Visions Unveiled Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IrishBelle
IrishBelle
144 Followers

"He'll be healed so soon?" she asked, "Normally stitches take a few days to set, and his wound was deep. He bled so much."

Shane nodded, "Once a werewolf is mature, he or she can heal almost instantly from many injuries. Though we may live extremely long lives, serious illness, injury or exposure can kill a cub or young wolf. Even an adult can perish if the damage is severe enough." At this, Shane thought again of his cousin, and felt a fresh pang of concern.

"I am glad Logan is going to be all right," Faline said.

"Logan is very strong," Shane replied, coming back to the moment at once. "He will recover. To him, the time until he is healed will feel like forever. Though I cannot tell you how grateful I am that you reacted as quickly as you did with that crystal. I'm sure that it saved his life."

Faline shook her head slightly, "It was part of my vision."

Shane reached his free hand out to caress her arm, "You did not know that at the time. I cannot tell you how devastating it would have been if we lost Logan. For my sister, for Kevin, and for myself. Logan is my oldest friend. I don't know where this pack would be if I did not have him."

Faline nodded, "That is how I would feel if I lose Sophie. She is the only family I've ever known."

"You said you were seven when she adopted you. What brought her to that decision?" Shane asked.

"Trouble always found me," Faline told him, "By the time I was six years old, I had been to four different orphanages. They always found a reason to get rid of me. Usually, because of the strange things that would happen around me."

Her unhappy words brought a frown to Shane's face. "What sort of strange things?"

Faline shrugged slightly against his side, "It was mostly because of the premonitions. They began before I knew what they were. I remember being about three years old and telling one of the caretakers about new gravestones with her name on them. The next week her parents were killed in a car crash. They began to think that I was evil, so they sent me away."

"But you were just a child," Shane protested on her behalf.

Faline sighed, "I scared them. It happened a lot, until I got older and realized I was different. I learned to then keep the things I saw to myself. When I was six I started to get terrible headaches with the visions, and that's when the-"

Her words broke off suddenly. Glancing down, Shane noticed a faraway look in her eyes. "That's when what happened?" he asked. Faline still hesitated and Shane placed a finger below her chin, raising her eyes to his. "There is nothing you cannot tell me."

"You won't like it," Faline warned.

"That does not mean that I don't want to hear about your life," Shane answered, "I want to know everything about you, everything you have been through and why."

After another pause, Faline finally spoke again in a shaky voice. "With the painful headaches came frightening visions. And every time I had one of those an attack would follow."

At her words Shane tensed. He gnashed his teeth together in an attempt to contain the wrath which surged through him. Exhaling slowly he finally gathered the courage to speak again, "Explain these 'attacks' please."

Faline pulled back from him slightly, and Shane turned to face her fully. Before speaking she took a deep breath and motioned with her hands nervously. "When I have the headaches, the creatures that came after me," she paused and shook her head, "They were, I mean are ... werewolves."

IrishBelle
IrishBelle
144 Followers
12