Vivian: Life in Estonia Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ms Mutter was gracious enough to email me back to congratulate me on my success. She opined that she was glad that her illness had at least one positive outcome. Then, when later that year, the CD of my recording of Enescu's Sonata No 3 with Lajos Kiraly as my accompanist was released with huge success, Ms Mutter emailed me again. She wrote, 'WOW! I now believe my illness must have been an intervention by GOD! Congratulations Natasha. I've listened to your CD recordings, and I'm convinced you will have a fabulous career.'

"We have since become fast friends after I had actually met her. Once I unveiled my plans for my festival, she immediately agreed to participate no matter what, as she promised she would clear it with her agent should there be any conflict with dates."

Vivian responded, "I'm impressed. I do love classical music and I'm certainly a fan of Anne-Sophie Mutter. As Estonia's Minister of Culture, I was able to entice Ms Mutter to come to Tallinn to do a benefit concert in February in aid of victims of the tragic ferry disaster in January, whereby hundreds of lives were lost in a storm as the ferry sank in the Baltic Sea while enroute from Tallinn to Stockholm."

Natasha agreed, "Yes, that is not so surprising since Anne-Sophie Mutter has made it a practice for performing benefit concerts for worthwhile causes which are not in the purvey of existing established charities to address.

Vivian replied cagily, "Yes quite so! But in my case, I was able to offer a personal incentive for Ms Mutter such that it made it impossible or her to refuse to come to Tallinn for this benefit concert."

Natasha replied laconically, "I see."

Then they both broke down in laughter as there was no doubt in their minds as to the implication of what was so compelling to Vivian's request to Ms Mutter in order for the latter to agree to perform the benefit concert.