Valley of the Woods Ch. 02

Story Info
People change for love, but also for the lack of it.
2.4k words
4.33
10.4k
6

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/20/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
E_R_Rush
E_R_Rush
17 Followers

Hey guys its Rush.

So I had some issues with my last submission, and I promise to do my best to fix them! (I would like to state that this is a supernatural story and also may contain violent material that some people may find disturbing.)

I worked hard on this, so I hope you all enjoy it.

***

Vampire:

His scarlet face called to me. I could hear his blood singing to me as it pulsed audibly in his veins. The burning in my throat worsened as I took notice of his blood dripping from my chest; a temptation worse than any other. Feeling light headed I stared. His black Nirvana shirt stuck to his bloody chest, and his long dark hair brushed his mid back when he swept it all over his shoulder to twist nervously. I raked my eyes up to his delicate face and saw he was panting under the force of my scrutiny. I sucked in a shocked breath and scolded myself. I was bad for him. I would inevitably hurt him. In the end, it would be better if I never existed. After all, once a monster, always a monster. And I was most certainly that.

"Nana," I whispered in a heated voice,"I'm leaving. I never existed. You have to forget me." My voice cracked on those last two damning words.

"No," he breathed, "I couldn't possibly forget you. I *need* you. Please, " he started sobbing, "don't leave me. Don't make me be alone again. Don't go like the rest of them, " he slipped to the floor and scraped his nails along the wood while he broke down, " don't you dare fucking leave me...don't..leave..no! You can't" his head lifted shakily, tears rolled down his face and his eyes fluttered like brilliant blue butterfly wings. I stood unflinching and slowly backed away from my own happiness. He didn't need me, he needed someone human. Someone who could love and hold him. Someone normal. I turned and fled into the night. His screams echoed heart wrenchingly. Violent sounds of heartbreak chased me deep into the woods of my solitude.

***

Nanao:

There was nothing.

Nothing but dark stone walls of misery.

I had a hollowness, a deep gut wrenching sense of loss. I was all but comatose, the pain dragged me to the surface of the numbness that threatened to take me and never release me. I begged for the numbness. That lack if feeling I craved, second only to the burning desire for him to come back.

Flames licked my heart menacingly. A constant reminder that I was alone. Oh so alone...

My back arched and I screamed. The sheets wrapped around my white knuckles, and I twisted my fists and feet into the mattress as I writhed.

"...alone." I sobbed, "So alone. Why I am I so alone?!"

Springs squeaked under my weight as I shifted, curling in on myself into the fetal position. My fingers twisted into my black hair and tugged hard. That pain was dulled, I couldn't feel it above the raising cacophony of my misery clashing with my broken heart.

Everyone left, it was inexorable that I would be left alone. But god, every time it was a deeper misery. There was no coming back from this one, there was no way. I dreamed about him for months, crying out and wishing I could see him. Whenever I was sad, or lonely he was always there, invisible to me. But I could always feel his warmth, could curl into his broad chest and shudder.

I choked on my sob as I remembered that he had even seen me at my weakest point; stripped bare and bloody. He had held me as I convulsed and spewed blood over the two of us. I couldn't get over him, but I could do my best to try.

Over the next few weeks I grew accustomed to being without him. I got up, went to work, and came home. That was my life now.

I moved away from that valley in the woods. It was far too painful.

I now lived in a cheap apartment complex in the city. I'm still as skinny as ever, however I have thankfully gained a few pounds. I cut my hair, so it hung in soft waves just past my shoulders. My eyes were the most notable change. They were dull, dim. They had a constant haunted quality about them, and after a few days in the city I started wearing brown contacts.

I wanted nothing to do with that time I had lived in the woods. So I did my best to forget.

I changed almost everything about how I looked, and even acted. I was quiet, and soft spoken. I never talked until someone talked to me first, and I did my best to blend in with people. No one paid attention to me and I was good at acting invisible. I could hide myself.

It was the hardest at night. When I was alone with my thoughts and nothing to distract from the mind numbing pain. I would cry out for him, beg to be held. And every so often, a little trickle of blood would run past my lips as a gruesome reminder.

Soon, months had past, yet I still longed for him. The nameless man with the wicked features. Work was dull. I worked at a publishing company. It was my job to edit the books that were pulled in by the big wigs. During the night I went to school, trying to earn my degree in Literature. My life was slow and average. I tried best to express those same attributes in my appearance. I was unapproachable and enclosed. No one talked to me, and I talked to no one in turn.

It was misery.

I tried coping. I was good at at.

"Takeda."

I turned in my desk chair to see my boss holding out the manuscript I had edited yesterday.

"Yes?"

He frowned, setting the manuscript on my desk, "You missed several mistakes on pages three and seven. I can't have you making any more mistakes, Takeda. You need to straighten your act."

I nodded, chagrined. I never could focus. It was all thanks to that damned hallucination. Or man, whatever it was.

"Sorry sir, I promise to try and fix it."

Mr. Mauricio shook his head disparagingly and turned on the balls of his feet to walk back into his cushy office. I sighed and leaned back into my chair, closing my eyes and squeezing my temples. I needed to pull myself together.

I leaned forward and a long held breath wheezed out of my lungs. I set my jaw and went back to correcting my mistakes.

***

Nanao:

The rest of the work day was torture. I got three new short stories to edit and one of them wasn't even all in English. So in short, today was hell.

When leaving the office I locked the door behind me, as I was the last one there. I checked my cheap watch; it was nine pm. I groaned, trudging through the freezing parking garage. Goosebumps prickled my sensitive skin and I shivered; why did I chose to wear such a thin shirt in mid December?

When I arrived next to my junker I found the door unlocked, and I frowned. Usually I was more cautious than that, seeing as how I worked in the middle of New York city.

My car shuddered when I started it up, or tried to. Groaning, I turned my key three more times in vain. Shit. Today truly was a day from hell.

Well, at least the college wasn't very far from here. I sighed and pulled my longish hair up into a messy bun.

"Let's do this," I muttered to myself while taking the steps three at a time. I was short, but most of my minimal height was made up of my legs.

My legs felt numb and I huffed while I walked down the lightly snowed sidewalks. My breath billowed out of my parted lips in a translucent fog, joining the cold still air.

The streets were crowded, shivering bodies jostling and shoving each other to get to their destinations. I looked up, and could see no stars or the moon. The only light was the glow of the windows in the hulking buildings; the light pollution was far too great to allow any natural light.

My entire body was quivering with cold and I lacked the body hair to keep me warm. So I walked faster, soon sprinting. I was only three or four blocks away, and I grinned in anticipation of the heat.

The streets grew more and more crowded as I ran. Soon I could barely squeeze between the tall bodies, and I was desperate for warmth and I needed to get indoors before I became too claustrophobic.

I was shoved forward and my knees connected with the ground. The harsh crack was lost in the noise and confusion, but I winced. At least I wasn't being trampled.

A loafer covered foot made contact with my frail shoulder and I was slammed into the pavement.

"Damn it," I muttered, standing, "that hurts like a bitch."

I dusted myself off and glanced to my left, spying an alley that lead me closer to the college than if I kept walking. All I had to do was climb and jump the chain link fence.

I hesitated, pausing at the entrance to the alley. Wasn't this dangerous?

I shook myself, saying that nothing bad would happen. So I took a few steps into the derelict and cramped space littered with dumpsters.

My blue hands clamped down on the fence. My fingers linked through the chain and I hefted myself up the wall of linked metal.

I felt eyes on my back and I swiveled my head. A tall dark figure stood at the entrance of the alley.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the frozen metal. My heart raced and my breathing sped. I started climbing faster, but my boot clad foot slipped on ice frozen to the fence.

I came tumbling down to the icy concrete and smashed my arm to the ground. I was sure I felt a snap in my arm, but I barely winced. I was used to pain, but the adrenaline really numbed it.

My head rested on the ground and I breathed deeply. My head pounded where I had hit it and I saw two large black boots stepping in front of my widened eyes.

I closed my eyes and pushed a breath out between my icy lips.

This truly was the day from hell.

I was lifted by the scruff of my neck and my heart sputtered to a halt. This was like something from a horror movie. The frail innocent looking girl walked into an alley and was brutally stabbed to death for no apparent reason. And then I realized, *I* was the girl.

I quivered like a leaf caught in the wind and I stared into cold, dark eyes. A sinister smirk was plastered to his dark, russet colored face and I curled in on myself.

I couldn't speak, couldn't move. I opened my mouth to scream, but all that came out was a croak.

Before I knew what was happening I was flung violently into a dumpster. My aching arm slapped into the metal and I let out a scream. The loud sound was drowned out by the commotion of the street, and I laid on the cold grimy floor dragging in gasps of breath.

"You're a little faggot aren't you," he sneered, kneeling next to my bleeding form, "I can see it."

I couldn't speak but for little whimpers that spilled out of my lips. I just shook my head back and forth, hoping he would leave me to my misery.

"Yeah you are," he grinned manically, "You even look like a girl. If you like dick so much, then why don't you take mine?"

Horror, pure horror shot through my veins like the ice I was surrounded by. This was much worse than a gay bashing. I was about to be raped and there was nothing I could do about it.

I squeezed my eyes shut and cried. I felt my pants being ripped open and my underwear being cut off of my body. I sobbed into the ground and struggled to move away. He gripped my waist and I was sure he left bruises where his fingers dug punishing marks into my body.

Over the next hour I felt the most pain I had ever experienced in my life. A burning horrible agony ripped me in two, and there was nothing I could do but lay there and take it. I was left, broken and battered laying in the filthy alley. I cursed myself and sobbed, writhing on the icy ground. I could feel the cooling liquid leaking from the crack of my ass, and I wailed.

I heard a panicked shout, and then a bunch more. I was being turned over and moved around, I was poked and prodded and examined until I cried out in anguish.

Several comforting voices were murmured in my ear. They told me to hang on, to stay awake, that help was on it's a way.

I blacked out moments later, with the sensation of being lifted the last thing I felt.

***

Nanao:

I woke several times in a daze, faces and objects blurring together. I couldnt hear words, but rather voices. Random tones rang out in my ears, muted and muffled.

I passed out almost immediately after I woke. Multiple times I would freak out and gag on the tube in my throat, and a nurse had to come and sedate me.

I was plagued by memories, both new and old. Images of my time in the woods flew behind my eyelids. Green eyes blinked in front of my face; taunting and beautiful.

Then there was terror. Horrible pain and absolute fear shot through me like a bullet. I awoke, screaming and pleading into the nothingness of a dark hospital room.

I writhed in my bed, soaking my sheets in a cold sweat. A nurse rushed in and I was put under once again.

The anesthesia did nothing to keep my memories at bay, if anything they aided in my torture. I couldnt move, couldnt cry out as I was bombarded with image after image, words echoing in my mind. I was sure I was going insane.

E_R_Rush
E_R_Rush
17 Followers