Trust Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Iris, I'll only upset everyone and bring down the mood of such a happy occasion."

"No you won't, because we care about you."

&&&

Salina walked in the room tentatively. "Hi" she whispered to Ayasha.

"You're here," Ayasha said as she sat up. "Did you see her? She's so beautiful."

"Yes, I went to up and saw her. She is beautiful. How are you doing?" Salina asked.

Ayasha held out her arms for a hug and Salina hugged her back crying a bit. "Don't cry," said Ayasha.

"Congratulations," said Salina. "I'm truly happy for you. You have a wonderful family."

"Yes, I do and so do you. We're still friends," Ayasha said holding on to Salina's hand.

Just then Storm and others came in. "Hey sweethe..." Storm began but suddenly stopped when he saw Salina.

"Hello there," said Collin as he kissed Salina on the cheek. "Thanks for coming."

"Thanks for having me," replied Salina.

"Hello again," said Brad to Salina as he also gave her a kiss.

"Hello." Salina replied timidly but looked at Storm and very softly said "hello."

"Hello," Storm returned before turning to Ayasha. "She beautiful just like her mother."

"Yes, she is. How are you feeling sweetheart?" Brad asked coming over to kiss Ayasha on the cheek.

"I feel well. I want to hold her."

"You will, very soon. They're bringing her down," Collin replied.

Ayasha looked up at Storm, "It'll be your turn soon."

Storm immediately looked at Salina. When she felt his eyes on her, she looked at him

then quickly looked away.

"Ayasha, I have to go. Congratulations to you both again. She's beautiful."

"Wait, stay a bit longer, they're bringing her down," Collin suggested.

"I can't. Thank you. Goodbye."

After Salina left, Storm walked over to Brad, "What did you mean by 'hello again'?"

Brad looked at Storm, "All she cares about is you not being hurt."

"What?" Storm asked confused.

&&&

"It's a good thing I have the key and know the code of the alarm," said Brad as he sat in the chair on the opposite side to Storm and took a drink of his beer.

Storm didn't look up at him but took a drink of his beer also. Brad noticed he was on his sixth bottle and the look on his face was far from happy.

"For a guy who became an uncle less than a week ago, you don't look happy." Still no response. "There's more to this breakup than what meets the eye. Or do you want a family that badly?"

"What do you want Brad?" Storm finally asked.

"I want to know the truth to begin with."

After almost five minutes Storm spoke. "She's worth millions and no one can find out."

"Is it stolen?"

"No, legally earned and inherited."

After about five minutes, Brad spoke, "That's not all." Brad watched as Storm swiftly look at him before turning away and tried to forced his body to relax but the tension was still about, just below the surface. "There's more to this breakup. Secrets both you are holding on to that's eating you both up inside. You're my best friend and brother. You're my family."

After about ten minutes Storm spoke, "She's the goddaughter of a notorious drug lord..."

"Fuck!"

"Her father didn't know and when he found out he cut all ties. But Ian was already her godfather and when her father died, he came back for her. When she resisted," he paused, "he beat her almost to death."

"What? How..."

"She was about fifteen years old."

"Storm..."

"Henry put the drug money in her name because of how her father's will was written to save her life but she's still afraid even though she's gotten her inheritance."

"That's why she doesn't want you hurt..."

"You keep saying that. When did you speak with her?"

"She ordered dinner but was afraid to come in. When I brought the food to her we spoke for a bit but she's began to cry and kept saying she didn't want you hurt."

"She's also worried about her nanny."

"Her nanny?"

"Yes, the only family she has left. She's terrified of her getting hurt."

"And she thinks the only way to protect you is to stay away from you."

"She doesn't trust me," Storm said dragging his hand through his hair. "She doesn't trust anyone."

"She doesn't..."

"Yeah, I know. She doesn't know how." Storm sighed.

After a brief moment of silence, "She loves you. She loves you enough to give you up," said Brad. "You have to teach her how to trust you."

12