Tumbling off the Cliff Ch. 11

Story Info
She tells him about the baby.
1.4k words
4.65
13.3k
1

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 11/01/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shandal
shandal
290 Followers

Some people are walking disaster areas, so what would happen if a very together and successful man falls for a ditzy but sexy woman?

Sparks fly between Mitch and Lisa in this romantic story.

It is a slow build to hot sex in later chapters, with lots of clashes of personality and misunderstanding in-between.

*

The air was fresh and the day bright as they walked hand in hand across the grassy area towards the Diana Fountain in Hyde Park. Mitch had on a baseball cap and dark glasses and Lisa giggled telling him that was a sure fire way to be recognised in London as no one needed to wear dark glasses even in the height of summer. Dressed herself in tight jeans and an off shoulder cerise tight top, she walked along in her boots, the pointed heels sinking into the grass, making walking more of a hobble than a walk.

Arriving at the memorial they stood and watched as people balanced on the side of the white granite low sides, their feet in the swirling and bubbling water as it made its way around the circular cascade down to the calm pool at the bottom where small children floated sticks. Mitch wrapped his arms around her, resting his chin on the top of her head, his body against her back. Silently they stood and watched in peace as people enjoyed themselves, un-noticed.

Pulling her closer he whispered in her ear, "This is as close as you get. There's water there and I don't trust you near it."

Smiling Lisa held onto his arms that were wrapped around her and told him, "Did I mention I was born under the birth sign of Aquarius."

"Now why doesn't that surprise me?"

"Water and me, we just seem to gravitate to each other."

Kissing her ear he muttered "and then sling it at me!"

"If you behave yourself you have nothing to worry about."

"Is that how you're going to control me, threatening to soak me if I step out of line for the rest of our lives."

Lisa felt herself go still, not sure if she had heard right. "The rest of our lives?"

"Mmmm."

"Is that a proposal?"

"Mmmmm......."

Turning around in his arms she looked up and smiled, "Not much of a proposal Mitch....where are the fluffy romantic words?"

"The screenwriter hasn't gotten round to sending me the script yet. So what do you say?"

Stepping back she looked up into the reflection in his sunglasses, a serious look on her face, "We need to talk."

"So is that a yes or a no?"

"It's a 'we need to talk'."

"Ok...I think."

Taking her hand they started to walk, the twinkling water of the Serpentine Lake on their left, people swirling past them on roller blades, jogging and walkers out for the day in the famous London Park, enjoying the dying summer weather. Close to the edge of the Lake by the Lido Mitch suddenly heard a screech to his right and turning saw a group of teenage girls pointing towards him.

"Oh oh....rumbled." As the girls ran up to them, surrounding him, the fans pushing Lisa aside as they started to ask for autographs. More people started to notice what was happening, and started to join the crowd around him, and Lisa found herself pushed more and more to the back of the growing crowd. Mitch's head could be seen emerging from the centre of the ever growing mass of excited people. Stumbling back as her heels dug into the narrow green strip of grass next to the side of the Lake she lost balance and falling back ended sitting up to her waist in the cold water.

Hearing her shriek, Mitch tried to push his way across to where the sound came from, until he managed to find her, sitting soaked in front of him. Looking up at him as he stood there laughing his head off at the sight of her predicament, the crowd of fans surrounding him, staring down at the sight of her in the water Lisa shouted, "Don't just stand there, give me a hand you big oaf."

Balancing on the edge, he held out his hand to her, "Makes a change Lisa. You wet, me dry." Just as he grabbed her hand, she pulled and losing his balance he fell forward, face first, to land next to her in the shallow waters at the edge of the Lake. Behind him he could hear the collective gasp of the crowd of onlookers, and getting up onto his knees, his jeans and sweatshirt dripping wet, he sat on his haunches next to Lisa as she sat there waist high in the water.

"Is that a yes?"

Grinning up at him she threw her arms around his neck and shouted "YESSSS."

*

Back at his apartment, starting to strip off his damp clothes Mitch told Lisa, "We can move all your things into here as soon as possible. I'm due to go next month to do some recording for a Pixar movie character in LA and we can rent a place over there further up the coast, spend some time chilling out after. Plenty of water in the Pacific babe for you to play around with."

"Mitch we need to talk......"

"George is going to look around for a play either here or New York....you ever been to New York? It would be a short run, maybe twelve weeks or so, a month, maybe six weeks rehearsals,"

"Mitch slow down....."

"Then there's the post production work on the project I've just finished.......we'll need to go back over some time to do the overdubs and stills for the promotional stuff......we can arrange to get married maybe after LA and the post production work."

"MITCH SHUT UP A MOMENT."

"Then the promo tour....."

"SHUT UP......"

Turning around as he pulled off the last of his damp clothes, he stared at Lisa who was standing there still in her damp clothes. "What?....." a hollow feeling suddenly settling in the pit of his stomach.

"We need to talk Mitch.......there's something you need to know!

Sitting down on the side of the bed he watched as she started pacing back and forth, her hands clasped in front of her, a look of worry on her face, her body outlined by her damp clinging top.

"What ever it is babe we can deal with it......"

Stopping in front of him she took a deep breath, "I'm pregnant......"

Blinking a frown on his face, "Pregnant. As in a baby?"

"No you idiot as in litter of cats. Of course a baby."

"A baby....."

"Yes.....a baby."

"My God, that's......."

"What. What is it Mitch...."

"A shock.....how far gone?"

"Two and a half months."

Standing up a look of shock on his face, "Two and a half months. When were you going to tell me? How long have you known?"

"When you were in Canada."

"Canada....and you didn't tell me before....."

"I wasn't sure how you would take it."

"Take it? Didn't you think I should have known?"

"I'm telling you now...."

Running his hand through his hair, "A baby....I hadn't planned on a baby."

"Well nor did I."

"It's a bit of a shock......"

Lisa watched him sit back down on the side of the bed, her heart in her throat, "I want to go home Mitch."

Looking up he told her, "It's just a shock...." Getting up and walking over to her, "I just need to get used to it."

Stepping back she looked at him, "Well you have six and a half months to get used to it........so take your time." And with that she stalked out the room, down the hall to the office, picked up the phone and dialled for a cab.

Pulling on a pair of jeans and following her Mitch heard her ask for a cab to pick her up as soon as possible. "Where are you going?"

"Home...."

"Lisa....."

Turning to him, "Don't Mitch...just don't. I need some space. We're going to have a baby.....I'm going to have a baby. If you don't want it, you don't want me......forget the proposal. The answers no!"

"Jesus woman, how did we get from getting married and happy to breaking up and you storming out in less than an hour?"

"Maybe it's just as well.....maybe I'm just not ready to travel all over the world traipsing after you, pushed aside by fans, child in arms. Maybe I have a different dream Mitch. Ever thought of that?"

Standing with his mouth open, he watched as she stalked out the room, the door slamming behind her, the sound of her high heels clicking on the sandstone tiles as she left him yet again.

shandal
shandal
290 Followers