VESPER Ch. 03

Story Info
Vesper does a job and learns some interesting skills.
4.2k words
4.46
7.7k
2

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 09/06/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That night when Vesper went out to buy cigarettes, Nicole One was waiting outside the apartment door.

Vesper almost didn't recognize her with clothes on. She didn't even have the ribbon in her hair.

"Evening," she said, starting to walk. Nicole fell into step.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"None of your business."

"Mr Blight wants to make sure you stay safe."

"So you're my bodyguard now?"

"Something like that."

"Right." Vesper shook her head and punched the button for the elevator. "So what's my curfew?"

"We'd prefer you didn't go out at all."

"I'm not going out clubbing, Nicole or whatever your name is. I just want a goddamn cigarette."

"We heard about Hong's sister."

"Kim?" Vesper raised an eyebrow and stepped into the elevator. Nicole was right behind her. "You must have some pretty good spies."

"It wasn't hard to figure out. Are you going to try rescuing her?"

"I'm thinking about it."

"You know what Mr Blight would recommend."

"Yes, I know what Mr Blight would recommend." Vesper groaned. "Is this going to be a problem? Do I get to choose my own cigarettes, or does he have a preferred brand?"

"He gets expensive imports. You can have some if you like."

"I like the cheap ones."

"I thought you might."

Vesper said nothing. They stepped out of the elevator. "Are we done being sarcastic?" Nicole asked. "Can we talk about the Kim thing?"

"There's nothing to say."

"Mr Blight would just like to make his position clear. How you choose to respond is your business."

"Fine. Talk away." They were on the sidewalk now, passing under streetlights, Vesper's hands jammed into her pockets. The streets were quiet. The stars were coming out. She glanced over her shoulder, wondering if one of Blight's bodyguards would be looming behind her in the street. There was nobody.

"According to Mr Blight, Mark Carter and his associates are not important," said Nicole. "They're outside the faction wars. What happens to them is not his concern. His concern is for you. Your safety. He considers you an asset."

"How kind." They stepped into the corner store.

"Two packs, Marlboro Lights," said Vesper, holding up two fingers. The guy behind the counter turned around and fumbled with the case.

"Remember that Carter is still a powerful man," said Nicole. "He has means of defending himself. Mr Blight is concerned that, without his help and oversight, you might fail. To him, the risk is not worth the reward."

Vesper shoved a bill across the counter and took her cigarettes. "That's a very reasonable approach. I'm surprised."

"Mr Blight is a very reasonable man. You shouldn't be."

"So what if I get Kim back and every goes hunky-dory?"

"Mr Blight will be very impressed."

"Right. Well, thanks for the talk, Nicole. You want to come back to Hong's place, maybe get some tea?"

"No thank you."

"Didn't think so. I'll see you later."

"Then are you going to go after Kim?"

"I told you. I'm thinking about it."

"Fine." Nicole smiled politely. "In that case, are you going to light up?"

"Help yourself," said Vesper, holding out the pack. "I don't smoke."

"Are these for someone else?"

"You could say that."

*

Mark Carter was home late the next night. He parked his limited-edition Mercedes in the driveway, hopped out and nodded to the security goon smoking on the front porch. "Evening, Arthur," he said. Arthur grunted in reply. Mark keyed open the front door and stepped inside. He noted Madeleine's black high heels near the shoe rack. She just couldn't seem stay away these days.

He checked in the living room. Sure enough, there she was, in grey sweat pants and her bra, watching football on the massive television. She glanced up as he came in.

"Evening," he said. Then he noticed she'd been crying. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." She muted the television, but didn't get up. "You're back late tonight."

"Sorry. Business." He sat down next to her and took a cigarette from the half-empty pack on the table. "What brings you over?"

"I can't stand the apartment anymore. It's just so empty."

"Yeah." Suddenly Mark didn't know what to say. "I guess it would be."

"Are we doing the right thing?" Madeleine leaned against his shoulder. "I mean, I want the truth as much as you do. But do you ever feel like we're being too . . . brutal?"

He brushed her hair. "You can't be too brutal with people like this, Madeleine. They deserve everything they've got coming."

"I just wonder sometimes."

"Well, stop," he said harshly. "You need to stop wondering about things. These people have proved they're willing to cross the line. The only way to stop them is if we cross it too. We need to teach them a lesson they'll always remember."

"Yeah. I guess you're right."

"Of course I'm right."

He puffed contemplatively on his cigarette.

"Still no word from Hong," he said. "I wonder if we need to send him more material."

"Not tonight." She leaned over and put her face on his lap. "I can't do it tonight."

She kissed the crotch of his pants. He glanced down and casually unhooked her bra, still holding the cigarette to his lips.

"If you want," he said. "We can wait one more night."

She slid down on the floor between his legs, kissing over and over again. He slouched down and looked over at the television. It was advertising a new brand of baked beans. Reflected on the screen he could see someone standing in the kitchen.

"Dave," he called. "Dave, get the fuck out. I'm busy in here."

The figure didn't move. He rolled his eyes. Madeleine had pulled off her sweats and was unzipping his dress pants. "Dave!" he snarled. "What the fuck do you think you're doing, you crazy pervert?"

The reflection of Dave slumped slowly down to the floor. Mark stood up.

"What is it?" said Madeleine, her tongue already running across his balls.

"Something funny's going on," said Mark, stepping away and zipping up his pants. "Get Arthur in here. I think something's wrong with Dave."

He stepped into the kitchen. The light over the oven was on. Dave was lying on the floor, a small knife still jammed in his throat. There was a lot of blood everywhere. Someone had burned a V into his forehead with a cigarette. Maybe the one that was still stuck between his teeth.

"Shit," said Mark, wheeling around. "Where the fuck is Arthur?"

Madeleine screamed. He sprinted to the front door. She was standing on the porch in her panties, hands over her mouth, shaking. Arthur was lying on the porch in a pool of blood. There were two lit cigarettes on his back, lying in the shape of a V. This was not good.

"I'm calling the police," he said, groping for his phone. He'd left it on the living room table. "Shit. Madeleine, get some fucking clothes on and calm down."

"I'm not going back in there!"

"Kim," he said suddenly. "We can't call the police. I'm calling Bell. Get your fucking clothes on and get in the car. We're getting out of here."

"Oh my God!"

"Calm down! We're going to be fine."

He stormed back into the living room. His phone was still sitting on the table. He snatched it up and started dialling.

The knife came in slowly, from behind, jammed into his abdomen. He looked down in shock at the blood.

Vesper gave him a gentle shove. He toppled onto the couch.

"Don't die yet, Dad," she said quietly. "I want to say goodbye."

He twisted around, trying to look at her face. She sat down on the arm of the couch.

"I remember sitting here when I was fourteen," she said. "I remember coming in and sitting here while you were watching TV. I wanted to ask you for money."

He grunted and felt for his phone. It had fallen on the floor. His head felt strangely light.

"You always gave me everything I wanted," she said. "Why did that never make me happy? Why did I run away and join the circus, of all the fucking stupid things to do? For seventeen years I lived a life of luxury, and I ran away to live in a grimy tent with a bunch of freaks. Now I'm sleeping on someone's couch and eating instant noodles for supper. Maybe you were right all along."

She spun the bloody knife slowly between two fingers.

"I'm rambling," she said. "I've never killed anyone slowly before. It's always quick, pragmatic. Even Adam. Even my own goddamn brother. But I hated Adam. No matter what you did, I guess I never really hated you. Maybe I should have. But I never did."

She got up and pulled a cigarette out of her pocket.

"Sorry, Dad," she said.

Madeleine stumbled in moments later, rubbing her arms and shivering. Mark was leaning up against the window, a cigarette still drooping from his lip. There was a V slashed into his forehead.

She couldn't even think of calling the police. She screamed and fainted.

She woke up a moment later and saw Vesper looking down at her. Kim was standing nearby, wrapped in a blanket and shivering.

"I should probably kill you too," said Vesper, "but it just seems bloodthirsty."

Madeleine couldn't find the breath to scream.

"Cigarette?" said Vesper, and pressed the burning end into Madeleine's cheek. The scream got out, loud and clear.

"Probably time to leave the neighbourhood," said Vesper, taking Kim's arm.

She got up late the next morning. Colleen and Kim were sitting at the table. Kim was wrapped in a bathrobe, her head leaning on Colleen's shoulder, looking hollow.

Vesper opened the fridge and took out a can of beer.

"Where's Hong?" she asked.

"Went out," said Colleen softly. "He's pretty messed up."

"Yeah."

Vesper went up to the window and opened the can. There was a black van parked in the street below. Nicole One was leaning up against it and watching the window.

"I think I'm gonna go out for a while too," she said. "Tell Hong not to wait up for me."

She pulled on a pair of jeans and a sweater, stuffed her wallet in her pocket, pulled on her sneakers and a jacket.

As she opened the front door Colleen said, "Thank you, Vesper."

"You're welcome," said Vesper, stepping out into the hall.

*

"Nice work last night," said Nicole. "Hop in. Mr Blight wants a face-to-face."

"As he should." Vesper climbed into the van. They peeled away.

"Can I ask you a question?" said Nicole.

"If you must."

"Why did you start working for Hong?"

Vesper shrugged.

"He wanted to kill my brother. So did I."

"Really? You wanted to kill Adam before you met Hong?"

"I've wanted to kill Adam since I was twelve years old," said Vesper. "It's a long story."

"Tell it to me someday."

"I don't think so."

"You might not like me now," said Nicole, "but we're going to be like sisters one day. Just wait."

"And you'll call me Nicole Eight."

"It would be Nicole Ten, actually."

"Jesus."

They said nothing until they reached the lonely mansion. Nicole led her around to the side door.

"When do I get to go in the front door?" said Vesper.

"The front door is only for Mr Blight and his business partners," said Nicole.

"So, never."

"Something like that." They stepped into the bathroom. Nicole started stripping off her clothes. Vesper waited.

"You too," said Nicole.

"What, not this again?" said Vesper. "I thought I was a valuable employee now."

"You are. This is just the rule."

"Well, it's a stupid rule."

"If you work for Mr Blight, you have to obey the rules." Nicole picked up a ribbon. She'd never taken off the dog collar, Vesper realized.

"Fine," she said, and got naked, carefully folding up her clothes and putting on the counter. "But I'm putting these back on before I leave."

"Fair enough."

Finally she had the collar on and Nicole was leading her back to the ballroom.

Mr Blight was standing at the massive window this time, admiring the well-trimmed garden on the other side, drinking from a glass. A Nicole was standing next to him with a bottle of wine.

"Ah, Vesper!" he said, turning around and nodding. "What a pleasure. You didn't take my advice last night, and did beautifully nonetheless."

"Of course." Vesper put a hand on her hip. "Is that Chardonnay?"

"Want some?" He gestured. The girl poured another glass and brought it to Vesper.

"Thanks," said Vesper, sipping. "So when do I graduate to clothes?"

Mr Blight laughed. "So fixated," he said. "Actually, I have a job for you. Perhaps not the kind you're expecting."

"Go on."

"It's contract work," he said. "For a friend of mine. His name is Mr Winston Waters. Part of my organization, you understand. I'll be meeting him, along with a number of other associates, at his estate in the country tomorrow afternoon. You will accompany me to the estate to meet Mr Waters, and he will give you the details of what you are to do. Your remuneration will be substantial -- Nicole will give you the details. You will spend today learning how to interact appropriately with the society you are about to be introduced to. Tonight you will stay here, and we will set out in the morning. Although I will not be directly involved in your work, I will be carefully monitoring your performance. The results will inform the caliber of work you will subsequently receive. Understood?"

"Hong will freak out if I don't come home tonight," said Vesper.

"I've made arrangements. You have nothing to fear."

"Okay, then," said Vesper. "What do I need to learn?"

"Nicole will assist you."

Nicole One tapped her on the shoulder and led her out of the room.

"So I'm already getting invited to parties," said Vesper. "What does this training involve?"

"You might not like it," said Nicole. "These meetings work in a very particular way. You'll probably think it's strange. So did I, the first few times."

"What do you mean?" said Vesper suspiciously.

Nicole led her into a carpeted room with a low wooden table in the centre.

"This is Nicole Six," she said, indicating a petite redhead, who smiled sweetly at Vesper. "She'll be training you. I have to go now, but I'll check in later."

Nicole One slid out. Nicole Six nodded.

"Vesper, isn't it?" she said. "I've heard about you. Are you ready to learn?"

"I'm not sure."

Someone grabbed her wrists from behind and handcuffed them together. Vesper twisted.

"Calm down," said the girl behind her, calmly. "I'm going to help training you."

"You just cuffed my fucking hands together," said Vesper.

"That's right."

"What number are you?"

"Nicole Four," said the girl. "Please just stay calm and do as we tell you. It'll make everything go a lot more smoothly."

Nicole Six was searching for something in a cupboard. "This is probably about your size," she said, pulling out a large rubber bit gag.

"Christ," said Vesper. "What kind of party is this?"

Six stuck the gag in her mouth. Four strapped it in place. Vesper let out a muffled curse through the gag.

Nicole Four took her arm and drew her forward, with surprising strength, then took her by the collar and forced her to bend over across the table. Vesper propped her chin against the table and stared at the wall. Her heart was pounding a little faster in her chest. She had not been expecting this. She felt uncomfortably helpless.

A moment later she felt a cold hand rubbing lube on her ass. "Mmgg!" she said, kicking backward. The hand slapped her butt.

"Keep still," said Nicole Four. "I'm trying to make this as pleasant as possible for you."

"Mmmmgg!"

Nicole Six produced a large briefcase and set it on the table in front of Vesper. Vesper's eyes widened. The case was full of butt plugs of various sizes, all with blonde horsehair tails attached. The precise colour of her hair.

"What the fuck is this!" she tried to say, but the hefty chunk of rubber jammed in her mouth made it sound more like a series of caveman grunts. Her jaw was already getting sore.

Six ran her hand across the plugs and selected one that Vesper decided was far, far too large. Six went around behind her. Four had apparently finished lubing her up and was resting a hand on her back. Vesper felt the cold tip of the rubber plug touch her ass. She jerked sideways and rolled off the table onto the floor. Nicole Six stumbled back. Vesper kicked her in the belly button and tried to stand up. Nicole Four jumped on top of her and pinned her down.

"Unacceptable," she said firmly. "I'm sorry, Vesper, but this is going to require some discipline."

Nicole Six came over with a set of four leather bracelets, each with a lock attached. "Time for these, I think," she said.

Four attached two of the bracelets to Vesper's wrists, still pinning her down. She pulled off the now-redundant handcuffs and handed them to Six. She attached the other two to Vesper's ankles. Then she hauled Vesper to her feet and leaned her across the table again. Six was attaching two chains to the far table leg. The cuffs of Vesper's hands were each latched to a chain, her arms spread out in front of her across the table. Her ankles were each locked directly to a table leg, forcing her to spread them out. She was rendered completely unable to move. All she could do was writhe, helplessly, and grunt.

And then the butt plug again. Six pushed it in slowly, gently, and tears came to Vesper's eyes as it gradually widened, larger and larger, until with a final shove it was all the way in. She felt the tail brush her legs. "Mmmgh," she gasped.

"Right," said Nicole Four. "Now, since you were so determined to cause trouble, we're going to have to drag this out a little. I don't like to do it, but you've forced my hand, Vesper."

She walked up to a rack on the wall and selected a narrow birch cane.

"The rule is ten lashes," said Four. "Then I'm going to let you think for a little about what you've done, and then if you're ready, we can move on to the next lesson."

She ran the cane along Vesper's naked back. "Here we go," she said. "One."

She lashed Vesper across the buttocks. Vesper had been ready for it, breathing slowly, relaxing her muscles. The pain hit like a million bee stings. She bit into the gag and tried not to scream.

"Two."

The second one was worse.

"Three. Four. Five. Six."

Tears streamed down her face. She hadn't made a sound yet. She was determined not to make a sound.

"Seven. Eight. Nine. And ten."

She brought the last one down twice as hard as the rest, and Vesper couldn't help but let out a tiny shriek of agony.

Four walked around in front of her.

"Okay," she said. "Now, are we ready to continue the lesson?"

She dabbed the tears off Vesper's face with a silk handkerchief.

"Go fuck yourself," Vesper said. The gag muffled her words, but the meaning got through clearly enough.

"Fine," said Four. "Ten more, then."

"Mmmggn! Nnnn!"

The next ten lashes seemed to last for an eternity. By the last one Vesper was letting out choking sobs of agony with every blow.

"More," said Four, "or have we learned our lesson yet?"

"Nnnn!"

"No, we haven't learned our lesson?"

"Lrn! Lrn!"

"No more?"

"Nnnn mrr!"

"Say it politely."

"Plllss!"

"Good girl." Four put the whip away. "Now we're going to go for a walk. Six, let her up."

Six unchained Vesper from the table and locked her hands behind her back. Vesper stood there, eyes streaming with pain and humiliation, as Four attached a red leash to Vesper's collar. When this was over every single one of these people was going to die.

"Come along now," said Nicole Four, tugging the leash. Vesper stumbled after her. She was led down the hallway and out into the garden.

It was nearly noon, a clear sunny day, but the air was crisp and cold on Vesper's naked skin. They were in Mr Blight's garden, a lush playground of perfectly trimmed bushes and tasteful statuary. Nicole Four walked her on the leash down a stone-cobbled path and around in circles a few times.

"The proper way to walk," she said, "is with your head up, at attention. Try to match my strides and stay an equal distance away from me at all times. If I tug the leash, like this, it means I want you to come closer. If I want you further away, I'll let it slacken, like this, and then tighten it at the appropriate distance. You want the leash to be like this all the time -- not too tight, not hanging slack. We're going to do a few more circuits. Try to keep up."

12