. It was just what I thought we had to do."

"Well," he'd said, after calming down. "I guess it was very stupid and very sweet of you. Admirable and all that, but as you see: she just pisses on your kindness, just as she pissed on me all those years. No need for us to go on with it."

He'd been wrong assuming that Manda wouldn't do it, of course. When they checked out, she asked him to wait for a minute and she walked over to the travel agency, where she collected an envelope, checked what was inside and handed it back to the girl behind the desk.

"Now we leave," she said, smiling. She put her arm through his and laid her head against his shoulder. He sighed and shrugged.

"You're mad, Manda," he said.

"Yes," she agreed.

Within weeks after they returned, John was over his head into work. The pressure was on ever since he stepped back into his office. Most of what had happened on the island sank to the remote niches of his mind -- even the tan soon disappeared. So when he came home one night, he didn't guess the source of Manda's low spirit. "What's happened, darling?" he asked.

"Ah well, " she said, shrugging. "I guess you were right all along."

"About what?" he wondered.

"Olga cashed in the ticket," Manda said. There were tears in her eyes.

John needed a moment to understand. Manda came into his arms. "I called the travel agency," she went on. "They told me that Ms. Olga Jensen came for her airline ticket three days after we left the island, but that she returned two days later to sell it back. She took the money and walked out. They never heard of her after that."

John kissed her eyes. They tasted salty. "Honey," he whispered. "You are wonderful. I love you, only you, and I beg you to forget her. Promise me."

She looked up. They kissed.