Under the Howling Moon

Story Info
An elven maiden tracks a mysterious werewolf.
5.4k words
4.66
27.5k
69
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shenira leaned on her bow and smiled at the humans gathered around her in the frost-covered dirt square. They were a grubby lot, with clothes covered in patches, dirty faces and more gaps than teeth. They were superstitious too, and that was to her advantage.

"Can you really slay the great silver wolf, Lady Elf?" one of the old geezers asked, clutching at the sleeve of her fine leathers. They'd all been terrified of this wolf, even though it had only ever attacked livestock. Or the dogs they'd sent to hound it.

"I can, but they are dangerous beasts these siler wolves," she nodded at them wisely and pretended to know what the significance of the color of the wolf's hair had to do with anything. "Fear not, there is no beast of the wild that I cannot slay." She lifted her elegant yew bow for them all to see. They gasped, awestruck. This really was too easy. Very few of these villagers had ever seen an elf even once in their short, dull lives, let alone a lady as exotic and lovely as herself. She was tall for one of her kind, as tall as most human women, in fact, but as slender and graceful as a doe. Her skin was the color of polished bronze, her tilted eyes large and a shade of violet rarely seen even among her own people. She wore her long hair, as white as fresh powdery snow on a moonlit meadow, pulled back to accentuate her long, pointed ears. Most of the humans stared at her openly, as if she were some sort of monster herself.

"We would be so grateful if you would help us. The people of Crescent are afraid to go out at night. What if the wolf came upon us, or our livestock?" a wizened old woman demanded.

"How grateful, exactly?" Shenira smirked. She was confident she could stalk and kill whatever creature they desired. But she didn't do that sort of thing for free!

"We don't have gold," a man said, crestfallen. The crowd shuffled their feet and looked rather dejected. She resisted the urge to smack them all with her bow!

"Gold? I wouldn't ask such a reward from you good people," it curdled her tongue to call them that. This mysterious wolf hadn't even attacked one of their sheep, for the love of the Goddess! "Please, your hospitality before and after the deed, plus a few trinkets of silver or copper are all that I require. A little from each family, nothing much. That should do me nicely! I'd help you all for free, of course, but making my way through the world on my own is difficult, at best," she put on her best pouty face, trying to look sad. She even fondled the empty coin purse at her belt for dramatic effect. She had a couple of others tucked away in her pack, both bursting at the seams with silver.

"Thank the Lords Above and Below!" the old woman gasped, making strange signs with her twisted leather hands over her face and breast.

"The monster was spotted not two nights ago," a horse-faced man intoned. He pointed a claw of a hand toward a rugged rock outcropping a few hundred yards to the north, on the edge of the sprawling forest of pin and spruce. "Near as big as a horse it was, and when it howled at the moon-"

"It was full two nights ago. The moon I mean," the old woman interjected.

"I'm doing the telling Maisy!" the long-nosed man said indignantly. He drew up what dignity he could muster and continued. "As I said, the wolf was huge, and when he howled, the whole village did awaken. It was so loud, a fair number lost sheep or hogs when they broke their pens!"

"Terrible, truly terrible," Shenira muttered solemnly. "The moon should still be full tonight, or reasonably close to it anyway. I will begin my hunt tonight," she scanned the forest. The autumn was getting late, but perhaps she'd find a nice little cave in those hills to curl up for the night. She found it best to not stay too close to human men at night. Sometimes they got ideas. Who knows, if the wolf was half as big as they said, she might even find its tracks!

"Oh thank you, Lady Shenira!" the peasants sighed and grinned and came forward to touch her hand or arm in gratitude. It almost made her skin crawl!

"It is my sworn duty as a Ranger, think nothing of it," she nodded at them and narrowed her wide, purple eyes. "But if you could, perhaps, invite me to sup with you, so that I may have my full strength this night against that fell beast of the night?" They practically fell over themselves offering her a meal. The man with the long nose did so by explaining that since his wife passed, he had no one to share his table with, with his children all grown and married. She almost spit up on his tattered shoes. In the end, she followed the scrawny old woman to her hovel, already counting up the coins they'd give her.

***

Shenira stared at the enormous wolf tracks beneath her on the soft loamy forest floor. Those ignorant peasants weren't exaggerating much; the paw print before her was longer than her foot! She nocked an arrow and gazed out into the moonlit forest. There was a big wolf out there, and while it was rare for them to attack people, they could be extremely dangerous. Her sensitive ears caught the sound of a sniffing creature up ahead. She crept forward, as light and quiet on her feet as only a slender elf maiden born and raised in the forest could be. She could see in darkness better than most animals, but it didn't hurt to go slow and be cautious.

She peeked around a tree, and her breath caught in her throat. There it was, the biggest wolf she'd ever seen. A sliver shaft of moonlight filtered through the boughs overhead to illuminate the giant canine. It's fur was a mix of white, black and sliver, and seemed to glow faintly in the night. It raised it's great, long snout and sniffed the air before turning to face her. Its eyes glowed like shiny new gold coins. It lowered itself into a crouch even as the hackles stood up on its back. It had spotted her!

With fumbling hands Shenira readied her bow, pulling the black fletchings to her cheek. There was something off about that beast's eyes. It was as if it knew her, knew things about her. No normal animal possessed that level of intelligence. She gulp and loosed just as the beast sprang to the side, turned, and dashed away into the trees. Her arrow struck the bole of an ancient tree, quivering in the cool night air. If only she'd been just a tiny bit quicker!

"By the black butt of the Night Goddess!" she swore, and leaped after the fleeing predator. She hadn't really intended on seeking out this particular wolf to kill and satisfy the people of Crecent Village, but since he was right there in front of her. She pumped her legs as she dashed through the forest, ducking between branches as her soft boots whispered on the soft dirt trail. She had to hurry. She was quick, but not as fast as a wolf, and if she didn't find him soon, she'd miss her shot! She heard the babbling of forest stream, and hurtled a giant lock, nearly falling down the steep muddy bank into the wide stretch of icy water racing several feet below.

"There you are!" she exclaimed in triumph. The great wolf picked his way across the rocks. She drew an arrow just as it bounded to the far banking. The broad tip of her arrow parted the fluffy hair on the beasts tail as it jumped clear just in time. She swore and slid down the slippery bank, landing on her feet on the wet rocks beside the rushing stream. "I've got you now!" she cried as she once again took aim. It wasn't often that she missed once, let alone twice! This stupid overgrown dog was going to pay!

It looked back at her, its mouth hanging open to reveal its long, curved fangs. It lifted its head and howled just as Shenira drew her third arrow to her cheek. She shivered at the sound. Ghostly and mournful, it felt like an icy spray splashing her to her bones. Her little foot shifted on the wet rock, then slipped out from under her. Her arrow flew high, nearly straight into the air, as if she'd been aiming for the huge, luminous moon. Her small, round bottom crashed down on the rocks and she slid, feet first, into the cold brook.

Her curses and shrieks of rage echoed through the trees as she floundered awkwardly in the chill waters. Her quiver upended, sending half her arrows floating downstream. Her cloak tangled in her kicking legs. She spluttered and splashed, and by the time she finally gathered herself about her and climbed out of the thigh-deep water, she was soaked to the bones.

"Fine evening this turned out to be!" she harrumped, blowing a wet white strand of hair from her face. She looked about her. Of course, the wolf was nowhere in sight. When last she'd seen him, he was heading upstream on the far bank. She'd have to track him that way, into the hills. The wind picked up, blowing right through her sodden leathers. She'd track that wolf down, she knew, but not tonight! She need shelter and a fire, and fast!

Using her bow as a walking stick she clambered up the bank. The damp mud ground into her cloak and tight leather breeches. Once at the top, the trees sheltered her from the wind, but the cold was seeping deep into her slender body now. She hugged her wet cloak around herself as her teeth began to chatter. At least it wasn't too far to the village, only a few miles. She broke into a trot, focusing on the dark trail winding at her feet. The last thing she wanted to do is slip and twist an ankle!

"Ho there! Are you all right, young lady?" a man's voice, deep and quiet, came from the darkness to her side. She stopped and twisted, pulling a long, curved dagger from her belt.

"Who's there, show yourself!" she demanded.

"It is just I, Gerhig," the man said as he stepped onto the trail. He was a big fellow, even for a human. He wore a simple jacket over his broad shoulders that fit closely around his trim waist and simple breeches and boots of soft leather. Both looked simple and undyed, but well cared for and clean. He stepped closer, and let the moonlight shine on his face. It was quite a contrast, she knew humans aged faster than elves, but she hardly expected to see shaggy, salt-and-pepper hair atop such a youthful face. A handsome face, she decided. His nose was long and narrow, his mouth wide, but he had a noble look to his brow and deep, pale eyes. She squinted at them in the moonlight. It was hard to tell colors at night. They seemed hazel, or light brown.

"I don't know Gehrig from the God of the Underworld," she said, holding her knife higher. "So keep your distance human! What are you doing out here in the middle of the night, anyway?"

"Easy, girl, easy!" He held up his hands, big strong looking hands. He didn't have any weapons at his wide belt either. Still, a man that size could be dangerous even unarmed. "I'm Gerhig, a cotter. I live just beyond that hill over there," he pointed into the darkness behind him. "I normally don't wander around like this at night, but I heard a woman screaming. Then cursing. I thought that was at least worth a look," he shrugged.

"I'm Shenira," she said tightly, not yet ready to drop her guard, though the man's words seemed earnest enough. If he was lying, he was smart enough to keep his story simple. "I've been sent by the people of the village to hunt the Great Silver Wolf!" she said with as much importance as she could manage, considering she was dripping wet and shivering.

"Those morons?" he snorted. "I'm surprised they didn't try to hang you! Most of them have never seen an elf before! And hunting a wolf, ridiculous! Wolves know better than to stray too close to human settlements!"

"You have that right, Gerhig," she chuckled. "But hey, they want to give me silver, I'll take it!" she slid her knife into her belt. Or tried to, anyway. Her hands were shaking so badly she dropped the blade onto the forest floor. "By all the follies of Foldarth the Fool!" she mumbled.

"You're soaked!" the man said, as he quickly closed the distance between them. "If only I had thought to bring a cloak! Come, Shenira. I have a nice warm fire burning in my hearth. We'll get you warmed up!"

"Hearth? Yes, that does sound nice. And you're right, I'm freezing my," she coughed delicately. "Well certain parts of me are freezing," she finished.

"I have some hot soup as well, and a nice fur blanket," he added, pulling the small woman into the crook of his arm and leading her over the hill. He was so very warm! She smiled to herself as she let him guide her through the forest. She didn't have a very high opinion of humans, generally, but some of their men were oh so very handsome!

***

"Thank you again, Gerhig," Shenira mumbled through her last bite of hot stew. It had obviously been simmering over the roaring fire most of the day, and the carrots were a little soft and the broth as thick as paste. But the meat, it melted in her mouth! And Gerhig seemed to like a lot of meat in his stew!

"Anything to help a beautiful lady in distress," he leaned back, stretching his long legs toward the hearth. His little cottage was a cozy, one room affair built of heavy logs. Only the barest furniture, hewn of rough tree limbs, filled the small space. He had plenty of thick bearskins, however, and she curled up inside one of them while her clothes hung on a leather cord strung across the river rock fireplace. He'd been nice enough to wait outside while she disrobed too. Odd to find a gentleman in the middle of the back woods.

"Do you mind, Gerhig, if I sleep here tonight? I won't be a bother, I'll just curl up under a pile of bearskins and be out of your way come dawn. I want to give my things a chance to dry before heading back out there." She asked. She wasn't used to asking for favors, and it made her uncomfortable. Her gaze met her host's eyes. In the warm orange glow of the fire, his eyes seemed almost yellow, a color rare even among elves. Perhaps he had some fey blood, she mused. It would explain a lot about the man's attitude toward both her and the townsfolk.

"My house is yours, Shenira, as humble as that may be," he chuckled. "Are you sure you're warm enough? I can throw another log on the fire and I think I have a few more bearskins to pile on you. I'd have given them already, but I didn't want them to suffocate you." He gave her a kindly smile, and she returned it, feeling a warmth spread across her breast that had nothing to do with the raging fire. He really was quite handsome.

"Humble is fine with me," she smiled. "No need for the blankets. You could always crawl under these skins with me. It's pretty warm in here!" She surprised herself at her boldness, but it wasn't often that she encountered a man worthy of her time.

"You don't have to offer that to me, Shenira," he shook his shaggy head. "I'm not the kind of man who expects those things from a woman just because I helped her out!"

"That has nothing to do with it," she said, and threw off the blankets. He growled long and low as his golden eyes examined her in the firelight. Like most elves, she was slender, long of limb, narrow of hip, with a small bust. Also like most elves, she was graceful, delicate, and completely hairless below her head. Her tan skin took on a silky sheen in the light, and she stretched her arms over her head and pointed her toes toward the man, accentuating her elegant lines. "When I want a man, I want him. Right now."

"I don't," he hesitated. He licked his chops. "It's not a good idea," he said gruffly, but he was already peeling off his homespun jacket. A line of silvery gray hair streaked down his chest. His muscles rippled, his biceps bulging, his abs seemingly cut into sections. His breeches were next, and Shenira smiled as her violet eyes followed the trail of hair to the large, pendulous cock and balls hanging between his muscular legs. That was the best part of all about taking humans for lovers, elf men were built rather more delicately.

"I think it's a good idea for you to crawl over here, Gerhig!" she said as she slowly spread her legs, curling her toes into the thick bearskins. His nostrils flared as he watched her expose her pink, hairless womanhood. He pounced like a beast, his big heavy body pressing down against hers. Their mouths met, and his long tongue pushed into her mouth. She moaned, her small hands caressing his broad back as she suckled at his tongue. She felt his manhood swell between their bodies, pushing up against her wet sex.

"Oh, Gerhig!" she cooed in delight as she felt him throb against her. He kissed her neck, his teeth nipping at her soft skin as he made his way down her body. He licked and sucked and nibbled her aggressively, as if hungry to eat her up. "You're so forceful!" she giggled. Another good thing about humans!

"You're so beautiful, and I've been alone so long," he said. As if he had to justify what he was doing! Any man would be lucky to lay with her! She pouted only for a moment before curling her fingers in this thick black and gray hair and pushing his face lower.

"Lick me, you big sexy beast!" she demanded, her voice high and petulant, like a spoiled child. The big farmer grunted and eased onto his elbows between her widely spread thighs. He looked up at her, his eyes glowing like gold coins, his mouth open in a toothy grin. She shivered at his appearance, so much like the wolf she hunted! He opened his mouth and his long, flat tongue slurped between her folds, finding every little nook and cranny between her lips and flicking across the fleshy little hood of her clit. Her fingers tightened in his hair, and she pulled him tighter against her body.

"By the Lusty Lady Luna!" she swore. "Your tongue is so long!" she purred as he pressed his mouth to her lower lips and slithered the long pink organ deep into her simmering pussy. She writhed in pleasure as his wiggling organ touched her deeper than many a man's cock had, stimulating her deepest recesses. She reached up to pinch and rub her pointy little nipples where they sat on her round, firm breasts.

"Fuck, I should keep you as a pet!" she cried as her back arched. His tongue slipped out of her, lapping tirelessly at her clit. Her slim thighs clamped against his handsome face as she bucked on the piled bearskin blankets. Deliciously sweet pleasure burst from her wet litte pussy, filling her body from head to toe. She screamed, her voice echoing in the small log cabin. Gerhig didn't let up, his tongue moving faster and faster, and her pleasure began to spiral out of control.

"So GOOD!" she screamed and nearly swooned. She screwed her eyes shut, her body tensing as the waves of orgasms started to become so intense they almost hurt. The man seemed to sense it, slowing his tongue quickly. She sighed, tingling from head to toe, as he slowly brought her down and left her panting on the floor.

"You're delicious," He mumbled, wiping his chin. He sat back on his knees, and his big, hard cock stood up proudly against his stomach above a fat pair of dangling, fuzzy balls.

"Your turn lover!" she purred like a kitten. The man didn't react like she expected to. He stumbled backward, as if trying to get away. She pounced, her nimble hands catching his stiff manhood and giving him a good squeeze. "What's the matter, afraid I'll bite?" she teased him.

"No. I'm afraid I will!" he shook his head. "Please, let's leave it at this! Don't, please don't!" he protested as she sucked his fat, purplish cockhead past her lips. She swirled her tongue around it even as she suckled. He was nice and thick! She closed her eyes as she crouched on all fours, bobbing her head up and down, her fine white hair flowing around her shoulders.

"Nooo!" the man roared, his voice turned rough, deep and growling. She looked up, and his his big cock slipped from her slack lips. He raised his head toward the ceiling and howled. Not the hoarse howl of a man, but the long, plaintive cry of the forest wolf! His face began to elongate, his ears grew and the shaggy hair on his head sprouted thicker all over his nude body. He arched his back and screamed, an eerie sound half-human, half-lupine. He was the wolf she was tracking!

12