Warren Butterfield Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she broke off that kiss she whispered, "I think you better do it now before I explode."

I retrieved a condom from my bedside table and quickly slipped it on over my erect cock. Megan lifted her legs as I pulled her panties off then she spread them so that I could get between her thighs. I positioned the head of my cock at the opening between Megan's labia. Megan was tight and I proceeded slowly so that I wouldn't hurt her but when I was all of the way in, Megan bit my ear and whispered, "It feels wonderful."

Then she wrapped her arms around me and held me so tight that I couldn't move for a couple of minutes. When she relaxed her grip I began pumping my cock into her slowly and she started lifting her hips to meet each thrust. We soon had a rhythm going that allowed us to pick up the pace. Suddenly Megan dropped her hands to grab a hold of the sheets and then pushed her hips up into me as hard as she could.

She had her eyes closed tightly and licking her lips and quietly whispering, "Oh... Oh... Yes... Oh."

When her orgasm passed, Megan put her arms around me again and pulled me down and mashed her mouth against mine. While our tongues wrestled with each other I picked up the pace and finally climaxed.

As I lay on top of her with my shrinking member still inside her, Megan began kissing me all over my face. "That was wonderful!" she said, nearly out of breath.

I pulled out of Megan and slipped off the bed to dispose of the used condom in the bathroom. When I got back into bed Megan began to play with my limp cock and asked, "Can we do that again?"

"In a few minutes," I said. "I need a little time to recover."

For the next several minutes we talked about what we had just done and then Megan asked, "Have you had a lot of girlfriends? I mean have you had sex with a lot of girls?"

"I have only dated two girls that I had sex with before this," I said. "And it has been a long time since the last time. What about you?"

"There was only one guy. I dated him for most of my freshman year. We broke up before the end of the spring semester. I think we only stayed together because we had both been virgins and the sex was something new and exciting," Megan said. "Tonight was much better for me than any time with him."

I was quiet for a minute while I digested what she had just said. Was she just trying to make me feel good or did she mean it?

"Warren, when you were with those other girls, did you always use a condom?"

"Yes. I didn't want to take any chances," I said.

"I always made my old boyfriend use a condom," Megan said.

Megan look at me and then down at my nearly fully recovered erection.

"Warren, I'm on the pill," she said. "This time I'd like to do it without the condom. I want to feel you cum inside me."

So we made love again, without a condom and it was even better than the first time.

***** By the end of the spring semester Megan and I were definitely in love. When we were together we couldn't keep our hands off each other and when we were apart we spent a lot of time talking on the phone. I started taking Megan with me when I visited Kate and the two of them hit it off. Megan became Kate's new best friend.

By exam time I was already thinking that Megan was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I wasn't sure if Megan felt the same way until a week after we finished exams and she invited me to come to Frankfort and spend the weekend at her parents' house.

I picked Megan up at four o'clock on Friday afternoon and we headed to Frankfort. The drive was less than thirty miles and I could feel the butterflies in my stomach getting more active the closer we got to her parents' house. I had never been this nervous about meeting the parents of a girl I was dating. Of course, before Megan I had never been this serious about a girl I was dating.

Megan had told me about her parents and there didn't seem to be any reason for me to be worried about meeting them but I was. Megan's mother was forty-two years old. She had been a schoolteacher but gave up teaching five years earlier when Megan's little brother Brandon was born. Her father was forty-three and he owned an appliance store in Frankfort.

The house was on the northwest side of Frankfort overlooking the Kentucky River. The house wasn't a mansion but it was pretty big. It was a large two-story brick home with a circular driveway in front and a three-car garage around to the left side of the house. As I pulled to a stop in front of the house I saw the view of the river beyond the house. I remember thinking at the time that the view of the river was beautiful and how nice it would be to have a house with that kind of view.

As Megan and I started to get out of the car the front door opened and a small red and blue rocket with a brush cut flew down the steps and into Megan's arms.

Megan scooped up the fast moving object and turned to me with a big smile on her face.

"I guess this must be Brandon," I said.

The small boy with the blue shorts and red tee shirt looked at me.

"How do you know my name?" he asked indignantly.

"Oh, I know all about you," I said. "Your name is Brandon, you are five years old and you like to collect Hot Wheels cars."

Brandon's brown eyes got real big and he looked at Megan.

"How does he know all that?"

"He is very smart, Brandon," Megan said as she put him down.

Brandon stared at me for a moment as if he was trying to make his mind up about something and then he came over to me.

"What's your name?"

"Warren."

"You want to see my Hot Wheels collection?"

"Sure. Right after I meet your parents, okay?"

"Great." Then like a flash Brandon was headed back into the house yelling, "They're here, they're here."

As Megan and I got to the front door Brandon was back with his mother. Megan's mother was built a lot like Megan. They were both tall, about five feet seven inches. They both had trim figures although Megan's mother had a little more meat on her bones than Megan. Both women had the same dark brown hair although Megan's mother had some gray showing. Other than age the biggest difference between the two women was the color of their eyes. While Megan's eyes were blue her mother's were green.

If you can judge a woman's future looks by her mother, Megan would be an attractive woman for a long time.

"Warren, this is my mother, Trish," Megan said. "Mom this is my boyfriend Warren.

Trish gave me a hug and began to pull me into the house as she talked to me.

"We have heard so much about you from Megan," she said. "It is great to finally meet you. Megan tells me you're from Lexington and you are going to be a senior at UK this fall..."

The conversation or rather Trisha's monologue went on like that for almost twenty minutes until Megan's father came home from work. As soon as he saw Megan his face lit up. Megan ran to him and they hugged each other. Megan's father lifted her off her feet and swung her around.

"How's my little angel?"

"I am great, dad."

Megan turned to me and signaled for me to come over.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend Warren. This is Harold, my dad."

Harold's handshake was firm and his welcome was sincere. Harold Forester was a big man: six feet two inches tall and about 205 pounds. His hair was brown but thinning on top. The most remarkable thing about him, as far as I was concerned, were his eyes. They were the same size, shape and color as Megan's.

I think Harold was just about to ask me something when Brandon took my hand.

"Come and see my cars. You said you wanted to see my cars as soon as you met my parents."

I felt like I had no choice.

Brandon had more than 100 cars and he seemed to have a story to go with each one. Megan finally came to rescue me and to say that dinner was ready.

It was funny. I felt very welcome in the home and the conversation at the dinner table was mostly directed at Megan and me but I sensed something odd even though I couldn't put my finger on it at the time.

After dinner, Trish put Megan to work in the kitchen and I followed Harold into his den. It had become obvious to me that Megan and her father had a very close relationship and his opinion of me was going to be important so I wanted to make sure I got on his good side.

"Mr. Forester..."

"Please call me Harold. We are not that formal in this house."

"Okay, Harold. I don't know if Megan told you but I am studying marketing," I said.

"She mentioned that."

"I was wondering if you would mind if I asked you some business related questions?"

"Sure, go ahead."

"Megan told me that you own an appliance store. Now I don't mean to bring up a sour subject but I was hoping to get some first hand feedback on this. How much have the big new discount stores like Best Buy and Circuit City hurt your business?"

For the next hour Harold explained his business. He said that while it was hard to be price competitive with the big chains he was able to make up for that with his services. He said that he had a second business that helped offset his losses to the big chains. Harold said that he had a second hand appliance store.

He said, "People buying new appliances were often replacing products that still had a lot of life in them. We fix these up and resell them. It might surprise you to know that we make almost as much from our used appliance sales as we do from the new products."

On Saturday, Harold took me on a tour of his two stores. I was surprised to see more people shopping in his second hand store than there were looking at new appliances.

By Saturday evening I had started to recognize what it was that had bothered me on Friday. While Trish and Harold were very attentive to Megan and extremely friendly toward me I didn't really see them talking to each other very much. I also noticed that Brandon was never very far from his mother and didn't seem to pay any attention to Harold.

I was going to wait until Megan and I had a chance to be alone that night and ask her about my observation but something else came up first. I didn't get a chance to be alone with Megan that evening until I was getting ready for bed. I went into the upstairs bathroom to brush my teeth and suddenly Megan was in there with me. She locked the door behind her and then gave me a kiss that ended any idea I might have had for having a discussion about her parents.

"It was driving me crazy all day to be so close to you and not be able to touch you," Megan said.

"I felt the same way,' I said as I lifted her tee shirt over her head and began to kiss her breasts.

Megan opened my pants and pushed them down my legs so I could step out of them. Megan told me to sit on the toilet seat while she removed her shorts and panties. Then Megan straddled my legs and lowered herself onto me while I guided my cock into her wet hot sex. Megan started moving slowly up and down, causing the toilet seat to make a squeak with each movement.

At the time I wasn't sure which was stronger, my fear of being caught by Megan's parents or my desire to make Megan scream out in orgasmic delight. I settled for a muffled moan from Megan as I climaxed inside her.

When it was over, Megan slipped her tee shirt and shorts back on and then gave me a quick kiss before she snuck out to the bathroom leaving me still sitting on the toilet.

*****

Over the next year Megan and I often drove over to Frankfort for Sunday dinners but there were no more long weekends. At Christmas I proposed to Megan and in May we both graduated. Megan got her degree in nursing and I got my degree in marketing. We got married that July.

For the next two years Megan worked at the UK hospital while I worked on getting my master's degree. The two years were difficult but we were happy. When it was over and I had my degree in hand I felt like it was time for us to really start living.

***** Chapter 3 - The Job June 1993

It was only a week after I completed my master's program that I was offered a job at Clifton Digital Services in Cincinnati. I was going to be working in the proposal department. The proposal department was responsible for putting together responses to bid requests from potential clients.

Megan and I managed to find a nice apartment only a few miles from my new office and she landed a job at Cincinnati Memorial Hospital.

The first day on my new job a member of the human resources department introduced me to my new boss.

"Thad, this is Warren Butterfield, your new proposal writer."

"Butterman? Right. Glad you're here."

"It's Butterfield, sir."

"What's that?"

"My name. It's Butterfield, not Butterman."

"Oh? Okay. I am Thad Acksole. Just call me Thad."

Thad Achsole had a chubby face that seemed to always be a little red, which made it look like he was perpetually embarrassed. He was six feet tall 220 pounds and always had a snack on his desk. His hair, what little there was of it, looked as if he had just washed it two weeks ago.

"What should I call you? Butterman or Warren?"

"It's Butter... Just call me Warren."

"Good. All you have to know about this job is that you have to be fast and accurate. We often don't get much time to respond to these bids. There are six other writers out there so if you need help talk to them. If you work hard you can do quite well for yourself."

Thad was just sitting behind his desk staring at me as if he expected me to say something when my discomfort was relieved by the arrival of Thad's boss, John Harris.

"Ah, John, just in time," Thad said. "This is our new employee, Warren Butterman."

"That's Butterfield..."

"Welcome aboard, Butterman," were John Harris' first words to me.

"Thank you."

"Okay Warren, John and I have a meeting right now so why don't you go find an empty cubicle out there and I'll come out and introduce you to the rest of the team when we're finished here," Thad said.

I was about to say something but Thad and John had already turned their backs to me and were talking about an upcoming project.

I sat in an empty cubicle for half an hour before Thad came out to get me. Thad then called the other six-team members over and introduced me as - you guessed it - Warren Butterman.

"It's Butterfield," I said.

"Oh, right, Butterfield," Thad said.

Then he introduced the other team members to me. Afterward Thad told Leon Crain, the department senior, to help me get the set up and to explain the office procedures to me. Leon was a black man, about forty years old with only a few flecks of gray in his full head of hair. He had tired eyes but a friendly smile.

"Okay, Warren, let's start by getting you a computer and some office supplies," Leon said and then led me down to the supply room.

*****

An hour later I was ready to start work. Leon explained the office procedure. He led me to a table in the front of the room and pointed to a metal tray on the left side of the table that was marked as an In-Basket. There was a similar metal tray on the right marked as an Out-Basket.

"When the sales staff bring in Requests for Proposals or RFPs, they will put them in the In-Basket on this table. If you are not currently working on a proposal you will take a proposal out of the in-basket, always taking the one off the bottom, and start working that proposal. Your job is to put the proposal together. To do that you will need to get engineering and design teams to provide their solution for the customer's requirements along with an estimate of the length of the project. You will need procurement to get you material costs for the project and then get pricing to put the numbers together and come up with a total price. Once you have all that information you will put the final proposal together with an executive overview and enough flowery language to make the client feel that our bid has to be the best. When you're done, put the completed proposal in the out-basket. Thad will review it and if there are no glaring problems, he will pass it back to sales. Our quarterly bonuses are determined by how many of our proposals result in signed contracts."

Leon said all that without any inflection in his voice then he slapped me on the back and said, "Don't worry, it's easier than it sounds."

Leon was right. All I had to do was put together the input I received from the other departments and do a little word smithing. By the end of the first week I had completed two proposals.

During this time Megan and I were happy with our life with the exception that she had to work a revolving shift at the hospital. She would work four days and be off two and then work three nights and be off for three days. It was an inconvenience but we learned to live with it.

*****

One morning I was sitting at my desk. I had just sent requests for information out to engineering and design and could do nothing more on that proposal when it occurred to me that I could start another proposal while I waited. Duh! I actually felt foolish that this hadn't occurred to me sooner. It had taken me almost three months to figure that out. That week I managed to submit four completed proposals and had three more on my desk that were more than half done. On Friday evening as I was getting ready to leave the office I was feeling pretty good about myself. I had just shut down my computer when Leon stuck his head into my cube.

"We are stopping across the street at 'The Post' for a drink. Why don't you join us?" Leon asked.

"Great, I'll be right with you."

That worked out great because it was one of Megan's nights to work so my stopping for a drink would be no problem.

Leon and I and the other five writers sat around a large round table and ordered two pitchers of Hudepohl. Frank Carson was the first to bring up work at the table. Frank was someone I had pegged early on as the department whiner. He was the one guy in the department that I couldn't remember ever seeing smile.

"Hey, Jack, how many proposals you submit this week?"

"Two, why?"

" 'Cause our rookie here turned in four," Frank said.

I could tell by the tone of his voice that he didn't see my performance as a positive thing.

"You might want to slow down some so you don't make too many mistakes," Frank directed to me.

"Haven't had any of my proposals turned back yet and since we get bonuses based on customer accepts I figure the more proposals we put out the more will be accepted," I said. I was a little pissed that he insinuated that I might sacrifice accuracy for speed.

"The volume of RFPs in the in-basket is what keeps us all employed, not the volume in the out-basket," Frank said, showing some anger of his own. "If we ever get to the point where the in-basket is empty our jobs will be in jeopardy."

"Hey, give the kid a break," Leon said. 'He's still new here and right now there is plenty of work. If we all do four a week we still won't get caught up."

One of the other guys then changed the subject to baseball and the Reds' season.

Later as we were leaving, Leon took me aside.

"Don't pay any attention to Frank. He's the weakest link in the department chain and he knows that if layoffs come he will be the first to go. Personally I think he'll be long gone before we have to worry about layoffs."

The following week, I thought about what Frank had said as I put four more proposals in the out-box.

*****

The next two years were very good for Megan and me. Megan was doing very well in her job and she loved the people that worked with her. My quarterly bonuses kept getting bigger thanks in part to Leon's prediction coming true. Frank was fired for poor performance and soon the whole team was turning out more completed proposals each week than they ever had before.

Megan and I had been discussing buying a house for about a year and finally decided to take the plunge. We looked for six months before I found something I really liked. When I first saw the house I didn't think much of it until I looked out the windows in the back of the house. Although the house was nothing like Megan's parents' house, that is what I thought of when I looked out the window. The view from the back of the house was of the Ohio River. It was about two miles away and far below the house but the view was beautiful.