Unconventional Ch. 05

Story Info
Home for the holidays.
3.3k words
4.52
16.9k
18
8

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/20/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The days moved quicker in November. Before anyone knew it, it was Thanksgiving break and classes were canceled for the holiday. Roxanne was tidying up her desk when Jarrett approached her with his coat and scarf in his hands.

"Hey, you ready yet?"

"Yep. I've organized my desk so that I don't have to do it when I come back."

"Smart move."

"How's your office looking?"

"A mess. I've been all over the place. I didn't have time to organize."

She grabbed her coat and draped it over her shoulders.

"Any plans for the holiday?"

"Nope, staying here."

"You're not going home for Thanksgiving?"

"Here is my home."

"What about family?"

"I'm not really a family person."

"You know, you don't really talk about your family," she pointed out.

He didn't comment.

"I don't really know that much about you aside from you having an aunt. Where is she?"

"Boca Raton."

"What about your parents?"

"You've never asked me so many questions at one time before," he remarked, "Can we go now, please?"

She squinted her eyes at him, trying to figure him out.

"Sure, Mr. Bossy-pants," she scoffed.

He placed his hand on the small of her back and escorted her out of the building. While riding in the car, Roxanne tried to keep her comments and questions to herself but she couldn't stop staring at him. She was trying to figure out exactly what all she knew about him.

"What are you doing?" he asked, eyes on the road.

"Nothing," she said.

"You're staring at me. Why?"

"I'm just thinking. I realized aside from how great you are in bed that I don't know that much about you."

"You know things about me, Roxy."

"I know basic things. Things that any friend would know about another friend."

"That's what we are, aren't we? Friends?

Roxanne grew silent. Yeah, they were friends but she didn't feel that way all the time. She thought they were closer. She sat back in her seat and pouted a little. He noticed the change in her mood. Heaven help him if he's responsible for the change in her mood. He let out a sharp sigh.

"All right, what do you want to know?"

"Nothing," she said.

Here we go, he thought.

"Come on Roxy. Don't be like that," he said.

"Never mind, Jarrett. Forget I asked," she muttered.

"There's nothing to tell really. It's just me and my aunt. We're not close. I only see her every once in a while."

"Can I ask why?"

Jarrett shrugged.

"We're not close," is all he said.

She didn't think it was fair of him to be so not personal. He knew everything about her. Her life was an open book whether she divulged her personal life or not.

"So you're staying here for Thanksgiving?"

"Yeah."

"What are you going to do to entertain yourself?"

"I'll find something to do," he said with a smile and self-assurance.

"Do you wanna come home with me?" she offered,

"I'm going to my mom's."

Jarrett made a face.

"Are you ok?" he ask jokingly.

She never invited him anywhere before.

"I actually have an agenda. My mom likes to throw parties and I can't show up another year without a date. I'll never hear the end of it."

"How many times has your mom thrown a party?"

"Since I was in high school so almost ten years. Anyways, every time I come home she asks me why I came alone. I just don't wanna hear it again this year."

"So you want me to come home with you as a date?"

"In a manner of speaking."

"What do I get out of it?"

"What could you want that you don't already have?"

The words formed on his lips but didn't say it out loud. He wanted her. Only her. And he wanted her to want him too. He knew that she wasn't seeing anybody else but he wanted commitment. He didn't think it was too much to ask.

"Let me think on it," he said to her.

"So you'll do it?"

"Sure, why not? Moms love me."

***********************************

"Where are you off to?" Max asked from Jarrett's doorway.

He stood there, in all his handsomeness, with his arms crossed and leaning against the frame. His coat in his hands.

"South Carolina with Roxy," Jarrett answered.

The sides of Max's mouth curled up into a smile. Jarrett noticed the stupid smile on his face.

"I know what you're going to say, so don't even say it."

"I wasn't going to say anything. I'd just like to think that you two are going to move past this benefits relationship."

"Why are you so interested in our relationship? When's the last time you've been in a relationship?"

Max thought to himself. He knew that deflecting was a classic move that Jarrett made when he didn't want to talk. He and Roxanne have that in common.

"I was in a relationship for about a year, probably the longest I've had. Anyway, I think this is a great next step for you guys."

"Go away Max."

"It's cool. You don't have to tell me about it. What are you going to do there?"

"Not that it's any of your business, but she invited me. I'm just meeting her family. And I'm her date to a party at her mom's."

"Good times," Max said, "Have fun. Don't do anything I wouldn't do."

"You're taking off?"

"Yeah, gotta catch my flight."

"I'll drive you to the airport. Sean left this morning."

***********************************

Roxanne hesitated telling her mom and sister to expect her company, even if it was just Jarrett. She knew her sister, the moment she saw Jarrett, she'd flip shit. Who wouldn't, Jarrett was very handsome and closer to her sister's age than her own. Roxanne never brought a boy home before. She wasn't nervous about it. Her mom and sister were not overbearing, they teased her but only in jest. She expected them to make fun of her as soon as she arrived. Anyway, she wouldn't rescind her invitation. Jarrett was a good time and she didn't want to leave him out during the holidays. She couldn't think of why he wasn't going home but she wasn't going to him out. She packed her bags for her stay. Her phone vibrated on top of her suitcase.

"Hello?" she said.

"Done packing yet?" Jarrett asked.

The sound of his voice made her heart race a little. That was unexpected. Usually, the sound of his voice annoyed her when she was busy doing something. Nowadays, she was eager to answer the phone when she recognized his number.

"Almost," she said, "I have to clean my messy ass room. You done yet?"

"Not even close. I don't know what to pack."

"Pack for cool weather. It's breezy this time of year. I would pack layers."

"Layers. Got it. Anything else?"

"Yeah. Be on time tomorrow?"

"I will. This will be fun. I'm looking forward to it."

"Good. Me too."

"See you tomorrow."

***********************************

Surprisingly, her mom and sister did not tease her when she told them that she was bringing a friend home. Jarrett was parked right outside her apartment. He offered to drive. For some reason he wanted to drive. She brought her bags outside and he met her at the curb at 5 am.

"You look dressed for the weather," Roxanne said, taking to account Jarrett's grey, knitted beanie and dark charcoal, wool pea coat.

He looked so cute in a beanie, she thought.

"It's cold out here, woman," he said lightheartedly.

"Are you really going to drive the whole way?" she asked as she handed him her bags.

He placed her bags in his trunk.

"Hell yes," he said enthusiastically, "I've got the GPA programmed, road trip music, and prepare to stop at shady gas stations for bad sandwiches."

"You're out of your mind if you think I'm eating bad food from a gas station."

"Live a little, Rox."

"You're going to live with being on the toilet this whole break."

He packed her bags in her trunk and opened his passenger door for her.

"Hi," he finally said, after taking a pause.

"Hi," she said.

He kissed her lips and they chill in the air almost melted away. They got in his car and immediately felt the difference in atmosphere. His car was nicely heated and they each and the comfort of adjusting the heat to their liking. Roxanne really liked his car, she couldn't help smiling every time she got in it. It was so much nicer than her hooptie. Jarrett noticed her smile but he couldn't tell what it was for. He figured smiled about going home for the first time in months. Either way, it was nice seeing her smile.

Roxanne offered to pay for gas and he gave her a look like he took offense to her offer. He just stared at her, scoffed, and turned up his music.

"What's your mom like?" he asked when they stopped at the gas station.

"She's like my best friend," she replied, "I love my mom and sister to death even though they drive me crazy."

"That's nice."

"What about you? What's your relationship like?"

"With my mom? Not all that good. I haven't seen her since I was nine."

"Why?"

"I don't know," he said.

"Is she still around?"

"Last I heard, she's in Louisiana."

Roxanne could sense that he didn't want to talk about it anymore. She was lucky to get that much out of him without him getting frustrated with her. She felt the need to change the subject.

"So when we get to my mom's, you and I are just friends?"

"Just friends?" he repeated as he pumped gas.

"Yeah, strictly platonic. No sex in my mother's house."

"So we'll have sex in the car," he said.

She couldn't tell if he was kidding or not. Based on his devilish smirk, he wasn't kidding

"No sex," she said.

"Fine. No sex. We'll see how long you last."

"Are you trying to say that I can't survive without having sex with you?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

He finished pumping gas and got back in the car with her. Roxanne adjusted herself in her seat to get a good look at him.

"Why do you think so?" she said, the attitudinal nature coming out of her.

Jarrett smiled at her.

"Because not putting my hands on you is going to be absolute torture for me," he said as he slowly reached his hand over to her leg and between her thighs.

Her breath was caught in her throat but she wasn't going to prove him right. She slid his hand back to his lap.

"You're just going to have to grin and bear it," she said.

The fact that she attempted to ignore his advances made him want her even more at the moment.

"After you," he whispered.

They did exactly as Jarrett planned. Roxanne had no complaint being on the road with him, of course only he could choose the music and it was all Hip Hop.

***********************************

After so many hours in the car, they finally arrived at Roxanne's house. Jarrett had no idea how extravagant her mother's house was. It was over-the-top gorgeous with a gate entrance.

"You never told me you mom was rich," he said.

"She's not rich. It's just a family house."

"No wonder you want to back."

Roxanne's mom and sister stood outside the house waiting for her with big smiles on their faces. Roxanne's sister, Charlotte, nearly jumped out of her skin when Roxanne got out the car. She didn't wait for her to close her door before she ran over to her, shrieking and wrapping her arms around her. Roxanne reacted the same way. She jumped her big sister's arms shrieking and squealing.

"Charlie!!" she screamed as high as she could.

"I've missed your crazy ass," her sister said.

Roxanne hugged her mom next, kissing her cheek and wiping away her lipstick.

"Damn little sis," Charlotte said when she noticed the tallish blonde man emerge from the car.

Charlotte was a very verbal woman, she worked in an advertising firm for three years and learned how the master the art of communications but not in tactfulness.

"Who is this?" Charlotte said.

"Meet my mom, Angela, and my sister, Charlotte, but we call her Charlie. Mom, Charlie, this is my friend, Jarrett."

She said it so naturally, it was almost like she was serious. She couldn't be serious. There's no way they're "friends". Jarrett was almost offended but the kind expression on his face didn't change. But then he remembered that he had to play the part of "the friend" and the wrinkle in his forehead softened a little.

"It's nice to meet the both of you," Jarrett said.

Charlie and her mother gave Jarrett a good once over and looked at each other. It was like the two of them were having a silent conversation and every eye movement meant something.

"Friend?" Charlie repeated, almost in disbelief.

"Well any friend of my daughter's—" Angela began.

"You too damn cute to be a friend," Charlie said.

"Charlie," Angela whispered.

"I'm just saying," Charlie said, "We'll talk about this later," she said to Roxanne.

Roxanne shook her head at her sister. She wasn't going to put up with her shenanigans at the moment.

"Grab your bags, I'll show you around and show you where you'll be sleeping," their mother began, "Roxanne, your room is just the way you left it. I didn't touch a thing. Jarrett you can stay in the guest bedroom upstairs."

Jarrett opened the trunk and they grabbed their bags. Roxanne offered to grab her own but before she could finish, he already had all three bags in his massive arms.

He generously carried her bags into her room and set them on her bed.

"Thanks for caring my bags."

"No problem. That wasn't as nerve-wrecking as I thought it would be," he said to her.

"What do you mean?"

"Meeting your mom. I thought you said your mom was a lot like you."

"Today's a happy day," Roxanne said with a smile.

He could sense her sarcasm. They stared at each other. Her almond colored eyes staring into his ice blues. He slowly leaned in for a kiss. She held back.

"Please be on your best behavior," she said breathlessly.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You know what it means. We made a deal, remember?"

He backed off. He couldn't get why she was being so closed off all of a sudden. They just got into her mom's house.

"I got the memo, Roxy. We're friends."

"Yeah, so you should do you while we're here."

"Do me? Is that what you want?"

"Yeah," she lied, "That's what I want. That's the third rule: if we're friends. Let's be friends."

"You can't make new rules whenever you feel like it, Roxy."

He didn't feel like getting into it with her.

"Fuck it. I'll do me, you do you and we'll be friends while we're here."

"Fine with me."

"Me too."

"Great," she said.

Great, he thought.

"I'll see you downstairs in a few. I'm going to take a shower, completely naked," he said.

"Me too," Roxanne said.

"Don't enjoy yourself too much."

"I'm sure I will," she said.

He pivoted and left her standing alone. Roxanne took a shower and got redressed before him. After she changed clothes, she went into the kitchen where her mother was preparing dinner.

"Well rested?" her mom asked as she snapped the green beans in the sink.

"Not yet. Give it time," Roxanne said, "Why are you making dinner if we're eating tomorrow?"

"We gotta eat, Roxanne," her mom said.

Roxanne shrugged her shoulders. Her mom was cooking a pot roast, rice, green beans, and corn bread. She wondered who was going to eat all the leftovers after tomorrow.

"Mom, this is too much food," she said.

"Hush child, you could use more food. I remember you being bigger than this the last time I saw you."

"You saw me last summer, Mom. I was here all summer."

"Yeah, and you used to eat when you were here. How's school?"

"Fine, I'm passing. Graduating December just like I said I would."

"That's good Roxanne. How's your internship?"

"Fine."

"What happened to that boss you said pissed you off every day?"

Just like her mom to remember everything she said.

"Believe it or not, we're actually getting along," Roxanne replied.

"You still don't think you're misunderstanding him? You've always been headstrong."

"Definitely not," Roxanne said, "He's actually the guy that I brought home."

"No way," Charlotte said as she approached them in the kitchen, "You mean to tell me that fine piece of ass is the same asshole that you bitched about from work?"

"Language," their mom warned.

She didn't like cursing in the house. She didn't like cursing around her, especially from her daughters. She thought much better of them.

"So what's the story, Roxy? There has to be a story the way you went on about him."

"There's no story. We're just friends. He's not as bad as I thought."

"I bet," Charlotte said.

They heard heavy footsteps approaching the kitchen and grew quiet. Jarrett entered the kitchen with several eyes on him.

"Thank you for letting me use your shower, Ms. O'Brien," he said politely.

"You're welcome. Dinner will be ready in a few. Make yourselves comfortable somewhere."

Charlotte happily took a bottle of wine and led the way to the living room with two glasses in her other hand. Roxanne followed behind her and Jarrett followed them.

"So Jarrett," Charlotte began as she poured him a glass of wine, "How did you and Roxy become such good friends?"

"I'm sure she gave you our backstory," he said as he accepted the glass.

"Bits and pieces," Charlotte replied.

"I think I won her friendship a few weeks after we met. We're complete opposites."

"What'd you do to her?" Charlotte asked, intrigued.

"I think my charm won her over."

"It wasn't charm," Roxanne argued.

"What was it then?" he asked.

Roxanne shrugged.

"You weren't going away so I had to get over it."

"That's nice," he said plainly.

Charlotte analyzed the way the two of them interacted with each other. It was different from they first arrived. Roxanne was distant and moody. Jarrett was standoffish like he didn't want to step on her toes. They weren't smiling anymore.

"I have to give you props Jarrett. You guys drove all the way down here one piece. If it were me and Roxy on the road, I would've left her on the side of the street somewhere before we got on the road good."

"Very funny," Roxanne said.

"Really, isn't she a handful?"

"Yes she is, but I learned how to manage that. She can't stand it when I match wit with wit."

"She's sitting right here," Roxanne reminded with an attitude.

Charlotte and Jarrett ignored her, they were wrapped up in their own conversation. Talking each other like she wasn't in the room anymore. They asked each other questions and learned things about each other. They only talked for a few minutes before Angela walked in and let them know that dinner was ready. Roxanne couldn't believe what she saw. Fucking Jarrett, she thought.

At the dinner table, Roxanne was to stab him in his eyeballs. Her eyes glared at him from the across the table as he made nice with her mom and sister. She knew that he was being an asshole because what she said, that didn't mean he had to be an asshole on the first night. The most frustrating part was how good he looked doing it. Fuck him, she said to herself as she watched him smile and laugh at the dinner table.