Voices in the Night

Story Info
A women hears unexplained voices in the night.
1.9k words
3.5
6.2k
1
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My name is Dr. Lawrence Rondo, and I am the head research scientist for North American Paranormal Research Foundation, or the NAPRF for short. The NAPRF is a not for profit foundation that investigates paranormal and UFO cases in the United States and Canada. My staff literally pours over hundreds of letters and emails a day, and although we give each investigation a fighting chance, more than 99% of them are easily explained.

9 days ago, my senior staffer Veronica brought me in a handwritten letter from a lady that I will call "Mary". Mary lived in a small community in central Idaho, and found the foundation with a quick Google search. Here is a copy of her letter that we received on May 10th, 2011.

To whom it may concern:

My name is "Mary Smith", and I live with my husband and 2 young children 8 miles west of the town of Arco, Idaho. I was home alone last night for the first time since my children were born. My husband left town to go to a funeral, and I had to stay home for work. My shift starts early, so I was in bed by 9pm, and was asleep shortly after. I was woken up at 2:38 to someone calling my name. It was a voice that was not familiar to me, and the voice did not seem to be distressed. It was simply calling my name as if to get my attention. I am not a scared woman by nature, and the loaded pistol in my nightstand helped with my confidence to investigate the voice. My first reaction was that a neighbor was standing outside an open window trying to wake me, but you can never be too careful.

Once I left the bedroom, I could not find the source of the voice. I turned on the flood lights that were on each side of the house, and turned on the 2 yard lights that lit the path and driveway to the barn. I will not go in to the reasoning for these lights, but these lights were enough bathe our entire yard in bright lights. I checked each window and the front door before venturing outside. The air was filled with the kind of silence that 2:45 in the morning brings to a farmhouse. The cows were quiet, the dogs weren't barking, and the only sound was the humming from the large overhead lights. I whistled for the dogs, and after a few seconds they came running up to me. I ordered them to find the squirrel, knowing that they would run around the house a few times, looking for the critter they would never find. I knew that is someone was prowling around, or someone had been prowling around, my trusty cow dogs would find them.

The dogs made one lap around the house, ran out to the field, came back to check on me, started another lap around the house, and that was the last time I saw them until a quite some time later . They never barked, or made any other sound for that matter. After a few minutes, I whistled for them, and still nothing. My heart was racing at this point, and I chambered a round in to the pistol. I called for the dogs a few more times before going back in to the house. I was in my bedroom getting dressed when I heard the voice again, calling my name. I could tell that it was coming from my still open front door this time, and raced back out, loaded gun in hand to find the house and the yard still empty. Each subsequent time I went in to my bedroom, I heard the voice again, and each time I came out to still find no one there. I grabbed my clothes and dressed in the bathroom with the door partly closed. I didn't hear the voice while I was in the bathroom, but when I went to go get my cell phone from the nightstand, I heard it once again.

My hands were shaking at this point, and as I tried to scroll the addresses to find Sherriff Taylor, I inadvertently hit another button, and was staring down at the tools menu. The 3rd thing down in the menu was "voice notes". The idea hit me to go back in to the bedroom and record the voice I was hearing. Right on cue, the voice started again. I let the phone record for 3 minutes or so, and although the playback wasn't that great, but the voice in the background was unmistakable.

I called the Sherriff and had to leave a voicemail. For some reason, I had made the decision that my issues was not important enough to call 911, and in hindsight, I probably should have. The Sherriff didn't call me back until 8 this morning, long after everything took place. I didn't want to call my husband and have him worry for no reason, and again, I probably should have. Although there would have been nothing he could've done over 1000 miles away.

The voice stopped sometime after 4am, and they dogs came back at some point after that. They were both soaking wet, covered in mud, and soaking wet. I turned the lights off and sent them back to the barn, and did what I could to get some sleep. It was 4:31 when I was woken up again. Only this time, the voice was coming from inside my bedroom, directly behind me.

The loaded pistol was still on the nightstand, and half a second later was in my hand pointed in the direction of the voice. My eyes took a second to adjust, but immediately I saw it was a man I didn't recognize. My voice faltered as I tried to ask him who he was, and why he was in my house. He politely asked me to lower my gun, and as my eyes adjusted even more, saw that he was in a military uniform. I did not lower my gun, and once again asked him who he was and why he was in my house.

His reasoning for being in my house was as farfetched as any story I had ever heard. I wouldn't have given him the time that I did had it not been for his uniform and bodyguard that I found waiting for us in my kitchen. The bodyguard was also dressed in military style clothing, but he wore a protective facemask and protective body armor. He had a black rifle in his hand, and pointed it at me as I led the first man in by gunpoint. The man from me bedroom asked the bodyguard guy to lower his weapon, and asked if he could sit down at my kitchen table.

This was his story to me. His name was Agent Stanik from the NSA. He told me that he was here from the future, 5 years in the future to be exact. He told me that he was here to protect me from forces that were outside of my understanding. In the future, I was the sole witness to the first American confirmed UFO landing. He told me that on May 9, 2011, at 2:38 in the morning, I was awoken by the sound of my name being called, and found a UFO the size of a schoolbus sitting in my front yard. These beings had picked my front yard because the coordinates were the same as each of their prior visits. The beings, who were unlike humans in every way, answered all my your questions, allowed me to take pictures and then they gave me an object the size of a soda can. It was this object that he know held in his hand.

The object that was given to me in the future was my further proof that an alien race had made contact. I was given instructions to get in touch with the people of power from my country, and tell them what had happened, as well as a way to contact them again. (The Captain did not go in to that). The device he held in his hand was a transporter. It was able to transport anyone within a preset range to anywhere else, and transport them in the future or the past within 5 years. It took the government all of that time to figure out what it did, and they didn't believe what I told them. They said my pictures and videos were fake, and the object that I gave them was actually a piece of melted aluminum. By the time they figured out what it was, they tried to contact the aliens like they were instructed to do. It was too late. The aliens took the governments non-contact as an act of hostility. The aliens were going to invade earth and wipe out the human population in 72 hours.

The captain then explained that they came back to tell me what to say and who to tell to get my facts across to the government. For the next hour, he did just that. This letter to you is part of those instructions. By the time you get this, I will have already been contacted by the aliens, if his story is to be believed. You may contact me after May 9th, but not until then.

Sincerely, Mary Smith.

Once that letter was received, we tried numerous times to contact Mrs. Smith. After a day, 2 people from my staff, and I , flew out to Idaho to find Mrs. Smith. We made numerous inquiries to her neighbors, spoke to the Sherriff, attempted to track her phone, all to no avail. Her husband and children showed up at the house the next day and immediately filed an official missing person's report. A massive search effort took place over 5 counties, and my team and I left 3 days later.

3 days ago, we received an anonymous call stating that Mary Smith was being held in a detention center, and that our efforts to locate Mrs. Smith were appreciated, but no longer needed. We were advised to cease our search immediately.

We have many tools here at our disposal, so we continued our search for Mrs. Smith in "quiet" mode. The next day, I was visited by Agent Stanik and a team of government goons who attempted to confiscate every document, every computer and every record we had under the guise of a National Security issue. The one thing they didn't find was Mary Smith's cell phone. The cell phone was sent via overnight mail to me the day we got back from Idaho.

Her husband had found the cell phone in their barn and he had a neighbor send it from a neighboring town. The cell phone was sent to a PO box rented under the name of one of our benefactors. It is these recordings found on this cell phone that I am sending as attachments to this email. These recording are:

Smith1.mp3: Voices heard the first night.

Smith2.mp3: Recording with Agent Stanik, next morning.

Smith3.mp3: Voices heard on May 9th.

Smith4.mp3: Conversation with unknown people and Mrs. Smith on May 9th.

This letter is to be published in it's entirety and when possible, the audio files should be published with them.

Dr. Lawrence Rondo, PHd.