Werewolf at Heart Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And just where would we go?" She asked, not sure she was ready for what his words promised.

"We can leave the car here and take a walk," Blake offered innocently.

"you want me to walk? In these shoes?" She looked horrified at the very suggestion.

Blake laughed at her expression, and sent the valet to fetch his car. He decided that he enjoyed pushing her buttons, keeping her slightly off balance. It brought out her fighting spirit, and he loved the spark of fire that lit her eyes. He reached for her hand, lacing his fingers through hers, smiling happily.

"No. As much as I never want this night to end, I think it best we head back," Carly said, a little regretfully.

"It's time to take Cinderella home before she turns into a pumpkin?" He teased, as he helped her into the car.

Blake insisted on walking her to her door when they arrived at her home, and she couldn't find it within herself to argue. The evening had been a dream.

"I would like nothing more than to invite you in," she admitted, "But I fear it would be unwise."

Blake leaned in, and allowed his lips to lightly brush against hers. "I would like nothing more than to accept your invitation, but now isn't the time," he agreed.

They stood like that for a long moment, breath mingling, as shared passion made the air grow heavy around them. Finally Blake could handle it no longer, he needed a real taste of her. "So kiss me goodnight like you mean it, and we can talk again in the morning."

She responded to his words and the tension between them, meeting his desire with hers. Their lips joined, Blake gently nipping at her lower lip, demanding entrance. She allowed it, their tongues tangling as they devoured one another. Carly was running her fingers through Blake's short hair, drawing him closer. His hands had drifted lower, and were gently stroking the skin under the hem of her dress. It wasn't long before Carly pulled away, afraid she would forget herself if the kiss lasted any longer. Blake groaned, trying to keep a tight reign on his own desire. His wolf demanded more, so he pulled her close again, his tongue stroking deep into her mouth. Her hands slid down his chest, feeling the hard planes and ripples of well-toned muscles. She wanted more, but knew now was not the time or place. She bit down on his tongue, gently, getting his attention.

This time, when Carly pulled away, Blake let her go. "Later," she breathed with a smile and little fluttering wave of her fingers, before she disappeared behind the door.

*****

Jack woke late Saturday morning with a smile. His wolf was at peace, and Emile was in his bed, where she belonged. He watched her sleep, unable to stop from stroking her soft skin along her side and across her hip. Soon his lips joined his fingers, and she slowly came awake to his touching and tasting. Wordlessly, she pulled him closer, letting him explore her body as desire built between them. His touch was light as he explored her curves, hips and breasts and throat. When Jack could no longer stand just the teasing touches, he aligned himself with her center, and entered slowly. Emile moaned as her body stretched to accommodate his, loving the delicious fullness, how perfect he felt as he slowly thrust inside of her. Jack continued exploring Emile's body with fingers and mouth, even as he moved inside of her, thrusting deeply and oh so slowly. Wanting this moment to last forever, he fought the urge to go faster, keeping their lovemaking languid. Desire continued to build to nearly impossible heights, until, with his lips teasing her collarbone and his fingers on her clit, Emile came with a cry, Jack finishing soon after. Sated and happy, she curled into his side, pressing her body against his. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tight. Sated once again, Emile dozed as Jack held her. Jack, on the other hand, was wide awake, contemplating Emile.

He loved the texture of her skin, the taste of her body, the way she responded to him. He loved the soft sounds she made, breathy sighs and moans, the way her breath hitched when he found his way to a particularly sensitive part. He loved the feel of her tight, wet womanhood surrounding him as he entered her body completely. He even loved the way she tried to pull his hair. He loved her spirit, the strength she wasn't even aware of that hid behind her vulnerability. He loved how willingly she submitted, and how fiercely she fought. He loved his woman, every inch of her body and soul.

Regretfully, Jack slipped out of bed to shower and find something for them to eat.

That was how Emile found him when she awoke. She took advantage of the bathroom to clean herself, and found something to wear before searching Jack out. He was only wearing jeans, his back towards her, standing in front of the oven.

"I hope omelettes are ok," he said, not bothering to turn around.

"As long as they are served with coffee," she answered, sitting down with a smile. She should have offered to help, but she was enjoying her view. She enjoyed the play of muscles beneath his skin as he moved about the kitchen with easy grace. She enjoyed the way he was so self assured and confident. She enjoyed his easy smile, and the look in his eyes when he regarded her, how safe she felt in his arms, how she could let someone else carry the burdens of her soul if only for a little while.

She sighed, dreamily. "You're much too good for me. You deserve someone better."

Jack turned off the the stove, and met her eyes. "You have it wrong, Emile. You deserve so much more than I could ever give you," he said seriously, thinking of her past.

"I wasn't wrong when I said I would be completely neurotic and suck at living," she replied. "And I'm not going to be easy to deal with."

"You still don't see it, do you? I don't want some hypothetical perfect woman I can earn by being good. It's you I want in my life, it's you I need. It's you I love. You will be my mate, the center of my soul. I love you." He wanted so desperately for her to believe his words, and was terribly afraid she would reject them.

Instead, Emile's eyes filled with tears, and Jack reached out to hold her. "I never wanted this to happen," she sobbed into his chest.

"Fate has a way of ignoring what we want and what we deserve. Instead, it gives us what we need, when we need it, even if we don't know that we need it," he finally answered.

Emile continued to cry, finally whispering the admission that burned at her soul, "I don't think I can love again, I'm too broken."

Jack trying to comfort her with gentle, reassuring touches and babbling soft words. "I do love you, and one day you will be my mate. I know it hasn't been easy for you, but it will get better, and you are healing. You're not too broken, and love is always possible. I'll be here for you, and for you I will be patient. I have been waiting for years to claim you as mine, and I will continue to wait for as long as you need me to. For you, I will do anything."

She loved how he could be so patient and gentle with her, even while she knew how brutal and ruthless he could be. Emile pulled away, trying to smile at his words.

"I still don't want to face the pack," she said.

"They can wait, for a bit."

"I am not ready for you to be my mate."

"Let's just start with food, then," Jack said, turning back to the stove. He was already planning his next move.

12