Two in a Body: An Interlude

Story Info
An interlude to the hunt.
2.3k words
4.18
16.2k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,347 Followers

I woke up to find Gayle was already pulling on his gray suit. He'd just showered; the scent of his lavender soap was strong in the air still. That was unusual that I would notice, I usually couldn't smell him. "Oh, you're up." Gayle said casually as he pulled his shoulder length chocolate tresses behind his shoulders tying a black ribbon to keep it in a single tail.

"Yes I am." I replied. I wasn't sure where we were or how I had gotten there. I remembered Raphael from the night before, and the girl. There was a chance I'd forgotten to kill her but I doubted it.

"Yes it was just one night. I've only been here since around three I think. You need to keep your pants on though. I'm tired of finding you naked outside. What else would be nice is getting back to a bed, any bed before passing out. What was up with me waking up in an alley with a dead whore with a bottle shoved inside her?"

"I don't know, I just god dizzy and passed out. I started off with pants, true form, you know how it is. Armani suits aren't designed for beings with wings and tails."

"You ripped my suit?! What the fuck Asylum?" I felt his anger rising up. "Which one?"

"The black one with the silver buttons all the way up." I replied. It didn't matter now and he would find out soon enough.

"Least it wasn't my gray one," Gayle growled in response staring at the mirror. His eyes were still glowing a light blue so he wasn't too upset with me. "Anyway I'm going out tonight. I haven't gone out in weeks."

"Be my guest. I need time to think anyway. What day is it?" I asked no longer interested in Gayle.

"Thursday." Good I had no need to force my hand yet. "Now you're going to behave right?"

"You're the one who fucked me Gayle. I just fell asleep." I paused slightly. "I fell asleep Tuesday."

"You didn't fall asleep, you passed out. Big difference. You haven't given me any time for a month. I was starting to feel pent up with nothing but my thoughts to keep me company. I know you've been through Hell but for me being pent up in the darkness for weeks is pretty close."

"Fine but I'm going out Friday." I replied.

Gayle finished adjusting the suit and walked to the front door. I didn't get a good look around, he was moving to quickly so the only thing I really got a view of was the walkway and the red Corvette. I guess it must have been something he owned, I didn't recognize the place. "Gayle?"

"What is it?"

There was a woman across the street dressed in pair of ripped jeans shorts and a white sports bra watering her lawn. Now I know why he lived here. Gayle walked over to her putting on his shades as he approached.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"Good morning Katie." The girl tried to pretend that she hadn't noticed the mocha smooth voice and that she didn't feel his gaze on her flesh. She might have fooled him but not me. I could feel her excitement rise in great flutters. It was making me sick. "Katie." He repeated.

"Where are we?" I repeated a little more insistently.

"Gayle! Good morning!" She smiled and looked up at him. She pinched the hose off and turned to talk to him. She was half his size, probably around the five-foot mark. Sweet hips and a pretty smile. Whatever else I might say about Gayle I have never questioned his taste.

"Morning beautiful." He said and leaned to give her a quick peck on the cheek. "How are you today?"

"Better now." She replied blushing hotly. He wasn't even using his powers. I don't comprehend humans, the females are even worse. "Where's Asy?"

"Who?" Gayle replied quirking a brow.

"Me." I replied in response to his question.

"Oh Asylum." Gayle replied glumly. "What did you do to her?"

"Nothing." I wasn't capable of lying; Yahweh had cursed me in our last meeting. I still haven't figured out how to undo it. Still I have gotten pretty good at omitting details when need be. Being mistaken or ill informed wasn't out of the question either.

"Asylum?"

"What?"

"Well tell him to come by next time you see him." Katie replied smiling up at him. Gayle smiled and nodded then walked away. The motor roared to life with a just a click of his key chain and he sped away. I didn't even get a look at the street signs as he sped down the streets.

"Honestly I don't remember her." I said. I was trying to get some kind of bearing but he was making sure to keep his eyes strictly to the road. I know I could identify each and every yellow dash mark between wherever that house was and where we were.

"She used to be a red head." I know he felt it when I saw her with red hair.

"Oh." I opened my mind and Gayle quickly turned his eyes from it.

"Did you really have to use your demon form!" It wasn't really a question, more like an accusation.

"If you had a tail you would use it too." I replied nonchalantly. He slowed down now. I don't know or think it was for my benefit but I could see the stores as we passed them by. Department stores, designer stores, comic stores, all of downtown poured out before my eyes. "What are we doing?"

"Shopping. You ruined one of my favorite suits. And I have a lady to impress tonight, or two so I need to get gifts."

"I wasn't that bad."

"Let's change the subject I was coming here anyway."

"Fine. Gayle you're almost human. Why are humans so eager to. . . I don't even know what the word is for it. It's not believe, most of them don't believe in anything if you know what I mean."

"Yeah I do." Gayle stopped the car and started walking toward a store. "I think they need it. You don't understand it because you are; were a god. You stood with Jesus; you've crossed blades with Lucifer. Well I've done that but you know what I mean. You know exactly where the food chain stops and how. They don't."

"We don't either. We don't really know how we got here, do you think that angels and demons don't have their own creation stories?"

"I never really thought about it." Gayle turned toward a man dressed in a classic charcoal suit with white pin stripes. The man smiled but no matter how pleasant it looked it wasn't a smile of friendship. It was strictly a professional courtesy.

"Mr. Renaud how can I help you today?" That man didn't like Gayle. His displeasure increased when Gayle only half turned toward him. It tripled when Gayle continued to walk past him as if he'd never seen him.

"I hate that guy." Gayle muttered and walked down the aisle turning coats on the rack.

"It's mutual. Anyway why do humans try so hard to prove to themselves that they are evil? I don't understand it. Drinking, smoking, sex, even making money. How did the angels make humans believe that everything fun is evil? How were they all convinced that everything they knew was wrong?"

"I don't know. I'm not that old." Gayle responded and picked a suit down off the rack. It was an off white color, almost pearl with golden buttons. "I've always wanted to ask you how it happened." He was looking over the coat steadily. I hated it when he dragged me along shopping; it was better being locked in the dark than subjected to this.

"I am. I understand part of it. I don't know maybe I understand too well just like you do with women."

"Shut up." Gayle responded and stepped into the dressing room. "Where are you going Friday?"

I remained silent for a moment. "The Bacchanal."

"Why?" He had his own life; I really don't understand why he was so interested in mine.

"You should really think about working out a little Gayle." I replied when I saw his body, no longer firm and toned.

"Not all of us can assume a perfect shape." He shot back. "But no changing the subject, why are you going."

"Sean."

Gayle Tepes Renaud had no response to that. He fell silent and pulled on the jacket turning slowly before the mirror. For a moment he decided to leave me to my thoughts. "Does this look ok?"

"We are starting to get way to comfortable with each other. You know that right?" I replied. I waited a half breath then added. "It looks fine." I remember a time when he wouldn't think of speaking with me for fear I would take over. He would lock me away in the darkness for as long as he could and I would do the same to him. Now we were sharing conversation, clothing, women, and even giving advice on how to dress. One of the true mysteries of the universe is how things come full circle somehow.

I hated this part, the just being along for the ride. It was almost worse than being trapped in the darkness. In the darkness you were left to your own thoughts and not to the constant distractions of waking. "Gayle!"

"What is it now?" He replied. I was done listening to him and through living his life for the day.

"Wake me if anything interesting happens."

"Ok." He replied and I went into the darkness.

It took a moment for me to form it to my will, a forest with a lake. I stood at the edge of the lake and stared outward. I couldn't understand humans and at the moment it seemed to be the most important thing in the universe. Even later looking back I think it was, if I had understood I would have saved myself a lot of trouble.

I held my hand over the lake slowly twisting its features, changing the shape this way and that playing with the water and sending great waves over the land. It was nothing I wasn't once capable of doing in reality though now I could only do it my own mind. It was still amusing. I found my mind wandering to those humans, my humans.

Father Nigel Azi Jayes so terrified of me. His wife and child as well, Jenna and Jayzen who's real names I might never learn. William and Shiri two more humans whose true names were lost on me and probably would be forever. And Feylina my beautiful daughter trapped in a new body with a new name. It was enough to drive my sanity away.

Then there was the fact that I'd just passed out, in the middle of feeding no less. I hadn't been hurt, not unless Jayes had done something to me. Did his faith have power now? I knew instantly that wasn't the answer, he had no power, not to hurt me. Could it have been Raphael? I hate angels, they are most ignorant beings ever willed into existence and Lucifer excluded I despise the entire race. I've never known one to poison or backstab, they always fight face to face. This was something else, what was it?

I blinked into reality for a moment to see where Gayle had taken us now, some bar.

"Back?"

"For a moment."

"Watch this." Gayle had already chosen out his target for the night. A supple figured blonde who brought back memories of one young starlet or another. He seemed not to pay attention to her as he found a man sitting alone at the bar.

"I need you to do me a favor bud." Gayle said taking a seat on the stool next to him.

"What?" The man replied.

"See that girl over there?" Gayle asked and turned to face her pointing her out. "The one with the black dress,"

"Yeah, what about her?"

"I need you to help introduce us." Gayle said.

"I don't know her." Gayle pulled out his wallet and pulled a twenty from it. "Don't worry you don't need to. Just watch me." Gayle folded the twenty and walked up to the woman. He paused for a moment and leaned down close to her, almost near enough to kiss and turned his head this way and that before backing away. He snapped angrily and walked off and handed the man the twenty.

"Just wait a minute and thanks you earned that." The man looked at him confused but slipped the bill into his pocket. The woman stared at the two for a moment.

"That was bullshit." I said but Gayle didn't respond. The woman then walked over to the pair.

"Excuse me but what was all that about?" She had her hands on her hips as she stared at Gayle not really paying attention to the other man. Gayle kept his eyes locked on hers.

"My friend here just bet me you didn't have the prettiest eyes I'd ever seen. I lost." Gayle delivered the line perfectly. He should have, he rehearsed it long enough. He had her interest too, her eyes widened. She was waiting for him to continue. "Join me for a drink?" It never ceased to amaze me that he could somehow make the most disgustingly obvious lines work.

I had to admit he had gift for getting the things that he wanted. "I'm going." I said.

"Fine don't come back till much later."

"My body in the morning. I have plans." With that I withdrew.

Sean Renaud
Sean Renaud
1,347 Followers