Voice of the Mind Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She merely snickered. He didn't like the sound of it. It sounded like an inner self telling him that he didn't have any choice in it, that the decision had already been made.

"My apologies, Vincent. But you're already involved enough not to wiggle yourself out of this. I didn't want to force you, but if they have contacted you to look for me, they might already have some idea of what you can – and that your abilities might be suited for their tasks as well. They may want to employ you just as they want to regain me for their purposes. I'd dare say that you don't really have any say in this."

He grumbled. He already deducted that himself. That's why her laugh disturbed him.

His cell phone disrupted his thoughts.

"Hang on. I might need to take this," he said, looking at the name of the caller.

"Hey Jim," he answered the phone. "Such a surprise. You don't call me that often, what's up?"

He felt his stomach churn when he got his answer. A police officer had just arrested Jenny. A cop by the name of Millhouse.

12