What If? Ch. 06

Story Info
Brandon and Katy are found out.
3.5k words
4.47
17.1k
4

Part 6 of the 14 part series

Updated 10/28/2022
Created 05/11/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Edited by HJF

In the aftermath of Jack's news Brandon was left with several decisions to make, the first of which was to not tell Katy. With her mom leaving for vacation in Florida, her dad bound to put pressure on their relationship, and the new baby, the last thing she needed was more stress in her life.

However that only compounded the stress levels for Brandon because now not only was he keeping a big secret from Katy, something he thoroughly disliked, but the time had come for Brandon to fulfill his contract with Mr. Hemmings' company. So for the next two weeks Brandon would be in close proximity of a man he really would have preferred to avoid before the letters arrived, and now was thoroughly not looking forward to facing him knowing the older man would love to torment him. The really bad thing was he knew Katy's dad would never say whether he had read the letter or not, so Brandon was left to wonder in silence whether his new supervisor knew the truth about what had transpired on a warm September afternoon in Chicago.

As expected Katy's dad lived up to expectation and he made life hell on Brandon every chance he got. Still Brandon work diligently and even put in extra time in hopes of fulfilling his duties early.

Not helping matters was that Katy, in her attempt to hide her new condition from her remaining family, as well as avoid her dad, began staying with Brandon most nights and had practically moved in just after her mom left for Florida. Ordinarily he would have been glad to have her around but seeing her often reminded him of the lie he had told and as the two weeks passed the stress of it wore on him so that he purposely saw less and less of her.

Between this and her pregnancy-inspired mood swings the once happy pair began to fight more and more often, often over the smallest things. However, one night he came home to find Katy beaming. It was the first time in days he had seen her happy. She greeted him with a kiss and despite his foul mood he felt lighter after the intense kiss.

"Welcome home baby, I'd ask about your day but it seemed lousy and I don't want anything to interfere with tonight. We are going to have a stress-free relaxing night together, okay?" Brandon nodded.

Katy led him to the kitchen where he found she had prepared one of his favorites for dinner.

"Katy this is amazing," he said sitting down, "What's the occasion?"

"Nothing, just felt we were due a night like this, and I got some good news."

"Good news? What?"

"Later, for now just eat, baby."

They ate quietly for a while but eventually managed to have their first fight-free discussion in several days. When the meal and dessert were finished they both cleaned up and after that Katy took his hand and led him to the bedroom. She directed him to the bed and told him to wait before she went into the attached bathroom.

She emerged wearing only a very sexy set of lingerie made of a sheer blue material that concealed nothing. She posed sexily for him in the doorway and asked, "So big boy, see something you like?"

Brandon could only nod as Katy made a slow and sexy walk over to the bed. When she got there she kissed him before whispering in his ear while tugging at his belt, "Someone is mighty over-dressed."

Brandon did not need any more of a hint and quickly helped her strip off his clothes. Soon only his boxers remained.

"Much better," she said before pushing him down unto the bed. She then straddled him and fishing out his hard cock licked her lips. "This looks yummy," she said in her sexy voice before engulfing his shaft in her warm mouth.

As always Brandon was in heaven the instant she began to suck. He just laid back on the bed and enjoyed the sensation. She sucked him off until he erupted in her mouth a few minutes later. As he was she straddled his hips and bent down to kiss him. She then sat up wiggling on his softened dick and not getting the response she was hoping for she smiled and said, "I wanted to wear this for you before it was too late. I'm already getting too big for it, the cups of this bra are a little tight, see?" She then thrust her tits in his face before sitting up and continuing, "You don't mind if I take it off?" she asked before answering her own question while stripping off the sheer garment. "Of course you don't, you love my big tits," She then flashed her mischievous smile and said, "especially now that they're only going to get bigger. You know like my tummy soon will." Brandon felt himself go hard and Katy clearly felt it too as she smiled and rolled off him.

She then removed her panties and spread herself for him. By the time she got out her request to fuck her Brandon was already lining up his painfully hard shaft at her waiting entrance. He at first fucked her hard like she liked it these days, before slowing down and making it more about love. In the end they both came together in a lover's climax.

Afterwards they cuddled together and Brandon asked, "Not to press my luck tonight, but why the good mood hon?"

"I had an appointment today." Brandon felt a twinge; he had forgotten the appointment. Katy must have sensed his guilt and said, "Don't feel bad, word is dad is working you real hard. Besides, we're trying not to make a big deal out of this. Anyway I had the appointment and found out the baby is perfectly healthy thus far and it just made me realize how lucky I am married to a wonderful man with a healthy baby on the way. It made all the fights seem unimportant somehow."

Brandon agreed though he felt guilt about the 'married to a wonderful man' part, but he would fix that. He was trying to find a way that did not involve going to Chicago, but it was difficult because the project took so much of his time. They talked some more before Katy feel into a deep sleep. Brandon, however, still on edge from work, and not liking lying to Katy, fell into an uneasy sleep.

The next few days were better after that. It seemed the news at the appointment had really helped Katy's mood. Brandon even found himself quite ahead of schedule by week's end. In fact he arranged for Katy to meet him after his final half-day of work to celebrate. He was just finishing up when he got a call.

"Hey, you're early," Brandon said, not waiting to hear who it was.

"What?" a familiar male voice answered on the other end of the phone.

"Jack?" Brandon asked, confused.

"Yeah, who else would it be?" Brandon looked at the caller ID and realized it was his brother's number.

"Right, caller ID. Sorry, I was expecting Katy to call about now, what's up?"

"I need a favor bro; mind if I crash at your place a few days? Gina and I are kinda in a rough spot."

"Sure," Brandon said, concerned, "Are you two okay?"

"Oh, yeah," Jack said reassuringly, 'We're fine. You know how Gina gets sometimes, it'll work out fine. I just think it's best I give her some space for the time being."

"Yeah sure, you might need to hook up the utilities and get food but otherwise it's all yours. I'm out here in the East until the end of the weekend."

"Great, I should be back home by then. You won't even know I was here. I'll even stock the fridge for you, how's that sound?"

"Good man, good; hope you and Gina work things out soon."

"Me too bro, me too, thanks for the place. I owe you."

"No problem." Brandon hung up the phone and went back to work. He was so deep in his thoughts about work and his brother he lost track of time and realized he had yet to hear from Katy. He was about to dial when his phone rang. This time in order to avoid a mix-up he checked the caller ID, and as he did worry and confusion flooded his mind. It was local hospital and his brain went into over-drive. It was snowy and icy out, Katy was over a half hour late, and now a call from the hospital? This was not good.

"Hello?" he answered the phone hoarsely.

"Brandon Metcalf? We have you as the primary contact for a Katherine Metcalf?"

Katy must have changed her ID at some point without telling him. Brandon felt shame in not having told her the truth yet the poor girl had taken the name of a lying man who was not even her husband, and whose child she carried.

"Sir? Are you Brandon Metcalf and do you know a Katherine Metcalf?" He realized he been so lost in thought he forgot to answer.

"Yes, I'm Brandon. Katy is my wife; is she okay?" The wife part was a lie and he felt ashamed saying it, but he needed to know if she was alright, to be there for her. Fraud or not she believed he was her husband and she needed him now.

"She was in an accident. We expect her to make a full recovery."

The next question came without thinking, but what was the sense in lying to doctors? They knew it by now anyway, "And the baby?"

There was a silence on the other end of the phone that answered his question. Some part of him tried to hope it was only because she had to look for the answer, but deep down he knew. She was finding the strength to tell a father-to-be his child would never be born. "I'm sorry sir," she said, her surprisingly compassionate words confirming his worst fears. "Your wife suffered direct trauma to her abdomen from the air bag. It saved her life, but..." she didn't finish and Brandon did not need her to. The safety device had spared Katy, but taken their child.

"Thanks. Tell Katy I'm on my way if she's awake."

"Absolutely sir, and I'm sorry for your loss."

He thanked her again and packed up his stuff and headed to the hospital in a trance. As he drove he began to wonder how he had been so happy not two weeks before, but first the county's error, then his brother, and now Katy was injured and the baby gone. He wondered how much more the universe had in store for him.

His answer came when he found Katy's dad and brother at the counter arguing with the nurses about not being admitted to see their family member.

"You," her dad whirled on him as Brandon approached, "were the reason she was out today. I blame you for this. Leave before I have you escorted out."

"Actually sir, you can't do that. I'm afraid he has more rights than you in this case," the nurse said in extreme discomfort. "And as I was trying to explain before you started screaming at me sir the patient would like to only speak with her mother or husband at this time. She even specifically told me not to allow in you or her brothers until she has spoken to her mother or husband and I'm afraid we must honor her wishes." Then looking past a furious Mr. Hemmings she said, "You must be," she looked at her chart, "Brandon?"

"Yes," he said.

"She's in room 5, follow me."

Brandon went to follow but a furious Tim Hemmings stuck out a hand and grabbed him as he walked by.

"Now hold on boy, you're going to explain this husband business."

The nurse came to Brandon's aid, "Mr. Hemmings your daughter has been through enough pain today without you adding to it, don't you think? I think we both agree that she needs comfort and I'm beginning to understand why she prefers Mr. Metcalf's company over yours. Please do not make a scene or I will be forced to have you escorted from the building."

Then showing spine Brandon did not know he had Katy's older brother Dale spoke. "Look, dad, I'm not Brandon's biggest fan and I don't like being lied to either, but he cares about Katy and she needs someone right now. We can deal with this other business later. Helping Katy is what matters now."

Mr. Hemmings begrudgingly let go of Brandon's arm and the nurse led him to her room. She was out it appeared, but she was pretty bruised everywhere. The nurse summed up her injuries, stating none were serious.

"The worst of the injuries is going to be emotional. The loss of a child for an expectant mother can be devastating, especially given the circumstances. She will need reassurance and to know you do not blame her. Even if you do Mr. Metcalf you cannot let her know that." Then seemingly remembering what was said in the hall, "Nor can you blame yourself, she needs you to be strong for her. This was neither of your faults. Bad things just sometimes happen to good people." Brandon nodded and the nurse left.

Not long after Katy awoke and no sooner had she looked at Brandon than her eyes filled with tears and she tried to apologize through them. Brandon hugged her close and tried to soothe her the best he could. He remembered what the nurse told him and repeated over and over it was not her fault and the line about bad things and good people.

She apologized about outing their secret and he forgave her. He was on the verge of telling her about the letter, but thought better of it. She had suffered enough emotional trauma today. For the same reason he also did not mention Jack's call either.

The fight between him and Katy's dad and brother was no fun either. Brandon did his best to hold his tongue while Mr. Hemmings laid into him, knowing that speaking back could only make things worse. Then Katy's dad made a remark about almost losing his baby and before Brandon could help himself he had spoken out.

"Well at least you have the luxury of saying almost. Some of us aren't that lucky."

That caused quite a stir, but fortunately like an angel of mercy Katy's mom arrived at that moment and relieved Brandon. Taking the opportunity to escape the bombardment Brandon gladly headed home to try to clear his head.

The next few days he spent time at the hospital and in order to keep the peace Katy's mom made sure that when Brandon visited her husband was not there and vice-versa. Eventually Katy was sent home. Brandon stopped by to see her and tell her he was headed home. Partly because now that she was feeling better he needed to get clear of the Hemmings family and partly because Jack was still in his place and he wanted to be there for his brother.

The visit did not go at all as planned. While waiting to see Katy Brandon endured silent glares from her dad. He suspected her mom had convinced him not to insult Brandon in front of Katy.

Despite his best effort the glares got to him though and Brandon could hold it no longer.

"You know, I don't get you sir. I know you read the letter to Katy, so why are you still cooperating? I'd have thought you'd have played your trump card by now. Surely the letter told you everything."

"What letter are you talking about?" the older man asked.

"The letter to Katy, from the county about our wedding, surely you must have..." Brandon was near shouting as he finished, but the confused look on the other man's face let Brandon know he had made a grave error. Mr. Hemmings had no idea what letter Brandon spoke of. He had not received the letter, but if he hadn't where had it gone?"

Then Katy's voice came from upstairs and she did not sound happy, "Oh husband dearest would you please come here?" Brandon found her standing on the landing clutching a letter from Cook County, the very letter he had been speaking to her dad about.

When he reached her she glared at him and said, "I've just been going through old mail and what do I find? A three week old letter telling me that I'm not actually married to the man I've been calling my husband for almost two months now. Now that would be bad enough if not for the fact that this seems to indicate thatallparties involved got a letter which means that not only did you lie to me you convinced your brother and his wife to lie to me as well. What, was I too fragile to know you were a lying fraud? I thought you were better than this Brandon. What else are you lying about that I should know? How can I even trust you after you lied about something this big?"

Brandon was speechless for a moment, but then the dam broke. After holding his tongue about her and her family for two weeks her tirade was the last straw.

"Fine, you don't trust me? Well, I'm done. I've had enough of your family, the stress, the lies, the sneaking. Do you know I've awoken some days feeling trapped and despising you? I never thought I'd ever despise you, but I have. I used to think we could make this work, but I was wrong. It was too much too fast and we're paying for it. You're right I should have told you, but you could have told me you were paying off the mailman to hide your mail from your dad instead of leaving me to think for the past two weeks that he knew I was a fraud," Brandon said, pointing at her dad. "And while we're on the subject please fucking stop acting like the ditzy blonde idiot. You are not daddy's little princess and you need to get the fuck away from these people and be your own woman. Some days I wonder if that's all I am to you is a damn ticket out of the god forsaken house. Otherwise why the fuck are you with me? Have some fucking confidence in yourself. You don't need me or your daddy or brother or anyone else to be successful; you can manage that on your own. For fuck's sake Katy, you graduated from Harvard."

When he was done she stared at him and calmly said, "You're right, I don't know why I'm with a man who lies to me, is constantly undervaluing himself, and has no idea how wonderful he is. Most of all he's a fucking coward. Go, go fucking run home coward. You're free, you have neither a wife nor a baby to hold you here so just go!" She then took off her ring and threw it at him. "And take that with you you fucking wuss, what I ever saw in you I'll never know!" She then stormed back to her room crying followed by Katy's mom and dad. Brandon hastily left.

He then packed up his stuff and prepared to fly back the next day. As he packed he was surprised to see Katy's mom had visited him.

"Brandon...don't..." she stated, but he cut her off.

"I know what you're going to say Mrs. H and I appreciate you coming out here, but I can't do it anymore. It's just too much. Most of all I can't stand how little she thinks of herself. I can't enable that anymore, I love her, or I think I do, I'm not sure anymore, but I can't do this." Katy's mom nodded in understanding and he finished packing his last bag and grabbed it, but had one last thought. He turned to the older woman and asked, "Can I ask a favor?"

"Anything."

He took off his ring and gave it to her, "I want her to have this. I'm going to hang onto hers, and I hope she doesn't mind. I just want her to have some part of me and a reminder of that warm day in September when we were happy. Maybe we can be one day, but not right now."

With that he grabbed his bag, got in the car, and drove away to head back home. As he drove he clutched Katy's small gold ring in his hand and wondered what his future held, the openness of it both alluring and frightening.