Unbroken Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aidan was just eating while listening to what Prince William was saying. Though the guy was nice and all, Aidan's soul just couldn't accept him. It was like he had done something to him that he didn't know. Something was really wrong. And what about those guards that he had? Why were they strange looking, or at least the one he had met was strange looking. And he had been sure that guard had been after something in that throne but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Aidan ate his breakfast as fast as he could just to get away from that table because he could feel something emanating, something not good at all. Fuck! He just couldn't stand being close to Prince William.

"Excuse me," Aidan excused himself after breakfast. "I will be upstairs."

Aidan was gonna get his phone before finally going to his granny's. Why did he have to forget his phone? He could have just gone to his granny's after breakfast, right? Things would have turned out better and he wouldn't have had to face that prince or his guards.

Aidan got out of the dining room and he was able to feel a bit better. He entered the elevator and was already on his way to his room. It didn't take long at all and he was already in his room.

"Gosh..." He breathed when he saw his phone.

Aidan quickly began moving towards the phone, rushing to it. He was almost near when he heard a strong gush of wind and immediately he felt that wind it was like his senses got sharper. He could sense some form of energy in that room. It was not negative but he could sense it.

Taking a quickly step behind Aidan looked all around extending his hand, moving it from side to side. The wind kept on gushing but he wasn't able to see anyone. He was just ready for anything. Then after a few seconds the wind stopped but he could still feel some energy flowing in that room.

Aidan got ready and extended his arm, opening his palm. Then suddenly he heard a voice and, the priest appeared in front of him, carrying his trident as usual. Aidan breathed and then dropped his palm.

"Priest..." He breathed.

"I could sense that you were confused and you wanted to see me?" He asked, hitting the trident on the floor harder. "Now what seems to be the problem?"

Aidan breathed as he didn't know how the priest was gonna take what he was about to say. "The Prince..." Aidan muttered. "The new..."

"Of course," The priest breathed in the air. "I can sense a strange power in this palace. It is a strong power that..."

"I could sense it too." Aidan said excitedly. He was sniffing it so loudly. "This usually happens when I am around him. I need your help priest. I actually don't know what to do. Yesterday or rather this morning, I found one of the guards in the throne room and I am pretty sure he was looking for something."

"My prince," The priest bowed his head, looking straight at the prince. "Those men are after something in this palace." He confessed.

"What?" Aidan exclaimed, getting closer to the priest. "What are they after? What do they want? Are you telling me that..."

"Yes!" The priest moved his head robotically sniffing the air. "The power is actually stronger. If those men succeed in taking what they came for...something will rise...something might happen."

"What are they..."

"I can't say." The priest said simply. "I can't say what they are after because the almighty does not permit me."

"What?" Aidan couldn't believe a thing of what was going on. The priest was the one that...he was supposed to know. "Can't you stop them?" He asked. "Can't you stop those men from their quest? You have the..."

"I am powerless against those men." The priest said. "I cannot fight against them. They knew before they came to the palace and that's why...it is up to you to stop them."

"What?" Aidan took a step behind. "You've gotta be kidding me." He chuckled nervously. "How can I stop..."

"You did it yesterday," The priest chuckled, moving closer with his trident. "You can stop them if you believe in yourself."

"But..." Aidan paused and tried to move his mouth but he was speechless. The priest was absolutely right after all. Aidan had prevented something from being taken away from that throne room but now...what was going on? What were they after? Could it have been that...what they were looking for was in the throne room or...

The priest gave a loud laugh and then hit his trident harder on the floor. "You can do this. However, you must do it fast because..."

"How?" He asked. "You know very well that..."

"You have the ability to do it." The priest smirked. "You have your powers and everything."

"What are you talking about?" Aidan frowned. "I don't even know how to use these..."

"Of course, you do." The priest chuckled. "All you gotta do is believe with this," He raised the trident and pointed at Aidan's heart. "And with this," He pointed at Aidan's head.

Aidan moved his eyes and stared at the priest, taking a deep breath. "I know what you are saying and...if they are trying to take something from my home...then I have to stop them. It is my duty to stop them and save my palace."

"That's the courage," The priest gestured. "If you believe in yourself there are a lot of things that you can do. A lot of them than you can imagine. I know you have been trying to avoid your gift but you can also use it to help stop those men."

"I know." He gave a gloomy sigh. "But what are those men? Who are they? Can I at least get to know what I will be dealing with here?"

"You will find your answers soon." The priest smiled brightly and hit the trident harder on the floor. A really bright light appeared in front of Aidan and when it disappeared...so did the priest.

Aidan just stood there, wondering about what the priest had just told him. He knew those men were after something in the palace but what was that thing that they needed? He couldn't quite understand it. It was all so confusing. But he had a hint. He knew that whatever they wanted was from the throne room. He was sure of it.

"What are those men really after?" Aidan thought as he sat on the bed with his face on his palm. He needed to understand everything that had happened. But no matter what he did...he couldn't come to a conclusion. It was just confusing him.

"I need to find out what they are after." Aidan said, nodding his head. "I need to really find out what it is that they want. I need to find a way to find out about them and what they are after."

***

"Of course," Hanna laughed, touching her chest. "Everything went just like that. The crazy man even had the nerves to call her after that. Can you imagine all the foolishness?"

Everyone in the living room burst into laughter, touching their chests. They were really into the joke Hanna had just been telling them. It was hilarious and they couldn't stop laughing no matter what they did. It was a really beautiful joke though bad.

Everyone was seated in the living room, laughing and feeling really happy. After breakfast they had all just retired to the living room to tell stories and jokes. They were a royal family but they deserved a really good time too. Everything else was just going perfectly.

As they were laughing Aidan came into the living room and just stood quietly without even saying anything to them. They continued talking and laughing but Aidan neither smiled nor said anything to contribute to their topic.

After what felt like hours Granny noticed that Aidan was quiet and she went near and sat on the couch close to him. She extended her hand and then held his shoulder.

Feeling the hand on his shoulder, Aidan moved his eyes and stared at granny, smiling faintly.

"Son," She called softly. "Are you okay?"

Aidan took a deep sigh after hearing granny's question. "I am okay, granny. It's just that I am really bored. I feel like doing something. Let's do something as a whole family, something exciting and beautiful." He smiled, squeezing granny's hands.

"I think Aidan is right." Hanna smiled. "We should probably go somewhere and just...you know change the environment. It will be really beautiful for all of us. It will also help us relax."

"I know." The queen chuckled. "It's a great idea but..."

"I know." Aidan gasped, slightly moving from the chairs. "Why don't we go and visit my family. I think they would be really happy to have us at home. Besides, I haven't seen the both of them since the party so I would like to see them. But that is if..."

"What do you mean by that?" Granny chuckled, passing her fingers through his hair. "Of course, we would love to go. They are now our family and I think it will just be good if we visit them."

"Yeah," The queen agreed. "I think it's a good idea. We will have a good time there."

"Alright," Aidan quickly got up from the chair, smiling brightly. "Then let's leave right now." He was just so happy that his happiness couldn't be masked. It was emanating from him to everyone else. Everyone that saw him was instantly happy. "Please...mother...granny...please."

"Alright," The queen quickly got up from the couch. "We will go."

"Yes!" Aidan chirped, putting his finger on his lips.

The royal family was really happy seeing Aidan in that mood. He was really happy that he was gonna visit his family, especially with the royal family with him. Everything was turning out for the best and he loved it a whole lot. He couldn't explain the mood that he was in. He just couldn't express it because it was beyond happiness.

Aidan was so happy. In no time they all went outside and were already on their way to Aidan's grandmother's place. It was really beautiful and no matter what...he just couldn't express it.

***

The door bell rang and Ethan rushed to open the door. He was just in a cargo short and a t-shirt without anything on his feet. He had his tablet in his hands as he was busy chatting on social. That wonderful smile was still on his face.

Reaching the door, Ethan opened it wide and then felt strong arms wrapping around him.

"Bro..." Aidan hollered, hugging Ethan tightly. "Oh my God, I really missed you like crazy."

"Aidan!" Ethan gasped, hugging him tightly. "I am so glad you are here. You don't know how I feel right now. I have missed you a lot."

"I missed you too."

"But not more than me," Ethan chuckled. He was really happy.

"Of course," Aidan and Ethan broke the fierce hug and just held each other's hands, smiling as if they were two lovers. OMG Aidan had missed his brother so much. He felt really emotional. "I really missed you. You don't know how it feels like to see you."

"Why don't you..." Ethan trailed off and gaped when he saw the royal family behind Aidan. "Your highness..." He quickly bowed, kneeling down for the royal family. "Welcome to our home."

"What are you doing?" The queen chuckled. "Please, get up okay? We don't do that to our family members. You are a son of the royal family so please...get up."

Ethan bowed his head once more and got up, smiling sheepishly at the queen. "Please. Come inside. I will go and call granny."

After saying that, Ethan ran off to call granny. The royal family chuckled and then entered the house into the living room. They were really happy they had visited Aidan's family with him. This was the first official visit after Aidan and Luis' marriage so they were bound to be happy.

In no time soon granny came and greeted them. She seemed really happy and she hugged Aidan tightly. They were all one happy family together. They loved how everything was turning out to be.

"This is really a surprise." Granny chuckled. "I am so happy that you decided to visit."

"Oh, don't flatter us," The queen mother chuckled. "This is Aidan's doing. Actually we would have never come here if not for your grandson's suggestion. All the credit goes to him."

"Oh!" Aidan's granny wrapped her arms around him. "Then I have to thank him for that." She chuckled. "But you came anyway and it is really beautiful. And you are not leaving here without having any of my food."

"Sure," The queen mother nodded. "We would really love to taste your cooking. I am sure it is lovely."

"My grandmother cooks the best food." Aidan laughed, burying his head in her chest. "She is the best cook I have ever known in my life."

"Even better than mine?" The queen mother raised her eyebrow. "I am pretty sure you told me my food was great." She chuckled.

"Well...let me just say both of you cook the best of foods." He looked at the both of them with a smile. "I love both your foods a lot. I am telling the truth..."

"Busted..." Hanna chuckled softly, staring at Aidan.

"Okay." Both the grannies said. "We will believe you."

"Thank you." He squeezed his granny's hands.

They stayed right there without moving an inch from where they were sitting. They all were having a good time together. If anyone ever saw them they wouldn't recognize them as the royal family. They would have recognized them as...just ordinary people.

But even through all that laughter Aidan was only missing one person and that was his husband. That moment he wished that he was there. He wished that he was holding him and planting soft kisses on his lips. He wished he was slowly massaging his waist. But guess he had no choice but to wait. That was the only way he was gonna survive without Luis...just waiting.

Aidan took a deep sigh before diving into the great story that they were actually talking about. Everything was going just perfectly. Nothing was gonna ruin any of his plans and he was sure of it this time.

***

"Oh my God," The red haired warlock gasped, gripping his head in excitement. "I can't believe this. We will never get another opportunity like this. I am telling you...this is like the best opportunity ever."

"Yes!" William gasped. "I still can't believe this is happening. They have all left the palace for us. They don't even know what is going to happen here. Fools! I tell you. They are a bunch of fools. I couldn't believe it when I heard him."

William and his warlocks were in his room celebrating after hearing that Aidan and the others had left the palace. That had been like the perfect opportunity ever. Now finding that scepter was gonna be the easiest thing ever. They were gonna find it and they were gonna be long gone before the royal family even finds out.

"We have to quicken our search." The blonde haired warlock answered. "We have to find that scepter as soon as possible. Lord Wyatt will not..."

"Father will do nothing because we will find that scepter today." William seethed. "We have to move now and this time there will be no mistakes. We have to use everything that we've got to find that scepter. Then father will greatly award us."

"Yes!" The black haired nodded. "We have to move now."

"Move it." William called.

The four of them left the room with evil grins on their faces. They were just too happy. And they didn't even have to do anything hard to find it. An opportunity had just presented itself right there. Things were going absolutely perfect.

Now Angria was gonna be on its knees.

***

The red haired warlock had both his hands extended, pointing at the three royal guards that stood guard outside the throne room. He was casting a magical spell, connecting his hands spiritually with those guards. The rest of them were just watching, waiting for the enchantments to be done. William was growing impatient by the second.

"Will you hurry it up?"

The red haired warlock's enchantments got faster. He had his eyes on those guys and in no time...their eyes started getting heavy. All of them touched their heads as if they were having a really terrible headache.

As the enchantments got to another level the guards started getting dizzy and as time went on...they were already on the ground, fast asleep. It was almost like they were dead because nothing could be done to them to wake them up unless...the spell wears off.

"Good!" William said as he rushed towards the door. "They have finally gotten out of our way."

"Should we..."

"Leave them here." William ordered. "All that we need is to get inside and everything else will be easy. If any of them gets here in the premises, we will be able to hear them."

William gave a sinister laugh before he opened the door to the throne room. Opening the door, he breathed in the air and chuckled softly but evil could be heard in that voice. His heart was throbbing rhythmically sending waves of pleasure throughout his body. He was happy with the way things were going.

William scanned the whole room, checking every bit or any hint to tell him where the scepter was hidden. That was the only important and valuable item they were only after in that room. Nothing else mattered.

"Finally," He looked all around, chuckling softly. "We have finally gained access to this room without any disturbances. Open your eyes and be careful with what you do in here okay. Finding that scepter is our only goal. Now get to it."

The three warlocks plus the prince quickly rushed in the throne room, moving their eyes from side to side. They couldn't afford to miss anything or lose that scepter. It was the only thing that was keeping them from the wrath of their king. The sooner they find it the sooner they were gonna leave.

William and his warlocks began their search for the golden royal scepter. They searched throughout every wall, touching it to make sure there wasn't a passage or something. They used enchantments to summon that scepter. They used physical powers...they literally used all their magical powers to find that scepter but it was futile. No matter how much they tried it just wasn't being found. It was like their magical powers had suddenly become useless. They searched and searched but it was to no avail. There was no sign of any secret door to that room. All their spells failed no matter how strong. It was all just confusing.

William was sure the scepter was kept in that room and that was the reason why the guards guarded it in the first place. It was the reason why it was prohibited to enter that room. But everything that was happening just proved that...there was nothing because they searched everywhere including under the throne but nothing. All their mediums failed terribly.

***

"My prince," One of the warlocks gasped as he sat on the cold floor. "This has proven to be difficult."

"The king is gonna get us for this." Another one said in a shaky voice. "He warned us not to be useless and..."

"Silence!" William seethed, giving the three of them angry eyes. "Why do you have to irritate me when..."

"It's the truth," One of them confessed. "We are doomed for the wrath of the king. We promised not to fail him and honestly...we thought this mission would be...easy. But our powers are not working in here. They are useless and they can't help us. And we keep on getting weaker in here."

William and the three warlocks had been searching that room without finding any results. It had almost been close to an hour and half and still nothing. They were tired...they were sweaty...they were angry...they were panting...they were scared of King Wyatt and his reaction. They were just expecting the worst while they sat on that floor.

"Will you please stop that?" William snapped, looking all around. He was seated on the couch, sweaty and tired. His eyes were moving from side to side, looking for a hint or anything to give him a clue even though he had scanned that room countless number of times. "I am fucking sure that fucking scepter is in this fucking room." He seethed. "Let me think and concentrate or you three will be really sorry. We have to do this as fast before one of them comes home."

The three warlocks just remained quiet and allowed Prince William do what they knew was impossible. They were gonna be greatly punished once they go back to Alerna. They were gonna regret not going back with the scepter.