Virtual Reality: Dragon Quest

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I pulled out a cloth to wipe off my sword and turned back to Renelle. “Thanks. You certainly rocked him like a hurricane.” I chuckled at the joke, but the look on Renelle’s face reminded me that music references from my world were completely lost on her. “Uhm, local expression,” I said with a weak shrug.

Renelle sighed and shook her head at the scorpion. “It is so sad that the normal animals have been corrupted by the Dragonlord’s magic now, too. Were it not for that evil influence, the scorpion would have never attacked, and certainly would have fled after its first strike against metal armor.”

I finished cleaning my sword and said, “So let’s get you to Kol. The sooner you do what you need to do, the sooner Matusen can do what he needs to do, and then the scorpions can go back to skittering around the desert eating centipedes.”

We set off again, and soon I could see the woods surrounding Kol. While that was a welcome sight indicating that our journey was nearly over, it also meant that we had to trudge through the dark heart of that forest to reach our goal.

The next string of assaults hit us as soon as we neared the woods. The magicians had obviously decided that attacking us was too risky. Skeletons were a waste of time against Renelle’s powers. Somehow, they managed to whip the magidrakees into enough of a frenzy to attack us, though.

The creature’s hurt spells were no more effective against my armor than those of the magicians’ were, though. They also proved no more brave in the face of my rapid fireball volleys than their non-magical cousins back in Brecconary. The trail was actually well worn and easy to travel, so we made good time. I barely had to break stride to ward off the monsters, which grew less willing to attack us with every fireball I sent their way. I was still quite relieved when we stepped into a clearing and saw the walls of Kol.

A small group of soldiers approached from the town and escorted us in, which meant that the final leg of our trip was completely uneventful. We went directly to the inn, where I plunked down a hefty sum and asked for two rooms.

“I’m sorry, Sir. We have only one room remaining,” the innkeeper said in distant tones as he stared wide-eyed at the quantity of gold I’d just placed on his counter.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” I muttered under my breath.

“That will be fine,” Renelle said.

I nodded to her and then turned back to the innkeep. “One room it is, then. Tell you what — find someone to wash our clothes for us, and you can just keep what’s there.”

The innkeeper offered a beaming smile and told me that would prove no problem at all. Once in the room, I gratefully pulled off my armor and changed my clothes. I thought I caught a glimpse of Renelle peeking at one point, but assumed it was just my imagination. I certainly had a lot of trouble resisting the urge to peek at her when I turned my back while she changed.

“I’m exhausted, but the baths are calling to me. I will rest far better if I am clean, and the baths here are warm,” Renelle declared as soon as she finished dressing.

“I could do with a bath too,” I agreed as I kicked my discarded clothing a little farther away from me to illustrate the point.

“Let us go then, before the attendants close the baths for the day,” Renelle said with a smile as she started toward the door.

We made it in time, and I couldn’t help but marvel at the baths. Twin mineral water pools steamed invitingly, separated by a stone wall tall enough to prevent those in one pool from seeing into the other. I assumed this was for separation of the sexes, and Renelle confirmed it a moment later.

I stripped off my clothes and walked over to put my toe in the water. It was almost too hot, but I knew it would feel perfect as soon as I adjusted. I heard the sound of Renelle sighing contentedly as she sank into the water on the women’s side of the baths.

I imagined Renelle bathing on the other side of the pool for a moment or two, but the predictable reaction that had on me forced me to push the thoughts aside and concentrate on washing. I felt cleaner than I had since arriving in the DQ universe as I climbed out of the pool to dry off. I could still hear Renelle splashing and humming the tune that played while you were choosing your name in the game.

I put down my towel and walked toward the cubicle where I’d stored my clothing just as a door between the two baths opened. The matronly bath attendant gasped and stammered out an apology as she backed through the door, but she didn’t make much effort to take her eyes off my exposed manhood. As she stepped back through the door to close it, I saw Renelle hanging on to the edge of the pool looking in my direction for just a second. I couldn’t see anything more than her shoulders, but I suspected that she got a far better look at me.

I was a little red-faced as I dressed, and I’m sure it got worse when she emerged from her side of the bath a little while later. Thankfully, she either hadn’t seen me, or chose not to bring it up. We just spoke of how good it felt to be clean as we returned to the inn.

I closed the door and locked it behind us once we reached our room. “As good as that bath looked, that bed looks even better,” I remarked.

Renelle’s face filled with color and she immediately turned toward the bed. I dropped my magical bag on the floor and turned down the covers. We slipped into the bed at the same time, pulling the covers over us.

Renelle turned toward me and said, “I’m afraid.”

I turned toward her and asked, “Why?”

“The goddess says I will face great danger in my quest.”

“You’ve held your own well enough so far, and you won’t be alone.”

“You’ll come with me?” She reached out to stroke my cheek and smiled.

“Of course.”

She just stared into my eyes for a while, and there was something burning behind those blue eyes. My eyes widened a little as she edged forward, parting her lips.

Tingles shot all through me as her lips touched mine. Her hand was still on my cheek, and mine moved to hers as we kissed. When our lips parted, I said, “Is this a good idea? I don’t want to be responsible for putting you in disfavor with Rubiss — especially right now.”

Renelle kissed me on one cheek, and then moved to the other as she answered, her voice husky with desire. “The goddess wishes for all to rejoice in the blessings of life. Will you share this blessing with me?”

Not that I could have resisted her words alone, but her hand sliding down my chest until it settled between my legs sealed the deal. I kissed her again, struggling to moderate the hunger I felt, though her own desire was evident in the passion with which she returned the kiss. I moved from her lips to her neck, drawing a sharp gasp from her as I traced kisses down toward her shoulder.

The speed with which she removed her gown once she pulled away from my lips led me to believe that she’d left strategic buttons undone to speed up the process. She wasn’t wearing panties beneath the dress either, which seemed to confirm that assumption. It made me wonder how long she’d been thinking about this as she tugged at my shirt. While I pulled it off, she tugged my pants down.

As soon as I kicked off my pants, I rolled over to kiss her chest, working my way down to her perfect, teardrop breasts. She quivered as I kissed the upper swell of first one, and then the other of the firm globes. When I wrapped my lips around the pale pink tip of her right breast, she let out a shuddering moan and arched her back up toward me.

As I suckled her nipples, she reached beneath my body to caress my erection, the soft touch of her hand causing me to throb powerfully. The smell of her perfume now mixed in the air with an even more enticing scent, the evidence of her arousal.

The heady scent of her need filled my lungs and drew me toward its source. I released her nipple with a final kiss and kissed my way down her body. She let out little whimpers with each touch of my lips, followed by a surprised sounding gasp as I placed a final kiss just above the trimmed patch of curls above her sex.

I looked up to see a touch of apprehension mixed with curiosity in her eyes. I kissed her once more and quietly asked, “Nobody has done this for you before?”

She shook her head a little nervously in response.

“If you want me to stop, I will.”

I waited a second or two for her to protest, and then kissed the creases where her thighs met her hips as I scooted down on the bed. She let out another loud gasp as I put my hands on her knees to part her legs.

I smoothed away the silky curls hiding her folds with my fingers, drinking in the sight and scent of her before slipping my tongue into her heat. “Oh! Ah!” She exclaimed in high-pitched delight as my tongue washed over her.

“Do you like it?” I asked before wiggling my tongue between her labia to get a good taste of her juices.

Her hips rose up toward me as she answered, “Oh yes,” in a long, drawn out moan.

I let out a little moaning chuckle as I increased the questing pressure of my tongue, seeking more of her abundant wetness. Her breathing quickened with every lap, and her hips regularly rose up to meet my lips, seeking even more contact with me. I looked up into her eyes to find her watching me with aroused fascination, her lips slightly parted as she panted for breath and caressed her right breast.

I steadily turned more attention to the swollen bud at the apex of her lips. Every touch of my tongue caused her to lurch and gasp beneath me. “Oh, please don’t stop,” she begged in a tight voice as her hips trembled and her juices washed over my tongue. I certainly had no intention of stopping. I was lapping her hungrily, eager to feel her come on my tongue.

Renelle stiffened beneath me as she sucked in rapid, shallow breaths. Her thighs tightened around my head and I heard a long, high-pitched gasp as she took in a deep breath. A moment later, her legs clamped down on me even more tightly and she erupted into a scream of release.

I drank up the creamy flow of her juices as she came, tickling her clit with my tongue every so often to keep her pleasure ebbing and flowing. When her legs at last released me from their viselike grip, I could hear that her breathing was labored. I gave her one final kiss on her hood and rose from between her legs.

Renelle cupped her hand over her sex and continued to tremble as the aftershocks of her orgasm shot through her body. I stroked her thighs and bottom as she slowly came down from her peak.

When she finally recovered and opened her eyes, the blue orbs locked directly on my cock, poised between her legs as I knelt there and continued to caress her. She smiled and let out a moan as she grabbed my wrists and tugged me toward her.

I slipped into her warm embrace with a long, satisfied groan. Her velvety walls caressed my entire length as I sank into her depths. “You feel so good,” I groaned as I pulled back to thrust inside her again.

“Oh — so do you,” she moaned in response as pushed my cock back into her wet heat.

I rocked my hips slowly, reveling in the feeling of her wrapped around me so tight and the look of bliss on her face. One of her hands moved to her clit to circle over it in time with my thrusts. The other caressed her breasts as her head lolled back and forth on the pillow.

The speed of her fingers on her clit increased at about the same time my impulse to do the same happened. My body wanted to thrust with wild abandon, and it took all my willpower not to do it. I still involuntarily increased the pace of my thrusts steadily as we both built toward release.

Soon Renelle’s fingers were moving in a blur over her bud as her upper body writhed on the bed. I was up to a quick, steady rhythm, and knew I wasn’t going to last much longer. I could feel the itch that signaled I was going to come soon growing with every deep penetration.

“Oh yes,” Renelle moaned, each word drawn out, and then she squealed as her orgasm took hold of her. I groaned as her walls clamped down tight around me and a fresh rush of hot wetness engulfed my thrusting cock. I lost all conscious control at that point, giving in to the needs of my body. Only a few thrusts later, I erupted inside her with a series of growls and gasps, filling her full of cum.

Renelle moaned and whimpered as her pussy rhythmically contracted around my cock. I fell forward heavily to support my weight over her on my arms. I leaned in to kiss her whenever we could both catch our breath, and finally slipped free of her warm embrace with the greatest reluctance.

I collapsed to the bed, exhausted, and Renelle promptly snuggled up against me. We fell asleep in each other’s arms, and the warm afterglow.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I awakened with a start, as if from a nightmare. I don’t know what woke me up, but whatever it was had also roused Renelle.

“Something is wrong,” she whispered to me before throwing off the covers and reaching for her clothing.

I couldn’t argue with her, because I felt it too. The air felt as though it was charged with black emotions. The feeling was so strong that I barely looked as Renelle pulled on her clothing — despite how good she looked doing it. I grabbed up my armor, having a feeling that I was going to need it.

A sound outside prompted me to look out the window, which quickly confirmed our uneasiness. Dragons, stonemen, and starwyverns were emerging from the woods and rushing past town to the southwest.

Renelle voiced my guess as she looked over my shoulder. “He has reached Charlock. The Dragonlord calls his most powerful servants to protect him.”

“Dragons and stonemen here? That’s not right,” I said as I continued to strap on my armor.

“They would have guarded something important,” Renelle agreed.

“Like Rubiss.”

Renelle nodded. “It’s time. I can hear the goddess calling.”

As I strapped on my sword, I said, “Let’s not keep her waiting then.”

Renelle walked over and stood up on her tiptoes to kiss me. “Thank you for last night. It was wonderful. I’ve been so caught up in my quest that I haven’t even thought about my own needs. I just couldn’t face this without having a good memory to carry me through.”

I started feeling guilty then. “Renelle, about last night...”

She put her finger over my lips and said, “Shh. I understand. I do believe I could love you, but somehow I know you won’t be able to stay. I don’t regret being with you.” Her lips twitched up into a mischievous grin as she continued. “I won’t regret having the opportunity again, either.”

“Me either.” I lifted my shield and asked, “Ready?”

Renelle nodded and took my hand to squeeze it for a moment before heading toward the door. I followed, screwing up my courage and constantly telling myself that I’d already seen the outcome of the game numerous times. The hero wins, and that meant we had to win too.

It wasn’t completely convincing.

@===||>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The trampled trail had led us straight to a cave entrance. Not so much as a squirrel had accosted us during the entire journey, which made me think that we were well overdo. “That has to be it,” I whispered. “Somehow I doubt that all the critters have run off to Charlock.”

“I can hear her call so clearly. She is anxious.”

“So am I,” I responded with a nervous chuckle. My fingers tightened on the hilt of my sword as we started forward.

Renelle tensed just as the hair on the back of my neck stood up. Almost instantly, the red clay around the entrance of the cave sprouted skeletons. Renelle reached for her amulet to call on her power, but one of the skeletons was just too close.

I blocked a sword strike on my shield, and retaliated with a swift slash of my own. Either I was getting better at this by the day, or I was really lucky. The monster’s skull burst with a hollow crack, and its bones tumbled to the ground. Renelle’s power sent the rest back to their graves a second later. The ground was littered with red colored bones, prompting me to imitate Red Skelton’s voice, “Good night and god bless.”

Renelle glanced at me with a slight look of confusion. “It would take too long to explain,” I chuckled.

We stepped into the cave and I lit it up with a radiant spell. I may as well not have bothered, because I could see a huge, brightly lit chamber at the end of the rocky passage. “She’s there,” Renelle whispered.

“Not much point in trying to sneak in. Be ready.”

We walked forward, and I let my radiant spell burn out as the light from the chamber ahead filled the passage. I gestured for Renelle to hang back a bit so I could walk in first.

Predictably, I was on the receiving end of magic the moment I stepped into the chamber. Three sleep spells hit me simultaneously. I could feel my eyes getting heavy, but I fought it off with a growl. “Sorry, I’ve always had a problem with insomnia,” I said sarcastically as I took in the chamber. Three wizards flanked a tall, statuesque woman. She stood in front of a statue of Rubiss that glowed with pale blue light.

“You will fail,” The woman announced and laughed. “Here you will die, and so shall the spawn of Erdrick.” She gestured to her wizards and commanded, “Destroy them.”

I put my shield in front of me as the fireballs from the wizards’ hurtmore spells roared toward me. My shield and armor held, but I certainly did feel the heat. A little gasp of pain caused me to glance back at Renelle.

I clenched my teeth tight when I saw her putting out a flaming spot on her robe, revealing red skin beneath. Every qualm I had about getting into a fight with humans in the form of the wizards evaporated in an instant. I aimed my sword and let out a battle cry, shooting fireballs at the wizards to keep them off balance.

The wizards dodged, even though they probably could have withstood the minor power of my sword. Seeing that Renelle had ducked behind an outcropping, I charged the nearest wizard.

The magic user sputtered out a spell, and I took the fireball almost full in the face. The magic of my armor protected me once again, although I certainly got a minor burn this time. The same was true of the other two fireballs. I raised my sword overhead and swung a powerful overhand stroke at the wizard — who promptly screamed and dropped to the floor before my sword could reach him.

A swift kick of my armored boot between the wizard’s legs caused him to curl up into a ball with a squeal. With him out of the fight for the moment, I turned on another of the wizards. Both were in the midst of casting spells again, but I knew I had to trust my armor. Another fireball ripped into me from the woman in front of the statue. I shrugged it off and continued my charge.

The look on the wizard’s face as he completed his spell revealed his surprise. His spell had fizzled out. As I noticed that, I realized what the sound I’d heard subconsciously was Renelle speaking the words of a stopspell. I feinted with my sword instead of following through with the attack I’d actually planned. When the wizard flinched, I smashed him in the face with my shield. He crumpled to the ground much like the skeletons outside had earlier.

The last wizard hit me with a fireball, and the woman sent another flying into the passage where Renelle was hiding. With one wizard unconscious and another still cradling his family jewels, I turned on the last.

He turned tail and ran.

Now I had a real dilemma. I’d managed to avoid killing the wizards, but my morals were screaming at me even worse about attacking a woman. The fireball she hurled at me didn’t really dull that feeling much.

Movement in my peripheral vision caused me to glance back toward the cave entrance. “Renelle! Get back!”