Unprecedented Events Ch. 01

Story Info
A series of apocalyptic events draws a close family closer.
3.1k words
4.37
54k
63

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 04/23/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There are certain aspects of this story that are true. I will leave it to your imagination as to what is and isn't. If you want quick and to the point this may not be the story for you. This is the first of probably many chapters to come and some may or may not contain sex but they are part of the story. I do hope you read the entire series as it is released. All persons depicted in any sexual content are 18 years of age or older. Please feel free to leave feedback.

Thank you to Redwings1202 for your help in editing.

Thank you everyone.

I hope you enjoy.

Wildeyedsthrnboy

*****

The events that occurred during the Thanksgiving Holiday of 2016 were disastrous. An unprecedented earthquake, measuring 14.6 on the Richter scale, violently shook the earth along the San Andreas Fault line. Initial reports said the quake was felt as far east as South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas, and as far north as portions of British Columbia and Alberta, Canada. The result was an instant jolt releasing aftershocks and volcanoes to do as they wished with any living creature on the planet.

I was a senior in high school, a year filled with college football recruiters... At 18, I was a brute of a young man. I was the star linebacker of my high school football team, with a reputation both on and off the field. Girls swooned over me, as did a few moms wanting to relive their youth. At 6 feet 2 inches and 232 pounds I had the dark brown hair of my Cherokee ancestors and light green eyes that stemmed from my European, Irish decent, I was handsome, tan, with slightly squinted eyes from working on the family farm. All that made me appear to be bit older than I was. That appearance, combined with my small Georgia town celebrity status, made me popular because I could buy beer and alcohol for parties.

My family is large and close knit. Thanksgiving Day is a big event on the farm. Mom, Dad, my older sisters Becky and Leslie; my older brother Robert, myself and my younger brother Brannon made up my immediate family. That Thanksgiving, the farm would also host Dad's three sisters, and their husbands along with their 7 children; Dads two brothers, their wives and their 5 children, my Mom's two brothers, their wives with their 6 children, Moms sister with her husband along with their 5 children and both Mom and Dads parents and Moms grandparents.

Can you imagine trying to feed over 40 people for Thanksgiving? There were so many people and so many things going on. Most of the older men were watching football on TV. Us "boys" were walking the fields and woods, hunting, while the women and the girls prepared the feast. When it came time to eat, Pa said the blessing in the same old fashioned Southern Baptist way he would pray at every family gathering from as far back as I can remember.

What a feast! There was every traditional dish and trimming imaginable, set up on tables and kitchen counters. After the meal dad, his two brothers, both of my brothers, my mom's brothers and all but three of my male cousins decided to go on an evening hunt and scattered across the 700 acres of our family farm. Both of my grandfathers stayed behind with the rest of the males in the family, and we waited for the next football game to come on.

In the kitchen and dining room all of the women were cleaning and chatting up a storm.

Their laughter became so loud I decided to go investigate...and get another piece of Grannies chocolate pie. With all that chatter, they were oblivious to my presence. Apparently, one of my cousins had a new love interest and was being quite descriptive, causing one grandmother to blush and the other to smile devilishly. "What ARE you doing snooping on our conversation? Ain't you supposed to be watching a ball game with the men folk?" Granny said loud enough to to stop all in their tracks.

"Yes ma'am, but that pie is calling my name." I acted like I didn't hear a thing.

As I left the kitchen, I flexed the muscles in my right arm and, nodding at my bicep, I said "Jess, this new guy sounds like one of them sissies from Atlanta." "I bet he ain't got nothin on this." Just then, a dish rag struck me in the face, causing me to spill my pie all over my shirt. The girls were all jeering "That's what you get". I peeled off my shirt, flexed and put on a show, drawing looks from Jess and the rest of my cousins. Becky said "oh my God put some clothes on."

Jess, smiling, walked over and rubbed her hand up my back, saying "Oooh little cousin Rusty, if you weren't my cousin..."

"That's enough girls," said Granny. "Put your eyes back in your head and, Rusty..." she said, winking at me "Put some clothes on. You know these girls don't know how to act when the see a real man." I took another piece of pie and kissed granny on the cheek.

The game was over and the guys were done processing a couple of deer taken on the evening hunt. My grandparents were gone and everyone but my sisters Becky and Leslie, moms sister, Linda, and her husband, John, my cousins Jess, Michelle, Michael and Stephanie, left to make their way home. My brother Robert went home to try and work things out with his wife. A 6 year stint in the Marine Corp in Afghanistan had damaged him mentally and, unfortunately, he brought it home with him.

My younger brother Brannon was mad about giving his room up, until we set a TV up for his XBOX in the dining room. He'd be there playing games all night. Shower and bath time was interesting, to say the least. With so many people, the hot water heater couldn't keep up, so we bathed in shifts. While I was finishing up in "the kids bathroom" I heard the door knob turn and caught the door, slamming it shut, when I heard Michelle snicker and say "you thought I'd caught you, didn't ya?"

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me!"

"Hurry up Rusty I gotta pee!"

"Did you take my clothes?"

I then heard Jess "Hehehe, what are you going to do now? Let me see those muscles again, biggun."

I wrapped the towel around my waist, barely covering my butt, and walked to my room. The girls wide eyed, watching me as I walked. I swear I heard Jess "mm hmmm".

Jess is three years older than me, fairly tall at 5 feet 8 inches and very well built at 140 pounds Flowing dark hair and dark brown eyes completed the package. She wears just enough make up to barely tell she has it on.

She raced barrel horses until she was injured in 2014, spending a month in the hospital with a spinal injury. She recovered well, but hasn't gotten back on a horse.

Michelle is my age, not as tall as Jess, but just as pretty in a different way. She has our Irish ancestors pale skin and thick locks of the prettiest, long red hair I've ever seen. She's a tiny bit more plump than Jess, but not fat... athletic is a better term. Her blue eyes can pierce your soul and make you like it.

I laid on my bed, talking on the phone to my girlfriend, Kelly,. We were making plans for her visit the next day.

The turkey had gotten to me and I was about to fall asleep when she yelled at me.

"You don't hear that?"

"What, what's wrong!?" I was worried for a second.

"Nothing but me using the new toy I bought for when I can't be with you." Kelly sounded very playful.

"Ohhh. Shit babe I'm sorry. It's been a long day. Never mind. Tell me about your toy" My mind was racing and I was already getting hard hearing her tone.

"Hehe mmmmm...ohhh well it's not as good as you but it will have to do. Ohhhh. Mmmmmm."

"Mmm I'm already hard thinking about you baby." I couldn't help but stroke my cock as I listened.

"So are you alone?" She said with a little laugh. "Glad you don't have to share a room with one of your cousins."

"Yup and I'm thinking about how good you feel when you sit up on me and grind slowly ... Mmmmm". I was already building. This wasn't normally how Kelly acted and it was exciting.

"Ohhh yesss Rusty. I want to feel you pushing into my wet pussy, baby. Feel you pulse inside me...ohhh goddd"

"Baby are you going to cum for me? Cum baby. Tell me how you're cumming and how you want to feel my cock move in you. Harder baby. ". I coaxed her and could hear her toy buzzing.

"Ohh Rusty cumming... Cumm ... Ah. Ah. Ah. Uhhhhh. ". She was breathing heavily now into the phone.

"I want to hold you tight to me while I thrust faster. Feel your hair all over me... Harder Faster. Ugh ung. I'm Cumming. Ohhh yeahhh." Her sound did it. I erupted, spewing my seed all over my belly and hand.

"See you tomorrow baby. We are going to the hay barn first! I have another surprise for you." She was excited and I couldn't wait to see her.

It would be two years before I saw Kelly again.

Up early, 5 AM the next morning. Michael wanted to go hunting and I'd promised I'd put him on a stand where a nice buck had been chasing does. Mama was cooking breakfast. Bacon, grits, eggs and her famous homemade biscuits, with coffee and orange juice. Dad was ready, too, sitting in his chair in the living room watching the early morning news. I grabbed a cup of coffee, snatched a piece of bacon before mama could pop...and we heard Dad go nuts.

"Get in here NOW! Look at this. It's gone. Destroyed."

News was filtering about a massive earthquake, and the ticker at the bottoms of the screen was adding new locations hit by the quakes.

"My God" Dad said, "California is on fire. It's gone. One of the geological research offices in Nevada has reported a 11.3 earthquake and they don't know where the center is!!"

We watched for about 30 minutes, then news broke again. The quake had been felt as far east as Oklahoma. People were scrambling. We could hear helicopters flying from Fort Benning. Our military was mobilizing.

The phone rang and it was my brother, Robert. He talked to dad for a minute and then Dad put him on speaker phone. We could hear his wife, Linda, crying in the back ground.

"I love you all...it's worse than what you've seen on the news. I have to go. I need to help our people. I've been called up and have to report to Camp Lejeune. Dad? You still have all of Pop's supplies in the storm cellar, don't you?"

"Yeah son."

"If news stops coming in and power goes down, y'all get in that cellar and don't come out unless you absolutely have to. It's going to get worse. That's all I can say. Love y'all I gotta go."

Mama was in tears. We didn't know what to think.

The news broke again for an announcement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"Another quake has occurred in the area of Yellowstone National Park. Seismic measurements show the initial quake in the area was 7.1, centered in the area near the Old Faithful Geyser. Please stay tuned for further updates. Crews are in route."

The news was overwhelming. Crews reported small quakes in north Georgia and Tennessee but nothing over 3.2. Schools were already closing for the next week and grocery stores were being emptied quickly, with very little prospect of supplies to restock the shelves. It was 6:30. Barely an hour and a half since news of the first quake hit. Then, news broke again.

"Lava is flowing from the San Andreas Fault on a stretch of the fault 3 miles long. Citizens of San Jose are being told to evacuate immediately...wait...WHAT! This just in. At this time we are going live to Yellowstone National Park."

The person on camera said "Thank you. We are live at a location south of what's believed to be the epicenter of the Yellowstone quake. As you can see there are plumes of smoke billowing into the sky. That hill...that mountain...was not there at this time yesterday. It is believed that lava is push...", and the video feed went black.

The frazzled anchorman could only croak "Are you there? Ok we seem to have lost communication with our crew and will return when we reestablish those lines. We go now got to correspondents in Wyoming."

"Thank you. We just heard a tremendous explosion. Our crew reports that it looks like a nuclear bomb has gone off in Yellowstone. The sky is filled with volcanic lightning, lava and ash."

Everyone was glued to the TV. Mama was crying. No one spoke but Dad.

"Get everything you've got and inventory it. Toothpaste, soap, deodorant, bullets, knives, guns, everything! Keep it handy and be ready. Nobody goes anywhere. Anne" (my mom) "you and the girls get all the canned goods and dry foods. Put them in the cellar."

News from affected areas began to stop coming in. It was like no one was there. Then a news station out of Missouri reported mysterious deaths. The plumes were spreading east from the jet stream and scientists were reporting deadly gases that caused your lungs to blister, were mixed in the ash and clouds, blisters cause you to drown on your own fluids and causes blisters to unprotected skin... The plumes had already reached Kansas. In a matter of hours, they would be here.

At last report, the earthquake in California was 14.2 and Yellowstone was 7.6, with more, relatively minor quakes scattered along the Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys. Mount St Helen erupted, spilling lava south in more volume then when it erupted in 1980. Yellowstone had erupted with a force 100 times greater than Hiroshima or Nagasaki...combined. No planes were flying and satellites could not see through the plume that covered nearly all the northern hemisphere.

People were dying. There was no sign of life outside our bunker. It had been 5 days since it all started. Power was out. Phones were down.

Extreme electrical storms blanketed the country causing thousands of lightening strikes every few minutes. No rain. We needed rain to to knock the gasses and ash out of the air but what would it do to the water?

We were in a fallout shelter built by my great grandfather during WWII. Dad kept it up and used it to store what was, now, our emergency supply of food and water. We also saved three chickens, one dog and four pet rabbits.

After 5 days, the one thing we desperately needed was water. Dad elected to go out and draw water from the well. He made, it but not without injury. His mask failed. He held his breath as long as he could, but pulled his mask off a few yards from the shelter and took a deep breath.

The damage was done. He was spitting up blood, but we got him inside. It was bad. He was writhing in pain and said he wouldn't make it. He insisted on going out to die on his porch, where he liked to sit in the evenings after working the fields all day. He left the cellar and started walking toward the front of the house. Uncle John held Mama and I back. All we could do it watch from a dingy window on the outer door of the cellar. He didn't make it past the gate to the yard before he collapsed. There was nothing we could do.

The water needed testing. The rabbits were the first test. We gave one rabbit water and it was fine, but we waited and watched for two days. The water was boiled anyway to be sure.

Day 13

We didn't move much, to conserve energy and air. The air filter system was hand operated and ,to be honest, we didn't know how long it would last. We were numb. We lost dad and no one spoke about it. Why?

Everything was dead. The stench was coming through the filter system. Maybe it was us that stunk, because we hadn't bathed in 13 days.

Everyone left alive in our family were holed up in our small, 20 by 20 fallout shelter. Me, mom, aunt Linda, uncle John, my brother Brannon, my sisters Becky and Leslie, my cousins Michelle, Jess, Stephanie, and Michael. Eleven people, a dog, three chickens, 4 rabbits and supplies all crammed into that hole,15 feet deep in the ground.

"Mama, what's that noise?"

Brannon hadn't said much other than griping about no XBOX.

"I don't know baby...shhhh y'all listen"

It sounded like something hitting the outer door.

I grabbed a rifle and went to see what the sound was.

"Mama its mud. Mud is falling from the sky. Gray mud." I couldn't believe what I saw.

"Holy shit, it's raining!" Said Michael.

And did it rain and storm...for three days. Violent storms. We heard two tornados pass over, probably destroying any building left standing on the farm.

(Cough cough cough)

"Anne are you getting sick?", asked Aunt Linda.

Aunt Linda was two years older than mom but they could pass for twins. Both with beautiful light brown hair and tall frames accentuated by full hips and well endowed bosoms.

"Yeah Linda I haven't felt good in a few days." Mama said weakly.

"Someone needs to go see how things are. It quit raining and it is getting colder quickly". Aunt Linda was anxious and uneasy in her tone.

Aunt Linda told Uncle John to go and Mom went to pieces.

John said, "Im going to take one of the rabbits with me. That way if it can breathe and not get sick so can we".

He carried that rabbit and did not put it down, in case it ate something that caused it to be sick. We watched.

The sky was beautiful. It looked like winter in Georgia. No leaves. No green grass. No wind. No sound. No birds. No jets. No loud pickup trucks on the road... Did anything live?

Uncle John walked to the well and found was tight and clean. The rabbit was fidgeting, wanting down. Nothing. The rabbit was fine.

Slowly and cautiously, Uncle John took off the mask. He turned with a pained look on his face and was crying. He said:

"It's the cleanest air I think I've ever breathed into my lungs."