Vice Cop Ch. 05

Story Info
Hudson goes undercover in The Hamptons.
13k words
4.55
20.9k
7

Part 5 of the 13 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 09/04/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

* Previously on Vice Cop, Lexa O'Neil went undercover as a hooker in Atlantic City in hopes of catching a serial killer. Hudson Banach went to Atlantic City as well to enjoy a brief vacation and ran into an old girlfriend from high school, Sonya Romandini, who had become an escort/high class hooker. Hudson beat Lexa at a game of poker in the casino. Lexa was almost killed by the serial killer when Detective Mason Holmes rescued her. Sonya left for Las Vegas and Hudson returned to New York City in disappointment. The time is the mid-1980's. The place, New York.

This chapter like many chapter "episodes" on Vice Cop is full of plot and storyline action. If you like that, treat yourself to these scenes. If you like to read the sex parts only, read scene "SIX" for a threesome sex scene between Hudson, a spoiled rich girl and an Asian hooker during a wild costume party in The Hamptons.

*

ONE

Hudson looked at his silver Rolex watch. It was eleven thirty p.m. and it was very dark in the city. New York City never slept which meant that for a cop on the beat, the night was long and full of a series of never-ending arrests. Hudson had answered a disturbance call in Central Park where supposedly a man known as the "jogger rapist" had been spotted. He was an unidentified middle-aged Caucasian male who had attacked women who jogged in Central Park after dark.

Hudson was glad they assigned him to work Central Park. If it was one thing he hated it was men who attacked defenseless women and he could hardly wait to put the cuffs on this wicked waste of a man.

He was in full uniform, one of two (the other was at the Cleaners) and one that looked a lot better on him -- tight-fitting, showcasing his hard body and giving him a powerful authority look. These were brand new uniforms the Chief had provided for the squad after complaints were made that the old ones were no longer good. As worn as the old uniform was, Hudson had kept it as a souvenir and reminder of his first years as a cop. He had been twenty one then, and now he had grown older and was approaching twenty nine.

Through the years, he had done his best to move up the ranks to undercover "vice cop" and bounty hunter, but so far, he had accomplished very little to earn that position. He had figured that arresting the Columbian drug lord, Leo Mendoza, aka The Red Devil, was his ticket to vice cop glory. But Leo had escaped, first to Miami and then to Columbia, along with his wicked Russian wife Marina Brazilova. All that had been a few years ago. He sighed. He had been on his feet all day and had worked the day shift. Having time on his hands, having no kids and no wife or girlfriend to speak of, he committed himself to full time work as a cop day or night, answering duty's call in the hopes of promotion in the NYPD.

The lights of the park were dim and it was relatively quiet. He was patrolling the middle region of the park, by the Carousel at 64th street. The Carousel stood motionless and looked dreary in the shadows. A few young teens were up and about, skateboarding and loitering.

Though Hudson knew that he could very well arrest these adolescents for loitering when they should be home on a school night, he thought he'd give them a break and besides, his mind was on getting the rapist that was lurking somewhere in the vast park.

As he reached Cherry Hill, he noticed a young woman jogging alone and heading to a secluded spot where there were a few benches. Thinking fast, he ran after the girl in order to warn her about the attacker. He couldn't see who she was clearly and could only see her backside but it was obvious she was a pretty girl with a sexy and athletic physique. Poor thing, he thought, the perfect victim for that god-damned rapist. He caught up to her and put a hand on her shoulder, getting her attention.

"Excuse me, Miss," he said to her, in a mixture of his Italian gentleman demeanor and his concerned cop voice, "it's not a good time to be jogging and I must warn you about a rapist who has been spotted in this park."

She turned around to face him. Hudson nearly opened his mouth in surprise. It was Lexa. She was out of uniform and in a jogging suit and drops of sweat flowed from her brow. She smiled at him and nearly laughed at him.

"I know that," she said to him, "don't you think I know that?"

"Then what the hell are you thinking, Lexie? You don't think you're vulnerable to an attack just because you're a cop?" Hudson reprimanded her," you're also a woman, you know that right?"

Lexa furrowed her eyebrow angrily. The sexist bastard, she thought. Did he think that by donning a cop uniform she somehow became a man?

"I'm not going to argue with you, Hudson Banach and I'm not really jogging you dolt. I'm undercover."

"What? Again? Doesn't this make two undercover jobs in a month? You were undercover in Atlantic City only a few weeks ago. So let me get this straight. You're pretending to be a civilian and you put on this jogging outfit in hopes of attracting the rapist. Are you working alone?"

"I never work alone. I've got a holster gun attached to my pocket under my jacket. Detective Mason Holmes and some cops are always with me. I have my communication device with me and my badge. It's a way to catch the rapist."

"Detective Mason again? He's been working with you ever since you were in Atlantic City."

"Yeah, so? What's the problem? What have you got against Mason?"

"Oh, it's not that I have something against the guy. I just think that it's pretty odd that he's working with you when he could be working on other cases."

Lexa was quiet and surveyed Hudson's face. Hudson had picked up on something that she herself had recently felt. Detective Mason had developed feelings for her and he had deliberately arranged it so that he would be working with her on every undercover operation she was assigned to.

"Jealous are you, Banach? Jealous that you aren't a respected and highly paid detective like him or you want to do undercover work with me, is that it?"

"Lexa, don't flatter yourself. I wouldn't want to do any kind of work with you. You're too difficult."

"Oh, I am, am I? You recognize "difficulty" in others but not in yourself? You don't know what they say about you in the squad do you?"

"I don't care to listen to gossip," he said," but, uh, what do they say exactly?"

"That you're a renegade cop. You only do things your way and don't listen to others. You're arrogant, stubborn, and hard-headed not to mention you're always looking to get ahead of everyone. You're so smug. You're the one that's truly difficult."

"I'll ignore that. Besides, everyone knows I get along great with the Chief. We're buddies. So, if you're not working alone, I guess I can go. I had no idea you were already on this case."

"You don't have to leave on account of me. Weren't you just on the beat?"

"Yeah. Don't call attention to the fact I'm doing that and you're doing something else. You sound like the arrogant one now."

"Oh, shut up. I don't like running into you. All we end up doing is arguing. Are you staying? I don't think you ought to go. We can always use another cop."

"Fine."

They noticed that the young kids had begun to leave, leaving most of the section of the park empty. A silence fell over the park and the distinct chirping of crickets could be heard in the night air. From afar, they could hear a few lingering voices and footsteps. Lexa continued jogging and Hudson followed her, jogging with her in a mocking way as if to be funny. Lexa did not find it amusing and ignored him, turning her face into the opposite direction. They went down a gravel pathway that curved and winded around like a snake, past groves of trees.

"What if we do see the rapist? Who's going to make the arrest? Isn't that going to be a bit of a problem?"

"Oh, that's ridiculous. It doesn't matter who does it, although I think I should do it. I'm the one who's working undercover, not you. This isn't a game though."

"You're mad at me. This is because I beat you at poker in Atlantic City isn't it?"

"For God's sakes, shut up. It's got nothing to do with that. Look, if you can make the arrest, go ahead. I don't care. That monster has to be caught by someone, anyone, even if it's a rookie patrol officer."

Hudson was going to ask if she meant him, and defend himself by saying he was now a deputy but then a scream broke the silence. It was a young woman's scream; high-pitched and frightened, followed by the sound of a man's fist punching her. Hudson and Lexa took instant action. They ran into the direction of the sound as swiftly as their feet could carry them. They were panting and the thrill that always came with making these kinds of arrests filled them completely. Lexa took out her communication device while Hudson took out his gun.

"I need officers right here right now. I'm with Deputy Banach and we've just heard screams coming from Cleopatra's Needle at East Side Drive and 81st Street. I repeat. Screams have been heard and we believe it's the rapist harming a victim."

Hudson aimed his gun at the figure of a man who towered over a woman on the ground, cowering in fear, and holding on to her purse. Part of her skirt was already torn. The man turned around to face them and froze. In the dim lights, his face was barely visible but he was white and thin and fit the profile of the guy they had been looking for. Lexa turned off her communication device and retrieved her own gun. While Hudson's gun was bigger (he liked big guns and only carried big guns), Lexa's was daintier and decidedly a "lady's gun" but it was very sleek and powerful looking nonetheless, especially because she knew just how to use it.

"Freeze, scumbag," Hudson shouted at the top of his lungs, "don't move. Don't move a muscle or I'll shoot."

The man retrieved a gun and aimed it at Hudson. They locked eyes and their faces were tense with a violent sort of air. The woman on the ground was weeping openly and she covered her breasts with her hands. The man had punched her and had torn her top to reveal her breast. She was shivering as if she was cold.

"Put the gun down. Put it down," Hudson demanded, "look, pal. Don't make this any worse. I will shoot you, by God I will shoot you if you even think of firing that gun at me or my partner."

Lexa looked at him, as if she hadn't expected him to say something like that. She turned behind to see if back-up was coming. So far, she saw nothing. The man looming over the woman suddenly took off and ran. In the clarity of the park lights, Hudson could see that he looked frightened, even though he was holding a handgun and a good one at that. Hudson saw that it was a 9mm Jericho. The bastard was light on his feet and he was already quite a ways ahead of him.

The chase was on.

Because the park was virtually deserted, it was easy for Hudson to keep his eye and track the guy running through the park. But because he was swift, and it was dark, he knew that there would be moments where he could possibly lose him. The park had always been big, as long as he could remember, and once as a boy he had gotten lost here.

He panted as he ran after him, not losing sight of him. He wasn't about to let this monster go. He needed to be cuffed and sent to the penitentiary for his multiple rapes. Hudson was glad he was physically fit and strong and the chase did not wear him down. He knew that some of the other officers were overweight. Years of doing patrol work that was slow and uneventful resulted in these officers gaining weight and it didn't help that they didn't go to the gym. Hudson considered himself to be the hottest and strongest guy on the force with the exception of the equally fit Lexa O'Neil.

Down the gravel paths he went, catching up to the guy as he crossed the mid-park section and was heading toward the recently restored Trefoil Arch. As they crossed under the bridge, the man began to fire his gun at Hudson.

"Son of a bitch," cried Hudson, dodging the bullet.

This was the part of his job he disliked the most. Sure, it offered thrills and danger and he was constantly seeking that but he was only mortal. Hudson fired another shot from his revolver. The shot missed and the guy ran even faster, as if hoping to finally elude Hudson. They hurried down the long path and soon they were engaged in a duel of guns, firing at one another mercilessly. Hudson cursed and managed to dodge his bullets but he was beginning to think it was humanly impossible to continue to do so. One shot grazed his shoulder and one shot went directly past his neck.

"I'm in pursuit of the armed rapist, he's firing at me," he said into his device," Lexa, any sign of other officers?"

"Where are you? Detective Mason Holmes and the other deputies are already here," came Lexa's voice on the other end.

"I'm between 73rd and 74th Street. Come on, I need men here now. This guy is nuts."

In a sudden rage, thinking that this armed son of a bitch was going to get away and that it would be a longer time before he was caught, which would mean he would rape other women, Hudson felt a surge of strength fill his body and just as they had passed the bridge and he was heading to a part of the park where he could easily escape, Hudson leapt into the air and got on top of him.

The man struggled under his weight, trying to free himself, cursing but Hudson pinned him down and immediately seized his gun and cuffed him. As he looked at his own arm, he saw that there were specs of blood. The guy himself was bleeding a bit.

Detective Mason, Lea and a team of officers arrived at the scene. They were in the middle of a path and Hudson had the guy in cuffs, his body still on the ground With the Detective and the others was the woman the attacker had almost violated.

"You see, it's all over now, you piece of shit," Hudson cried, "I hope you get raped in jail for a change."

The man cursed silently. Lexa ran toward him and snatched his gun. Then she hurled it to one of the officers. She approached the scared woman while Hudson and the other cops took him away, walking away from the park.

"Good work, Miss O'Neil!" Mason said, ignoring the fact that Hudson had done all the work, but she figured he was referring to her undercover work.

"Miss, are you alright?" Lexa said to the lady," he didn't really hurt you or did he?"

"He punched me and I fell down," she said, "then he tore my top and skirt. If you hadn't come when you did --"

"It's alright. It's all over. You're safe but we will need you to come down to headquarters with us."

"Will....will he be there?" she said, referring to the assailant.

"We need you to properly identify him as the man who did this to you. He will be in jail, ma'am and Central Park will be safe for you again."

"God bless you, officer."...........

TWO

Detective Mason Holmes was fifty years old and single.

His marriage to a pretty and demure elementary school teacher ended tragically when she was killed by a Mafioso with a vendetta against Mason for helping in the arrest of his superior "crime boss". That was all water under the bridge but he longed to fall in love all over again and perhaps re-marry. He was thinking of Lexa O'Neil. Her delicious body was just one of her assets. She was strong of spirit and body, courageous and good-hearted. She was intelligent and classy and she filled him with a joy he had not experienced since his previous marriage.

Knowing that she was single, he found it easy to love her and he was glad she wasn't involved in any relationship or marriage. But she was also very aloof and she didn't seem to care for any particular man. He had once wondered if Lexa was a lesbian, as many officers and deputies in her squad had suspected. There was no evidence to prove this but her lack of interest in men sparked rumors. Mason wanted to ask her out but had not found an opportune moment to do so. The mysterious, alluring quality she possessed drove him wild.

One morning at the station, Lexa was conversing with the African-American Lieutenant Isaiah Dante over coffee right by the Chief's office. Lieutenant Dante was one of about four black cops in the force, and he had risen to this high position after years of civil service. He commanded a squad of many cops, all male, except for Lexa, but only when Chief Barry Hiller was unable to perform his duties as police chief.

Because Lexa was the only female on the force, and attractive, she was the center of male attention and every guy on the force had flirted with her and asked her out on a date. Every guy, that was, except Hudson Banach. Lexa was a lighter-skinned black, and in fact, she was half-white, and she had always enjoyed a rapport with other blacks but she possessed the same spirit of comfort among whites. She was very New York City in her sense of democracy and her multi-cultural tastes.

Detective Mason Holmes walked into the station and noticed that Lieutenant Dante was openly flirting with Lexa. She was smiling and laughing at his jokes while sipping her coffee.

"Sorry to interrupt," Mason said, "but may I talk to Miss O'Neil in private, Lieutenant?"

"Is something wrong, Detective?" Lexa said to him.

"How many times have I told you not to call me "Detective"? It's Mason," he said, smiling at her and taking her hand and kissing it.

Lieutenant Dante got up and left, as if displeased by Mason's action.

Some deputies noticed this and grinned at one another knowingly. Just then Hudson Banach walked into the station, arriving for his morning duties. He didn't notice Mason and Lexa and merely went over to the coffee machine and began to socialize with another deputy. Lexa smiled at Mason and felt feminine for the first time in a long time.

"You aren't European by any chance?" she said jokingly.

He laughed cheerily.

"No, Miss O'Neil, but I am a romantic. And this is why I'm here this morning. I want to ask you to be my date for a dinner party at the fabulous home of a dear friend of mine who lives in the Hamptons."

"The Hamptons, oh my."

"Yes, she's a widow. I knew her when she first got married. Wonderful man. He hired me for an investigation into fraud occurring within his business that he wasn't aware of. We became close friends and after he died, I remained good friends with his wife. Her name's Clementine Gibson but everyone calls her "The Widow Gibson". She's all class, a rich socialite type. She throws terrific summer parties."

"It's not summer right now," Lexa pointed out.

"She throws parties all year round. She will throw a party at her estate with a 1920's "Great Gatsby" theme. Guests are encouraged to wear costumes of famous figures of the 1920's, real or fictional. Costumes aren't de rigueur though so some folks will just show up in formal wear or business casual/formal."

"Only the very rich can do crazy things like that. Who are you going as?"

"I'm going as Dashiell Hammett the detective novelist."

"I don't think I'd wear a costume if I go. This lady sounds pretty strange."

"Oh, she's eccentric alright but she's a nice lady. Would you like to come? It's this weekend."

Hudson now approached them and overheard this piece of the conversation. Lexa did not reply and Mason still held on to her hand for a while. He then let go and looked at her. She was pensive for a moment. She looked at Hudson who was standing behind her drinking his coffee.

"Yes, I'd love to come," she said to him..............

THREE

Hudson was called to the Chief's office. Chief Barry Hiller was walking about eating candy, which Hudson had never seen him do and resisted the urge to laugh at the ridiculous sight. The Chief was smiling and looking every bit like an overgrown kid.

"Have a seat, Hudson," he said to him.

Hudson loved that he called him by his first name as if they were close friends and not the more formal way of calling him by his last name the way he did with other deputies and officers. He even called Lexa "Miss O'Neil".