What If? Ch. 01

Story Info
A look at a road not taken...
4.3k words
4.59
40.2k
27

Part 1 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 05/11/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This started as just a side story in between brainstorming sessions for another project that turned into something more the more I thought about it. Just a fun exercise with familiar character... anyway I hope you like it.

In this story I have taken the CR/CF characters and storyline and asked myself, 'What if Katy had never met Mel?' This version picks up the morning after Brandon and Katy first met, and all of it is from Brandon's perspective.

Edited by HJF

As Brandon headed for his usual workout his head was full of the sexy blonde from the previous night that had literally filled his dreams. The images of her bouncing up and down on him made it difficult to concentrate on what he was doing and keep count. Several times he had to stop and remember what rep he was on after reminiscing about Katy.

He could not deny that a large part of him, specifically his rather embarrassing erection that was the evidence of his extreme horniness, regretted not using the woman or at the very least jerking off to her naked body. However, each time these thoughts crossed his mind he quieted them. If he had used her body he was no better than Hutch was, and although he could not help the fantasies that kept popping into his head about her, he also felt whacking off in front of her was weird.

He remembered her note saying she would like to see him again, but he doubted that and even so, what kind of girl was she? Brandon had spent most of the night and morning feeling she was the victim, but what if she had chosen to be in that spot? Brandon was not sure he wanted to hang around with a girl like that not matter how hot or easy.

At that thought Brandon shook his head remembering his brother's words, and how long it had been. Sad as it was if she offered he might just take her up on it. He wasn't proud of that thought, but there it was.

Sometime later he finished his workout and after breakfast decided to go for a swim. He thought briefly about going looking for the mysterious Katy, but realized how absurd that was. It was a very large ship and it was not like she had an uncommon name; finding one Katy on a ship this size was near impossible. So he would need to rely on chance or more likely her finding him and somehow he didn't think that was too likely. He could ask Hutch where he found her, but the idea of doing that repulsed him. He'd rather never see the woman again than ask Hutch for something.

So the cruise passed uneventfully for the remainder of that day and the next. Brandon kept an eye out for Katy and even stayed in his room the next afternoon working on his laptop hoping she would come find him there eventually. Brandon had almost forgotten when his phone rang. Puzzled he rose and answered.

"Hello?"

"Brandon, it's Jack." Getting no response as Brandon's mind was so full of hope it had been Katy calling he said, "From the desk... we went to school together?"

Brandon remembered Jack had been a classmate of his and during the whole room mix-up situation they had had a chance to talk.

"Yeah, Jack, sorry I spaced there for a moment, what's up? Is there something wrong with the cabin?" Then after a hopeful pause he added, "You guys wouldn't happen to have found me another suite?"

"No, sorry, nothing like that; we're booked for the duration man, sorry. No I'm calling because we're having some issue with the central computer up here and I remember you were a whiz at programming. You mind coming up to take a look?"

"Don't you guys have someone on staff for that?" Brandon asked, a bit confused.

"We do, but this system is brand new, supposedly state of the art, and immensely complex. If nothing else our guy could use the extra eyes. Some big-wig passengers are getting mighty upset, and pressuring the corporate heads to get this fixed pronto. I figure if you help us fix it maybe someone can get you a job; you did say you were out of work, right? Plus you'd be doing the staff a favor if you could get some of these things to work right for a change... including more than a few very cute waitresses that would be very appreciative if you know what I mean."

Brandon mulled it over and figured why not. If they were willing to let him help he might just get a job out of it, or at the very least it was something to take his mind off the Katy obsession that was beginning to creep him out a bit.

"Sure, I'll meet you in the lobby in few minutes."

Brandon headed out and Jack took him into the room that housed the ship's mainframe. After he was briefly checked out by ship security he and Rick, the company's computer tech, got to talking.

"Jack says you're good. I hope so because whatever this bug is it's a doozy. It's very apparent the distributor sold us an incomplete product. Hell of a thing to put into a near fully automated multi-billion dollar cruise liner carrying over 5,000 people."

After that they went to work. It turned out that while Brandon did not have the slightest idea about the more advanced sections of the program he was rather familiar with the base program they had modified to build the programming. He also knew just how flawed that particular program could be. Once he had pointed this out he and Rick were able to make rapid progress.

After several hours of work the pair had fixed most of the major glitches they found and were about ready to rest before getting the remaining minor issues fixed, when their efforts were greeted by alarms. Fearing they had screwed up they ran a relatively quick check and found that the program was now working, and that the alarms were likely real. The captain sent maintenance to look into the alarms in the lower decks and the report back was sobering. The glitches had caused the ships computer to miss a gas leak in the lower deck. By the maintenance man's estimate if the leak had been allowed to go unnoticed overnight the gas would have spread far enough that the slightest of sparks could have blown the ship into several pieces killing virtually all on board.

"Congratulations boys," the captain said to them, "You just may have prevented the worst sea disaster in history." Then, turning to another man in a suit, he said, "I think these gentlemen have earned a seat at the head table, Mr. Drake, don't you agree?" The man in the suit, whom Brandon would later learn was a corporate officer for the cruise line, gathered himself and agreed.

"Yes, Jim I think that's a very good idea." He then turned to Rick and said, "Good work as usual Mr. Hayes." Rick was about to say something when Mr. Drake held up his hand and looked at Brandon, "And before you object Rick I would also like to thank you Mr. Metcalf for your assistance. You will be rewarded handsomely for services rendered to the cruise line." Brandon thanked him and the man continued, "No trouble, however I have a request. Would you mind, if it's alright with Rick, staying on to iron out the rest of our issues? While those may not be life threatening it would enhance the stay of our guests, and you will of course be paid for your time." Rick nodded his approval of the idea and so Brandon agreed. "Good, that's settled then. If there is anything else we can do for you Mr. Metcalf, please do not hesitate to ask."

"Actually sir, now that you mention it there was a slight mix-up with my room..." Brandon said.

"Say no more my boy. Considered it handled. I'll talk to the desk. I'm sure something can be worked out for the man who helped save the ship."

True to his word things were worked out within minutes. In the time it had taken for him and Rick to finish up a few things a new room had been arranged for him on the penthouse level. By the time he arrived a half hour later Brandon found the ship staff had not only moved all his clothes and belongings, but put most of them away for him.

Shortly after reaching his room and taking a brief moment to marvel at its spaciousness he crashed into the large bed and was out in an instant.

The next morning Brandon explored the room which had a living area with a bedroom and bath attached. It also had a balcony and its own hot tub. After showering and grabbing breakfast Brandon joined Rick in tackling the remaining minor glitches in the system, which took all morning and most of the afternoon. As dinner approached someone for the cruise staff reminded him he was a guest of honor that night at dinner.

That night he headed toward the regular dining room only to find that a more private dinner had been arranged to honor those that had helped avert the disaster, including him, Rick, and the maintenance staff that had been so quick in identifying and solving the gas leak issue. As the only non-cruise line employee Brandon found himself the center of a lot of the praise. It appeared that despite the Line's best efforts to keep the problem quiet word had leaked of a passenger saving the ship, which explained the muttering that had gone on around him all day amongst other passengers.

Brandon enjoyed the praise and was pleasantly surprised to find that several of the guests offered him work, especially after it was made known he was looking. Brandon suddenly had almost too many offers. He decided not to make any rash decisions on the spot and respectfully told those offering this, which most of them respected.

However, it was as he was speaking to Tim Hemmings that something happened that drove all thoughts of work searching from his mind. The woman that approached wore a form-fitting red dress that was incredibly sexy without being too slutty for the proceedings. She wore her platinum blonde hair in an elegant knot for the evening and the effect was absolutely breathtaking. She approached the pair and it was apparent she had come to greet the older man, but Brandon swore her eyes lit up when she saw him before she addressed Mr. Hemmings.

"Hi Daddy!" she said in an extremely cheerful voice.

"Katherine, I'm busy, what did I tell you about interrupting?" he said sternly, reprimanding the twenty something woman as though she were a small child.

"Sorry Daddy," she said, clearly not remorseful at all. before flashing Brandon a mischievous smile. Brandon could tell this girl was trouble, but for some reason it intrigued him more than repulsed him. Then as if to confirm his suspicions she looked at Brandon and said, "Nice to see you again Brandon."

Her father, who had taken little notice of her after his reprimand, stopped and looked at her when she said this.

"Wait, you two know each other?"

"Just in passing. Brandon helped me out the other day when I got a little bit lost. Speaking of which, I believe I owe you a tour of the penthouse level," she said, taking his hand and gently leading Brandon toward a door. Brandon was confused briefly but Katy gave him a pointed look and he hastily agreed.

"Why yes, I believe you do, you don't mind me cutting our chat short, sir?" It was ballsy and so very uncharacteristic for him, but for some reason it worked.

"Of course not," Tim said with a smile, "She's in good hands with you son. Think about my offer though will you?"

Brandon barely had time to respond before Katy was practically dragging him away. He and Katy had soon left the crowded room behind and when they were outside on the deck she immediately grabbed him and to his surprise planted a deep kiss on him. A real feat considering their height difference and the tightness of the dress she wore.

"That was for the other night," she said, before kissing him deeply again, "And that was for saving my life." Brandon was dazed but somehow managed to object to the last point, although he was not sure how coherently. "You saved the ship, and all on board, which includes me, so thank you."

"Well, I helped save the ship and as for the other night I was glad to do it."

"Oh, cute and modest, I like that," the sexy blonde said with a smile. Then, sitting on a deck chair and motioning for him to do the same, she said, "So, mystery hero, tell me about yourself."

Brandon sat and gave her a brief account of his life. As he did he could not help but notice her stunningly deep brown eyes. Somehow those eyes were reassuring as he told her his tale, strangely feeling comfortable telling this woman he barely knew some of his deeper secrets. Her eyes simply conveyed caring and understanding better than any he had ever seen. What's more she conveyed empathy in her actions, words, and body language better than anyone he'd ever met. He smiled to himself at what a marvel this woman was and instantly felt a strong need to protect her and comfort her any way he could.

When he had finished he found she was weeping a bit.

"I'm sorry," she said when she saw he had noticed this, "its just it's so sad that you've been so lonely. I'm glad you at least have family that loves you." Through her concern Brandon noted an edge to her voice in that last statement and had a feeling it had something to do with her own family.

"What about you Katy? What's your story? You now know most everything there is to know about me and all I know is that your name is Katy Hemmings. You're about the most caring and understanding person I've ever met, you have the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen, you've been known to take nude pictures of yourrself for strangers, and," he hesitated, "your dad treats you as if you were a child."

She kissed him again and clearly touched by his comments said thank you, then looked at him funny and said "No comments on the body?"

Brandon smiled, "Well that's amazing too, but who you are inside makes you so much more appealing than what you look like outside."

"Oooh, good answer," Katy said with a smile.

"Of course the body is a nice perk..." he added, trailing off.

"And moment gone," she teased before kissing him to show the last part had not upset her too much.

Wanting to make amends he added, "I must say you look exceptionally lovely tonight though Katy, especially that dress... wow." Katy smiled.

"I'm glad you like it. I wore it for you." Brandon was confused and must have looked it,."Your name was all over the invite silly!" Then, seeming to not want to embarrass him further she said, "I guess after that kind of flattery I can hardly refuse your request kind sir."

She got serious and told her story and while it was sad it was nowhere near as bad as he expected. She seemed to have had a good life as daddy's little princess, but her kind heart and rather promiscuous attitude had caused friction between her and her father. Most recently the biggest tension between the two came from her father taking a little too active of a role in her love life.

Katy was having a rough time as being so trusting and caring as she was and having the body she did, she was prone to heartbreak. Compounding her problem was that the few times she managed to find a guy who would treat her well they always fell short of her father's lofty expectations.

As Katy finished her tale Brandon noticed a storm brewing in the distance seemingly from nowhere. He suggested getting out of the storm and Katy agreed immediately. Seeing this Brandon realized something.

"Storms scare you don't they?" She nodded

"Especially thunder and lightning. It's too bad you don't have your own room 'cause I really hate sleeping alone on nights like this, but I just can't go back to that room wherehewill be and taking you to my room is out of the question; daddy would kill you." Brandon knew that something was smiling down on him as pulled his new key from his pocket.

"Well you would've been right last night, but saving the ship has its perks. Mr. Drake had me moved to my own penthouse suite this morning. Turns out they didn't want word that their hero was forced to double up thanks to a booking error. So if you like we can head to my room, as it would be my pleasure to be your shelter from the storm so to speak."

Katy smiled, and jumping into his arms showered him with kisses, "Oh thank you Brandon," she said, hugging close to him and then looking into his eyes saying in a much sexier voice, "You know I'll need ample distraction to make me forget about the storm..."

Brandon got her meaning and no sooner had he set her down than he was leading her toward his room. Since hers was down the hall she made a brief stop for a few items figuring her parents would be still at the dinner schmoozing the other passengers. They reached his room and Katy immediately insisted on changing out of the fancy dress she wore. She had thought about doing that when she got to her room but decided against it, not wanting to push her luck in visiting her room.

Brandon decided to change out of his formal clothes while Katy changed in the attached bathroom. He had no soon finished removing his shirt and pants then the door opened and Katy walked in. To Brandon's surprise she still was wearing her dress but her long blonde hair hung loose and any traces of makeup she had been wearing were gone.

She gave him a smile before turning and asking over her shoulder, "Brandon, would you be a dear and unzip me. I could but it's a really awkward angle." Brandon agreed and crossed the room. He pulled down the zipper for her and was surprised that when he reached the middle of her back he found no bra underneath. Sure she had been wearing one earlier, he went to question her about it. However the words never left his mouth as at that moment Katy turned around and shrugged the straps of her dress off causing the front to fold down around her waist. Brandon couldn't help but stare at the magnificent chest in front of him. If he had been able to form a coherent thought he might have wondered how her rock hard nipples had not given her little ploy away, but as it was he could care less at the moment.

"Well, big boy? You only gonna to stare at 'em or what?" she asked playfully. Brandon, shaken out of his trance by her tease, gladly reached forward and grabbed one of the magnificent mounds in each hand, her hard nipples settling between his caressing fingers. The moment his fingers went to work the small blonde seemingly melted to his touch and was almost immediately moaning in absolute pleasure. Brandon smiled as for the first time he felt in control of things and he was determined to make Katy feel so good so she'd never even remember their was a storm tonight.

With little coaxing he had her on the bed and he knelt in front of her determined to taste the nipples he had admired in the tub a few nights back. However no sooner had he begun than he realized he had her on the brink and smiling to himself he got an idea. He sat up and kissed the now near delirious blonde and rose, helping her to her feet while he whispered in her ear.

"We'd better get this nice dress off you and quick baby cause it sounds like you're about to make a mess of it." Katy gave little argument and shimmied her hips to help him remove the dress the rest of the way. As it hit the floor Brandon found that her bra was not the only underwear she was missing. "Hmm no panties... you are a dirty girl aren't you? Well get ready to cum hard for me dirty girl."

As tempted as he was to plunge his fingers into her glisteningly wet pussy he refrained knowing that her big tasty tits were the center of her world right now. Her laid her flat and began his assault on the fleshy orbs with increasing speed teasing her at first and getting faster and more insistent with each pass. He began sucking and teasing her nipples while simultaneously massaging the rest of her ample chest. As he sucked and lightly nipped a one of her hard nubs he caressed the other breast and nipple with his free hand. The effect put Katy in a state of bliss. She just thrashed in pleasure, her naked body writhing beneath his as she screamed out in ecstasy. Several times she attempted to grind her crotch against his conveniently placed knees, but he held her steady and let the pleasure from her breasts alone overwhelm her.

12