Vaughn's Choice

Story Info
A woman's choice between two men with open hearts.
14.9k words
4.71
6.8k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Psyche's eyes drifted side to side, following her husband Eros' journey across their floor. He ran his fingers through his hair grasping the ends. He had been at it for days. He would walk to their viewing pool and look down at the mortals then back to his endless pacing. Psyche rolled her eyes. Why did he care so much for those useless ants? They hadn't shown true worship in eons. Eros bent over the pool and let out a roar.

"Eros, Darling, please come to me."

He turned to his beloved, wide-eyed and hair electrified. "Psyche I cannot be still. You do not understand."

She rose from her perch on the couch. Her body moved fluidly across the floor to the love of her life, distracting him from his plight. His eyebrows rose. Psyche embraced him. "My dear Eros," her lips brushed the underside of his chin. "Come make love to me." She whispered in his ear.

Her spell was broken at the mention of love. "Psyche," he removed her arms. "You don't understand."

"You said that already, Dearest," She huffed. "What exactly don't I understand?"

"I am a god! The god of love in fact and I have been unable to make a love connection."

"I'm trying to make a love connection with you right now." Psyche complains, her hands on her hips.

"Psyche, you were human. You are content to just be. My very purpose is to create love in the world." His eyebrows furroughed and his lips were drawn tight.

She sighed, turning from him. "So create already, Eros." She waved a hand in the air.

"That is just it! The humans are so distracted by their gadgets. Not only that! They have turned my gift into nothing more than a computer algorithm. No one has eye contact anymore. They are glued to their smartphones and tablets. They are engrossed in their mindless games. I loose arrows and they go to waste." He roared again and went back to his endless pacing. Eros abruptly turned to his consort. "Psyche, you are the goddess of the soul and spirit. How can you turn your back on humanity?"

She looked at her lover's twisted face, the sweat pouring from his temples. "I shall return." And with a flash of light she was gone.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Psyche walked the dirty streets of the city, her nose pinched as she noticed the activity her husband had described. The people walked with their heads down, fingers moving rapidly on miniature devices. They swiftly moved between narrow spaces in the crowd, never making a human connection. Human touch was non-existant. Psyche wrapped her arms around herself and shivered at the magnitude of emptiness surrounding them. She attempted to make eye contact with men and women as they scurried by to no avail. Even the children were lost to their electronic toys.

Psyche traversed tirelessly, willing the universe to present her with someone who was not lost to love and spirit. She happened upon a park covered with lush green grass and beautiful flower adorned trees. It was nearly empty, save two people. She sat far away from them but listened to their conversation.

The woman was smiling into the face of a little boy. "Norman, I want you to come to this place in your mind when things get rough," she said in a gentle voice. "Look down at the grass, how green and full of life it is. What do you see?"

"I see green spikes."

She smiled, "They are called blades."

His eyes grew wide. "A ladybug!" Vaughn extended her finger allowing the bug to perch on it. She brought it to the boy's eye level. "Wow."

"Ladybugs are wonderful creatures. Not all are the same. The number of spots varies. Would you like to hold it, Norman." He nodded eagerly. "Stick out your finger." He complied. Her finger brushed his as the ladybug chose a new perch. "The ladybug needs you to be calm and quiet to enjoy his beauty."

"How do you know it is a boy?" Norman asked, his eyes never leaving his prize.

"I don't. I just guessed." She watched him turn his finger different ways to get a better look at the bug. Eventually, it flew away. "What else do you see?"

"Brown dirt." The boy said as he moved his face closer to the ground. "And ants."

"How does the dirt feel to the touch?" She asked in her soothing voice.

"Bumpy and cool."

"What else is there around us?"

"Trees with red flowers."

Vaughn put a hand down on the ground and pushed herself onto her feet. She reached out for Norman's hand, pulling him up. She cradled his hand as she walked closer to the tree. The soft crunch of the grass made a symphony under their feet. Reaching up, she pulled down two closed red flowers. She took one between two fingers popping the flower open. Norman thrust his hand out impatiently. She giggled and gave it to him. He popped the flower open and looked up at her in wonder. "How do you feel, Norman?"

He tilted his head. His eyebrows furrowed. He ran his hand absentmindedly up and down his arm. "Happy? Peaceful?"

"Why are the words questions and not statements?"

"Because, they don't quite fit. My heart feels like it is going to burst right out of my chest. Is that happiness?"

"That's joy." Vaughn smiled down at him. "Do you think you can go to that place when you are feeling scared in your new home?"

"I will try, Ms. Vaughn." She nodded, pleased with his answer. She walked him to the car waiting to take him to his new foster home.

Vaughn gazed down at the sweet boy who had never known peace in his seven years on this earth. "I will see you next week, yes?"

Norman smiled back. "Can we meet here again?"

Vaughn bent over, resting her hands on her knees. "Of course, we can." She waved goodbye as the car drove away.

Psyche was intrigued by this gentle woman. The woman sat down on a bench in quiet contemplation. Her hair was full of springy little coils. Her eyes were the color of cinnamon. Her legs were shapely as were her hips. Vaughn had perfect sweetheart lips; soft, pouty and kissable. Her breasts were full and round.

Psyche approached her hesitantly. "Is this seat taken?"

Vaughn graced her with the most angelic smile. "No." Vaughn took in her ancient toga and long flowing blond locks.

"I am the goddess Psyche."

"Nice to meet you, Psyche," Vaughn replied humoring the oddly dressed woman.

"You do not believe."

"It is not every day a beautiful woman approaches me and says she is a goddess."

Psyche ignored the disbelief. Her mission was urgent. "I am here to offer you a gift that will change your life."

"I already know Jesus, thank you."

"I am not speaking of religion child. I am speaking of love."

"Love? Oh if you could manage that, my mother might just worship you." Vaughn said with a giggle.

Psyche looked around the area where Vaughn was seated. "Where are your fancy gadgets?"

"Fancy gadgets?"

"You know, those horrid little rectangular things that seem to hold the attention of you mortals these days."

"Oh, well, I try to avoid them as much as possible. My phone is in my pocket for emergencies."

"You are like a pomegranate seed in Hades." Psyche smiled. "If you will allow my beloved to make you fall in love, I will reward you with riches untold."

"I already have riches untold. Incorruptible riches. I have a very rich life. I help the downtrodden, I enjoy nature, I curl up with a good book. What more do I need?"

"How about a partner to help you take care of little ones like the child you were with earlier?"

"I do wish I could do more for them. Unfortunately, I am not very good at fundraising, only therapy."

"If you open your heart to the possibility of love, I will send you people to aid you in your vision."

"If you can do that, we have a deal." Psyche watched as she walked away. One mortal down, one to go.

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

Psyche returned to her palatial home to find Eros a little more relaxed. "You've found someone."

"I have. She is lovely and content. Your gift will turn her world upside down." Psyche's lips twitched with the thought of the life-shattering power of love. She allowed herself to remember that moment when she fell in love with Eros. She went from being a princess, catered to and pampered to a woman who traveled the earth in search of her one true love.

Eros considered her, taking in her smiling eyes. "And just who are we going to find for her?"

Psyche lifted a shoulder. "I promise to return to my search tomorrow. Now may I have a little of your attention?" Eros nodded and swept her off her feet to the sound of her tinkling laughter.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

As promised, Psyche ventured out into the hollow world to find a possible mate for Vaughn. She found herself standing in front of a high rise. Her head fell back as her eyes climbed to the 20th floor. She could sense him on the balcony. In a flash, she was before him, almost knocking him out of his seat.

"Hello, mortal."

His seafoam green eyes studied her warily. "Who are you and how did you get here?"

"I am the goddess Psyche."

He laughed, "Okay, who is playing a trick on me?" He looked around for cameras or a person hiding.

Her eyes narrowed and her nostrils flared. "Greek blood flows through your veins and you dare to mock me?"

"Well, it is kind of overwhelming to have a beautiful woman suddenly appear on your balcony and announce that she is a goddess of myth and legend."

"I'm not a goddess of myth and legend, I am the goddess of soul and spirit." She spat.

"He put his hands up. "I meant no offense, I mean I never really believed that. . ."

"That we exist?" She cocked her head. He nodded. "I am here on an urgent mission from Eros."

"The sex god?"

"Ugh, mortals. The god of love."

"Yes, carnal love, right? I don't need any help in the carnal love department." He chuckled to himself, his green eyes gleaming with mischief.

"Eros is going to make you fall in love with someone." She casually stated her eyes hard as they looked into his.

"Thanks, but no thanks," He said rising from the seat.

"You are turning your back on a gift from the gods?" Her alabaster face reddened, her eyes widened.

"Look lady. . ."

"Psyche! The goddess Psyche!"

"Psyche, I appreciate the offer. But, I'm just not interested in having my life complicated by love."

"We shall see about that." She announced and was gone.

The man stood there locked in place, his mind attempting to fathom what just happened. He swiveled quickly on his heels and sought out his grandmother. She was sitting in her rooms. She gasped when he walked in. Her hand trembled as she reached out to touch him.

"Kayson! You have been in the presence of the gods."

"Yiayia, what are you talking about?" Could it truly be possible?

"I can see it Kayson. Who was it, who was your visitor?"

"Psyche on a visit on behalf of Eros. I told her I was just fine." He quickly thrust out his hands to catch his grandmother when she swooned.

"Kayson, are you telling me you turned your back on an offering from the gods? Oh, we must ask for forgiveness." She regained her footing and grabbed his hand with more strength than should be possible for a ninety-year-old woman. She led him to her small room which held miniature statues of many of the gods in the Greek pantheon. She gently placed her knees on a pillow and pulled him down beside her almost causing him to fall. She turned to him. "Apologize now!"

ΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦΦ

Grigori stared out of the window in his office. His closely cropped red hair was like a crown bringing out the unusual blue of his eyes. He had created a very profitable business, creating apps and websites, but he had not found a way to give back to the community as he would like to. His hands rested in his pockets as a beautiful woman with flaxen hair materialized to the right of him. His eyes slipped down her visage. He descended to his knees. "Goddess Psyche, to what do I owe the honor of your visit?"

Psyche smiled. "Grigori. I do love my visits with you. Your heart is open," She said as she stalked around him. "Eros is looking for someone to bless with true love."

"I am not worthy of such a precious gift."

"Rise Grigori." He stood and beheld her. "I am always amazed by your extraordinary aqua eyes." Her hand caressed his face. "I will urge Eros to give you this boon. What do you wish Dear One?"

"I would love to find a charity that I could give my heart to."

"Done." A smile grew on her face.

ΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣ

Eros leaned against the pool, a half smile on his face. When Psyche appeared, he stood and swept her off her feet. "You are a devious little goddess aren't you?"

"Kayson said no to my gift. . ."

"Yes but then he made amends. You have always favored Grigori."

"His family never abandoned the old ways. I want to bless him."

"So why didn't you go to him first?" Eros prodded.

"I wasn't sure I wanted his heart involved with another."

"If I shoot him, his entire heart will belong to Vaughn. Are you sure that is what you want?"

"I will get all three to one place and you work your magic." She said walking away from him, failing to answer his question concerning Grigori.

ΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔΔ

Psyche sat at the park watching her fresh-faced prey as she finished with a little girl. They sat in the cool grass, cross-legged eyes closed. Psyche could see their chests move with every inhale. They were so peaceful. The pair stood smiling at each other and Vaughn took the little one into her arms for a firm hug. Psyche waited for the child to leave before approaching Vaughn.

"Good afternoon my little disbeliever."

Vaughn turned toward the melodic voice. "Well if it isn't the goddess Psyche." Vaughn smiled.

"I come bearing gifts." Psyche explained, with a haughty look.

"Are you going to go poof and make my one true love appear?" Vaughn lifted an eyebrow.

"You are such a little insolent..." Psyche took a deep breath. This was for her beloved, the creator of love. "Here." She presented Vaughn with an envelope.

Vaughn took it hesitantly. She peeked inside and gasped. "A ticket to the Children's Charity Gala?"

"Now you can rub shoulders with the people who have the means to fund your dream."

"This is tonight!"

"Don't worry, little impetuous one, I have it all covered."

ΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘΘ

Kayson looked around at the finely dressed people filling the room. He received a envelope from Psyche that afternoon. He guessed that meant all was forgiven. At least he hoped all was forgiven. He wandered through the room mixing and mingling. He saw many people he had business dealings with on a regular basis. His IT business had flourished in the last five years making him obscenely wealthy almost overnight. He was seriously looking for a worthy cause to invest his money. He felt a burning in his chest and then his eyes fell upon a beautiful creamy coffee colored woman. She took his breath away. He hurried through the crowd to reach her.

ΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩΩ

Grigori shook hands with many different people asking about the charities close to their hearts. He was in heaven. He went from not knowing where to put his time, talent and money to having many different choices. He began moving toward another group of people when he grasped his chest. He grimaced right before his eyes caught a vision in teal. Her smile absolutely lit up the room. She stood at the entryway alone, a clutch in her hands. He moved swiftly toward her.

ΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣΣ

Vaughn looked around in awe at the beautifully decorated room. Her eyes fell on CEO after CEO of major corporations. She was really hoping to find someone to fund a wellness center here in the city and a camp a few hours away on a beautiful plot of land she had her eye on. She had driven by the week before just to make sure it was still for sale. She took a deep breath, her eyes sparkling with expectation. Her sight was blocked by two of the most handsome men she had ever laid eyes on.

"Hello," They said in unison. Vaughn gawked at the men standing in front of her. One of them had the silkiest ebony hair and seafoam green eyes. His features were chiseled and covered in a well groomed, light beard and mustache. The other had striking blue-green eyes and curly red hair. His features, manly yet soft. He was clean shaven and had a smile that made her heart race. She looked around them, her eyes scanning the room for Psyche. She found her with her arm in the crook of the elbow of a man Vaughn assumed was Eros. Eros?

"Lord, now I'm starting to believe in myths and legends." The men gave her a puzzled look. "I'm sorry," she smiled, "Hello."

The ebony haired man stepped slightly in front of the redhead. "Kayson." He reached out and kissed her hand. He was hesitant to let it go.

"Vaughn," She said with a slight blush.

The redhead cleared his throat diverting her attention from Kayson to his aqua eyes. He gave a sexy half smile. "Grigori, and please say that you will join me at my table tonight."

"Uh. . ." Vaughn struggled with the tingles in her hand left by Kayson's kiss and the shivers caused by the timbre of Grigori's voice.

"Vaughn, sit with me, my table is at the very front. You will not miss anything." Kayson interjected.

"I don't care where I sit, as long as it is next to you," Grigori told her, his rumbly voice sending chills down her spine.

"I don't know what to say."

"Tell Grigori, thanks but no thanks since technically you met me first." Kayson teased with his boyish smile. It was infectious. What was a girl to do?

"Actually, I really want to spend the time mixing and mingling. I am looking for people to help me with a vision I have for children in foster care."

"I can help!" The men answer simultaneously.

A puff of air escapes her lips and causes her bangs to flutter. "I actually see someone I know. I should probably go say hello. We'll speak later."

"Of course," Kayson said with a smile.

Grigori removed a card from the inside pocket of his suit. "I hope to speak with you tonight, but in case we are unable to, here is how to reach me. Do you by chance have a card?"

Vaughn reached into her clutch and gave him her business card. He touched her hand as she passed it to him and a thrill shot through her body. She let out an involuntary sigh. Kayson glowered. "Do you perhaps have one for me as well?"

Vaughn handed him a card. He smiled causing her heart to flutter. "If you will excuse me," She pulled away from the men but she could feel them watch her walk away. Psyche smiled broadly as Vaughn approached. "Was that your doing?"

"Vaughn, meet the Greek god of love, Eros." Vaughn regarded his beautiful features and his golden hair. They made a striking pair.

"So this is real. I'm not dreaming. You are not just some crazy lady trying to cause a chaos in my life."

"Well. . ." Psyche allowed her word to linger.

"Eros, did you shoot both men with an arrow?" He nods. "Are you going to shoot me with an arrow?"

"No, my cappuccino beauty, I am leaving you with a choice in this matter. You will have to choose one of the men by Valentine's Day. That day is the last vestige of worship to me left in this world. What better way to celebrate than with the sacrifice of a heart previously broken now made whole. The man must win your love both spiritually and carnally."

Vaughn's eyes widened. "Are you saying that I have to have sex with both of them before I make my choice?" Vaughn's big doe eyes scan the room finding each man easily. They were watching her.

Glee graced Eros' face. "Absolutely! But I must caution you. If you do not make a choice, each man will become increasingly obsessed with you causing their very lives to crumble. Remember these are two good men who are open to funding the very thing that is near and dear to your heart. Their obsession will consume your life and you all will be in a living Hades!"