What Now? Ch. 05

Story Info
Hot, family, speculation and past history.
3.6k words
4.78
8.6k
16

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 12/22/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers

Dear Readers,

From hot sex to hot temperatures. Lyssa tries to figure out how to go forward and Stephanie is a little lost.

Enjoy,

KemMyst

*********************

Lorelei was gasping, trying to catch her breath. It wasn't necessarily unusual for them to have straight sex but, this time had an elevated level of passion and urgency. He had barely made it in the door when she started kissing him and pulling off his clothes.

She had taught Thomas the rewards of delay so he held her off, stuck his nose behind her ear and inhaled.

After filling his nose with her scent, he stripped her. She pled with him as he held her still so he could admire her body.

Lorelei squirmed and her special scent wafted upward. She watched his nostrils flare and knew what that meant. He'd told her he could smell her and that she smelled good, better, when she was wet and ready.

Thomas pulled Lorelei's hands over her head and held them there with one hand. The other whispered down her body, so light. She wasn't actually sure whether he actually touched her or not.

Oh, God, she was so sensitive all of a sudden.

Lorelei yelped when he stuck two fingers in her. He barely brushed her clit with his thumb and she broke. Before she could recover he twisted and leaned down to suck on her breast. Lorelei arched upward. Teeth against her nipple, pulling the ring in it upwards while he stroked her inner walls. Light nibbles had her taking a deep breath as the second wave engulfed her.

She writhed. "In me. Please."

He came up to her ear and whispered. "Not yet."

She groaned again as he pulled his fingers from her. Looking her in the eye, he stuck them in his mouth and sucked on them.

It was sooooo hot.

Then he gave her a knowing smile and slid them back in, caressing her g-spot and sliding his thumb over her clit. It didn't take too long before she was swept away. Again. This time he felt a jet of fluid against his hand. "Oh, wow," she said, dreamily, "I squirted. Oh, man, T. Oh, wow."

In one fluid movement, he pulled his hand away, grabbed her hips, and plunged in. She squealed at his entrance and dug nails into his shoulders.

She was flushed, sweating, and met him stroke for stroke. But her movements grew jerky rather quickly and he felt the pulsing as she rose again. Thomas pushed through, feeling the tension rise in his own body more quickly than he wanted. He came with a roar while she engulfed him. Warm and wet and welcoming.

*****

Only a couple of items needed her attention when she returned to the pack. Stephanie was glad that she could take a bit of a break.

Tonight, she just wanted to curl up in bed, eat a ham sandwich, and watch a documentary on a war the humans had had. Calvin had been right. It was good to get some understanding of their actions and motivations.

Though she knew she'd never understand some things. Their ranges, sure, she knew why that was an issue. But fighting over whose god was right or real? Getting mad because someone drove in front of them? Attacking teachers for a bad grade? Crazy.

But hurting someone in your family, or children? That would be familiar to any pack member. Disputes were settled in the circle or by the Alphas, though that was rarely needed. They had rules and laws of their own.

The pup moved inside her. It was growing larger quickly and would really throw off her balance soon. She hadn't heard any more grumbling since she'd told the pack she was pregnant. She'd have trouble fighting for the next couple of months.

Tomorrow she'd be off to the Wyeth den. How would Lyssa react?

*****

Lyssa's mind spun. Stephanie, the Ross Alpha, had just postulated a theory that made all the sense in the world.

Jamie's death wasn't about the presence of werewolves among humanity. She looked at Stephanie, chest heaving. "It's about me."

"Do you really think so?"

"If you didn't, you wouldn't have talked to me about it, would you?"

"I hoped I was wrong."

Why was Mercy left alive? If the human had a problem with werewolves he would have shot and killed both, he'd apparently watched the crossing for a couple of days. Why not kill one or some of them earlier?

There was only one reasonable explanation. A targeted attack.

But, why Jamie? No one understood it.

The press had written about the death of one of their kind. Lyssa had read the first few comments on the story and gave up in disgust. The venom and hatred being thrown about just... What was wrong with people?

Stephanie had provided the last piece of the puzzle. Everything stood out in clear relief and fear clenched her heart.

Jamie and his twin were light-colored wolves and would look grey in the moonlight. Their size would have been hard to gauge.

Someone had meant to kill Emmett and there was only one human who hated him that much.

Now, who to tell, how to prove it, and what to do?

Tell the police?

What were the chances that they'd be able to successfully prosecute the case?

The pack? The Alphas?

And then what? What would they do?

Should she tell Emmett?

"Thank you, Alpha." A breath. "So, how are you feeling. Is everything going alright?"

Stephanie blinked. "My sister thinks I'm having a male..."

Stephanie chewed over Lyssa's reactions on the way home. She had been stunned, surely, and thought it made sense. But she hadn't said what she would do.

Considering Lyssa's previous responses to some difficult situations, Stephanie began to worry.

Esmeralda strode into the office. "Alpha, the ovens are failing. We're not going to be able to finish the meal we had planned..."

*****

Lyssa was on the roof as Emmett walked up behind her. He knew that the Ross Alpha had been over to see her.

As he slid his arms around her waist, [So, what did you talk about?]

Lyssa sighed and leaned back against her mate's broad chest. [Oh, a couple of things. Jamie. Being pregnant.]

He hugged her a little more tightly but furrowed his brow. Stephanie had an entire pack to talk to. Healers and females who'd birthed pups. They'd had an emergency council meeting. What were they discussing? Whatever it was, it seemed he'd have a hard time getting her to talk about it. He kissed the back of her head.

He realized she was facing the second road crossing. She was probably thinking something about Jamie or maybe losing a pup.

That was probably it, he thought. She would be having another heat soon and he had miscarried their last pup. Yeah, that was probably it. He could try asking her about it but she'd just get upset. Better just to hold her and let her sort thorough her feelings and let her talk, if she wanted to.

*****

She knew where he lived, the information was on the lawsuit. After all, they were making payments for his emotional distress.

It had to be Ronnie. It had to be.

He wanted Emmett dead. Probably ever since Emmett tore up and pissed on his jacket. Maybe since they first met, when she had thought he was an injured dog.

She had to do something. He'd killed Jamie.

He'd. Killed. Jamie.

It could have been Emmett.

He had been so mad when she threw him out. Emmett had protected her when Ronnie came back after her. Ronnie had been so mad he'd gone to prison for torching her house. Emmett had run with her when they thought she was going to be given to Thomas, had searched for them when she and Joanna had been kidnapped. And, she had to admit it, she hadn't always been easy to live with,

They'd been mated for years now and he was everything she could have ever asked for in a husband.

She sniffled.

It was time to do something for him.

Lyssa was getting emotional, sniffling. He twisted her around and held her close. She leaned against him, putting a hand against his chest, with her eyes closed.

Given a little while, she took a deep breath. Dark brown eyes looked up at him and she gave him a smile, even though it looked a little sad. "Love you."

He squeezed her a little tighter. "I love you, too, mate."

Their lovemaking that night was gentle, tender. She was introspective and he took his cue from her mood.

He held her in his arms afterward. He meant to watch her fall asleep but was unable to stay awake. He was warm, comfortable, with his mate in his arms. He was content. And his eyelids closed.

As he fell asleep, her mind was turning furiously.

What else would she do? What could she do? How would she do it?

She was stronger now, knew how to fight.

She started running scenarios in her mind.

******

The police had, of course, released a statement. A blue car had been noted at the scene, make unknown. A vague description of the man, the gun.

Without something substantial to go on, there was little chance of finding the murderer. The gun's caliber was nothing unusual, nor were the bullets. Partial prints had been found on the brass, but did not have enough of the print to be assured of a match.

The police commissioner went back to Wyeth, with one of the officers, to see if the young lady could remember anything more as well as to check on her welfare.

He was amazed at how good the wound looked and that it seemed to be healing very well.

Unfortunately, she wasn't able to shine any more light on the attack.

******

Emmett watched Lyssa the next day. She was quiet, seemed to be thinking about something.

He debated as to whether this was the start of another of her spells.

She knew Jamie as well as anyone else in the pack but, really?

How to do it? What did she want? Did she want him dead?

If she called him he'd have her number on his phone. And the police would find it.

They called them burn phones. Hmm. But there were receipts and video cameras.

She was already thinking about hiding her identity...

What did she want?

He'd always wanted Emmett dead; what would he do if he found out Emmett was still alive?

Lyssa borrowed one of the pack's cars and withdrew some money from their account. She went to a couple of thrift stores, a couple of dollar stores, and a Kmart. She picked up a cheap hoodie and some baggy pants. She also got a micro recorder and a couple of tapes. She checked the prices on some prepaid phones. She paid cash for everything.

She was starting to get a plan together.

******

Carolyn had taken the young ones to the small gorge on the range. While the youngest bounded around, Carolyn was teaching the others about geology and erosion. Emmaline was chasing a butterfly.

Troy nipped at Emmanuel and the chase was on.

Troy, being older, could quickly outdistance the younger pup but that wasn't the point. So, Emmanuel chased him, trying hard to get to Troy. Around and around, amazingly not running over any of the others. However, a couple growled and nipped at them as they went by. When Troy tired of the game, he bounded up the side and Emmanuel scrambled to follow.

Troy jumped an open space where Emmanuel could not follow.

Emmanuel was perched on a small protrusion. The bank above him was loose shale and he couldn't climb. It wasn't wide enough to get the speed to jump across and the jump down was scary.

So he whined and shifted. The others were some distance away so they didn't hear him whine. He moved and rocks slid from under his paws.

An overwhelming sense of fear came over them. The pups huddled and Carolyn looked around fearfully. [Something's wrong at the ravine.]

Jeremy and Erich were fairly close and headed in that direction.

[Mama! Daddy! I stuck!]

Carolyn's head whipped around and she saw the small pup perched on the side of the ravine.

[Emmanuel's got himself stuck. We're OK.]

*****

Emmett and Lyssa slid to a stop in their headlong rushes.

He was OK. They were OK.

Emmett sent to his mate. [It's when he's upset.]

Lyssa sat and considered. He had only sent once before, when Troy had taken his cookie.

They had sent and cajoled and pressed Emmaline but he hadn't been able to repeat the communication.

Well, though they couldn't carry on a typical conversation there was one less thing to worry about. While they couldn't tell him to hide or run, he would be able to call for help if something was wrong.

*****

Stephanie squeezed the bridge of her nose. She had such a headache.

She was listening to arguments with respect to the bunker she had proposed for protection. While everyone had welcomed the idea, no one could agree on design.

Harris suggested joining a couple of cargo containers. Their healer suggested placing much of the building underground. Amanda was pushing for a concrete structure with very thick walls.

There was discussion about size, who it would house in the event of attack, and what should be kept inside. Electricity? Phone service? Televisions? What if the pack got bigger or had company?

Sampson looked at his Alpha and understood how much she disliked this aspect of leading the pack.

"Alpha, perhaps each of our packmates would draw their design and determine a cost estimate?"

She closed her eyes briefly, in relief. "We don't have an unlimited budget. Come back in three days with an estimate of materials needed to put the building together along with an idea of what it would look like. Dimensions. Facilities. Thank you."

Everyone filed out though Sampson stayed behind.

"I swear this pup is muddling my thinking." Stephanie ran a hand over the bulge in her belly. Sampson was startled at the movement there. "My sister thinks it's a male,and, by the way he's acting now, he'll be hard to keep up with."

Quietly, Sampson asked, "Have you got any ideas for a name?"

"Yes, I've been thinking about it. Did you know Calvin's father?"

"Cal didn't talk about him?" Stephanie shook her head. They hadn't been together that long but he would have thought it would have come up somewhere along the line. Sampson looked away for a bit, gathering himself, deciding where to begin. "Gayle, his mother, was a force of nature." Stephanie thought to object, but then understood it had something to do with her mate's father. She breathed out and settled in to listen. "She was daughter of a Gates Beta, very independent, and strong. She worked hard, sparring with the males whenever she could, against her parents' wishes. Ran off alone, hunting. The Alpha female watched her and started spending time with her, training her, in essence. She saw the potential in Gayle, knew she'd mate at least a Beta, thought she'd be likely to mate an Alpha."

"When she came of age, the males in the packs swarmed around her. She rebuffed them all, including one of the Alpha heirs. Some were more persistent than others." Stephanie frowned. "Most, of course, were Omegas. They were easier to dissuade. Generally. It didn't happen often, even then, but mates were sometimes still taken by force. Two or three ended up with some scars to remember her by. She picked up a couple herself."

"The unmated gathering came three years later, at Severn. It was a relatively small affair so it didn't take long for them to figure out who else was there and females were few. Without another outlet, the males mostly got drunk and fought. She stood nearby, watching."

"Several of the males lost because they were distracted by her. She didn't do anything, just watched. But that was not the case with one of the males. He was focused. Strong."

"Jack was Alpha heir and had had his share of females. While they roused his desire he found none suitable as mate."

"So, he fought, and beat pretty much every male there, never looked at her. During a break in the action, Gayle stepped into the circle. He looked her up and down, and laughed. She attacked him."

"He was taken off guard and she launched an aggressive assault. After a couple of good gouges, Jack recovered enough presence of mind to counter her. He got her on her back and settled on top of her. They say her eyes blazed as she looked up at him. He looked at her, looked her over, leaned down to sniff her."

"She tried to bite him."

"She squirmed; he tightened his grip. Since all he was doing was keeping her still the others, watching, drifted away. It was spring and full dark. A light rain started. Jack slowly sank down on her and inhaled deeply. He said one word to her, 'Mate', and kissed her."

"They were mated that night."

"Jack took to Alpha well, knew what he wanted, and found ways to get there. He fended off two challengers. Gayle gave him three pups. Calvin was trained well for Alpha, but ended up taking the role earlier than most after his father died."

"How?" Stephanie asked.

"It was a full moon hunt. They were taking out a large buck and one of the young wolves got in the way. The infection was bad and took him pretty quickly."

Sampson fell quiet. Stephanie thought for a bit. "I have one last question. What happened to his mother?"

Sampson exhaled. "Things were different back then." Stephanie nodded. "She never took another mate. And, every time she went into heat, she had Calvin lock her up. Sometimes, they were able to get a sedative into her. It was about eight years later that

they stopped. The healer was surprised and confused. Turns out it was a cancer. She hung on for almost a year. Cal found Sabine three years later."

"Thank you, Sampson." She took two breaths. "Go. Be with your mate."

Sampson stood, took a look at her and, reluctantly, left.

Stephanie put her head in her hands and breathed for a bit. Then she went to her bed and curled up on it.

*****

Lyssa had been going through DVDs, sitting near the speakers with the little tape recorder she had bought.

*****

July. It was hot, miserable.

No one had noticed any vehicles hanging around during sweep; none of the other packs had had any problems, well, other than the protesters. Church groups praying for their souls, while debating if they had any.

The humans were preparing for the holiday. The wolves didn't understand Independence Day. It was all smoke and burning smells, bight lights and loud noises. All of these things assaulted wolf senses.

It had been dry. Much of the foliage crackled underfoot. Trails were more open and readily followed. Madeline fretted over the gardens.

And, while she had never partaken of the habit, Stephanie gritted her teeth and stood still each time one of the females caressed her belly. It was large enough now to be readily apparent. And the pup was active, interfering with her rest. She had looked at her body in the mirror once and was discomfited by the image. She had always been thin, muscular. The swelling seemed wrong to her, vaguely obscene. Calvin probably would have been gushing.

Stephanie had all mirrors removed from the Alpha suite that afternoon.

Lyssa walked into their room to find her men sitting on the couch, eating potato chips and watching Madagascar. Emmanuel burst into a fit of uncontrollable giggles every time Alex broke into his dance. She plunked down on the seat beside her little boy, which caused him to bounce slightly. He looked up at her and Emmett paused the movie as his mate began planting kisses on any part of their son she could get to while he attempted to fend her off. Lyssa let Emmanuel go and leaned over to kiss her mate. Emmett met her in the middle. "What's going on, mate?"

She had been acting a little unusually lately, going into town, watching short movie clips, talking to herself.

"Usual stuff, Em. Waiting for the other shoe to drop."

"You think they'll try again?"

"If they hate us enough, somebody will."

[What are you up to, mate?] He looked more closely at her.

Lyssa looked into those milk chocolate brown eyes and thought of what she was doing and why. She broke into a smile. [It's a surprise.]

*****

They hadn't said who had died but he thought he'd gotten away with it.

KemMyst
KemMyst
1,303 Followers
12