Vivian: Life in Estonia Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now that she had become infertile even that goal was unavailable for her with Urmus. He said he was not going to leave his wife, but of course such declaration was not written in stone. After all it's not inconceivable that their relationship could turn into an all-consuming love passion where indeed he would contemplate leaving his wife despite his avowal to the contrary. However, Vivian knew that was not the outcome she would ultimately desire. She surely would not wish to embark on a third marriage, where if that were to fail as well, she would be painfully reminded of the baseball cliché: 'Three strikes and you're out!'

That though was not the main reason why Vivian would not wish to marry Urmus even were it to be possible. As Urmus himself put it succinctly, that considering his wife's fragile mental health issues, he would be deemed a cad or worse for abandoning her. Likewise, were she to encourage him to leave Juuli, she would be considered a homewrecker or a slut in the most disparaging terms. Normally she paid no heed to malicious gossips who called her a slut or worse even to her face because of her sexual promiscuity. But this time the slurs would hurt as she dreaded the justification of them.

So, if marriage or a permanent live-in arrangement with Urmus was not in the cards, then what would be feasible? Perhaps, she would just become an occasional fuck buddy to him. Well, she supposed she would have to be content with that. At least he could have no objection to her taking on other lovers. One thing though which was certain was that her marriage was definitely over, and she needed to find a permanent residence for herself and Maia. And that was Vivian's last thought as she fell asleep.

The next morning it was Urmus who woke up first, and when Vivian awakened, she was immediately conscious of a tongue busy stimulating her clitoris. Once she became fully conscious, she realized it was her lover of the moment, her darling Urmus who was her cunniliguist. She then instantly barked an order, "Urmus baby, move your butt so I can have your cock in my mouth. I want to do some wonderful things to it, while you continue pleasuring me."

Urmus momentarily stopped and replied, "Yes ma'am!"

Complying with her command, he maneuvered his body over her to effect an oral sixty-nine sexual exercise. Vivian happily snatched his cock and took it into her mouth. As she was merrily sucking on his cock, bobbing her head up and down, her arousal was raised even further by his superb technique in lip service. As a result of the crescendo of her passion, she orgasmed as he was ejaculating. This time she did not squirt despite the double stimulation of their sixty-nine sex.

After she finished swallowing all of his cum, she burped. She giggled and quipped, "Well at least I didn't squirt in your face this time."

Urmus on mock sorrow replied, "I must be losing my touch."

They had a quick shower and breakfast, before heading out to the Stenbock House, where meetings of the Government of Estonia are held, and where the Prime Minister and the Government office work are conducted on a daily basis. Before they entered the building there happened to be a gaggle of reporters gathered to interview the incoming cabinet ministers on this auspicious occasion.

A reporter from Postimees asked Vivian about the appropriateness of her singing the unflattering song touting Estonia superior to Latvia at the official Reform Party function. Vivian answered, "Well of course, considering my position in the Estonian Government, I would never say publicly that Estonia is superior to Latvia even were I to think it privately."

The reporter protested, "But you sang a song at a public function indicating just that."

"It was just a song a famous American songwriter had composed."

"Surely those weren't the actual lyrics?"

"Maybe something got lost in the translation."

"But you sang the song in English."

"What can I say? Perhaps my command of the English language has become somewhat rusty since I've made Estonia my permanent home."

The Postimees reporter persisted, "But the song claims that the Estonian Prime Minister is prettier than the former female Latvian Prime Minister."

Vivian answered, "Well isn't Kaja Kallas indeed prettier? Is there any debate on the matter? To be fair though, I have to concede the Latvian female Prime Minister was much older than our Kaja, so her true beauty had naturally faded."

Then a reporter from Õhtuleht, a tabloid with the largest daily circulation in Estonia asked, "Speaking of beauty, during Saturday's Reform Party gala, in addition to singing, you were also dancing. You happened to have slipped and you fell. When you got up, you had what Americans suggest was a wardrobe malfunction in that the left side of your dress strap had slipped off your shoulder leaving your left breast......"

At this point Vivian interrupted, "You mean my left boob?"

The reporter was slightly taken aback by the cavalier interruption, but nevertheless he continued, "Yes, as you say your left boob was exposed and pictures were taken of you. The resulting photos have been featured in the majority of newspapers in Europe as well as in the United States, and elsewhere in the world. In addition, these photos have gone viral on the internet. What is your reaction?"

Vivian replied laconically, "Well these things happen."

The reporter persisted, "Yes in fact they do. Since your photos have become public, photos of an American actress, a Ms Tara Reid, have resurfaced where she had a similar wardrobe malfunction as you, quite some years ago. And her photos bear a marked resemblance in essence to the photos of you. Does the fact that such photos of hers exist, lessen the embarrassment you might otherwise feel knowing that someone also famous had suffered the same fate as you in a public way?"

Vivian answered, "Oh, I don't know about that. Some friends of mine who happen to have my private contact number, were kind enough to text me photos of Ms Reid as well as photos of me. No doubt they did this so I could reply honestly to your question. Mighty prescience of them I must say. All I can say is that I would think Ms Reid would be more embarrassed, as her exposed left boob doesn't seem to be as comely as mine. Now ladies and gentlemen I must go now. It would be unseemly of me as a female cabinet minister to be late for the swearing in of the first female Prime Minister of Estonia."

Vivian's insouciant and frivolous answers to potentially embarrassing questions produced an outstandingly positive outcome for her. The international press alerted to Vivian's boldness in the impromptu press conference at the steps of the Stenbock House, reported the occasion prominently, accompanied by favorable editorial opinion of Vivian's responses. Besides it gave them a legitimate excuse to run the photos unretouched. The American press especially the entertainment and show business press was even more enthusiastic in reporting Vivian's remarks. The combination of a Hollywood actress tied in with a story involving an American citizen who happened to be prominent in another country was too good a story not to report.

The average Estonian citizens, cognizant of their minuscule population were always on the alert and grateful for any international recognition of their tiny nation. In some respects, Estonians could be proud of the international fame some of their citizens had achieved in their respective endeavors. But in most cases the fame was limited to those interested in the narrow field which the Estonian citizen gained prominence. For example: Paul Keres, a renowned chess champion would only be known to chess enthusiasts; Kerli (Köiv) has achieved some fame in the pop, alternative rock music field but is not exactly a household name; Anett Kontaveit would be known only to devoted followers of women's tennis; and Carmen Kass would probably be better known since the celebrity world of top super models usually has broader general public appeal and interest.

In Vivian's case the publicity and photos of her wardrobe malfunction without a doubt proved to gain the most notoriety any Estonian has ever achieved in the international press. Aside from the luridness of seeing her exposed left breast, what made the story even more compelling and newsworthy was the insouciance Vivian displayed in the impromptu interview with the Estonian press at the steps of Stenbock House. The interview was picked up by the majority of the international press which gave legs to the story.

Since prominent in Vivian's story was the similarity of her photos and circumstances to what occurred to the American actress, Tara Reid, some years previously, most reporters did some diligent research to contrast how that actress had handled her embarrassment. They discovered that in an interview, Ms Reid had said that she was devastated about the accidental slip exposing her breast and felt that the photographers were disrespectful in laughing and giving high-fives, instead of letting her know about the wardrobe malfunction.

In concentrating on Vivian's off the cuff assertion that her exposed breast was comelier than that of Ms Reid, Shannon Calvert the veteran journalist for the Hollywood Reporter got in touch with Tara Reid. Asking for a reaction to such a bold declaration by Vivian, Tara Reid replied, "At the time those embarrassing photos were taken it is true the areola of my breasts looked irregular. It was as result of a botched breast enhancement surgery, which made my nipples, and my breasts look not quite right. I have since undergone additional surgery by a certified plastic surgeon, and that discrepancy has since been corrected. My breasts are now quite spectacular probably better than that of an obscure female politician of an obscure little country."

Naturally that interview got back to the Estonian press, and the intrepid reporter from Õhtuleht wasted no time in seeking a response from Vivian. The Minister of Culture had this to say, "Since this story has gotten such international notice, I think it behooves me to give a serious answer to what for all intents and purposes is a mere peccadillo.

"Like most Estonians I'm not devoutly religious, but one thing I do believe fervently is that whenever man interferes with what's in the province of God, man suffers. The trials and tribulations of that American actress lends credence to my belief. I get the impression that there was nothing wrong with her mammary glands as God had prescribed for her from birth. I imagine it wasn't until she had acquired some prominence in American show business, before she had discerned an inadequacy in her physical appearance.

"Apparently Ms Reid felt the need to have her breasts surgically enhanced was for the reason to either (a) to make herself prettier or (b) to make herself more appealable as an actress to get better roles. The fallacy in both of those suppositions should be patently obvious to anyone who exercises his or her intellect.

"By the way, my comments are not to be taken in any way as a condemnation of plastic surgery. Certainly, when one becomes disfigured as a result of a motor vehicle accident or other like injury, plastic surgery may be necessary to restore a more pleasant countenance than the hideous appearance resulting from the accident. Likewise, in aging plastic surgery can help overcome some misery associated with aging such as eye lids drooping causing some impaired vision and other such similar afflictions of aging. However, to utilize plastic surgery to frivolously improve one's appearance to my mind, I think is counter productive.

"We are all aware of the adage 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. In my own personal case, I can easily aver that such is absolutely 100% true. I have a sister who is undeniably by universal consensus much prettier than me. Even the gentlemen who were enamored by my allure would concede objectively that my sister is the more beautiful one, and I certainly couldn't disagree. In fact, sometimes I do get annoyed that she is so much prettier than me despite the fact, that we are of the same flesh and blood in our genes make-up. However, I can truthfully say I've never been jealous of her beauty, especially as I do attract my fair share of admirers.

"Finally, I do need to apologize to the American actress, Ms Tara Reid, for my flippant comment with regards to the comparison of my naked boob to hers. It was definitely beneath my dignity as an obscure politician of an obscure little country."

That remark by Vivian kept the story alive for a few days longer, especially in the United States. Tara Reid was now besieged by several reporters for her reaction. The actress was no longer furious as the resultant publicity augured well for a revival of her moribund career. So, she issued a gracious reply, "I also apologize to Ms Vivian Laaning, for my impertinent initial reaction. I'm informed she has a prominent position in her government and although her country may be small but it's not obscure in Europe. I also have to confess I admire her reaction to her wardrobe malfunction. She certainly handled her embarrassment with aplomb, so much better than I."

The public reaction to Vivian's wardrobe malfunction even overshadowed the installation of Kaja Kallas as the first female Prime Minister. There was certainly lots of public attention in Estonia to this important political event. As the President of Estonia, at the time was Kersti Kaljulaid, it gave Estonia the distinction of being the only European nation at this time of having the head of state and head of government both being females. Now that was not a unique situation since in the UK during Queen Elizabeth's long reign there had been three female Prime Ministers. Mind you, the last applicable PM i.e Liz Truss was PM for less than two months and the Queen died even before the end of Ms Truss short term in office. And yes, those pesky Latvians had a female President and a female Prime minister long before Kaja and Kersti, but then again, they did not hold their positions simultaneously.

Nevertheless, the general public in Estonia was thrilled by Vivian Laaning and her comportment in her wardrobe malfunction. It was especially appealing to Estonians that this episode got some prominent play in the American press. Awareness of Estonia was more prominent in Europe considering its membership in the EU and NATO. However, in America awareness of Estonia is negligible. Probably most Americans cannot distinguish the Baltic states from the Balkan states.

As a result, Vivian Laaning easily became the second most prominent female politician in the Government of Estonia behind only Kaja Kallas, but ahead of Kersti Kaljulaid. She cemented that distinction during that first week in the Kaja Kallas led government. During the initial full cabinet meeting on Tuesday, she acquitted herself forcefully, and was accorded recognition by her cabinet peers as an important member.

Vivian solidified her reputation as a most effective official in the Estonian government by the total of two full days (all day Wednesday, Thursday afternoon and Friday morning) spent solely in the offices of the Ministry of Culture located at a different Estonian government building in Tallinn. The Ministry of Culture (Eesti Kultuuriministeerium) was and is a Cabinet-level governmental agency in Estonia in charge of conducting and organizing the country's cultural affairs and policies. Thus, Vivian as head of the department supervised undersecretaries on Fine Arts, Cultural Heritage, International Relations and Cultural Diversity, and Sports. Her ministry was and is responsible for creating favorable legislative and financial conditions for promotion and development of Estonian culture, its heritage, and sports. The Ministry had an annual budget of 214 million euros.

Vivian learned that the areas the Ministry was responsible for included: literature and publishing; theatre; music; fine arts cinema; folk art; museums; libraries; cultural heritage; creative industries; broadcasting and audiovisual policy; copyright and neighboring rights; cultural diversity and integration; and sports.

During that week, Vivian was able to achieve a significant political triumph for her Ministry and for Estonia. During the Thursday morning meeting of the full cabinet, she was able to secure full cabinet approval to allocate 2.5 million euros for the organization of an FIA (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) World Rally Championship round to take place in Estonia. This sporting event is the highest level of global competition in the motorsport discipline of rallying, owned and governed by the FIA. There are separate championships for drivers, co-drivers, manufacturers and teams. The series consists of twelve, two to three-day rally events driven on surfaces ranging from gravel and tarmac to snow and ice. Each rally is usually split into fifteen to twenty-five special stages which are run against the clock on closed roads.

Having secured the cabinet approval, Vivian subsequently organized and spearheaded the Estonian delegation to obtain agreement from the FIA to schedule one of the twelve rallies to take place in Estonia during the following year. This major sports event is followed by hundreds of millions of people in one hundred and fifty-five countries. That Vivian was able to bring about such an important sporting event and recognition for Estonia certainly proved to be a huge political feather in her cap.

12