Violet Ch. 02

Story Info
Chapter 2.
7.4k words
4.64
39.4k
43

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 06/16/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AwkwardMD
AwkwardMD
1,317 Followers

Violet shifted uncomfortably in her seat; she could feel the post-climactic scenes reaching their conclusions. The easing of tensions between characters. Loose plot threads being tied neatly together. She reached for her oversized jug of soda, the back of her hand brushing softly against her sister's, and recoiled as if shocked. Ariana looked over in the dark and nodded toward the drink, letting Violet go first, but Violet shook her head and stared back at the screen as if her life depended on it. She wasn't thirsty; she'd just wanted something to do with her hands.

The sweeping score took over while the cameras zoomed out, but Violet remained rooted in her seat as her sister stood. "I don't think there's anything after the credits in this one," Ariana leaned in and whispered, confused. The screen faded to black.

"Are you sure?" she stalled.

"I... I don't think it's that kind of movie."

It wasn't, and Violet knew that, but she remained rooted anyway. The sea of humanity roiled around her, and she was frozen in fear. By itself, staying put was the best of bad options, but Ariana was leaving. Her sister was leaving.She was leaving.

Stay and drown or follow and suffocate. Violet followed and held her breath.

The throng pressed in around them as they made for the exit. Her sister led the way, and Violet curled in on herself as the hallways narrowed and bottlenecked. Bodies pushed well inside her bubble of personal space, jostling for position. The door wasn't that much farther. It was stupid to be so uneasy just because other human beings were in her vicinity. Logically, Violet knew that, but knowing wasfarless than half the battle.

Just as the crush reached its worst, Ariana looked back and took her by the hand. Fingers clenched around palms. Light bloomed ahead.

Light that burned.

"I'm parked over that way," Violet lied, letting go as soon as they made it out into the much-more-spacious main hallway.

Ariana nodded and fidgeted nervously, clearly aware that something was off but unsure of how to address it. "Okay," she said finally. "Thanks for the... for coming."

Violet nodded and turned.

"Talk to you later," Ariana called, tinged with a hint of sadness.

Violet waved her hand over her shoulder, the barest possible acknowledgement she could manage, without turning back around to face her sister. That would have been too much. She was already flustered, and out-of-her-mind conflicted. She pushed through the exit door into the empty lot behind the building and fast-walked across to the curb on the far side. The back lot was poorly lit and completely empty as she plopped down, her arms curled tight around her knees as she drew shallow, ragged breaths. She rocked forward and back, trying to bring her heart rate back down.

She could not believe how turned on she was again. Her panties were soaked, again, and her clit ached from so much frantic masturbation. She clenched her teeth and looked around, feeling another surge of the lust that had been overtaking her the past couple weeks, but just before her trembling fingers could slip underneath her waistband, a young couple staggered out of the same door she had and immediately began making out.

Violet stared quietly, jealously, while the boy caressed his girlfriend's cheek with one hand and cradled her hip with another. Her head, tilted, while her hands roamed across his back and shoulders. Up into his hair. Violet was stuck. If she started moving, they'd know she'd been watching, and so Violet sat. Watching while he groped her. While his tongue moved down to her neck. While the girl writhed under his touch. After a minute they giggled and ran around the building, and Violet was alone again with her thoughts. She couldn't expel the idea of a stolen moment like that with her sister. Kissingher neck. Running fingers through waves of dark chocolate. Feeling herbody so cl—

Violet launched herself to her feet with a pained sigh, praying enough time had passed that Ariana would be long gone and she could go find her car alone. So she could go back to her dorm room and be alone. Hopefully. She had no idea what she'd do if Noreen was there.

Fortunately, she didn't have to find out. Noreen had left a note on their whiteboard, and Violet felt safe enough to collapse on her bed and have a frustrated little cry.

***

She'd finally admitted to herself that she was attracted to her sister a week after her Life Drawing final.It wasn't weird or unnatural to be attracted to gorgeous people. Nevermind that they were related by blood, Ariana was still basically a stranger to her. It was all perfectly logical. Violet resolved herself to the cold calculations that told her she would simply 'get over it' and addressed the far more pressing need; she had been shown a fleeting glimpse of having a sister in her life, and was desperate to get it back.

Their first meeting, coffee at a little shop in town, had been disastrous. Violet couldn't keep her head on straight for a full minute without staring at her sister. She wasbeautiful! Her loose-fitting tie-dyed shirt hung low exposing a perfectly curved collarbone and shoulder, and her calf-length skirt flowed fluidly every time Ariana bounced her foot in the air. She seemed to feel the tension too, and what Violet had hoped would be a spirited conversation, like they'd had before, was a largely-silent affair. The only thing that had gone right was that their mother was completely left out of the conversation.

Violet would have insisted that be the last time they meet, her discomfort was so great, except that right alongside that discomfort, and in stark contrast to it, was a phenomenal amount of relief just by being near Ariana. She couldn't wrap her head around the simultaneous highs and lows she felt being close to her sister. The only thing she could do was keep strong to the idea that the attraction would fade the more she got to know Ariana.

It didn't. It only got more intense.

Violet came prepared for their next coffee meet-up (she refused to call them dates) with a dozen questions she thought might help her get to know her sister better as a person. She maintained a cheerful exterior and participated in their lively back and forth, but she died a little on the inside with every answer. Ariana couldn't have done on purpose what she did effortlessly just by being herself, which was to charm and enthrall Violet that much more with every word. A few times, particularly on social issues where Violet's more centrist outlook disagreed with her sister's heavily liberal one, Violet thought she had found places where grudging respect might be the best she could summon. Everytime, without fail, Ariana unleashed a personal anecdote that not only made Violet feel silly for ever opposing it, but uncomfortably aware of how different their upbringings had been.

Worse, by far, was the guilt, as her feelings for her sister persisted and flourished. The guilt naturally made it feel more wrong, which in turn made it better, resulting in more guilt, in a dizzying vortex of feels. Their last threemeet-ups had all been to see movies, where Violet awkwardly kept conversations to a minimum. As a result, only her physical attraction to Ariana deepened, which was bad enough.

Violet didn't know how much more she could take.

***

When she finally came back to the present, Violet drearily marched to the shared bathroom and splashed some cold water on her face. As she stood there, staring herself down in the mirror, there was nothing she could think of that would help her more than a nice long shower. The bathroom was empty, a rare occurrence on the girls floor, and she was mentally exhausted. She sprinted back down the hall, grabbed her shower kit and a towel, and ran right back.

"Ooooh, fuck yes," she cried jubilantly, finding the bathroom still unoccupied. She quickly stripped down, hopped in one of the shower stalls, and wept as steaming-hot water poured over her body. She leaned on her arm, her forehead pressed against the tile, and let it wash over her for a good, long time. Comfortable solitude was an acceptable status quo.

Violet shivered as the door to the hallway opened. A brief rush of cool air around her ankles preceded the soft humming of another girl. Violet closed her eyes and cocked her head, listening. She knew that voice, a girl who lived two doors down. Indian.Nadi, she thought.Pretty sure that's her name. Very beautiful.

Verynother sister. Violet receded into her mind.

She swept the curtain open with a touch of bravado, and Nadi did a double take in the mirror as Violet stepped around the low wall.

"I... don't usually do this," she said as her eyebrows rose. Her accent, crisp and round in Violet's ear. "...but for some reason...."

Violet stepped across the tile floor purposefully. Stalking. Nadi finished removing her shirt, leaving herself topless as she turned around and leaned against the sink protruding from the wall. Violet smiled as she took the girl's breasts in hand. Beautiful dark nipples on smooth brown skin.

...Anyone buther, Violet thought with a whimper, hoping against hope that the sound of the water would hide her frantic masturbating.

Their lips met, tongues snaking through toward each other. Hot breath on her lip, as she ground her hip into the near-stranger. The dull pressure was nice, as she slid her thigh up between Violet's legs. One hand settled into the small of Nadi's back while the other grabbed her thigh, drawing it up. Nadi's foot curled around behind her own knee. Her fingers found little to sink into in Nadi's thigh; from the waist down, Nadi had a runner's physique.

"God yes," Nadi whimpered. "I needed this." Her panting broke up each sentence. "I've been wanting to approach you for weeks, but... didn't know how." Her long black hair, more lustrous than Violet's, flowed down over her shoulders . Violet reached around and grabbed a fistful of it, pulling Nadi's head back and raising her chin up."Yes!" she cried, as Violet sucked a small bit of the flesh from the neck between her teeth.

Violet grinned as she spun her around to face the sink, grabbed the waistband of her shorts, and yanked down. She grabbed a thigh on her way back up, lifting one of Nadi's legs until her knee could balance on the edge of the porcelain. Nadi tossed her head, throwing her hair out of the way as she looked back over her shoulder with a hungry stare. Two of Violet's fingers pushed deep into wetness.

"No," Nadi whispered. "Put them in my ass."

Violet shuddered as she came, knees almost buckling. She panted, eyes shut tightly as she continued to circle her own clit mercilessly. The itch, however, was nowhere near sated, and she knew she would need to keep going if she wanted to get any sleep that night. She grit her teeth, and fell back into the dream.

***

Violet came to a dead stop as she walked back into her dorm room. Her skin was still flush from the heat of the shower, and her black Invader Zim shirt clung to damp skin above a towel around her waist. Valentina turned her head to look back over her shoulder, and put down a picture frame she'd been holding in her hands.

Not here, Violet thought, panicked.Not here!

"I had to drag your room number out of Ariana," she said, turning to face her daughter. A different suit, a different pair of heels, but the same look: aggressive, and tight fitting without being revealing. She was in full effect.

Violet swallowed hard imagining what 'dragging' might constitute.

"I wanted to—"

"I don't want to hear it," Violet croaked. She wanted to run. Badly.

Valentina paused, her tongue running along the tips of her teeth. "I wasn't going to." Her clipped, indignant tone disagreed, but she went on. "I wasgoing to say that this Monday is Memorial Day. We usually have a big gathering at my mother's home. I'm here to invi—"

"No." Her voice sounded horrible through her ears.

Valentina twitched, looking like she only barely fought back an instinctive response, and composed herself. "I'm not asking for me. I'm asking for Ariana. She wants you to go with her, but she's too terrified to ask."

Violet narrowed her eyes; her fight-or-flight response still leaning heavily toward flight.

"Big get togethers can be..." Her mother chose her words carefully. "...hard for her to navigate."

"What makes you think it's any easier for me?"

Valentina's eyes softened for a brief moment, but it was gone before she started speaking again. "She will probably only be there for a few hours, so you needn't stay long."

Violet swallowed, her anxiety steadily rising. Her heart pounded in her chest.

"I'm surethey'llbe anxious to meet you too, but they won't overdo it."

At that, Violet well and truly panicked. It hadn't sunk in that Ariana's extended family washer extended family too. An entire subset of familial relations she had no memory of ever meeting. And she'd handled her last reunion so well.

"Please think about it. It would mean the world to your sister." Valentina blinked and nodded to herself. Violet stepped aside as her mother swept out of the room without another word and shut the door behind herself.

***

"I'll kill her," Ariana whispered, adding, "No, I won't," right behind it.

"Was she right though?"

Her sister stared at her like a deer in headlights.

"Do-do you...want me to come?"

Ariana sat forward on the edge of the couch, gaze falling to her sandaled feet. "I couldn't."

"Because of the way it backfired with..." Violet's stammer wound to a stop, but Ariana nodded anyway, blushing in embarrassment. Violet fought indecision for a moment longer before she pried herself out of the arm chair she'd plopped down in when they got there, and moved to sit down next to her sister. Ariana glanced up, her eyes wide and red rimmed, as Violet pulled her into their first real hug in almost a month. "It's ok." Equal parts relief, self-loathing, and exhilaration coursed through her.

"It's not," Ariana sobbed into her shoulder. "That was—"

"I know you meant well. That's what matters most."

"Are you sure? You've—" She paused to sniffle. Her face was too close to Violet's when she looked up, and Violet couldn't help but to stare at her trembling lips. "You've been... I don't know what the right word is... Distant?"

Homeless kittens, Violet thought.Homeless kittens in kill shelters. "It was the shock of seeing Mom again more than anything else."Boxes full of homeless kittens!"That left me reeling."That and wanting to— No! Violet shut it down harder and more firmly than she ever had, finally finding some appropriate guilt in a tense moment. "I'll do it."

Ariana smiled hopefully as she wrapped her arms around her sister again. "Thank you!Thankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Violet nodded. For the first time in a long time, she felt only genuine comfort being in her sister's arms.

***

For four whole days, Violet was in heaven. She had pushed it aside, and was able to just be near her sister again. There were moments, yes, but she could control herself. It was better, and better was enough. She made the most of it, spending time doing a little shopping for both of their hobbies. Watching her sister walk through a music store was truly something to see.

***

They sat in Ariana's car, just around the block, for ten full minutes that Monday. Neither had taken off their seat belt.

"Are you ready?"

Violet shook her head. "Ready will never enter the picture."

"They're probably gonna be—"

"I know," Violet interrupted. "You told me." Her sister nodded. "Waiting isn't going to make this any easier, is it?"

"No," Ariana said quietly.

"Ok then." They both took deep breaths as they got out of the aged Corolla, headed down the street, and joined the celebration in progress.

Violet was genuinely surprised to find that one mention of her name didn't spread like wildfire. Her grandmother was one of the first to come over, wrapping her up in a huge hug and babbling effusively in Spanish. Ariana stayed with her, happily translating. Although the conversation steered back to English quickly, her sister still did most of the talking. She also handled all of the introductions, although everyone reassured her they wouldn't take it personally when Violet couldn't remember their names later.

Which proved to be true. The gathering was not small, and Violet was not good with names.

Several of her grandmother's siblings were there, along with their families. Lots of second and third cousins at varying degrees of removal. Every time Violet started feeling overwhelmed, there was a hand to hold. No one overstayed themselves, but they were as advertised; anxious to meet her and numerous. Ariana stayed with her, shoulder to shoulder, through a full hour of introductions. It passed in a haze.

"I'm gonna go get us some drinks," Ariana said, leaning over to talk where only they could hear.

Violet nodded quietly and took a deep breath. She hated having to psych herself up to be alone for a few minutes, but there it was. Her heart started pounding as she watched Ariana cross the room and head out into the back yard. The fire pit and baci games going on outside had drawn most of the family out there, and with them went the spread of food and drink.

Valentina wiped her hands on a rag as she sat down where Ariana had just been and stared ahead. Neither one of them looked at the other.

"Thank you for coming," she said quietly.

Violet nodded tightly.

"Everyone was polite? Kept it short and sweet?"

"Yes." Her right hand twitched nervously in her lap, and she clamped the left one down over it.

"Good."

"Sh-she doesn't look like she's having any difficulty."

"She is," Valentina said softly, "but... you being here with her made a big difference. Gave her something to focus on." She uncrossed and re-crossed her legs, her high-heeled sandal hanging from a few curled toes on the upper foot. "She was like a different person today."

"Well... good."

Valentina nodded, and Violet found herself staring down at her mother's hand. At fingers that drummed nervously against a forest green dress. Conservative, but form-fitting at the same time. Violet licked her lips and swallowed, her mouth suddenly very dry.

"I took care of Mrs. Keller."

Violet blinked, brow furrowed in thought. "Who?"

"The woman whose car you... when you left?" There was no hesitation, no softness, in Valentina's voice. The pause was there out of politeness.

"I didn't ask you to do that." She hated herself a little for reacting like that, knowing that her double-digit bank account would have been woefully inadequate to pay for body work on a car and that she'd rather chew her own leg off than go begging her father for money.

"I know." Valentina stared down at her knee for a minute, and then stood up.

Violet's pulse quickened. Rapidly. "Wait," she said, turning just a little. Her mouth hung open as she tried to force out the words. "...thank you."

Her mother paused and nodded slowly. "You're welcome," she whispered, before turning and heading back.

After Ariana left had been bad, even though it had only been for a few moments. Being there with Valentina had been worse. But as Violet sat there trying to get a hold of herself, her panic levels absolutely skyrocketed; surrounded by family and yet utterly alone. Fear drove her to her feet and across the room toward the back door, but she saw a large group coming inside at the same time. No sign of Ariana. She turned down a hallway, not knowing where it went, to avoid them, waiting around a corner for them to pass, but the voices followed her. Coming closer. She darted across the hall at the last second.

AwkwardMD
AwkwardMD
1,317 Followers