Turning 40 Pt. 01

Story Info
Approaching her 40th Birthday Gail finally starts to go wild.
8.7k words
4.27
47.4k
54
13

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/20/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mastergo
Mastergo
283 Followers

Gail had never been the wild girl, she knew that even her best friends would describe her as safe, reliable and sensible! While this had bothered her on the odd occasion she had during her 39 years managed to get good grades at school, graduate with a first in University and land a great graduate position that had really set her on her career path to be a defence lawyer.

She knew that being a lawyer also didn't help, the hours of research, the sensible clothes and the public scrutiny all played a part in reinforcing that perception of her as safe and sensible.

But in her mid 30's something had changed she wasn't sure exactly what it was and when she had brought up these vague feelings with her girlfriends they all dismissed them as just her worrying about getting older. Still from 35 to now 39 these feelings had only gotten stronger not disappeared or gone away.

Of course being a sensible, career minded woman Gail was married to her husband Tom and they had a daughter who was turning 10. Gail had seldom if ever thought that there was anything wrong with her marriage and hadn't for a second considered that her feelings of disquiet were in anyway related to her domestic situation.

All she knew about how she felt was that she felt at times like something was missing that somehow she had missed something important. She had no idea what this thing was and given her heavy work schedule and domestic jobs as well she seldom had spare time to sit and think about these things deeply. The feelings just came to her sometimes and often at the most unexpected times.

The most recent of these times had been when she was in the local mall with her daughter. Approaching 10 her daughter was always happy to sit in the mall while Gail had a coffee and watch the older teenage girls strolling around, giggling and flirting with boys. Her daughter had asked her a question along the lines of, "Did you come to the mall with friend when you were younger mum?"

Gail replied "of course I did, honey."

As she said this she had become aware of the sensation that her experience was not like these girls. These gaggles of girls were dressed up, sexually precocious and seemed to have no problem flirting with boys. Gail had always been so serious and focussed at their age that if a boy had spoken to her she would have fled in the opposite direction at worst and at best have managed a weak smile and a quick reply. In fact, she recalled with embarrassment that when she was 15 she had often not come to the mall at all preferring to study for exams. She sat there finishing her coffee pondering why she felt embarrassed by this fact now? It hadn't bothered her at the time.

One of the recent developments that had not helped Gail feel any better was that she had joined a new firm as a partner recently. Most people that she worked with on a daily basis were eager graduates looking to make their mark and kick-off their careers or people in their first real legal job. Her firm had a great reputation as being a good name to have on your CV and always attracted great talent and she was glad that her reputation had helped in attracting some of the brightest young female lawyers in the area. She had joined 18 months ago, and had made a real impact in the firm's recruitment.

The thing that caused her disquiet though was that this firm was based right in the heart of London, convenient for work with the proximity of the courts but of course having a reputation as a great place for launching your career meant that it had a much younger ethos than her previous firm. People were always going out and organising things and Gail was conscious that she seldom went and if she did it was as a senior manager only to buy a round and then leave relatively early. She felt that she never went to these events, Gail the Partner did!

It was when her husband mentioned her approaching 40th and throwing her a special party that things started to really change for Gail. The details of the party got bigger and bigger, the location he wanted to book was quite extravagant and a lot of friends, colleagues and associates from various organisations would be invited and this was still most of a year away from her actual birthday.

The more the details were discussed the more Gail felt less like it was about her and more that it was a big party for the sake of being seen to have a big party! but she knew with both their careers that it was always likely to end up like this. So, dresses were being discussed, along with decorations and themes including other things like that which simply took more of her time. That and her growing sense of uncertainty and the fact that she was really starting to dread turning 40 or was it the party?

None of this was helping her growing sense of something being not quite right!

In February Gail and Tom were invited to a friend's 40th Birthday party, which sounded like the polar opposite of the massive thing Tom was organising for Gail. Her friend Debbie who she had known for about 15 years, since they had worked together early in their careers, was a really down to earth woman. She was 5 foot 4, wore jeans all the time, loved rock music and had always thrown herself into the party lifestyle of a young graduate in London. On many of these occasions she had pulled Gail along with her and while Gail didn't have many drunken escapade stories the ones she did have all seemed to involve Debbie.

In fact Gail's one and only one night stand had happened after a particularly wild night out followed by everyone going back to Debbie's flat to keep the party going through the night. A quick fumble on the sofa turning into a frantic fuck on top of her friends bed and piles of coats.

They had remained good friends all this time and regularly met up in London for a coffee and a catch-up and tried not to talk shop so Gail was really looking forward to the party.

"What are you wearing tomorrow?" Tom asked her as they settled down in front of the TV on Friday night.

"OH I don't know a dress probably but more casual than dressy, you know Debbie she will probably be in jeans," Gail replied.

"Hmmmmm the invitation just says come as you are," Tom said.

Gail sighed she could tell Tom just wanted to go in a casual shirt and jeans but that if she was going to be smarter he would feel he had to be smarter as well.

"Yeah I know you can wear jeans and a shirt if you like," she sighed

"Great," he replied "as long as you don't make me look too much like a slob with your outfit."

Gail laughed "I am sure we will be fine whatever we wear it's a party with a rock band followed by a DJ playing."

Still Tom felt the need to say "Yeah but don't wear to smart a dress I want to have fun and dance and you get so protective of some of your clothes."

"OK Tom I get it casual is good I'll look at some options in the morning," Gail replied, "I might have to go shopping!"

After sending Tom off to drop their daughter off with his parents for the night Gail started to have a look at clothes. She knew what Tom meant her wardrobe was predominantly full of work clothes which were way too boring for a party, or casual clothes which were probably too much on the casual side. Tom would be wearing jeans and a shirt but the shirt she knew would be quality and the jeans he wore were quite expensive.

Gail called one of her friends and asked her for advice/what she was wearing. Turns out jeans and a top seemed to be the standard combination for most of their friends. It had actually been a while since Gail had bought a decent pair of jeans so she headed out.

As she browsed through the jeans an assistant came over and after a quick discussion Gail was heading into the fitting room with several pair of jeans that the assistant had described as skinny jeans. Despite approaching her 40th year Gail had a good figure and was a nice size 10 she was still pleased that the jeans were called skinny even though she really knew that was the style name. At 5 foot 6 Gail needed a regular or long fit on her jeans so she had to try a few pairs on to get something that absolutely worked. Then it was down to style preference. She went for a pair of jeans that were quite expensive a brand she had never heard of but which the assistant assured her was quite a hit brand right now. She had a good look at herself wearing them and couldn't believe how little they left to the imagination. "it's like a second skin," she said to herself.

Now she needed a top and new underwear.

Before she walked away from the young assistant who had helped her pick the jeans she approached her again and said "Do you mind if I ask you a question?"

"No of course not that's my job really," she replied

"What age are you? sorry I know that's personal but I am going to a party and it's a 40th but I want to surprise people by wearing something a bit less me, a bit younger not my usual old thing," Gail spluttered out, the words seeming to come on top of each other. She realised she was nervous asking the question. No not the question, nervous to be doing something she hadn't thought through, to be acting on impulse and to be doing something no-one who knew her well would expect. Gail wondered what had come over her recently?

"Sure that's OK I'm 21, still a student so I see a lot of different clothes girls my age wear. Also working here, I get to see a lot of really cool clothes that I could never afford, but if you are asking me what I would wear with those jeans for a party? then I definitely have a recommendation for you," she smiled.

"Really that's great can you show me?" Gail asked.

"Follow me," she replied.

The assistant led Gail to another section of the shop.

"I love this top," she said pulling out a silver top which shimmered and moved really nicely. It would sit just slightly above the waistband of the jeans showing a little bit of flesh and was largely backless.

"it's so fun, gorgeous and sexy," she said "and if I could afford to buy a £100 top this is the one I would buy. It's just perfect for a party with those jeans. The way it will move when you dance is great"

"Wow," Gail replied "that's definitely not my usual style, let me go and try it on."

"Over there," said the assistant indicating the dressing rooms "and try it on with the jeans, it's an outfit."

Gail quickly undressed and she took a moment to really look at herself in the dressing room mirror. As this was a more upmarket department store the dressing rooms were nicely done out with plenty of space and mirrors to cover plenty of angles.

Standing there in just her underwear Gail ran her hand across her stomach, she didn't think she looked too bad at all for a woman in her 40th year. She was glad she had lost her baby weight quite easily and as she looked at herself in the mirror she thought to herself not bad girl not bad.

She gave herself a good long look, if she was gonna change anything for turning 40 now was as good a chance to think about it while she had a minute. They never rushed you in these places.

She liked her legs they were long, slender and had a good shape to them, standing on her tip toes she wondered about buying some heeled boots to make them look even better. Her stomach was taught not completely flat and she thought to herself that she could maybe lose 4 or 5 pounds before her birthday really get into shape. She had plenty of time.

Her long red hair sat past her shoulders and she decided that it badly needed a cut and style and she knew that once she was finished here she would phone her regular stylist and get booked in for later. As a regular they would make sure to squeeze her in.

Gail shimmied into the skinny jeans and slipped on the new top.

"Oh god," she said out loud as she saw herself in the mirror. The low cut of the jeans and the cut of the top which was draped so it moved as she moved meant that if she stood still a good inch of her stomach was on display and when she moved quite a bit more. Gail bit her lip she was really uncertain, this was far from her normal conservative safe style and yet something within her knew she wanted to do something different for this party.

"Are you OK in there?" the assistant asked.

Pushing Back the curtain Gail walked out and said "Yeah I'm fine thanks just not sure about the top."

The sales assistant exclaimed "That is so cute, you look amazing."

"Really?" Gail queried.

"Of course you do," the assistant said and carried on with "the jeans look great, really show off your legs and the top is just perfect especially if there is dancing look how it moves."

Something in the enthusiasm of the girl's response just hit Gail, this was what she wouldn't have done when she was this girls age. This is what she would have avoided. It was then that it hit her she needed this outfit, she needed this change and of course this outfit was still not complete.

"OK," Gail said, "I'm going to need lingerie that I can wear with this top and these jeans."

The sales assistant nodded and said "Of course, anything else?"

"High heeled ankle boots I think," Gail stated.

"OK follow me," the assistant said and led Gail once more into the store.

Gail was starting to feel quite giddy as she followed the young assistant through the store. For a start, she was wearing the new outfit and she had noticed a few heads turn as she walked past. Never having been the centre of attention this was a new thrill for her.

"Lingerie first I think," the girl said.

"Strapless bra and a thong or barely there type back knicker, would be about right. Any particular colour?" she asked.

Caught up in the moment and how she was feeling Gail said "why don't you pick; this top is perfect so find me the perfect thing to go with it."

Before the assistant set off Gail asked her "What's your name?"

"Rebecca," she replied.

Rebecca returned a few moments later holding some of the sheerest and barely there lingerie that Gail had ever seen. Rebecca had tended to go for grey or smoky colours which would really complement the top but had one set in a nude which would go with anything.

"Do you want to try this on or look at boots and then check out the whole thing?" she asked.

"Let's check out the whole thing," Gail replied by now really enjoying her shopping experience.

Rebecca quickly swung through the shoe department after getting Gail's sizes. She was almost bouncing when she came back with 3 boxes.

"You look excited," Gail smiled.

"We need to get you back to the fitting room, the most darling boots in the world were available in your size," she gabbled excitedly.

Gail laughed at her and said "OK, I've got a few things to try on."

Rebecca smiled at her and said "You sure do!"

Getting back to the changing rooms Rebecca was arranging everything in order for Gail.

"OK so left to right are your lingerie options in order the ones on the left are I think the best for you but have a look and try the ones you like. The boots are in order from the top," Gail had her instructions.

"If you want me to give you an opinion please just let me know I will stay right here," Rebecca said.

"Thanks," Gail replied and pulled the curtain closed.

Stripping out of all her clothes Gail turned to look at the selected lingerie. Rebecca had chosen very sheer lace cup bras and tiny little knickers. Picking up the first set Gail tried on the bra. It wasn't a backless bra but instead had a clear back strap and opened in the front. The knickers were tiny made of the same material and being smoky grey they almost felt ethereal as she slipped them on she couldn't believe how soft they felt and imagined for a minute them being pulled down urgently before she was fucked.

She was slightly shocked at herself she seldom had very sexual thoughts like this but all the new feelings and sensations were making her think very differently.

Gail couldn't believe how sexy these items made her feel, she quickly tried a couple of the others on but Rebecca was right the first set was perfect. She slipped them back on.

"Hi Rebecca," Gail said.

"Can I come in?" Rebecca asked.

"Please do," Gail replied.

As Rebecca stepped in her face light up "Oh my god, those look even better on you then I thought they would."

Gail felt herself blush and mumbled "Thanks."

Rebecca made a few changes to the straps etc and stepped back.

"OK put everything else back on," she instructed Gail.

"And now for boots," she almost bounced over the boxes.

Gail laughed "Which ones do you like Rebecca?"

Rebecca opened the first box and pulled out an ankle boot with black laces and a 4 inch heel. Holding them out to Gail like she had just won a prize.

Gail slide her feet into them, they fit perfectly and stood up.

Rebecca couldn't help herself and blurted out "You look so sexy, I am so jealous."

Gail had to agree she didn't recognise herself and she knew that Tom would be very surprised when she got home tonight.

"Thank you for all your help Rebecca, everything is just right. If you could bag it up I will take everything I am wearing and would it be possible for you to get me another set of the lingerie please?" Gail asked.

"Of course," Rebecca replied. "See you at the till."

Gail finished paying for her new outfit and thanked Rebecca, "Thank you so much I really appreciate all your help today."

"It was my pleasure, I hope you don't mind but we offer a personal shopper service for a small charge I popped my details into your bag for the future."

Gail smiled "I will certainly be happy to use your services in the future. I'll see you soon."

The last call of an exhilarating day for Gail was her favourite hair salon. With a glass of wine in hand she relaxed as the stylist gave her hair a much-needed cut and style.

Tom was sitting watching TV when Gail got in arms full of bags.

"OH no," he said in mock horror seeing the bags.

"Don't worry the bank account can take it," Gail laughed as she breezed through the door and upstairs.

As they started to get ready to go out later that evening Tom was curious about what his wife had bought. But she kicked him out the room while she dressed.

"You'll see!" was all she said.

Showered, shaved and dressed Tom was waiting downstairs with a beer when Gail walked into the room. As he turned he was aware of his facial expression and knew that Gail could see his surprise.

"You like?" she said and did a little turn.

Tom was stunned, Gail never dressed like this. He most certainly did like and wondered where the night might be heading. One thing was sure dressed like that he almost hoped the party would be a bust so he could get her home and ravish her she looked amazing.

"You look amazing," he said, "simply stunning. Are you wearing a bra?"

"Haha yes I am in fact, look the straps see through," Gail replied.

Taking a closer look Tom couldn't resist putting his hand on her hip and gently stroking her flat stomach where the skin was exposed.

Gail laughed "Not now, later. But I am glad you like my new outfit."

Tom liked and also couldn't wait to get it off her, she was like a new woman.

Tom had an uber on the way to take them the short distance to the hotel and bar complex that was hosting the party. Neither of them had been here before but they knew of it and expected it to be a good night out.

They were clearly not the first to arrive and there was a good crowd already on the dance floor when they checked their coats in.

Gail could see Debbie on the dance floor already having a good time and waved over to her, waving back Debbie made some hand signals that she would be over soon.

"Debbie's on the dance floor, shall we get a drink?" Gail asked Tom.

"May as well," Tom replied and the headed to the bar. Grabbing a couple of drinks Gail and Tom circulated through the party. Gail knew quite a few people here and over the years Tom had met a fair few of them as well. Like a lot of couples though Tom knew that really this would be a night for Gail and he hoped he would just get to dance with Gail in her sexy new outfit. In his head, Tom was noticing a lot of men looking at Gail as they walked through the room. He felt quite proud to be seen with such a sexy woman.

Mastergo
Mastergo
283 Followers