Vengeance of the Gods Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After they left, Chidebem lay on his bed, thinking. Sleep was, of course, out of the question.

It dawned on him now that the people he was so determined to fight would also fight back. That was a prospect he had not considered until now. He also knew that not all that slithers through the water is fish. Some are snakes-dust-green snakes in dirty-green colored water. Those traitor constabulary recruits must be fished out and dealt with. They must not be allowed to camouflage their evil deeds with that honorable blue uniform.

It was four days since his brother came with those men from Oba and Nnewi, and he was supposed to go home in three days time to await their visit the next day. It was three days in which to decide whether to go home or not. Three days in which to make a choice that could decide and shape his future, if there would be any after that.

As all these went through his mind, Augustine's last words kept echoing through his thoughts: 'you had better look the other way if you see slave-hunters, unless they've captured your kinsperson'.

Will he heed that advice or not? Only time will tell.

*****

Thanks for reading, please do vote.

12