Vampire in Central Park Ch. 01

Story Info
The beginnings of a story about a young vampire.
779 words
4.19
7.2k
6
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sky was black as pitch and the stink of the city permeated the air. The night was choked with a thick blanket of fog that had settled low over the sleeping city. Sharp peaks sprouted from the grey, like smoky mountain peaks rather than a familiar cityscape. I could almost lose myself to the peaceful illusion of waiting mountains. This visage of my city was foreign to me and my sheltered life. My nights were spent with caviar and my family's wealthy friends I thought as I crept, unnoticed through the dark concrete paths of central park.

Restless anxiety kept me moving, a living shadow in another world of drugs, prostitutes, and the homeless. My red louboutins pumps and prada trench should have made me easy prey, but reckless wanderlust made me confident and brave. Something carnal drove the rational fear away and my blood beat hot in my ears. I passed frightening monsters of men and with one look from me they withered and I passed them like a ghost. I was on the move, a huntress stalking the night itself. That night would be forever etched upon my soul.

Central park zoo was lit by the soft glow of dawn when I heard a soft gurgling that made my hair stand on end. Suddenly the breeze brought the metallic tang of blood deep into my head. The scent made me dizzy and my mind reeled and my body was alive. Every nerve in my body went suddenly alive and saliva and blood flooded my mouth. Without conscious thought I was following the scent that Swirled around me, intoxicating as a drug.

I smelled him before I saw him, spice and orange and his own unmistakable aroma hit me like a wall. He was draped over the body of a young woman, his short dark hair was a stark contrast to her moon lit blond tresses. Her chest rose and fell steadily and I could suddenly hear the pounding of her heart. Blood flowed freely from where his teeth met the nape of her neck and pinpricks of blood welled on his forearms where her nails bit into his flesh. As soon as my eyes made contact with those wine dark pearls of blood my nostrils flared and I was consumed with the scent of his blood. My mouth watered and my entire body swelled to a heated flush. He hadn't noticed my presence and I felt as if I was a voyeur witnessing something very intimate.

As I began to take a step away, suddenly, his nostrils twitched and his eyes slanted up to me. Vivid watery green eyes connected to my startled stare. Electricity shot between us as his eyes widened and his pupils dilated wildly. I felt like I knew him but couldn't fathom how, his gaze was sharp but something ancient and weary lurked in those sea green pools and shot sparks up and down my spine. His jaw released from the woman's neck with a wet sucking and his ivory white fangs reflected from the shadows that hid his face.

His head raised proudly and a lopsided grin flicked to a corner of his mouth as he sank back into the shadows lowering the woman to the park bench delicately. Then, with a lick of his lips, he was just gone. I snapped out of my trance as the woman on the bench moaned softly and touched a slender hand to her throat. I rushed over to her and realized, startled, that not only was she still alive, but she was better than fine when she looked up at me with glazed eyes and chuckled.

I stumbled backwards as the absence of his scent assaulted me and the terror of the entire situation gripped my body like an iron fist. I watched amazed as she licked the blood from her fingers and a scream died in my throat. I ran blindly driven toward home, more from fear of my own confusing desires than anything else.

The next day I woke up in my own bed with the vivid memories of those green eyes etched into my head. I ducked under a cold shower and told myself i must have been dreaming as a got ready for the day. It was eerie how normal everything that day felt, especially after the bizarre night I had experienced the day before. Sticking a bagel in my mouth and running out the door with my purse in one hand and keys and briefcase in the other made me realize how oddly normal today seemed in contrast to last night's vampire in central park.

End Chapter 1