Valley of the Woods Ch. 01

Story Info
Is it misery or love? Come and see...
2.1k words
3.95
17.5k
11

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
E_R_Rush
E_R_Rush
17 Followers

He stumbled, his small feet catching on several felled branches and twigs, thorns tugged viciously at his delicate face and arms, desperate to catch hold and tear.

Gasping, he ran, and I watched. High up in a spruce I gazed mesmerized as his limbs worked double time, his small lean frame weaved in and out of the trees and finally fell amongst the darkening leaves and twigs. I jerked upright, alarmed when he didn't stand.

I leapt from my perch in the treetops and landed next to the small man. His long dark hair feathered out from his pale head and tangled into the leaves, his eyebrows bunched in a troubled manner, his eyes fluttered and I caught glimpses of the purest blue. My breath caught when I saw his lips; the pale pink pouted out slightly and cool breath swirled between the two rose petals.

I reached out in a trance, my fingers brushed his cheek and my eyes eased closed.

I gathered him gently in my strong arms and flew, leaping from tree to tree, I finally landed next to the small cabin nestled comfortably in the valley of the the woods. I slipped through the wide bay window and laid his small frame along the plush queen bed that sat in the middle of a barren room.

I stared at him as he slowly curled his arms against his chest and drew his knees against his soft, angular jaw.

I narrowed my eyes; concerned.

His eyebrows bunched together, and his shoulders shook. He mewled quietly at first, until they eventually became terrified cries of distress.

My eyes widened and my heart squeezed painfully in my chest. I placed my hands at his jaw, stroking his sharp cheekbones with my thumbs, murmuring soft words of comfort. His crying slowed, but he writhed even more frantically in my arms, tears leaked from his eyes and streaked his pale cheeks. Sitting on the bed I gathered him into my arms and held him softly, and very slowly, his shaking stilled and a shaky sigh escaped his throat.

I clenched my jaw and gripped him close. He burrowed closer, small contented noises made me smile softly.

So it was true.

I closed my eyes and laid back, fully aware I would have to leave swiftly. However, it didn't matter as long as I could hold him.

***

I awoke feeling alone, oh so alone. I drew a ragged breath and gripped my head. I teared up and wrapped my arms around myself, remembering the warm comforting arms that held me in my dreams the night before. His words, the ones I looked forward to swirled around in my mind and I smiled sadly. The word schadenfreude drifted lazily behind my eyes and I laughed grimly; that word had been painstakingly present during these last few years of my life.

Tragic happiness. That's how I always felt nowadays.

I sighed and rose shakily. Stumbling, I made my way to the bathroom.

I scowled at the mirror, and it glared right back.

I stared stoically. *What* had I allowed to happen to myself over the years?! My dark hair draped around my shoulders and my eyes in a listless sort of way. My once brilliant eyes sank deep into their sockets, and they seemed dull and free of intelligence. I stared blankly at my face, noticing how gaunt I had become, how my cheeks hollowed in and the darks circles blended into my cheek bones. That drew my attention. My fingers drifted lightly over my cheekbones that jutted unnaturally, and then down to my cracked lips. My tongue darted out over my lips, and my sunken eyes widened, shocked by the rough texture.

I prodded my ribs, and lifted my shirt.

You could clearly see every one of my ribs, and my protruding hips were pulling my skin taut over my stomach. I truly looked like a living skeleton.

Staring into my hollow eyes I swallowed, and I realized how painful that simple action had become.

I tore my attention away from the mirror, disgusted. I took five steps back, and bumped into the shower. I swiveled my head, and stared into the shower. Shrugging, I stripped the rest of the way and stepped into the dry shower.

Soon I stood under the steady stream of water, stared up at the mildew stained ceiling. As the water pelted my throat and chest I wondered what the point was. Why...why was I here? I had yet to find my purpose, and i didn't think I ever would. I was loath to live if all I did was wander. *That* was hardly living.

My lip trembled and a sob ripped out of my chest. I buried my head into my hands and cried.

***

Chapter two

That had been happening a lot.

The crying. I cried and cried. I had a history of depression, it ran in my family. And lately it had been hitting me hard. I never experienced such a crippling pain as I had these past few years; it burned in my chest and I heaved, throat constricting over and over. My heart felt hollow, it had never experienced love, or very much joy. So, what's the point if your life is *that* void of love?

I choked on a sob, my hand squeezed over my heart, I desperately scratched at my chest and begged myself to feel something.

I slid onto my knees and curled in on myself. I gasped in ragged breaths until I tasted blood and became light-headed.

My breathing deepened and my eyes fluttered closed. I drooped forward onto the mercifully cool tile, blacking out.

***

I waited, sitting lightly atop the swaying spruce. Humming, I gazed along the treeline and thought.

I thought about him, and his beautiful eyes, his soft lips, and then...about his tears.

I frowned.

Why did he cry? Was it something *I* had done? No, it couldn't have been, he calmed when I held him.

I huffed, it wasn't me, so what was it? Was he scared of the dark?

Growling in frustration I slammed my fist onto the side of the tree. The tree shuddered, leaves floated to the ground and birds screeched as they flew off into the sunset.

Off in the distance I could see his house. Trees bent over it, as if in protection and birds perched atop his roof, milling around and squawking in disjointed rhythm.

The windows slowly fogged and steam seeped from cracks in the doors, walls and windows. I leaned forward, my muscles strung tightly, and squinted, looking for him.

My eyes searched, and my chest heaved. He was nowhere to be seen.

The trees swayed violently as I leapt, springing from tree to tree. My mind went wild, and I whimpered; terrified.

I landed on his roof with an ominous thud and crawled into his home through the chimney. Sputtering, coughing, and covered in soot I dashed through the house searching frantically.

I could hear water running in the background and I slipped on the grimy wood flooring, falling in my haste to get to my suße. I pulled myself up swiftly, and slammed the door open. It hit the wall with a crash and shards of mirror rained down on my head and the trashed flooring. I ran in with reckless abandon, my one goal being my beloved.

A naked scrawny figure was draped half in and half out of the shower, his arms pulled tight against his heart. Blood rolled steadily from his full lower lip and small scratches on his chest made my heart squeeze unpleasantly.

I stooped, glass crunched underneath my bare feet and I flinched. I gathered his frail body gently into my arms and he began to convulse.

I stared, horrified, as blood spewed from his mouth and I realized that his lip wasn't split; his blood had rolled down his lip and made it appear so.

I sat, tears ran down my face and I cradled him close to my chest as he spasmed, blood painting the derelict walls and floor with vivid misery.

He choked, and his hands reached to grasp at the base of his throat. I tipped his head up so he could breathe, and my body shook with the force of our combined sobs. With every one of his convulsions my heart fractured into pieces. It killed me to see him in pain, and he was enduring oh so much.

His seizure slowed, and he coughed, blood dribbled from the corner of his mouth and his eyes eased open.

***

Chapter 3

I was greeted by a bloodstained beauty.

For a thousand moments I laid mesmerized, blood and tears dripped from our heaving forms. His jaw was strong, and it tapered down into a blunt pointed chin. His lips made me shudder; his bottom lip was full and pouted, with a smaller top. He had a confident roman nose that accentuated his dark green eyes that were framed by thick dark lashes. His lashes dripped with tears, and his dark eyebrows knitted together while he bit his deadly lower lip in concern. I sighed, content. If I was to be insane, I at least could be with him. The object of my previously blind dreams and fantasies had materialized and I could finally hold him.

The temptation was too great; I draped my boney arms around his muscular shaking form, I laced my thin fingers against his broad shoulders. Blushing, I buried my face in his brown waves, and breathed deeply. He smelled like firewood and cinnamon; an intoxicating scent I instantly became hooked on.

He started, and pushed me slightly away. I frowned, confused; in theory, my hallucination shouldn't reject me. After all, I created him to accept me.

"Are you OK?" He questioned in a shaking voice, "You're not in pain or anything?"

"Nope," I responded, burrowing into his chest, "Im fine. Why?"

He cocked his eyebrow and gestured around the room broadly.

The mirror lay fractured over the floor, reflection the copious amount of blood that painted the room. My jaw dropped and my eyes widened as I realized I was not only naked, but covered in a large amount of my own blood, which was also spattered all over the body that held me. My gaze dropped to his feet, they were torn up, jagged pieces of bloody mirror jutted out from the soles like mismatched puzzle pieces, steadily dripping blood into the dirty tile.

I shuddered, tucking my knees up to my chin.

"Uh," He said, squirming uncomfortably, "Uhm.."

I felt something swell underneath my thigh, and looked down in confusion. My face flushed when it hit me, and I quickly scrambled off of him, hiding my own growing length with my hands.

Blushing, he stood and cleared a path for me to walk through. However, I couldn't move. I stood, slack jawed as I stared at the massive tent in his pants. His girth strained against the zipper, and I could almost see it pulse.

I swallowed dryly, my mouth parted slightly and I think I may have drooled. He shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, and I was knocked out of my reverie. Blushing, I hurried out of the room, my manhood rock hard against my palms.

"So...," He coughed awkwardly,"What's you name?"

I turned to look over my shoulder as I jerked on some underpants and black skinny jeans.

"Nanao Takeda, but most people call me Nana."

"That's actually a very cool name," He said, grinning, "I've got a damned stupid name."

He smirked at me; I was having issues with my shirt. It was currently pulled taut across my face, one arm in the armhole and the other one smashed against my cheek through the head hole.

I huffed, grumbling as I finally freed myself and successfully tugged my baggy Nirvana shirt over my head.

"So you're Japanese?" He asked, confused, "But you have those sexy- I mean you have blue eyes."

My legs ached, so I sat on the bed and gestured for him to join me. I smiled when he plopped down right beside me.

"Most people assume I'm Japanese because of my name and my dark hair. But the rest of me looks not at all Oriental, so yeah," I laughed, "Its a bit confusing. My mom was Japanese, so I got her dark hair, pale skin and she got to name me. The only thing my asshole father gave me is my nose, my eyes, and the waves in my hair."

I smiled grimly, and crossed my arms over my chest. I waited for him to look at me in disgust, or worse, in pity.

"Man, that sucks. My dad ditched my mom when I was little. I get it."

*Thump thump* *thump thump*

Scarlet burned under my cheeks, and my heart beat painfully in my chest. I smiled weakly and my heart melted. That was not good.

+

Hi guys, its Rush.

This is my first submission, please be gentle.

I will have new chapters hopefully next week sometime.

E_R_Rush
E_R_Rush
17 Followers