Weaver

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Arlene also thought of their evening together as she drove home that night. They had worked at the same place for years but she never took the time to talk to him about anything that wasn't job related. What a shame, she thought.

The following day they had not seen each other at work but just before five Carolyn buzzed, saying Bob Rawlings was on line one.

"Hello Bob," she answered in anything but a business like tone. "I was just thinking about calling you. Are we still on for tonight?"

"Yeah, that's why I was calling. Where are you parked? I'll meet you at your car. I'll have to follow you; I have no idea where this Jerry's place is."

"Oh, okay. I'm parked in the side lot, in the second row. I'll look for you when I get out there. I'm almost ready; I shouldn't be more than ten minutes."

"What can I get you?" asked Susie as Arlene and Bob sat at a table in the back of the bar.

"I'll take a white wine, please," replied Arlene.

"Make mine a light beer," Bob answered. "Thank you," he politely said as the pretty waitress walked away.

Arlene lowered her head and leaned toward her co-worker. "That's the girl Weaver helped out the other night; the one he had the fight over. He almost ran for the door when she thanked him with a kiss. It was so strange; he beat the crap out of a guy twice his size, then looked like he was scared to death of her," she commented lowering her voice so no one but Bob could hear her.

"Geez; are you sure this guy's all there? Maybe he's got a phobia or something."

"I don't think so, Bob. I think he's just been badly hurt. I don't know, maybe he hates women but I don't think there's anything really mentally wrong with him."

Susie brought their drinks and laid them on the table. "Would you like to start a tab?" she asked.

"Yeah, that would be..."

"Hey, drinks are on me, remember," said Arlene as she handed her credit card to the barmaid. "Start a tab with this, please. We'll probably be here for a little while," she told the pretty blond.

"Ah, before you go, how often does Weaver come in?" Bob asked.

"Oh, almost every night," she replied before walking back to the bar to run the credit card.

"Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll come in tonight," Arlene offered.

"I'm not so sure that would be luck," he replied to the confused looking female opposite him. "Then I don't have an excuse to meet you for drinks after work anymore."

A big smile broke across her face. "You don't need any excuses, Bob. I'd be happy to have a drink with you anytime."

Well, that was encouraging, thought Bob. He probed for more information about his lovely date and finally got her to open up. He learned their childhoods couldn't have been more different. She grew up as a privileged little girl. She got almost anything she wanted including a horse for her sixteenth birthday.

They were both so engrossed in conversation, neither noticed the wiry built man who came in and sat at the bar.

"Can I get you another round?" Susie asked.

"Yeah, one more," Bob told her.

"Oh, by the way," Susie interjected. "You were asking about Weaver; he's been sitting at the bar for the last fifteen minutes."

Arlene's face lit up. "Would you ask him to join us..."

"No, wait a minute," interrupted Bob. "I don't want to ask him to come to us, I'll go to him. Can you point him out to me?" he asked while getting up.

"He's the third one on the left," she responded.

"Mr. Adams," Bob said extending his hand toward the somber looking gentleman.

Weaver turned his head to look his greeter in the face. "Do I know you?"

As soon as they were eye to eye, Bob recognized him immediately. He had a little less hair, but it was still brown and cut short. He saw the scar over his left eye that he got in the third round of the Alexander fight and he had the same steely stare that intimidated so many of his challengers.

"No sir, but I know you. My name is Bob Rawlings; it's an honor to meet you."

Not wanting to be a complete asshole, Weaver shook hands before facing the bar again.

"Mr. Adams, I don't want to impose but I would sure be flattered if you would join us at our table."

Normally Weaver would have told the guy to take a flying leap but he sure didn't want to stir up any more trouble in the bar, besides there seemed to be something about Bob that he liked; maybe it was because he called him by his real name. Whatever it was, he decided to take him up on his offer.

"Well," he said sitting down to the right of a smiling Arlene. "If it isn't the lady who thinks you can see the future in a whiskey glass."

Arlene blushed and offered her apologies for bothering him the other day. When she was done humbling herself, Bob picked up the conversation.

"Mr. Adams..."

"Call me Weaver, everybody else does."

"Okay Weaver; I just want to say how much I enjoyed watching you in the ring and what an honor it is to meet you. I've been involved with boxing most of my life. I enjoy watching a real technician and you were one of the best. I'm a director for the CYO boxing program. It's a great organization. Are you familiar with it?"

Weaver didn't answer. He just sat glaring into his glass again so Bob continued.

"Anyway, we get kids from all over Chicago-land that want to learn to box. I'm just one of many volunteers that work with these kids. We teach them the basics in the ring but more importantly, we get to spend time with them. It keeps them off the streets. Most of the kids we get have no real home life. That's why they come to us in the first place. We're able to teach them a lot more than how to box. We teach them about respect and fair play; about self-discipline and being true to themselves. In addition to the boxing, it's also a great mentoring program."

Bob was waiting for some kind of reaction from Weaver but it didn't come. What he didn't notice was Arlene watching the pride in his face as he spoke.

"I wonder if you've ever given any thought to volunteering for something like that, Weaver? The kids would be absolutely thrilled to have someone of your caliber teaching them."

Weaver took a slug of his scotch and water then spoke with a sigh. "No, I've never given any thought to it," he responded glumly.

"Well, it would also be a way of giving something back...to the boxing game, I mean," Bob suggested.

Suddenly the sad figure of a man became animated. "Give something back! HELL, hasn't it taken enough? It took everything that ever meant anything to me. Respect, fair play, huh," he smirked with agitation. "What the hell could I teach kids about that stuff? I'm just a washed up pug who, at one time, thought he was something special."

He threw back the last of his drink. "Look," he said rising from his chair. "Thanks for the offer, but no; I'm not interested. Thanks for the drink," he said before walking out of the bar.

"Well that could have gone better," remarked Bob.

"You got more out of him than I did," Arlene responded.

"I see what you mean about him. I thought sure he'd jump at a chance to get back into boxing, even if it was just teaching kids. I wasn't expecting that reaction at all."

"I don't know what it is, Bob, but when I saw how he jerked away from that waitress after the fight, I just had to find out more about this guy. His reaction to your proposal just now, makes me even more intrigued."

"Arlene it's none of our business. We should leave the man alone. He obviously doesn't want us prying into his life."

"But, Bob, what if we could help him?"

"Help him...how?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm trying to find out as much about him as I can. I won't know how to help him until I know his story."

"What makes you think you could help him, even then? Look, Arlene, the guy's obviously hurting big time. I kind of like him and I'd like to help him too, but by the way he's acting, I think bringing up the past would just mean more pain for the poor guy."

"I can't help it, Bob. I've got to see if there isn't something I can do for him."

Bob sighed. He really thought just leaving Weaver alone was the best thing they could do for him, but if she was determined to try and help he'd at least like to give her support.

"Have you talked to Derick Hoover?" he reluctantly asked her.

"Derick Hoover? No, why? What could he do?"

"He's a trained investigator, Arlene. Hell, he does all kinds of research for the company. He's uncovered shady business transactions, corporate cover-ups, tax fraud...all kinds of things. Maybe he can find out more about what happened to Weaver."

Arlene's eyes lit up with a big smile.

"Bob you're a genius. I never thought of him."

"Just don't get him in to trouble; make sure he knows it isn't company business," he reminded her.

"Oh I will. I'll pay him to work on his own time if he'll do it."

While Arlene took a moment to think about how to approach Derick, Bob took advantage of the silence to think about asking her out on a real date. What he said about boxing teaching him self-confidence was correct in almost every aspect of his life, except one...women. They didn't hang around the boxing ring much. He never had any sisters, and except for a couple frat parties in college and few one-night-stands when he was in the Navy, he had no experience with the opposite sex.

He wanted Arlene to like him and wondered if he'd push her away by asking her out so soon; maybe I'll wait until next week to ask her, he thought, but just then...

"Bob, I want to thank you for all your help." She interlocked her fingers, placed her elbows on the table, and rested her chin on top of her hands as she looked into his eyes. "I like you, Bob. I don't know why I never noticed what a really nice guy you are before now, but I'd like to make up for lost time. Would you like to go out some time?"

"I would love that," he responded trying to hide his nervousness.

"You know where I'd like to go? She coyly asked.

"You name it," he responded.

"To the gym to watch you with the kids," she told him.

Out of all the places she could have named for their first date, the gym wasn't even on his list. He looked into her face. Was she kidding?

"The gym? That's where you want to go on our date...really?"

Arlene gave him a large smile and rapidly nodded her head in the affirmative.

"Just now, when you were talking to Weaver, you looked so proud when you explained what the place meant to the kids. I want to see it for myself."

"Are you sure?" he asked again. "You know it smells in there and some of the kids are kind of rough around the edges."

"I want to watch," she confirmed. "I want to watch you. I want to see how you work with them. Do you ever get into the ring yourself?"

"Sure...well, not to fight anymore. I'll do a little sparring with some of the kids but that's it."

"I want to watch."

He studied her smiling face. She was serious...

"Weren't you the one who said boxing was barbaric?"

"Yeah," she said lowering her eyes. "I did apologize for that. I...I guess...well, it's the way you talk about it. I guess you've made me see it from a different perspective. I'm not saying I've changed my mind completely but maybe I should learn a little more before condemning it."

Again he studied her face, looking for any sign of insincerity. If there was any, he couldn't find it.

"Okay, you got it; anytime you want. You just name it," he excitedly proclaimed.

"How about Friday night; can you pick me up?"

"Sure; seven o'clock okay?"

It always seemed a little strange to Bob. He could step into a ring with some guy he knew was going to try and beat him to a pulp and be cool as a cucumber, but never could he shake his anxiety in the company of a woman.

***

She probably didn't know it but as far as he was concerned, the gym was the best place in the world for their first date. As soon as they stepped inside he started to relax.

For Arlene it was just the opposite. The environment was way out of her comfort zone and she unconsciously tightened her grip on his arm at the sound of the first 'wolf' whistle.

"Hey, hey," Bob spoke loud enough to be heard over the usual noises. "What have I taught you guys about respect?"

"Sorry, coach!" came voices from several locations around the ring. "Sorry miss."

"Here," he said walking her over to some metal folding chairs. "Have a seat. I have to go change. I'll be back in a minute." With that he disappeared into another room.

Arlene nervously sat watching the boys working out when one of them approached her. She guessed him to be about twelve or thirteen. Sweat poured from his matted hair into his eyes and down his face.

"Are you Bob's old lady?" he asked.

"His old lady?" she enquired.

"Yeah, his dame, you know. Is he sweet on you?"

She couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face. She leaned forward and crooked her index finger in his direction.

The young boy leaned in to hear her reply.

"I'm working on it," she whispered. Then she put her finger to her lips with a, "Shhhhhh, but don't tell him."

The boy raised his head with a crooked smile and nodded showing his understanding. "Sure thing lady," he responded before returning to his workout.

Arlene had to catch her breath as her co-worker re-entered the gym. She had never seen him in anything but a suit before. He was always handsome but everyone wore suits in her world. The man now entering the room wore a dark grey, short sleeve sweat-suit. His black wavy hair was messed up and hanging down over his eyes from pulling the top over his head. His chest completely filled out the top of the fabric but hung loose around his midsection. The short sleeves fit snugly around his well-defined biceps.

Suddenly the room of about thirty boys turned as if they were his army and he was their general.

"Okay, guys. Before we get started I want to introduce you to a very special lady. Her name is Arlene and she's going to watch you train tonight so I want you all on your best behavior...understood?"

"Yes coach," sung out his choir.

"Hey coach, does that mean we can't scratch our balls tonight?"

The crude remark brought nervous laughter from the group.

"No," he responded while repressing a chuckle. "But you have to keep them inside your pants while you do it."

Bob's retort brought even more laughter from everyone, including the lady in the metal chair.

He walked over to her. "I told you they were a rough bunch," he offered.

"I'm a big girl, Bob. I can take it. Now you go do your thing and don't worry about me."

For the next two hours, Arlene hadn't even noticed the discomfort of the hard metal supporting her. She watched as the man she admired more and more worked his magic. He cared about and respected the kids; in return they admired and respected him back.

"Okay guys," he yelled while clapping his hands in the air. "Time to call it a night."

His announcement yielded several groans of disapproval from his tired but inspired troops.

"Come on now, everyone hit the showers...now!" he decreed.

As the kids headed for the showers, Bob walked over and sat down next to his guest. It was still early so she happily accepted his invite to go out for a drink when he was done closing up. He had to make sure the gloves and other equipment was picked up and put where it belonged, then grab a quick shower before they could leave.

The kids said goodnight one by one as they left. Bob locked the doors behind the last one.

"Let me grab a quick shower and I'll be right out," he told her.

Bob retreated to the locker room and quickly stripped. He was tired. He knew the kids were showing off in front of his guest; as a result they had given him a good workout. He turned on the shower, adjusted the water, and stepped inside the rising mist of steam.

"Oh God, there's nothing like a nice hot shower," he muttered to himself. He put a generous amount of shampoo in his hand, closed his eyes and vigorously worked it into his scalp. Thoughts of Arlene stirred a daydream and he smiled as the exhilarating water pummeled his muscular physique.

With eyes still shut, Bob stepped under shower head to rinse off, completely unaware of the nude woman who slipped in behind him.

The soft touch of femininity against his water-soaked skin quickened his pulse. He turned and looked into her smiling face.

"I thought you might need some help washing your back," she cooed.

Surprised, he hesitated for a second and watched as streams of water meandered down the hills and valleys of her magnificent figure. His body responded. His male member grew until the flesh was stretched almost to the point of pain. He put his hand around the back of her head and gently pulled her willing lips to his own.

Their bodies touched and Arlene felt his excitement rubbing against her stomach.

As they broke their kiss and gazed into each other's eyes, she reached down and delicately slid her slim fingers down his shaft and along his balls.

Bob closed his eyes and let out a small groan of erotic pleasure. He had wanted this for so long; he wondered if it was really true or just another day dream. Then he smiled knowing it was real this time.

Arlene grabbed a bar of soap and started rubbing it in circles around the hair on his chest. She worked it into a slippery lather before spreading her attentions to other areas of his upper torso.

Bob was in heaven as her smooth, silky hands massaged his tired muscles. Seductively she maneuvered around him, pressing her body to his, slipping and sliding in the lustrous soap suds.

Arlene laid the soap down and clasped her hands behind his head. Again their bodies slithered together in an enticing dance of sexual delight.

"I'm on the pill," she assured him.

Bob leaned against the shower wall for support and lifted Arlene by her waist. She wrapped her legs around him as he lowered her, impaling her womb with his inflamed cock. She moaned as he used his strong arms to move her in harmony with each thrust. Heightened by the slick luster of bubbly foam, their glossy smooth skin adjoined with slippery sensations of lust and passion.

Cries of euphoria echoed from the shower walls as they each erupted in ecstasy. Their naked flesh pressed together through the soapy froth as they held one another tightly, struggling for breath.

"Wow," wheezed Arlene. "It's been a long time but that was worth waiting for."

"Ditto," he replied still breathing hard.

The rest of the evening was filled with food, drinks, and laughs. After dropping Arlene off at her door and collecting a passionate kiss, Bob drove home with dreams of a future with the woman he had secretly admired for so long.

For the next two weeks, the enraptured couple were busy getting better acquainted; no further efforts were made by either of them to contact Weaver. Arlene; however, did have the company's investigator working to solve the mystery of the solemn man's broken heart, on his personal time.

At work, rarely did the happy couple get to talk. Only once had they been able to coordinate their schedules, making it possible to have lunch together. It was Friday and Arlene was looking forward to spending the weekend with her new beau when her PA's voice came over the intercom.

"Arlene, Bob Rawlings is on line one."

"Thanks, Carolyn." Her heart started to flutter even before she could hit the button. "Hey handsome, I was just thinking about you."

"You were, huh. Hell, I'm always thinking about you," he replied with a laugh.

"I hope you're not calling to cancel our plans. I'm looking forward to dinner."

"No, nothing like that; I just thought you'd like to know who showed up at the gym last night."

"Who?" she asked before thinking but before he could answer it struck her. "Wait a minute...no, not Weaver?"

123456...8