Under the Wild Wyoming Skies

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
rwsteward
rwsteward
956 Followers

"I didn't keep track."

"Believe me, they were far and few between, and the reason was her right breast sat almost an inch lower than her left breast. She was lopsided. If she did a swimsuit shoot, the bikini tops had to be modified so no one could tell there was an issue, or the photographs were touched up with a computer.

"Her legs were far from perfect. If she chose to go bare legged, she had special makeup that she would use to cover the flaws in her skin." I took Diana's hand into mine. "Believe me, Alexandria was a beautiful woman, there's no denying that, but she was far from prefect."

Her thumb rubbed my hand. "What about me?" She shrugged.

My hands moved through her red hair. Then down her face. My thumb glided across her moist lips. I placed a kiss on them. "Beautiful red hair. Kissable lips, that's good." My hand moved along her collarbone and across her breasts. "Damn, absolutely nothing wrong with these."

Soon my fingertips toyed with the curly red hairs between her legs. "No penis down here, that's really a good thing. I'd say you're a fine looking woman..."

"I'm sorry. I know you're not happy here, and any excuse to go back to New York, you'd jump on."

"It's not that I'm unhappy, it's so damn different from what I've been raised up around."

"Would you take me to bed?" She asked.

"You know I can't have sex with you."

She placed a fingertip on my lips. "I'm not asking you to do something you can't do. I want you to touch me while I watch. I want to see in your eyes that you enjoy me as I am."

I stood and offered her my hand. When we got to the bedroom, Diana sat on the foot of the bed. She looked at me with sad, green puppy eyes. I turned the end table light on. She flinched and automatically covered her breast. Slowly she removed her hand and let it rest on her lap.

"I was afraid, you'd find me unattractive. Flawed. Defective. You can't imagine what it's been like. How many boyfriends I've lost over the years. All the never ending teasing and the names I've been called. I've always wanted to wear pretty things, from short skirts to shorts. Go swimming. You have no idea..."

Diana reached out and held my junk in her hand. Holding me like that, seeing her there on the bed naked, and yet I was as flaccid as a choir boy in church.

"I still think it's me, even after you told me that night at sparkle rocks that it wasn't my fault."

She stopped touching me, and Diana lay back on the bed. Diana tapped her shoes together again while her fingers moved along her body as though she was exploring it for the first time.

There's something about being naked with another human that levels the playing field. Rich, poor, a president, or a farmer, we all look the same once the layers of clothing come off. I sat beside her.

"How long were you going to let this go on before you'd decide to let me know."

"I was afraid you'd compare me with her."

"Why would I have done that?"

"They say that the ghost of old man Bookmen haunts this place. I'm not so sure. I do know that every night I live with another ghost—"

"Who, Diana, who?"

Her fist came down hard on the nightstand. "The ghost of Alexandria Vandershoot!"

Diana suddenly stood and buried her face in her hands. She sobbed and I could see her tears trickle through her fingers. When I tried to put my arm around her, she pushed me away.

"Why won't you love me? All I've wanted all my life is to find a man that would love me with all my faults... Please, can't you love me just a little?" She turned toward me and through teary eyes said, "Even a little bit of love is better than no love at all."

She looked at me with makeup-tainted tears on her cheeks. "Don't you understand? I've fallen in love with you. I love you. Jack, I love you."

I lifted her off the floor and placed her back onto the bed. I worked her shoes off and tossed them by the closet door. I massaged her shoulders and arms. I sat beside her as I ran my fingers though her hair. My hands moved along her body, touching her, caressing her. Soon Diana drifted off to sleep. I covered her with a sheet, went back to the living room and sat on the sofa.

**************

Maybe I was the problem. Everything I longed for was sleeping in that room. Did I go from a high school teacher in New York only to be caught up in the money and power that was the Vandershoots? Was it the opulent life style that captured me as surely as a spider's web traps a fly?

The mantel clock ticked off seconds while I sat and reflected on why I came out there in the first place. This house was drafty, not one foot of the floor was level. Not one corner was square, yet Diana was overjoyed when I asked her to move in with me. Together, I told her, we'd make this rickety old farm house our home.

Diana was right, too. Alexandria would not have stayed. No one in Culver Wyoming would give a rat's ass what kind of shoes she wore or how much they cost. Alexandria sure as shit wouldn't be catching and killing our evening's meals like Diana did. I sure as hell couldn't see Lexi stringing barbed wire.

There was only one conclusion—what a fool— I'd been.

The front door creaked when I pushed it open. The sky had filled with stars and starlight gave everything an unearthly silvery glow. It was quiet. Even the souls of the animals seem to know what happened in our home. The old porch floor groaned under my footfalls.

"Alexandria. Alexandria! I banish you from this house and my life. Go back to your grave and let me love again."

I fell to my knees and wept as my hands fisted the dry Wyoming soil. Please, God, let me love again...

*********Chapter Ten*********

It was almost four in the morning and sleep had yet to find me. As stealthily as possible, I crept back into the bedroom. I sat down beside her and stroked that red hair of hers. Diana's hair was what made Diana. Everyone knew the red-haired schoolteacher.

The dresser drawers had been left open, probably in her rush to get dressed last night. I pulled the drawer out and in the starlit room searched the contents. Every woman, old, fat, skinny, married or single had a pair or two. Diana was no exception and I found what I was looking for. As gently as I could, I slipped the garment up her body. She stirred and I froze. Minutes later, and confident she was back to sleep, I continued until I was satisfied.

There were a few more items of her clothing I needed and I scooped them up. I went back to the living room, it was going on five, and soon she'll be awake. I sat on the sofa and waited.

It was twenty after six when I heard water flowing. Soon I heard the sounds of her shoes on the wooden floor. The hallway was quite short and within a few steps, she was in the living room. She wore the shoes I had put back on her last night. Diana had her robe on.

"You didn't come to bed last night? Were you afraid of sleeping with a red-breasted woman?"

Diana lifted her foot off the floor and twisted it about. She opened her robe and looked down at the tiny black bikini panties I slipped on her during the night. "When did this happen? Did I sleep with my shoes on?" She steadied herself with one hand on the wall as she raised her foot to take her shoe off.

"Please, Diana, leave them on. And the panties, too." She lowered her foot. Diana gave me half a shrug, un-wrapped the robe and tossed it across the living room. This time she didn't try and hide her birthmarks. I tugged her over into the kitchen, and there across the back of a chair I had placed a blue shirt of hers. "Here," I began, "I'd love to see you in this." I helped her put it on and when she reached to begin to button it, I stopped her. "Leave it open. I'd love to look at your breasts."

Diana had placed her hands on the back of a chair to steady herself. She looked for all the world like the tears were going to flow once more.

"Last night you told me I could do anything I wanted to you. Is that offer still good, or was that a once in a lifetime deal?"

"It's still good," she said.

"Does that offer have an expiration date?"

"No..." she said weakly.

With arms crossed, Diana walked into the living room and stood before the fireplace. The fire that once called her eyes home appeared as dark as the cold hunks of charcoal on the grate. She opened her shirt to me. I had a thought and jumped over a chair to get to the front door. There stood a hat rack that held a plethora of her cowboy hats. I snatched one and in a heartbeat plopped it on her head.

"There, I think that completes the look."

At first, Diana didn't say a word. She took the hat off and placed it on the mantel. "Is this how you dressed Alexandria when she got up?"

"Alexandria who?"

"You know damn well who I'm talking about."

"Sorry. The only woman that I knew with that name is dead. Diana, Alexandria will never come between you and me again. Ever."

"Last night, I let her go. I told her to leave me—us alone— no longer will the ghost of Alexandria Vandershoot roam our home." I gathered her hands into mine. "What was it you asked me last night?"

Diana's forehead touched mine as she gently rubbed the back of my hand with her fingers. "If you could love me just a little bit?"

I lifted her chin and traced the outline of her lips with my finger. "I can't possibly do that 'cause it's impossible to love just a little bit of you. I love all of you. Diana, I've been an idiot. I've fallen in love with this carrot-top cowgirl and I was afraid to say it. I was so afraid I'd lose you, too." My arms slipped around her waist and I pulled her in. "I love you, Diana..."

Diana began to softly weep as I continued to hold her. We must have stood there in front of the fireplace for at least fifteen minutes. Simply holding each other in our arms.

She slipped her shirt off and dropped it on the floor.

"I'll never hide from you again, ever. I love you."

**********Chapter Ten**********

Monday was a new school day, and Diana appeared to be quite happy. We didn't interact much at work, as it would cause too many rumors to fly. We were professional in every way, although the other teachers knew we were living together. I suspected most of the students did, too.

I was between classes and went to the teacher's lounge. When I entered, I was certainly surprised when I noticed Diana leaning against the counter, a coffee cup in hand.

"Hi," I said as I poured a cup. "Didn't figure you'd be in here."

We were running a bit behind this morning, and I guess when we were getting dressed I hadn't noticed what she was wearing. Frankly, I didn't pay attention.

Diana had her hair pulled back into a ponytail and wore a solid green shirt with her customary blue jeans. She looked mighty damn good that afternoon. By chance, I glanced down and noticed she wasn't wearing her sneakers. I don't know how I missed that detail that morning.

"I see you're wearing the Wyoming version of stilettos today."

She smiled at me as she ran a fingertip around the brim of her cup. "So it would appear. I got this guy I've fallen for and he likes to see me wear them." Diana smiled a naughty little smile and pinched my ass on her way out.

Skip walked into the lounge just as Diana stepped out. They acknowledged each other but didn't speak.

"Wonder what's up with that?" Coach asked, "She could have least said hi on the way out. Problems at the old homestead? You wanna talk about it?"

Every one called Skip, Coach, and he was about the only male friend I had. I shrugged. "It's a long story."

He checked his watch. "We have time. Let's go to my office."

His office turned out to be the bleachers in the practice field.

"Okay, go for it. What's on your mind?" he asked.

"I keep getting voice mails at school from a guy named McConaughey. I know he has something to do with Diana. She's mentioned his name a few times but never went much further. "

"You know about that don't you?"

"Boyd Nelson's murder? Yup. That's a mess. Do you think she did it?"

"Maybe... Yeah, I think perhaps she did. You had to have heard about the grease they found in his body didn't you?"

"Yup, every orifice had been filled."

"I don't know about you, but I don't have a zerk fitting on the end of my cock. There is no way in hell you're going to pump grease into some guy's dick, and not have that shit ooze all over the place. You'd have to cup one hand around his peter trying to seal the end of the grease gun so the grease would go down the old piss pipe. Now, you can't do that without making a mess. And guess what? They didn't find a drop of that red grease on her, her clothing, hair, nothing. And let me tell you, that shit sticks to everything it touches."

"I came home last Saturday afternoon," I began, "and she was out shooting the shit out of a fence post. But you know the damn thing was? She was blasting away wearing only her underwear.

Skip was quiet for the longest time. Then he said, "Well that's the strangest God damned thing I've ever heard. That girl has been through a lot. That bullshit with McConaughey grinds my balls. Every time she gets into a relationship with a guy, he pops up and tries to destroys it. He won't leave her alone.

"When she got hired, Diana was like a globe of youthful energy. All the kids liked her. She was the one that wore the school sweatshirts at the games and competed in the spitball contests. Hell one year, she dressed as a cheerleader for our homecoming game. The kids loved her. Parents did, too. And then it all went to hell."

"McConaughey and this thing with Boyd Nelson."

"Bingo! That man single-handedly destroyed that woman. There were two murder victims that night. Boyd Nelson and Diana Compton."

"You said you thought maybe she might be involved?"

"I don't believe she killed Boyd. I think there might be some other people that she's protecting. I'm thinking a robbery that went south.

"Listen up. Did you know that Boyd's parents were killed? And did you know that a trucker was on his phone texting when he went left of center and smacked them head on? How about the money that the trucking company settled with Boyd? Let's not forget that Boyd's parents stopped farming years earlier because their land sits dap smack over a huge gas deposit. Boyd Nelson was worth millions.

"Diana is pretty, but she's no ten. On a good day, she'll hit maybe a six. All dolled up she might be a seven, and I know you and her are getting it on, but let's be realistic here.

"She didn't have a bit of trouble getting men around here; we're simply not a picky as you boys out East. Any single woman out here is a catch. If a woman can cook, clean and keep you warm at night, it makes little matter what she looks like.

"Anyway, Boyd wasn't much to look at either and well...not too bright. It wouldn't have taken much to manipulate him, especially if the manipulator caught his eye.

"I'd bet the farm he was paying her for her companionship, if you know what I mean, in exchange she was wiggling her way into his life. She had to have had help in dealing with Boyd. How much does she weigh?"

"I don't know. I'd guess about one-twenty something soaking wet."

"And Boyd was a good two hundred fifty plus. And she was supposed to have strangled him with a stocking? That would have been a no contest fight 'cause old Boyd would have tossed her ass around the room like a doll. She had to have some help to constraint him. Boyd wasn't a pussy, and he'd put up a fight. And you're telling me that she overpowered him? Naw... Not in this world."

That did make sense, and then I said, "Diana doesn't seem to want much of anything. That old truck of hers is about to die. She hasn't a lot of clothing, and very little stuff. I can't believe she'd be after Boyd's money."

"That's something I don't understand either, because there wasn't any money for her to get," Coach added.

"You just said he was worth millions."


"He was, but Boyd has a sister. She's about six and living with family out of state. All the money he had went to her."

"Damn..." It's no wonder the grand jury wasn't able to bring back an indictment.

We sat there saying nothing when I kinda let it slip. "I can't have sex with her."

"She won't do it?"

"Naw... It's all me. I can't get any steam in the pipes if you...if you know what I mean."

"Did you seek professional help? There's some kick ass drugs out there now."

"I did. They all told me it's in my head."

"She's a woman, have her. Well, you know what I'm trying to say. Don't you?"

"We're trying everything we can think of."

"So that's what's been bugging you?"

"Shit yes! That and this McConaughey asshole that keeps calling me and leaving messages."

"Did you ever stop and think about Diana?" Coach began, "We've talked, Diana and I, in the past. She's got five brothers. She told me that her mom wanted a daughter so badly that they kept trying and after five tries, out she came.

"She went on to tell me that her mother wouldn't let her dad treat her like one of his sons. Mom wanted a daughter and she was going to be raised like a daughter. That's why she rarely wore pants to school, that is until this murder thing happened."

"I heard. The dressed for murder killer."

"Been talking to the boys at the barbershop have we?"

"Yeah..."

"Let me tell you two rules you must follow when dealing with the boys at Pete's barbershop. Rule number one is they never have any of their facts right. It's opinion based on rumor. And rule number two is, if there is any doubt, always refer to rule number one."

Skip and I returned to our classes. I did feel better talking to him. I felt more at ease knowing I had someone I could dump on.

Before the end of the day, I made a phone call. It was to my buddy Dave back home. I asked him to find out about McConaughey and what he had on Diana. He was a NYPD detective. I had him FedEx whatever he got back here to the school. I needed answers and not rumors. I can follow the rules.

**********Chapter Eleven*********

Days slammed into days and soon the weeks began to fall away. The football team would be playing their homecoming game that Friday, with the homecoming dance slated for Saturday night. I'd been busy, perhaps too busy, working in the barn for the last week. I'd been totally absorbed in a new project.

Diana had made us an early dinner, and as soon as my fork hit my empty plate, I was back in the barn. Diana had promised me she was going to get all prettied up and take me out for a real steak dinner, and not some New York mystery meat.

I have a terrible sense of time, and before I knew it the sun was throwing long shadows through the windows of the barn. The barn door moaned and squeaked as it rolled on its rusty wheels.

"I haven't forgot about the dinner date," I said without looking back.

"What have you been doing out here all this time? You got the cheerleaders out here?"

"No of course not..." I turned around, and blew out a long slow whistle. "My God, Diana, you look... wow... Talk about a cowgirl." I had to sit. A seven my ass!

Diana had on a pair of dark Indio blue jeans that seemed so tight that they surely had to have been sprayed on. A white blouse that hugged all her curves and a matching blue jean vest the same color as her pants completed the outfit. Several buttons on her shirt were left open, and I could see a silver lariat necklace around her neck. A white cowboy hat was on her head and to top it all off, cowboy boots with a nice heel on them. Her red hair appeared like amber honey as it settled about her shoulders, and every time she walked her hair would bounce. Around her waist, and barely covered by the vest was a holster and a gunmetal grey handgun. What happened to my schoolteacher?

"Damn... damn," was all I could muster. I pushed my New York Yankees ball cap up my head.

rwsteward
rwsteward
956 Followers
1...45678...13